"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
I t ’ s . h a r d . t o . s a y how everything’s got started. I find photography both as incredible as unexpected acquisition to the creativeness I tried to express during my existence using music in my youth, writing in my teenager years, enriched by software development, molecular cuisine, chess (…) and a nervous and sometimes turbulent search for knowledge I can only explain with the superficial words used just above.
I . d i v e d . d e e p l y . i n t o this discipline which has already begun to reach a very broad crowd like never before thanks to all the advances in the miniaturization field and the information technology.
Since I’ve started shooting around one year ago it's fascinating reading about the old generation photographer discussions on an era when doing photography was expensive and unamusingly elaborate in practice. I consider the coming of the CMOSs (or CCDs) as a benefic form of energy that actually revitalized this contemporary art form, making it common accessory of the everyday living. I believe we’re lucky to be part of this revolutionary period, although upsetting from time to time still I reckon being a necessary transition.
I . h a p p e n . t o . a g r e e with Kirkland when he states you can be as good as your camera will be at any given day. The theoretical erudition can’t overcome equipment limits; albeit vision and spark may be able to come up with something even when encountering extreme unfavorable circumstances. Always reminding myself that you don't take a photo, you make it.
M y . e x p o s u r e s . m i r r o r exactly my eclectic personality drowning in my indefinite and indecisive, ever-changeable, hesitant, but ultimately resolute persona. Never use the same techniques as I ambitiously try to learn them all. No fixed subjects of sorts, I thirstily observe the details surrounding me and the camera does the rest.
I . l i k e . t h i n k i n g it might well be the time of rawness immaturity while waiting for a direction to appear before my eyes, or they could be the reasons why I can’t keep my interest up for a prolong amount of time on almost nothing. Always decentralized and refocused. Friends would have me say it’s because I don’t finish what I start.
D u r i n g . m y . s t u d i e s . two words made an indelible impression on my memory, guiding my hands both, ever since: - Reduce and simplify -.
I n . t h e . a c t . o f . s c r u t i n i z e my life as it could hang on a wall, I see two sides indeed. One paints the first twenty-six years growing up in some suburbs of a small Italian town and in the countryside of the Emilia-Romagna flatland, the other showing the unique and mesmerizing years in New York City, up to my marriage back in Italy and shortly before I moved to Japan for good.
A . l o t . c h a n g e d . a r o u n d me, from the typical Italian Sundays when the churches’ bells outside your window are the wake-up call, to when your fingers gently break fresh hand-made bread sitting at large wooden tables, yet now I live at 1/100 of a second and I can capture it mutating.
"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
— William James"
The photos on my photostream are to be considered as examples shaped for a website format. Filtering, textures, framing, titles and image texts can be varied on demand.
Large printable sizes are available. For more information send me an email.
All the material is ALL RIGHTS RESERVED to FABIO MANDRIOLI. Any reproductions or modifications in any forms is considered a copyright violation so punishable to the full extent of the law.
October, 20th - You're Thespian
You're virtual roller coaster of emotions, and most people enjoy the ride.
Your mood tends to set the tone of the room, and when you're happy, this is a good thing.
When you get in a dark mood, watch out - it's very hard to get you out of it.
It's sometimes hard for you to cheer up, and your gloom can be contagious.
Your strength: Your warm heart
Your weakness: Trouble controlling your emotions
Your power color: Black
Your power symbol: Musical note
Your power month: February
Your Personality is the Rarest (INFJ)
Your personality type is introspective, principled, self critical, and sensitive.
Only about 2% of all people have your personality - including 3% of all women and around 1% of all men.
You are Introverted, Intuitive and a bit of a loner, but you're never lonely. You know how to entertain yourself.
Whether you're trying an extreme sport or a new weird food, you always live on the edge.
The purpose of your life: testing limits - both physical and mental... and then telling people about it.
----|||-- -|||---profile if
----|||-- -|||---you know
-----\\\///-----who is living with, survived
------///\-----or has passed away from
-----BEGIN PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)
-----END PGP PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 93,931 photos, 9,756 members
- silhouette 394,181 photos, 64,681 members
- NATURE'S PRIME (P1/A4) 523,352 photos, 21,543 members
- Spectacular Elite (People Portraits) 17,201 photos, 1,807 members
- Stunning Shots (NO PORTRAITS) - CLOSED 15,028 photos, 1,738 members
- Ronnie & Denise's Place--Moderated 8,390 photos, 1,130 members
- Matte Painting 1,874 photos, 617 members
- Banksy 23,095 photos, 21,107 members
- Flickr Duel - MONO 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 3,068 photos, 415 members
- Flickr Duel - COLOUR 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 9,965 photos, 497 members
- Citizen Science: Great Blue Heron (please read the rules) 13,862 photos, 1,643 members
- Cooliris | Endless Discovery 26,439 photos, 3,659 members
- 美和藝術 Beauty and Art 505,868 photos, 14,255 members
- 日本の自然 / Japanese Nature 50,752 photos, 1,533 members
- ✢~ Legacy Gallery ~✢ by ADMIN Invite Only, cmt 1 23,123 photos, 2,733 members
- Best of Cats (Your BEST Photos only) 64,436 photos, 19,552 members
- BLACKartWHITE 136,686 photos, 8,784 members
- ☆ My Artistic Creations ☆ 9,640 photos, 743 members
- The Authors' club 10,917 photos, 70 members
- French-Français 1,257,791 photos, 20,035 members
- ! Images for the Little Prince 45,758 photos, 3,372 members
- EXPRESS YOURSELF ✲ rules changed: NO 2end LIFE! - 71,530 photos, 4,254 members
- - : FOTOGRAFI ITALIANI : - 323,100 photos, 5,807 members
- .Super A+++ Photo group (Post 1, Award 2)-by Invitation Only 35,900 photos, 7,186 members
- Black Diamond Premier-Invited B&W Images Only (Post 1/Award 3) 3,999 photos, 960 members
- "Platinum&Gold Double Dragon Awards"Admin Invite Only 34,899 photos, 7,145 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 398,866 photos, 103,177 members
- !Afterclass! 14,804 photos, 2,480 members
- JAPAN-IN-BW (Black-and-White) 57,183 photos, 1,809 members
- BLACK & WHITE PHOTOS (P1/A2) 522,403 photos, 22,626 members
- *LEVEL-2 :Platinum Peace Award* P 1 / A 5 125,735 photos, 9,966 members
- FINE ART GALLERY ~ P1-C1 83,981 photos, 4,462 members
- **HARMONY**GALLERY(ADMIN INVITE ONLY) - P1 & C3 5,122 photos, 1,242 members
- MINIMAL black&white 90,734 photos, 11,281 members
- Photographer Paradise(Post 1/Award 5 ) 271,828 photos, 14,946 members
- Nature Through The Lens / Invited Photos Only. 21,517 photos, 2,374 members
- The DaVinci Touch - Extraordinary Photos 15,200 photos, 1,225 members
- ~ Platinum Photography Group ~ 330,371 photos, 33,158 members
- Colour Art Awards -=Post 1, Award 3=- (Colours ONLY) 465,194 photos, 27,231 members
- The Golden Gallery (Admin-Invited Only) 57,086 photos, 4,419 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - The ORIGINAL - See News! 49,244 photos, 4,604 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,812,352 photos, 28,686 members
- ! !Photographers Gone Wild! (Level 1) (P1:FAV/A3) 657,109 photos, 38,784 members
- Shield Of Excellence 550,042 photos, 40,746 members
- Dogs! Dogs! Dogs! 1,089,374 photos, 130,091 members
- FlickrCentral 9,326,220 photos, 284,592 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,249,513 photos, 77,101 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Minimalism *OPEN* 4,566,286 photos, 122,487 members
- Lonely Planet Photo Challenges 167,449 photos, 16,262 members
- Dragon Gold Award " The Best Of Flickr " 786,283 photos, 26,381 members
Fabio Mandrioli © Photography doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- April 2009
- I am:
- Male and Taken