My family and my faith taught me that we must fight for people who don't have a voice. Fight for good jobs, fight for seniors, fight for good health care, fight for a better day for all.
This campaign is about each of us taking responsibility for our country's future -- and ensuring America’s greatness in the 21st century.
It is a campaign not just about what we can do in the White House -- but what we can do on the way.
Photos of John Edwards 2008 (1)
John Edwards 2008's favorite photos from other Flickr members (8)
- 100 Club Dinnner 22 photos, 2 members
- YearlyKos 2007 Photo 1,344 photos, 36 members
- Summer of Action 72 photos, 21 members
- OneCorps National Days of Action 47 photos, 2 members
- Worth Getting Up Early For 3,443 photos, 482 members
- The Democratic Party 1,982 photos, 467 members
- Recovering: Yes we will 2,310 photos, 232 members
- Liberal 2,686 photos, 149 members
- Politics on FLICKR with Free Speech 21,339 photos, 1,758 members
- New Orleans: After Katrina and the Great Flood 3,874 photos, 357 members
- Immigration Nation 3,402 photos, 378 members
- Crisis in Africa 737 photos, 61 members
- the human condition 119,938 photos, 3,789 members
- Human Rights 12,388 photos, 1,294 members
- Poverty 8,379 photos, 1,002 members
- MakePovertyHistory 578 photos, 66 members
- Democrats 3,379 photos, 398 members
- elizabethedwards 27 photos, 20 members
- johnedwards 314 photos, 90 members
- springbreakinneworleans 75 photos, 2 members
- oneamericanow 0 photos, 3 members
- One America 58 photos, 23 members
"I'm looking forward to hearing more about your positions - the American people appear to need some real messages, some real debate. I have always thought you were a good guy. Stay that way, if you would. As Gore to global warming, you are to issues of fairness. For myself, I would like to hear more about your ideas on international issues as well.
Incidentally, don't you think that the telecommunications network should have to carry more that the usual number of debates so that some of the issues really facing America can be discussed openly? After all, it is my understanding that the "airwaves" belong to everyone. The current administration is trying to cut funding for even the tiny of piece of it that calls itself public television, but I think that national debates should not be funded by campaign funds. That should be a service granted - gratis - by the media networks. And it sure would be nice if they loosened up on some of the rules of the regular debates. There could be a better format.
In smaller matters, I'm glad you kept the bloggers - but.... I'd rethink the favorite actor / director choice on this page.
A grin and a handshake -"
February 10th, 2007
frocken moone says:
"I'd like to call you Mr. President someday - maybe you should've been the top of the ticket last time. You're not afraid to pick a principled fight and stand up for what you believe in, and I really respect that. It's called courage - and it's what America needs in our leadership."
October 30th, 2006
- John Edwards
- December 2005
- Seneca, SC
- Director of the Center on Poverty, Work & Opportunity
- John Edwards for President