I Live in the north west of the UK and take photographs of what I see, mainly on my weekend travels.
I try not to go too far into the unattractive, macho posturing of techno-speak when I am involved in photography but I am not techno-phobic either and like to explore, a little, the techniques and ideas used by fellow photographers. Taking photos is an enjoyable hobby for me so I try to avoid it becoming a chore of in depth study. (In the words of Bart Simpson: "Wait a minute, this game is educational" :throws controller)
I choose quite carefully the photos I put on-line. I tend to delete those that do not get a certain number of views within a month, to keep up quality.
I have a Fuji film S5700 and a Nikon D80 I have enjoyed using them both to provide a new quality in the pictures I am able to take. I really appreciate the added choices and the zoom lens over my previous Kodak point and shoot.
When I join groups it is usually those without too many rules
I have now reached:
- 48,386 views of my photostream.
-59,261 views of my galleries
-1,000,620 all time view counts.Over a million -hooray!
-74,426 was the highest number of view counts I received in one day (29/9/11)
I choose my contacts because I like their pictures, their style, their insight into a subject or because I appreciate what they have shared about a piece of their world which is special to them.
Here is a quote which reflects on my philosophy on the competitive world we have created for ourselves:
"Competition is a divisive but useful and sometimes necessary tool to ignite action amongst those who are motivated by greed and self interest. The rest of us can recognise that the contribution which we make in the world can benefit everyone".
Want to use a photo?
I love to see my photos in different places, it's great fun trying to spot where they are, so feel free to ask if you want to use one of my photos, the chances are I will say yes. I have a few out there already, on wikipedia and a school website and even on a prospectus. Getting people to let me know if they are using a photo makes it easier for me to find where they are too.
Please use the photos as your desktop wallpaper if you wish. You do not need to ask me about this, just leave a kind comment .
- "NAPOLI NOBILISSIMA" 22,541 photos, 956 members
- MONUMENT 43,852 photos, 2,407 members
- Geocaching 20,176 photos, 2,133 members
- The 1400s (The 15th Century) 2,037 photos, 77 members
- Project Weather 642,405 photos, 93,965 members
- Plants, Stones & Nature Landscapes 60,885 photos, 1,697 members
- Scottish Mountains 27,057 photos, 1,429 members
- Black Cat / Gat negre 115,540 photos, 2,489 members
- Wallpaper and Backgrounds 46,588 photos, 5,315 members
- Red doors 2,322 photos, 510 members
- Flickr House!! 27,912 photos, 665 members
- Murder Shack 8,147 photos, 1,210 members
- Avant-Garden 22,357 photos, 2,353 members
- artland 1,024,551 photos, 40,761 members
- Plants in Context 5,785 photos, 146 members
- 50 000 views 871 photos, 418 members
- 70000 Views 73 photos, 77 members
- 40 000 views 1,090 photos, 422 members
- Your Creations. Come to life 5,725 photos, 250 members
- Island Photography 99,063 photos, 5,753 members
- Rockforms 12,205 photos, 1,811 members
- Favorites: 60 43,250 photos, 4,511 members
- Historic Scotland 4,018 photos, 621 members
- The Light Fantastic 1,762,995 photos, 63,666 members
- Living Life Through A Lens 166,949 photos, 3,145 members
- Ravall - The group of everything photography 174 photos, 9 members
- Around the World Landscapes 25,479 photos, 8,035 members
- Landscape photography 1,576,087 photos, 72,767 members
- Weather Worldwide 60,680 photos, 2,730 members
- UK Countryside 10,241 photos, 317 members
- A Place to find Peace 36,212 photos, 1,720 members
- River Bridges in the UK. 4,293 photos, 272 members
- ***FOTOGRAFIA EMOCION ♥ EMOTIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY*** 180,995 photos, 2,489 members
- Storybook Homes and Gardens 1,967 photos, 86 members
- CASTILLOS DE ENSUEÑO 8,987 photos, 947 members
- Burgen, Schlösser und Ruinen (castles) 86,604 photos, 2,719 members
- Castles from the world. 66,702 photos, 4,941 members
- Castles - Castillos 87,036 photos, 10,381 members
- Lakescapes - landscape shots of lakes 12,207 photos, 617 members
- Favorites: 45 29,222 photos, 3,589 members
- Whatever the weather 874,395 photos, 49,705 members
- Sky Above [THEME: photos with sky (please read rules)] 60,943 photos, 4,169 members
- Europe ! Europa ! 885,700 photos, 11,169 members
- Perspective 48,651 photos, 5,575 members
- I Love Trains 608,449 photos, 16,807 members
- Everything Water Water Water 33,788 photos, 1,443 members
- I WILL SHOW YOU MY PHOTOS! THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD FEEL! 33,663 photos, 555 members
- NATURAL BEAUTY PHOTOS 134,802 photos, 2,261 members
- Celebrating English Gardens 11,553 photos, 1,606 members
- NATURE'S BEST 1,286,759 photos, 28,306 members
floato doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- August 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken