I Live in the north west of the UK and take photographs of what I see, mainly on my weekend travels.
I try not to go too far into the unattractive, macho posturing of techno-speak when I am involved in photography but I am not techno-phobic either and like to explore, a little, the techniques and ideas used by fellow photographers. Taking photos is an enjoyable hobby for me so I try to avoid it becoming a chore of in depth study. (In the words of Bart Simpson: "Wait a minute, this game is educational" :throws controller)
I choose quite carefully the photos I put on-line. I tend to delete those that do not get a certain number of views within a month, to keep up quality.
I have a Fuji film S5700 and a Nikon D80 I have enjoyed using them both to provide a new quality in the pictures I am able to take. I really appreciate the added choices and the zoom lens over my previous Kodak point and shoot.
When I join groups it is usually those without too many rules
I have now reached:
- 48,386 views of my photostream.
-59,261 views of my galleries
-1,000,620 all time view counts.Over a million -hooray!
-74,426 was the highest number of view counts I received in one day (29/9/11)
I choose my contacts because I like their pictures, their style, their insight into a subject or because I appreciate what they have shared about a piece of their world which is special to them.
Here is a quote which reflects on my philosophy on the competitive world we have created for ourselves:
"Competition is a divisive but useful and sometimes necessary tool to ignite action amongst those who are motivated by greed and self interest. The rest of us can recognise that the contribution which we make in the world can benefit everyone".
Want to use a photo?
I love to see my photos in different places, it's great fun trying to spot where they are, so feel free to ask if you want to use one of my photos, the chances are I will say yes. I have a few out there already, on wikipedia and a school website and even on a prospectus. Getting people to let me know if they are using a photo makes it easier for me to find where they are too.
Please use the photos as your desktop wallpaper if you wish. You do not need to ask me about this, just leave a kind comment .
- "NAPOLI NOBILISSIMA" 21,787 photos, 929 members
- MONUMENT 39,605 photos, 2,398 members
- Geocaching 20,135 photos, 2,125 members
- The 1400s (The 15th Century) 1,898 photos, 75 members
- Project Weather 645,110 photos, 93,687 members
- Plants, Stones & Nature Landscapes 56,434 photos, 1,651 members
- Scottish Mountains 26,426 photos, 1,410 members
- Black Cat / Gat negre 113,821 photos, 2,499 members
- Wallpaper and Backgrounds 45,968 photos, 5,291 members
- Red doors 2,300 photos, 511 members
- Flickr House!! 25,863 photos, 643 members
- Murder Shack 8,164 photos, 1,212 members
- Avant-Garden 22,390 photos, 2,357 members
- artland 979,519 photos, 40,281 members
- Plants in Context 5,764 photos, 144 members
- 50 000 views 815 photos, 403 members
- 70000 Views 58 photos, 71 members
- 40 000 views 974 photos, 403 members
- Your Creations. Come to life 5,446 photos, 250 members
- Island Photography 96,557 photos, 5,671 members
- Rockforms 11,986 photos, 1,773 members
- Favorites: 60 38,104 photos, 4,302 members
- Historic Scotland 4,032 photos, 620 members
- The Light Fantastic 1,660,898 photos, 62,119 members
- Living Life Through A Lens 163,410 photos, 3,139 members
- Ravall - The group of everything photography 174 photos, 9 members
- Around the World Landscapes 25,578 photos, 8,029 members
- Landscape photography 1,454,014 photos, 69,327 members
- Weather Worldwide 57,936 photos, 2,644 members
- UK Countryside 9,171 photos, 295 members
- A Place to find Peace 35,198 photos, 1,698 members
- River Bridges in the UK. 4,213 photos, 268 members
- ***FOTOGRAFIA EMOCION ♥ EMOTIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY*** 178,042 photos, 2,461 members
- Storybook Homes and Gardens 1,890 photos, 86 members
- CASTILLOS DE ENSUEÑO 8,881 photos, 939 members
- Burgen, Schlösser und Ruinen (castles) 82,617 photos, 2,685 members
- Castles from the world. 65,111 photos, 4,892 members
- Castles - Castillos 84,649 photos, 10,252 members
- Lakescapes - landscape shots of lakes 11,970 photos, 613 members
- Favorites: 45 25,543 photos, 3,419 members
- Whatever the weather 818,748 photos, 47,575 members
- Sky Above [THEME: photos with sky (please read rules)] 58,486 photos, 4,091 members
- Europe ! Europa ! 821,313 photos, 10,740 members
- Perspective 48,877 photos, 5,204 members
- I Love Trains 580,524 photos, 16,632 members
- Everything Water Water Water 32,265 photos, 1,409 members
- I WILL SHOW YOU MY PHOTOS! THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD FEEL! 32,756 photos, 551 members
- NATURAL BEAUTY PHOTOS 124,570 photos, 2,205 members
- Celebrating English Gardens 11,735 photos, 1,605 members
- NATURE'S BEST 1,239,250 photos, 27,839 members
floato doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- August 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken