"You photograph with all your ideology, I don’t want anyone to appreciate the light or the palette of tones. I want my pictures to inform, to provoke discussion – and to raise money. " SEBASTIAO SALGADO
The DUDE ABIDES.......designer, enviromentalist , I'm an open book to you...full name and address, I've very little to hide. I look with a lens to the future, the past is past. very interested in music..OUR cameras....SINAR/BRON23/CaptureShop/Nikon700/FinePIXS3. Canon 40D and 5DMarkII, lotso Canon lenses love the 24 to 70mm best.... Did you know that Minor White Workshops checked all student's fancy-smancy cameras into a locker and then issued a polaroid ...with one shot a day-tomorrow critique, now that you have only One exposure, how do you frame it??...........Was it Hemmingway being shot (photographed) (insert Francis Macomber joke about "bring enough gun!" here) by Irving Penn.Hemmingway fancied himself quit a photographer, so he asked Penn "what kind of camera do you use?" ..Penn replied "what kind of typewriter does your best writting?" While we are on typewriters... William S. Burroughs said "Images. Millions of images. That's what I eat."- I could go there.
On "that" end i have a preference for pinhole cameras over Holgas and Lomo's and love the folks that still can run film through a Hawkeye or a Brownie.
A wise person once said "Better to light ONE SINGLE CANDLE than to curse the darkness"
..AND ALL THAT JAZZ
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
This website is worth
What is your website worth?
"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it "
-- Ansel Adams
Photos of Steven Ford / snowbasinbumps (7)
- Sunset's View Masters 13,693 photos, 1,824 members
- SnowbasinBUMPS 26 photos, 2 members
- Snowbasin ROCKS 0 photos, 1 member
- Foto di Sport - Sport 's Image 504 photos, 37 members
- Fotodiox Pro 3,230 photos, 539 members
- Flickr's FAV : 400 394 photos, 103 members
- # 444 views 4 favs (tasteful nudity allowed) 1,752 photos, 324 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 418,854 photos, 106,123 members
- Wedding Photography 236,532 photos, 48,544 members
- urinals 4,644 photos, 884 members
- plumb tired but feeling flush 1,254 photos, 326 members
- FloodSaxSAVE 19 photos, 2 members
- You see what I see... 29,414 photos, 526 members
- Altered States of Agoraphobia 3,166 photos, 406 members
- Fotodiox 534 photos, 108 members
- ~ O p h e l i a ~ 1,022 photos, 328 members
- Birdwatchers of the World 705 photos, 184 members
- Hibiscus wonder-Post 1 Award 3 LOOKING FOR MODERATOR 18,925 photos, 5,245 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 344,239 photos, 13,581 members
- interni&design 1,244 photos, 115 members
- The Models That We Shoot 199,853 photos, 6,898 members
- Project Weather 444,863 photos, 75,893 members
- Wing Tips 160 photos, 45 members
- Photopaddling 5,626 photos, 183 members
- Portrait Showroom 5,209 photos, 536 members
- portraits and faces. 1,151,632 photos, 65,535 members
- Getty Images and the Flickr Collection (closed) 111,406 photos, 3,104 members
- Utah's Best of the Best Photos 5,155 photos, 311 members
- Zombie Army 16,194 photos, 2,102 members
- Tango (People Dancing / Posing / Teaching Tango) 3,529 photos, 590 members
- NPR Look At This 148,824 photos, 6,149 members
- RUSTY and CRUSTY 371,057 photos, 28,238 members
- Adventure Dogs 2,706 photos, 131 members
- Abandoned 855,539 photos, 60,059 members
- Puppy Love 47,896 photos, 5,600 members
- UNFORGETTABLE FLOWERS ~P1/C3~ 147,838 photos, 7,728 members
- Group wi†h Ҽxperience 2,532,364 photos, 295,424 members
- Wireless 413 photos, 114 members
- quilts and quilting 63,609 photos, 5,111 members
- CARBON FOOTPRINT [Nature Photography] (NO PETS!!) 13,045 photos, 398 members
- Clydesdales 1,057 photos, 184 members
- TheFlashBus 616 photos, 815 members
- James McMurtry Photos 249 photos, 11 members
- Soul Massage 349 photos, 77 members
- Light Art Masterpiece (Admin Invite) 1,415 photos, 309 members
- Advanced Elements Kayaks 996 photos, 166 members
- Innova Kayak 37 photos, 17 members
- SEARCH THE BEST! (Post1~Award1) The Public Group 20,274 photos, 999 members
- flickr sports 32,795 photos, 2,266 members
- artland 740,166 photos, 35,177 members
"I have to thank the US-Army, that they once sent Steven Ford to Germany, to help to get the things in order there after World War II: so he could understand the situation of my hometown Wuppertal, could watch the long and difficult way towards democracy: and via those bridges of empathy I had interest enough to follow him into his country (he is a good leader with his bike and tent and boat and surfboard and ...); though we have e-mail connections to compare our lives (talking about how our children manage to grow into creative jobs) I am glad that there is the flickr pool, where I can SEE and compare the circumstances of his lifestyle (because it is not easy to understand each other stumbling through a foreign language...)"
October 6th, 2009
Wendell Summerville says:
"What I really like about Steve's work is its personality. Or rather his personality coming through in his work. Without ever actually meeting or speaking to to him, you can get to know him ... through his work. The sign of a real artist.
Go through his stream and here's what you'll learn:
1 - he's an excellent photographer
2 - he's friendly
3 - he's an explorer
4 - he likes dogs
5 - he likes people
6 - he likes what he sees (and wants to share it, thankfully)
7 - he's funny!
and 8 - he sports a cool hat!
May 10th, 2008
January 18th, 2008
Ibrahim Firaq says:
"cool ..... !! WOW just wow ! your all photo's are nice and wonderful ! i completely agree ! i voted steven ford as the most wonderful person of the flickr photographer ."
September 8th, 2007
"Color...it's the color!"
February 19th, 2007
"In her past life, she had been a coyote, prowling frozen hills in search of injured prey. All in all, she thought, investment banking was a more pleasant life. To the extent that it was different."
February 6th, 2007
"I always enjoy viewing Steven Ford's photostream...mainly for the wildlife and scenery. He gets around !!! Thank you for the wonderful ride :)"
February 17th, 2007
"I love the diversity of Steven's photography. Wildlife, architectural, portraits. Whatever it is, it never disappoints. His portraits are so intimate and he just paints with color. Best of all, views his shots is always a fun experience."
January 22nd, 2007
"Steven's photostream is one of the ones I know I will enjoy each time I visit it. Why? Because he doesn't just stick to one subject or method or framing or dof or whatever. There is always something new to look at and I end up saying, Damn, that's good. Whether it's Taz enjoying his yogurt with God's scenery peeking over his shoulder, or the fantastic opera shots to knock your socks off, or Eagles soaring high in the sky...there is something there for everyone.
Talent always shows...and Steven shows it all....
thanks, Steven...for the enjoyable photostream visits."
October 18th, 2006
Gail Orenstein says:
"Wow-I came here what a great surprise. After a few seconds on snowbasinsbumps photostream I thought about which pictures I wanted to point my photography studentn to wonderful case studies of action shots.
As I kept wondering around I found the ripples in the Sea and portraits with great character. I don't know which i like better, great stuff here. Snowbasinbumps work is like visiting the Tate Modern or the Met in New York, plenty of good stuff everywhere you look! Well done and well presented."
August 29th, 2006
- Steven Ford
- May 2006
- Odessa? no, no that would be Ogden, Utah.Have lived in MexicoCity,SanFranciso,LosAngeles,Dusseldorf,Koeln,Bochum,Herford,Essen,Lubbock and Dallas TX. Darien&Wilton, Connecticut.
- back again after many, many years., usa
- I am:
- Male and Taken