I Live in the north west of the UK and take photographs of what I see, mainly on my weekend travels.
I try not to go too far into the unattractive, macho posturing of techno-speak when I am involved in photography but I am not techno-phobic either and like to explore, a little, the techniques and ideas used by fellow photographers. Taking photos is an enjoyable hobby for me so I try to avoid it becoming a chore of in depth study. (In the words of Bart Simpson: "Wait a minute, this game is educational" :throws controller)
I choose quite carefully the photos I put on-line. I tend to delete those that do not get a certain number of views within a month, to keep up quality.
I have a Fuji film S5700 and a Nikon D80 I have enjoyed using them both to provide a new quality in the pictures I am able to take. I really appreciate the added choices and the zoom lens over my previous Kodak point and shoot.
When I join groups it is usually those without too many rules
I have now reached:
- 48,386 views of my photostream.
-59,261 views of my galleries
-1,000,620 all time view counts.Over a million -hooray!
-74,426 was the highest number of view counts I received in one day (29/9/11)
I choose my contacts because I like their pictures, their style, their insight into a subject or because I appreciate what they have shared about a piece of their world which is special to them.
Here is a quote which reflects on my philosophy on the competitive world we have created for ourselves:
"Competition is a divisive but useful and sometimes necessary tool to ignite action amongst those who are motivated by greed and self interest. The rest of us can recognise that the contribution which we make in the world can benefit everyone".
Want to use a photo?
I love to see my photos in different places, it's great fun trying to spot where they are, so feel free to ask if you want to use one of my photos, the chances are I will say yes. I have a few out there already, on wikipedia and a school website and even on a prospectus. Getting people to let me know if they are using a photo makes it easier for me to find where they are too.
Please use the photos as your desktop wallpaper if you wish. You do not need to ask me about this, just leave a kind comment .
- "NAPOLI NOBILISSIMA" 24,016 photos, 970 members
- MONUMENT 48,906 photos, 2,407 members
- Geocaching 20,890 photos, 2,130 members
- The 1400s (The 15th Century) 2,112 photos, 79 members
- Project Weather 640,374 photos, 94,117 members
- Plants, Stones & Nature Landscapes 67,297 photos, 1,762 members
- Scottish Mountains 27,993 photos, 1,458 members
- Black Cat / Gat negre 119,077 photos, 2,474 members
- Wallpaper and Backgrounds 47,427 photos, 5,339 members
- Red doors 2,338 photos, 506 members
- Flickr House!! 31,077 photos, 688 members
- Murder Shack 8,144 photos, 1,207 members
- Avant-Garden 22,309 photos, 2,342 members
- artland 1,079,206 photos, 41,649 members
- Plants in Context 5,806 photos, 146 members
- 50 000 views 1,082 photos, 458 members
- 70000 Views 77 photos, 79 members
- 40 000 views 1,293 photos, 449 members
- Your Creations. Come to life 5,649 photos, 252 members
- Island Photography 102,049 photos, 5,845 members
- Rockforms 12,731 photos, 1,861 members
- Favorites: 60 50,904 photos, 4,838 members
- Historic Scotland 4,014 photos, 623 members
- The Light Fantastic 1,897,504 photos, 66,105 members
- Living Life Through A Lens 170,828 photos, 3,143 members
- Ravall - The group of everything photography 174 photos, 9 members
- Around the World Landscapes 25,371 photos, 8,034 members
- Landscape photography 1,735,137 photos, 77,796 members
- Weather Worldwide 65,527 photos, 2,839 members
- UK Countryside 11,657 photos, 336 members
- A Place to find Peace 37,676 photos, 1,730 members
- River Bridges in the UK. 4,381 photos, 278 members
- ***FOTOGRAFIA EMOCION ♥ EMOTIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY*** 189,629 photos, 2,541 members
- Storybook Homes and Gardens 2,016 photos, 88 members
- CASTILLOS DE ENSUEÑO 9,340 photos, 951 members
- Burgen, Schlösser und Ruinen (castles) 89,388 photos, 2,753 members
- Castles from the world. 68,641 photos, 5,008 members
- Castles - Castillos 90,287 photos, 10,527 members
- Lakescapes - landscape shots of lakes 12,539 photos, 620 members
- Favorites: 45 35,050 photos, 3,826 members
- Whatever the weather 944,855 photos, 51,188 members
- Sky Above 63,452 photos, 4,255 members
- Europe ! Europa ! 965,414 photos, 11,714 members
- Perspective 48,368 photos, 6,213 members
- I Love Trains 642,793 photos, 17,001 members
- Everything Water Water Water 36,034 photos, 1,475 members
- I WILL SHOW YOU MY PHOTOS! THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD FEEL! 37,863 photos, 557 members
- NATURAL BEAUTY PHOTOS 146,911 photos, 2,345 members
- Celebrating English Gardens 11,181 photos, 1,609 members
- NATURE'S BEST 1,350,621 photos, 28,914 members
floato doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- August 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken