"You photograph with all your ideology, I don’t want anyone to appreciate the light or the palette of tones. I want my pictures to inform, to provoke discussion – and to raise money. " SEBASTIAO SALGADO
The DUDE ABIDES.......designer, enviromentalist , I'm an open book to you...full name and address, I've very little to hide. I look with a lens to the future, the past is past. very interested in music..OUR cameras....SINAR/BRON23/CaptureShop/Nikon700/FinePIXS3. Canon 40D and 5DMarkII, lotso Canon lenses love the 24 to 70mm best.... Did you know that Minor White Workshops checked all student's fancy-smancy cameras into a locker and then issued a polaroid ...with one shot a day-tomorrow critique, now that you have only One exposure, how do you frame it??...........Was it Hemmingway being shot (photographed) (insert Francis Macomber joke about "bring enough gun!" here) by Irving Penn.Hemmingway fancied himself quit a photographer, so he asked Penn "what kind of camera do you use?" ..Penn replied "what kind of typewriter does your best writting?" While we are on typewriters... William S. Burroughs said "Images. Millions of images. That's what I eat."- I could go there.
On "that" end i have a preference for pinhole cameras over Holgas and Lomo's and love the folks that still can run film through a Hawkeye or a Brownie.
A wise person once said "Better to light ONE SINGLE CANDLE than to curse the darkness"
..AND ALL THAT JAZZ
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
This website is worthWhat is your website worth?
"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it "
-- Ansel Adams
Photos of Steven Ford / snowbasinbumps (7)
- Utah Models 737 photos, 88 members
- A.E. ( Level 4 ) "NOT AWARDING BAN" 7,517 photos, 1,310 members
- Masterpieces at Second Sight (add one, comment two) 34,130 photos, 811 members
- Sunset's View Masters 17,826 photos, 2,028 members
- SnowbasinBUMPS 26 photos, 2 members
- Snowbasin ROCKS 0 photos, 1 member
- Foto di Sport - Sport 's Image 593 photos, 36 members
- Fotodiox Pro 6,957 photos, 818 members
- Flickr's FAV : 400 1,573 photos, 206 members
- # 444 views 4 favs (tasteful nudity allowed) 4,024 photos, 371 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 410,904 photos, 105,721 members
- Wedding Photography 251,602 photos, 51,235 members
- urinals 5,065 photos, 946 members
- plumb tired but feeling flush 1,266 photos, 339 members
- FloodSaxSAVE 19 photos, 2 members
- You see what I see... 59,650 photos, 718 members
- Altered States of Agoraphobia 3,147 photos, 442 members
- Fotodiox 1,128 photos, 125 members
- ~ O p h e l i a ~ 1,180 photos, 326 members
- Birdwatchers of the World 729 photos, 224 members
- Hibiscus wonder-Post 1 Award 3 LOOKING FOR MODERATOR 19,076 photos, 5,228 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 501,435 photos, 15,338 members
- interni&design 1,794 photos, 151 members
- The Models That We Shoot 241,377 photos, 7,729 members
- Project Weather 645,129 photos, 93,666 members
- Wing Tips 312 photos, 57 members
- Photopaddling 6,153 photos, 210 members
- Portrait Showroom 6,255 photos, 559 members
- portraits and faces. 1,541,837 photos, 81,872 members
- Getty Images and the Flickr Collection (closed) 128,144 photos, 3,435 members
- Utah's Best of the Best Photos 6,681 photos, 356 members
- Zombie Army 17,074 photos, 2,144 members
- Tango (People Dancing / Posing / Teaching Tango) 3,946 photos, 648 members
- NPR Look At This 160,518 photos, 6,327 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 405,902 photos, 29,103 members
- Adventure Dogs 3,190 photos, 144 members
- Abandoned 1,021,807 photos, 72,275 members
- Puppy Love 49,389 photos, 5,804 members
- UNFORGETTABLE FLOWERS (L1) [P1 - A3] (New - ID Thread) 166,137 photos, 7,854 members
- ♔Group wi†h Ҽxperience♔ 3,306,847 photos, 421,355 members
- Wireless 460 photos, 121 members
- quilts and quilting 65,830 photos, 5,217 members
- CARBON FOOTPRINT [Nature Photography] (NO PETS!!) 14,023 photos, 410 members
- Clydesdales 1,134 photos, 205 members
- TheFlashBus 617 photos, 804 members
- James McMurtry Photos 249 photos, 11 members
- Soul Massage 354 photos, 85 members
- Light Art Masterpiece (Admin Invite) 1,545 photos, 333 members
- Advanced Elements Kayaks 1,039 photos, 170 members
- Innova Kayak 37 photos, 17 members
"I have to thank the US-Army, that they once sent Steven Ford to Germany, to help to get the things in order there after World War II: so he could understand the situation of my hometown Wuppertal, could watch the long and difficult way towards democracy: and via those bridges of empathy I had interest enough to follow him into his country (he is a good leader with his bike and tent and boat and surfboard and ...); though we have e-mail connections to compare our lives (talking about how our children manage to grow into creative jobs) I am glad that there is the flickr pool, where I can SEE and compare the circumstances of his lifestyle (because it is not easy to understand each other stumbling through a foreign language...)"
October 6th, 2009
Wendell Summerville says:
"What I really like about Steve's work is its personality. Or rather his personality coming through in his work. Without ever actually meeting or speaking to to him, you can get to know him ... through his work. The sign of a real artist.
Go through his stream and here's what you'll learn:
1 - he's an excellent photographer
2 - he's friendly
3 - he's an explorer
4 - he likes dogs
5 - he likes people
6 - he likes what he sees (and wants to share it, thankfully)
7 - he's funny!
and 8 - he sports a cool hat!
May 10th, 2008
January 18th, 2008
Ibrahim Firaq says:
"cool ..... !! WOW just wow ! your all photo's are nice and wonderful ! i completely agree ! i voted steven ford as the most wonderful person of the flickr photographer ."
September 8th, 2007
"Color...it's the color!"
February 19th, 2007
"In her past life, she had been a coyote, prowling frozen hills in search of injured prey. All in all, she thought, investment banking was a more pleasant life. To the extent that it was different."
February 6th, 2007
"I always enjoy viewing Steven Ford's photostream...mainly for the wildlife and scenery. He gets around !!! Thank you for the wonderful ride :)"
February 17th, 2007
"I love the diversity of Steven's photography. Wildlife, architectural, portraits. Whatever it is, it never disappoints. His portraits are so intimate and he just paints with color. Best of all, views his shots is always a fun experience."
January 22nd, 2007
"Steven's photostream is one of the ones I know I will enjoy each time I visit it. Why? Because he doesn't just stick to one subject or method or framing or dof or whatever. There is always something new to look at and I end up saying, Damn, that's good. Whether it's Taz enjoying his yogurt with God's scenery peeking over his shoulder, or the fantastic opera shots to knock your socks off, or Eagles soaring high in the sky...there is something there for everyone.
Talent always shows...and Steven shows it all....
thanks, Steven...for the enjoyable photostream visits."
October 18th, 2006
Gail Orenstein says:
"Wow-I came here what a great surprise. After a few seconds on snowbasinsbumps photostream I thought about which pictures I wanted to point my photography studentn to wonderful case studies of action shots.
As I kept wondering around I found the ripples in the Sea and portraits with great character. I don't know which i like better, great stuff here. Snowbasinbumps work is like visiting the Tate Modern or the Met in New York, plenty of good stuff everywhere you look! Well done and well presented."
August 29th, 2006
- Steven Ford
- May 2006
- Odessa? no, no that would be Ogden, Utah.Have lived in MexicoCity,SanFranciso,LosAngeles,Dusseldorf,Koeln,Bochum,Herford,Essen,Lubbock and Dallas TX. Darien&Wilton, Connecticut.
- back again after many, many years., usa
- I am:
- Male and Taken