Just getting into the hobby of photography. I am a complete newbie at this but am honestly enjoying every minute of it. In fact, it's becoming quite the addiction but I digress :)
This is my form of stress relief.
Canon 5D Mark II
Carls Zeiss 21mm F2.8 Distagon ZE
Canon 35mm F1.4L
Sigma 85mm F1.4
Note: Sorry if I end up blocking you. It will only happen for a few reasons, one of which is if you do not have any pictures to share and you are favoriting or adding me as a contact. This is especially the case if you do not have an avatar but just have the default one next to your name.
- National Geographic Photojournalism 52,667 photos, 1,592 members
- National Geographic | World Wide 492,236 photos, 18,433 members
- National Geographic Group 402,874 photos, 16,945 members
- Official National Geographic Group 854,558 photos, 22,883 members
- National Geographic Wild Life 196,327 photos, 6,691 members
- JAPAN [directory] 日本 815,643 photos, 16,636 members
- Japan Through the Eyes of Others 238,698 photos, 7,155 members
- Japan Images 633,207 photos, 15,170 members
- Japan's Four Seasons 四季［春夏秋冬］ 29,023 photos, 1,062 members
- Natural Japan 22,832 photos, 878 members
- Great Ocean Road 1,356 photos, 325 members
- Great Ocean Road, Victoria 5,527 photos, 719 members
- Hush Magazine Vancouver 2,052 photos, 101 members
- Melbourne Photography. 2,281 photos, 456 members
- Melbourne and Beyond 38,209 photos, 948 members
- Melbourne Photographers 33,851 photos, 1,595 members
- Melbourne Flickrnauts walkabouts 879 photos, 159 members
- Melbourne, it's my city 11,568 photos, 445 members
- Melbourne - One City, Many Photos 16,059 photos, 714 members
- Melbourne Photo Walk 1,280 photos, 339 members
- Kinfolk Magazine 834 photos, 112 members
- Pastel Tones 744 photos, 59 members
- Coffee 24/7 7,757 photos, 1,368 members
- coffee tea milk 3,688 photos, 912 members
- coffee to go & take a break 3,843 photos, 1,018 members
- Vancity Buzz 25,494 photos, 914 members
- Positano. 1,624 photos, 280 members
- Amalfi, Italy 3,727 photos, 470 members
- Amalfi Coast - Costiera amalfitana - Italy 7,711 photos, 803 members
- Inside Vancouver 6,584 photos, 920 members
- Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG HSM 15,713 photos, 2,287 members
- Maternity - Most Beautiful 1,751 photos, 1,937 members
- The 2012 Illuminate Yaletown Photo Contest 697 photos, 147 members
- Paint the Moon - Let's Do 52 14,540 photos, 4,297 members
- Halloween 2011 553 photos, 181 members
- Halloween 16,828 photos, 1,568 members
- HALLOWEEN HORROR 5,697 photos, 683 members
- HALLOWEEN WORLDWIDE 35,786 photos, 6,636 members
- Halloween Pumpkins 337 photos, 124 members
- Thursday Night. 82 photos, 34 members
- Full of Hot Air 17,751 photos, 3,294 members
- Hot Air Balloons World-wide 5,219 photos, 880 members
- Cappadocia - Turkey 2,691 photos, 145 members
- Cappadocia / Kapadokya (max 6 per day) 6,057 photos, 756 members
- Best of Turkey 4,966 photos, 298 members
- Turkey / Türkiye 114,789 photos, 6,299 members
- Turkey | I dream of Turkey 29,933 photos, 1,738 members
- SCOTLAND'S LANDSCAPES 117,544 photos, 6,108 members
- Scotland in the Gloaming 15,153 photos, 1,462 members
- Scotland - the Land and the Sea 42,005 photos, 2,085 members
"I love Kelven's style. His photos are not just images but stories, of life, moments, places ... and his way of using light and color tones makes you get into a sort of magic world, where atmosphere is always relaxing and (I personally feel) romantic!"
June 12th, 2011
"I think the best quality of Kelven's photos is that each of them looks like a picture from a posh magazine :) Love the way he composes every shot, and I can say I've learnt quite a few things about that through his photos, love the rich, saturated but still realistic colours and love the special care he puts in every picture he produces...Kelven keep it up and stay around...and you will make loads of people here on flickr happy :)"
May 3rd, 2011
"Kelven's images tell the essence of an object or of a scene and it is unique in almost every way. You don't want to miss his stream and I'm honoured to be one of his contacts.
We are lucky you found photography as a hobby Kelven! Keep up the excellent work mate!!"
March 24th, 2011
"Kevin has the incredible skill of capturing everyday objects and sights in ways I couldn't have imagined. It's made me take more notice of the world around me! Kevin, I look forward to see how you develop as a photographer... and thanks for the inspiration :)"
March 2nd, 2011
I am Frank. says:
"its time to write a testimonial for you...coz you are my friend on flickr...and your work is always clean...and also you have eyes for see ....watch...and to makes a world a wonderful bokeh..."
January 30th, 2011
"If there was someone who was diverse, yet with a solid definitive style, it'd be Kelven. His photostream is a goldmine of little treasures, each unique, yet sharing a unifying force that brings them all together. Simple, yet, creative, Kelven is able to make the ordinary extraordinary-- and that's talent right there. His photos are each executed with amazing skill, and the way he processes his images is just pleasing to the eyes. I don't know how he does it, but his continuous flow of quality photos is addictive, and the most enjoyable. All the best for the rest of the project, can't wait for the remaining days and those beyond :)"
January 2nd, 2011
~green tea ice cream~ says:
"I am quite in awe of Kelven and his very impressive stream...he takes the ordinary out of the everyday and turns it into a visual and thought provoking experience. I say visual because he allows the viewer to share something of the mood, which is usually gentle, soft, calming and serene. Using mostly natural light, he softly illuminates and bathes each image in a gentle glow. I say thought provoking because of his daily descriptions, which are similar to a diary...sometimes he touches on interesting philosophies and I can tell he's a sensitive soul with a sophisticated mind. More specifically, because of his words and his thoughts, he manages to add a personal touch to his stream, which gives it a unique perspective.
He is very disciplined when it comes to his 365 which I have been following in fascination. He is totally dedicated and fails to miss an upload. I don't know how he does it. The thing that strikes me the most, is that he keeps uploading quality shots EVERY TIME.... EVERYDAY!!! I mean, WHO DOES THAT I ask?? Be it a normal, ordinary pavement; a plain, metal radiator; a rusty, old tin can; a functional (non-stimulating) escalator or simply a metal bar on a train...Kelven can ALWAYS make it look so artistic, so elegant, so moody. (How annoying is that??haha!!) No seriously, he's improving in leaps and bounds and I can see his distinctive developing style.
To top it off, Kelven is a very 'reliable' contact who is extremely supportive. I so appreciate your flickr friendship and two thumbs up to you for being an inspiration. Thank you for sharing a piece of your busy world with us Kelven. I'm watching this space, and patiently await your next upload!
December 7th, 2010
"I don't know, since when i'm following kelven's stream, but i still can remember every photograph of him, which made me speechless. It is astonishing, how he can make simple thinks in our live look beautiful and breathtaking. For me it is always a wonderful start in the day, when i see his daily picture on flickr every morning.
If people looking out for inspiration, ideas, beautiful composition and a superb processing, they will not regret following his stream and his life.
Thank you for the inspiration and the beautiful moments, you captured for us kelven. Keep up with your art :)"
September 23rd, 2010
"Kelven.... so much inspiration, so much beauty, so much to tell from his photos!!!
His photos show us the world from another point of view, he tells us a whole story by just starting with nothing....
And he is unique in what he does, his style is so recognizable and special, showing us things we often don't see.
I am so happy to find you here, dear friend,, Kelven!!! Thanks for being here and for all your presentation of one thing called life!"
August 29th, 2010
Maggie J Lee says:
"Kelven is truly an inspirational photographer. The way in which he captures light and subjects is spectacular. His photostream is so refreshing and he has quite the gift of capturing he golden hour. The stories conveyed through his photographs are memorable, and I feel that he takes that extra care in his work to make something genuinely special. I appreciate not only his attention to detail, but also the effort he makes in the Flickr community to comment on the work of others.
Kelven is a great photographer and an invaluable resource to Flickr, and photographers everywhere."
August 15th, 2010
"Though I have only been following this stream for a couple months, Kelven has become one of my most influential contacts on Flickr. Just look through this stream and you'll see photos taken with an eye like no one else. The use of focus, depth and that perfect lighting is out of this world. This is easily one of my favorite streams on Flickr and I look to it each and every day to help expand my pallet as a photographer. Kelvin is like a surgeon with a lens, rather than a scalpel... This is a world class photographer like no other out here."
August 13th, 2010
Beatriz AG says:
"I was following his photostream some months ago, and it was amazing since the first moment I've seen it..
His shots got something special, a part of him inside them, a story to tell us.. and they're done with the most special dedication... with an amazing soft light, or the power of the sun in the Golden Hour..
I get accostumed to call Kelven "the Master of DoFs" and that's right, the depth of field in his photos is really amazing, getting an incredible bokeh..
I'm enjoying his 365 a lot, he has a lot of work to do yet, but he's doing it really well :)
I recommend his gallery if you want to feel comfortable, peaceful, and if you want to relax and think.
Keep up the great work :)"
August 4th, 2010
"This testimonial has been a long time coming...but it’s finally here! I have to say that ng.kelven is one of my favourite flickerites, to view his stream is always a pleasure and although I haven’t been following long it is evident to see the evolution of his abilities. Each day I am in awe of his images, The way he uses a shallow depth of field to create such masterpieces never ceases to amaze me and I just love how he turns every the most inanimate of objects into a works of art. I could only dream of producing such images, ng.kelven is an artist and the camera his paintbrush."
July 24th, 2010
"I've been following Kelven for a some time now and I can tell you: his work is absolutely impressive! I don't know how he does it, but he adds that 'little' extra touch to every photo to make it absolutely perfect.
Kelven my friend, you are a very talented person and a great inspiration to me! I wish you the best of luck with everything you do,- but keep doing it your way!
July 7th, 2010
"I like almost all of yours photos. I'm preety ''weak'' with English so I will not annoy you. Just to say:
Keep up fantastic work my friend!!
June 17th, 2010
"I just discovered Kelven's stream a week or two ago, and it is easily one of my favorites I've seen on Flickr so far! His shots are so creative, and he claims to be "just getting into photography." :) I wish I could be that great "just getting into" it!! Every photo on his stream puts a big smile on my face; the colors are always fantastic, and the focus, and everything. If it wouldn't be annoying, I'd go through and favorite every single photo. If he's this amazing to start with, Kelven will definitely go places with his photography! He'll always be someone I look up to in photography, and he's a very sweet guy as well. He always leaves comments that make me smile! I think everyone needs to add him right now. You won't regret it, I promise!
June 15th, 2010
Victor Mui says:
"his photos contain such great colors and he knows how to compose his images well. He also has great ideas such as the diptych of a plate of food. Keep up the great work!"
May 8th, 2010
- Kelven Ng
- January 2009
- Vancouver, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Single