as of June 2015 ** BREAKING NEWS **
RIGHT NOW May-June-July 2015 SOLO SHOW in CARMEL, CA at:
Center for Photographic Art
I WISH I COULD UPLOAD THE SHOW CATALOG HERE (I don't know if it is possible - a PDF file.)
My new book is available for viewing all pages without buying!
If you hit the little square icon lower right you can see everything fullscreen mode. [Also, there is an e-book version for ipad, etc]:
Earlier this year I won "the special prize" (2nd Prize, the only U.S. photographer included in the entire show) from THE ALL-JAPAN ASS'N OF PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETIES (AJAPS) international competition. My photograph "Silver Surrender" of an angel's trumpet will tour Japan for the entire year.
December 6: 2 Honorable Mention Awards in--
2012 Fine Art Competition organized by THE WORLDWIDE PHOTOGRAPHY GALA AWARDS
Nov 27: P L E A S E take this link and also make a comment at the end of the show, if you liked it - it is all about the True Buddha Nature of trees:
Nov. 26, 2012: I have been named "ASSOCIATE OF THE ROYAL PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY" and I can put "ARPS" after my name on my card. It's a rigorous application process. This is the second rung in the distinction ladder (skipped the first.)
Sept 2012: MICHAEL KENNA juried two of my pieces into a Holga show in a commercial gallery in Texas.
Here is my brand new book, LUMEN. There are 34 viewable color prints all developed outdoors:
My brand new website just for plants:
Recently I published THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS. Here's the link . The first 36 pages are black and white and the second half is technicolor. All pages are available to preview so that people don't get teased into buying something expensive.
Al Capp, on postmodern art:
[they are] the "product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered." [I agree!]
Here is an amusing, delightful little interview I heartily recommend:
"Art is not an intellectual process. It has to be a love affair."
Minor White, paraphrased, said photograph "for what it is and for what else it is." I'm always looking to create photographs that communicate "something-elseness."
"The challenge is to find something to do that deeply resonates with who you are in a way that points to the mystery of being alive."
“What use is having a great depth of field,
if there is not an adequate depth of feeling?”
– W. Eugene Smith
And Brett Weston:
"Photography is a visual medium and the less said, the better."
A flickerite posted this:
Please visit my website www.dianekaye.com
I want to thank ANDREAS KAHLER for making a beautiful compilation of some old Flickr images:
I fell madly in love with photography the first night I went to a black and white darkroom class, and I like to push the edges of tonality and composition, and explore how photography is unique, unlike any other art medium, most recently the element of MOTION, frozen or prolonged in time. Complex equivalences in composition, emotional content, and drama are top concerns for me.
I don't do "layers", textures, or any Photoshop beyond the simple darkroom-style tools. However, because of orthopedic concerns, I'm carrying a micro 4/3 camera a lot lately. At least I can make digital negs for contact printing when needed. I was just given a very slightly used Ricoh that will couple with a pile of old Leica German glass I happen to have from Ebay.
Flickr staff says this statement must appear here: "please be advised: My set called "The Human Form" is for over 18 only."
(Feel free to leave comments in English or German.)
Email: berlinsubway -> yahoo.com
NOTE: all images © DIANE KAYE 1980-2012
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WORLDWIDE
- fotografíabd 8,791 photos, 1,496 members
- The Secret Dance of Trees 64 photos, 4 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 6,326 photos, 1,017 members
- ..:: I LOVE DARK PHOTOS ::.. 351,433 photos, 15,476 members
- Art Now 312,343 photos, 10,032 members
- The Best of Black & White ☯ (Award 3) 139,125 photos, 7,557 members
- its just a dream 49,686 photos, 2,395 members
- This is Art! 1,980 photos, 741 members
- Dimakosmos Black & White 2,568 photos, 181 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 2,460 photos, 1,797 members
- Monochrome: it's not simply black & white! 1,660 photos, 124 members
- Green is Beautiful 726,959 photos, 76,903 members
- When GREEN is GREEN 3,956 photos, 622 members
- Exposition des Arts Contemporain -P1/C1 25,067 photos, 680 members
- Anything fantastic - 1 pic / day 165,015 photos, 5,246 members
- Black and White Photography Art 358,541 photos, 17,179 members
- Somewhat Strange... 23,735 photos, 790 members
- Weird 23,648 photos, 1,467 members
- Proteaceae 3,820 photos, 302 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Minimalism Wednesdays *OPEN* 3,806,154 photos, 107,616 members
- ***Monochrome Forms in Visual Arts - New Competition!* 53,566 photos, 3,046 members
- iEyes 5,520 photos, 607 members
- Universal Art 213,532 photos, 5,090 members
- Figures i formes [Invite only] 5,093 photos, 407 members
- Sensual flowers/Anturium/Anthurium/Kalia/Kalla/Calla/Cantedeskia 180 photos, 43 members
- Zantedeschia 488 photos, 116 members
- Calla Lily 1,794 photos, 469 members
- RED photos only 39,027 photos, 3,413 members
- Iris Flowers 12,869 photos, 1,833 members
- Doors & Windows Project 158,117 photos, 13,936 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 42,772 photos, 3,714 members
- Beauty In the Mundane 39,371 photos, 711 members
- Parrot tulips 1,585 photos, 294 members
- Analog Photography 1,834,879 photos, 41,005 members
- Still Lifes 26,507 photos, 1,791 members
- ^^ThE DaRk FoReSt^^ 3,810 photos, 225 members
- TriX Lovers 75,983 photos, 4,247 members
- Natur und Umwelt 144,825 photos, 3,188 members
- BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO HEAVEN! 803,469 photos, 22,139 members
- Art in Black and White 268,469 photos, 12,778 members
- The Light Painters Society 426,644 photos, 15,837 members
- ART-X 71,325 photos, 1,717 members
- It's Not The Tools... 15,488 photos, 1,133 members
- A different point of view - for photographers 142,297 photos, 3,914 members
- World of B&W + Sepia & other monochrome 580,572 photos, 20,832 members
- Art and Artists. 353,175 photos, 18,586 members
- artistic photos 168,333 photos, 6,737 members
- Photographic Art 146,708 photos, 5,278 members
- * Black * Black * Black * 86,062 photos, 3,319 members
- ART DISTRICT 517,374 photos, 17,716 members
Falling Thru The Lens says:
"Diane has a special relationship to the magic of light and a unique ability to reveal the unseen. Her photographs seem to radiate imagination! She also has a remarkable range of technical knowledge. I'm inspired by Diane's work both in the sense of being moved by it and in the sense of expanding the possibilities of my own work (for example, it's because of seeing her lumen prints that lumen printing is on my "must try" list). And Diane's comments are not only wonderfully supportive, but also reflect thoughtful engagement with the individual photograph. I appreciate Diane's presence on Flickr, and I always look forward to seeing her new work."
December 17th, 2011
"I love b + w photos and I love the b + w photos of B&WPhotog (the color pics as well!). Not only are they beautiful, but this wonderful photographer and I see things in a similar way--and that's a good thing-because hers are better than mine! (He says immodestly!)"
November 22nd, 2009
"Diane's photography shows how loved this woman is by her friends and people that are part of her life. Most of her portraits show how her viewfinder look doesn't stop to the skin of the subject, it goes beyond, deep inside what we could call the human soul. Her fine art works are examples of grace, understanding of aesthetic values and masterpieces of darkroom technique. Diane doesn't just photograph the world around her, it's the world that reveals to her. She is for me a model and gives me the strength to keep pursuing photography as a "way of life". Thank you Diane."
June 2nd, 2009
- September 2007
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Diane Kaye Photography