I Live in the north west of the UK and take photographs of what I see, mainly on my weekend travels.
I try not to go too far into the unattractive, macho posturing of techno-speak when I am involved in photography but I am not techno-phobic either and like to explore, a little, the techniques and ideas used by fellow photographers. Taking photos is an enjoyable hobby for me so I try to avoid it becoming a chore of in depth study. (In the words of Bart Simpson: "Wait a minute, this game is educational" :throws controller)
I choose quite carefully the photos I put on-line. I tend to delete those that do not get a certain number of views within a month, to keep up quality.
I have a Fuji film S5700 and a Nikon D80 I have enjoyed using them both to provide a new quality in the pictures I am able to take. I really appreciate the added choices and the zoom lens over my previous Kodak point and shoot.
When I join groups it is usually those without too many rules
I have now reached:
- 48,386 views of my photostream.
-59,261 views of my galleries
-1,000,620 all time view counts.Over a million -hooray!
-74,426 was the highest number of view counts I received in one day (29/9/11)
I choose my contacts because I like their pictures, their style, their insight into a subject or because I appreciate what they have shared about a piece of their world which is special to them.
Here is a quote which reflects on my philosophy on the competitive world we have created for ourselves:
"Competition is a divisive but useful and sometimes necessary tool to ignite action amongst those who are motivated by greed and self interest. The rest of us can recognise that the contribution which we make in the world can benefit everyone".
Want to use a photo?
I love to see my photos in different places, it's great fun trying to spot where they are, so feel free to ask if you want to use one of my photos, the chances are I will say yes. I have a few out there already, on wikipedia and a school website and even on a prospectus. Getting people to let me know if they are using a photo makes it easier for me to find where they are too.
Please use the photos as your desktop wallpaper if you wish. You do not need to ask me about this, just leave a kind comment .
- "NAPOLI NOBILISSIMA" 22,942 photos, 961 members
- MONUMENT 45,373 photos, 2,401 members
- Geocaching 20,200 photos, 2,133 members
- The 1400s (The 15th Century) 2,058 photos, 78 members
- Project Weather 641,788 photos, 94,033 members
- Plants, Stones & Nature Landscapes 62,934 photos, 1,723 members
- Scottish Mountains 27,384 photos, 1,438 members
- Black Cat / Gat negre 116,734 photos, 2,481 members
- Wallpaper and Backgrounds 46,812 photos, 5,331 members
- Red doors 2,330 photos, 508 members
- Flickr House!! 28,977 photos, 670 members
- Murder Shack 8,147 photos, 1,209 members
- Avant-Garden 22,347 photos, 2,351 members
- artland 1,041,236 photos, 41,010 members
- Plants in Context 5,774 photos, 146 members
- 50 000 views 914 photos, 428 members
- 70000 Views 72 photos, 76 members
- 40 000 views 1,125 photos, 429 members
- Your Creations. Come to life 5,803 photos, 251 members
- Island Photography 99,904 photos, 5,783 members
- Rockforms 12,314 photos, 1,823 members
- Favorites: 60 45,877 photos, 4,609 members
- Historic Scotland 4,014 photos, 622 members
- The Light Fantastic 1,805,318 photos, 64,466 members
- Living Life Through A Lens 168,267 photos, 3,143 members
- Ravall - The group of everything photography 174 photos, 9 members
- Around the World Landscapes 25,465 photos, 8,034 members
- Landscape photography 1,628,172 photos, 74,367 members
- Weather Worldwide 61,966 photos, 2,759 members
- UK Countryside 10,757 photos, 322 members
- A Place to find Peace 36,755 photos, 1,728 members
- River Bridges in the UK. 4,316 photos, 277 members
- ***FOTOGRAFIA EMOCION ♥ EMOTIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY*** 183,805 photos, 2,508 members
- Storybook Homes and Gardens 1,992 photos, 87 members
- CASTILLOS DE ENSUEÑO 9,083 photos, 952 members
- Burgen, Schlösser und Ruinen (castles) 87,588 photos, 2,737 members
- Castles from the world. 67,380 photos, 4,967 members
- Castles - Castillos 88,136 photos, 10,435 members
- Lakescapes - landscape shots of lakes 12,362 photos, 617 members
- Favorites: 45 31,052 photos, 3,660 members
- Whatever the weather 896,112 photos, 50,085 members
- Sky Above [No Moon] 61,732 photos, 4,194 members
- Europe ! Europa ! 911,380 photos, 11,335 members
- Perspective 48,519 photos, 5,817 members
- I Love Trains 619,587 photos, 16,861 members
- Everything Water Water Water 34,518 photos, 1,451 members
- I WILL SHOW YOU MY PHOTOS! THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD FEEL! 33,956 photos, 555 members
- NATURAL BEAUTY PHOTOS 138,867 photos, 2,293 members
- Celebrating English Gardens 11,470 photos, 1,607 members
- NATURE'S BEST 1,307,436 photos, 28,504 members
floato doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- August 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken