I Live in the north west of the UK and take photographs of what I see, mainly on my weekend travels.
I try not to go too far into the unattractive, macho posturing of techno-speak when I am involved in photography but I am not techno-phobic either and like to explore, a little, the techniques and ideas used by fellow photographers. Taking photos is an enjoyable hobby for me so I try to avoid it becoming a chore of in depth study. (In the words of Bart Simpson: "Wait a minute, this game is educational" :throws controller)
I choose quite carefully the photos I put on-line. I tend to delete those that do not get a certain number of views within a month, to keep up quality.
I have a Fuji film S5700 and a Nikon D80 I have enjoyed using them both to provide a new quality in the pictures I am able to take. I really appreciate the added choices and the zoom lens over my previous Kodak point and shoot.
When I join groups it is usually those without too many rules
I have now reached:
- 48,386 views of my photostream.
-59,261 views of my galleries
-1,000,620 all time view counts.Over a million -hooray!
-74,426 was the highest number of view counts I received in one day (29/9/11)
I choose my contacts because I like their pictures, their style, their insight into a subject or because I appreciate what they have shared about a piece of their world which is special to them.
Here is a quote which reflects on my philosophy on the competitive world we have created for ourselves:
"Competition is a divisive but useful and sometimes necessary tool to ignite action amongst those who are motivated by greed and self interest. The rest of us can recognise that the contribution which we make in the world can benefit everyone".
Want to use a photo?
I love to see my photos in different places, it's great fun trying to spot where they are, so feel free to ask if you want to use one of my photos, the chances are I will say yes. I have a few out there already, on wikipedia and a school website and even on a prospectus. Getting people to let me know if they are using a photo makes it easier for me to find where they are too.
Please use the photos as your desktop wallpaper if you wish. You do not need to ask me about this, just leave a kind comment .
- "NAPOLI NOBILISSIMA" 21,799 photos, 934 members
- MONUMENT 40,990 photos, 2,399 members
- Geocaching 20,151 photos, 2,129 members
- The 1400s (The 15th Century) 1,952 photos, 77 members
- Project Weather 644,346 photos, 93,832 members
- Plants, Stones & Nature Landscapes 57,985 photos, 1,666 members
- Scottish Mountains 26,587 photos, 1,413 members
- Black Cat / Gat negre 115,481 photos, 2,495 members
- Wallpaper and Backgrounds 46,191 photos, 5,305 members
- Red doors 2,310 photos, 511 members
- Flickr House!! 26,391 photos, 652 members
- Murder Shack 8,162 photos, 1,213 members
- Avant-Garden 22,374 photos, 2,358 members
- artland 993,278 photos, 40,492 members
- Plants in Context 5,765 photos, 145 members
- 50 000 views 829 photos, 402 members
- 70000 Views 64 photos, 72 members
- 40 000 views 993 photos, 407 members
- Your Creations. Come to life 5,560 photos, 250 members
- Island Photography 97,457 photos, 5,703 members
- Rockforms 12,014 photos, 1,785 members
- Favorites: 60 39,599 photos, 4,366 members
- Historic Scotland 4,021 photos, 623 members
- The Light Fantastic 1,693,519 photos, 62,638 members
- Living Life Through A Lens 164,566 photos, 3,137 members
- Ravall - The group of everything photography 174 photos, 9 members
- Around the World Landscapes 25,545 photos, 8,030 members
- Landscape photography 1,492,626 photos, 70,610 members
- Weather Worldwide 58,772 photos, 2,673 members
- UK Countryside 9,568 photos, 306 members
- A Place to find Peace 35,616 photos, 1,700 members
- River Bridges in the UK. 4,237 photos, 270 members
- ***FOTOGRAFIA EMOCION ♥ EMOTIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY*** 179,995 photos, 2,468 members
- Storybook Homes and Gardens 1,926 photos, 86 members
- CASTILLOS DE ENSUEÑO 8,845 photos, 944 members
- Burgen, Schlösser und Ruinen (castles) 83,413 photos, 2,697 members
- Castles from the world. 65,502 photos, 4,906 members
- Castles - Castillos 85,193 photos, 10,300 members
- Lakescapes - landscape shots of lakes 12,013 photos, 615 members
- Favorites: 45 26,526 photos, 3,471 members
- Whatever the weather 836,109 photos, 48,119 members
- Sky Above [THEME: photos with sky (please read rules)] 59,381 photos, 4,120 members
- Europe ! Europa ! 841,563 photos, 10,893 members
- Perspective 48,795 photos, 5,223 members
- I Love Trains 589,285 photos, 16,688 members
- Everything Water Water Water 32,832 photos, 1,422 members
- I WILL SHOW YOU MY PHOTOS! THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD FEEL! 32,956 photos, 552 members
- NATURAL BEAUTY PHOTOS 127,903 photos, 2,229 members
- Celebrating English Gardens 11,746 photos, 1,604 members
- NATURE'S BEST 1,253,794 photos, 27,975 members
floato doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- August 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken