as of June 2015 ** BREAKING NEWS **
RIGHT NOW May-June-July 2015 SOLO SHOW in CARMEL, CA at:
Center for Photographic Art
I WISH I COULD UPLOAD THE SHOW CATALOG HERE (I don't know if it is possible - a PDF file.)
My new book is available for viewing all pages without buying!
If you hit the little square icon lower right you can see everything fullscreen mode. [Also, there is an e-book version for ipad, etc]:
Earlier this year I won "the special prize" (2nd Prize, the only U.S. photographer included in the entire show) from THE ALL-JAPAN ASS'N OF PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETIES (AJAPS) international competition. My photograph "Silver Surrender" of an angel's trumpet will tour Japan for the entire year.
December 6: 2 Honorable Mention Awards in--
2012 Fine Art Competition organized by THE WORLDWIDE PHOTOGRAPHY GALA AWARDS
Nov 27: P L E A S E take this link and also make a comment at the end of the show, if you liked it - it is all about the True Buddha Nature of trees:
Nov. 26, 2012: I have been named "ASSOCIATE OF THE ROYAL PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY" and I can put "ARPS" after my name on my card. It's a rigorous application process. This is the second rung in the distinction ladder (skipped the first.)
Sept 2012: MICHAEL KENNA juried two of my pieces into a Holga show in a commercial gallery in Texas.
Here is my brand new book, LUMEN. There are 34 viewable color prints all developed outdoors:
My brand new website just for plants:
Recently I published THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS. Here's the link . The first 36 pages are black and white and the second half is technicolor. All pages are available to preview so that people don't get teased into buying something expensive.
Al Capp, on postmodern art:
[they are] the "product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered." [I agree!]
Here is an amusing, delightful little interview I heartily recommend:
"Art is not an intellectual process. It has to be a love affair."
Minor White, paraphrased, said photograph "for what it is and for what else it is." I'm always looking to create photographs that communicate "something-elseness."
"The challenge is to find something to do that deeply resonates with who you are in a way that points to the mystery of being alive."
“What use is having a great depth of field,
if there is not an adequate depth of feeling?”
– W. Eugene Smith
And Brett Weston:
"Photography is a visual medium and the less said, the better."
A flickerite posted this:
Please visit my website www.dianekaye.com
I want to thank ANDREAS KAHLER for making a beautiful compilation of some old Flickr images:
I fell madly in love with photography the first night I went to a black and white darkroom class, and I like to push the edges of tonality and composition, and explore how photography is unique, unlike any other art medium, most recently the element of MOTION, frozen or prolonged in time. Complex equivalences in composition, emotional content, and drama are top concerns for me.
I don't do "layers", textures, or any Photoshop beyond the simple darkroom-style tools. However, because of orthopedic concerns, I'm carrying a micro 4/3 camera a lot lately. At least I can make digital negs for contact printing when needed. I was just given a very slightly used Ricoh that will couple with a pile of old Leica German glass I happen to have from Ebay.
Flickr staff says this statement must appear here: "please be advised: My set called "The Human Form" is for over 18 only."
(Feel free to leave comments in English or German.)
Email: berlinsubway -> yahoo.com
NOTE: all images © DIANE KAYE 1980-2012
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WORLDWIDE
- MS-Optical Super Triplet Perar 35mm f/3.5 Lens 330 photos, 152 members
- Underground (tube, subway, metro) around the World 253 photos, 24 members
- fotografíabd 83,499 photos, 2,225 members
- The Secret Dance of Trees 67 photos, 5 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 12,931 photos, 1,498 members
- ..:: I LOVE DARK PHOTOS ::.. 483,298 photos, 18,646 members
- Art Now 421,513 photos, 11,261 members
- The Best of Black & White ☯ (Award 3) 289,747 photos, 11,269 members
- its just a dream 83,814 photos, 2,911 members
- This is Art! 1,847 photos, 738 members
- Dimakosmos Black & White 2,493 photos, 167 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 3,316 photos, 1,867 members
- Monochrome: it's not simply black & white! 2,467 photos, 147 members
- Green is Beautiful 801,310 photos, 91,277 members
- When GREEN is GREEN 4,668 photos, 667 members
- Exposition des Arts Contemporains. -P1/C1 33,139 photos, 833 members
- Anything fantastic - 1 pic / day 217,261 photos, 5,694 members
- Black and White Photography Art 839,756 photos, 33,208 members
- Somewhat Strange... 30,111 photos, 828 members
- Weird 39,683 photos, 1,808 members
- Proteaceae 4,434 photos, 332 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Portraits *OPEN* 4,534,721 photos, 121,858 members
- !* Monochrome Forms in Visual Arts P1/C2 * Classic B&W please! 82,204 photos, 3,811 members
- iEyes 8,381 photos, 680 members
- Universal Art 581,842 photos, 9,389 members
- Figures i formes [Invite only] 4,950 photos, 389 members
- Sensual flowers/Anturium/Anthurium/Kalia/Kalla/Calla/Cantedeskia 205 photos, 51 members
- Zantedeschia 508 photos, 126 members
- Calla Lily 1,854 photos, 485 members
- RED photos only 60,497 photos, 4,213 members
- Iris Flowers 15,293 photos, 2,022 members
- Doors & Windows Project 185,605 photos, 14,279 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 71,657 photos, 6,433 members
- Beauty In the Mundane 79,047 photos, 1,042 members
- Parrot tulips 1,700 photos, 309 members
- Analog Photography 2,320,578 photos, 52,096 members
- Still Lifes 47,800 photos, 2,891 members
- ^^ThE DaRk FoReSt^^ 7,078 photos, 416 members
- TriX Lovers 114,931 photos, 6,441 members
- Natur und Umwelt 257,638 photos, 3,862 members
- BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO HEAVEN! 1,141,880 photos, 27,567 members
- Art in Black and White 476,943 photos, 16,366 members
- The Light Painters Society 577,539 photos, 17,222 members
- ART-X 97,096 photos, 1,870 members
- It's Not The Tools... 17,523 photos, 1,135 members
- A different point of view - for photographers 221,618 photos, 4,412 members
- World of B&W + Sepia & other monochrome 890,225 photos, 26,027 members
- Art and Artists. 425,614 photos, 19,886 members
- artistic photos 268,191 photos, 7,709 members
- Photographic Art 214,930 photos, 5,877 members
alive cup says:
"Diane has a special relationship to the magic of light and a unique ability to reveal the unseen. Her photographs seem to radiate imagination! She also has a remarkable range of technical knowledge. I'm inspired by Diane's work both in the sense of being moved by it and in the sense of expanding the possibilities of my own work (for example, it's because of seeing her lumen prints that lumen printing is on my "must try" list). And Diane's comments are not only wonderfully supportive, but also reflect thoughtful engagement with the individual photograph. I appreciate Diane's presence on Flickr, and I always look forward to seeing her new work."
December 17th, 2011
"I love b + w photos and I love the b + w photos of B&WPhotog (the color pics as well!). Not only are they beautiful, but this wonderful photographer and I see things in a similar way--and that's a good thing-because hers are better than mine! (He says immodestly!)"
November 22nd, 2009
unbiased seat says:
"Diane's photography shows how loved this woman is by her friends and people that are part of her life. Most of her portraits show how her viewfinder look doesn't stop to the skin of the subject, it goes beyond, deep inside what we could call the human soul. Her fine art works are examples of grace, understanding of aesthetic values and masterpieces of darkroom technique. Diane doesn't just photograph the world around her, it's the world that reveals to her. She is for me a model and gives me the strength to keep pursuing photography as a "way of life". Thank you Diane."
June 2nd, 2009
- September 2007
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Diane Kaye Photography