as of June 2015 ** BREAKING NEWS **
RIGHT NOW May-June-July 2015 SOLO SHOW in CARMEL, CA at:
Center for Photographic Art
I WISH I COULD UPLOAD THE SHOW CATALOG HERE (I don't know if it is possible - a PDF file.)
My new book is available for viewing all pages without buying!
If you hit the little square icon lower right you can see everything fullscreen mode. [Also, there is an e-book version for ipad, etc]:
Earlier this year I won "the special prize" (2nd Prize, the only U.S. photographer included in the entire show) from THE ALL-JAPAN ASS'N OF PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETIES (AJAPS) international competition. My photograph "Silver Surrender" of an angel's trumpet will tour Japan for the entire year.
December 6: 2 Honorable Mention Awards in--
2012 Fine Art Competition organized by THE WORLDWIDE PHOTOGRAPHY GALA AWARDS
Nov 27: P L E A S E take this link and also make a comment at the end of the show, if you liked it - it is all about the True Buddha Nature of trees:
Nov. 26, 2012: I have been named "ASSOCIATE OF THE ROYAL PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY" and I can put "ARPS" after my name on my card. It's a rigorous application process. This is the second rung in the distinction ladder (skipped the first.)
Sept 2012: MICHAEL KENNA juried two of my pieces into a Holga show in a commercial gallery in Texas.
Here is my brand new book, LUMEN. There are 34 viewable color prints all developed outdoors:
My brand new website just for plants:
Recently I published THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS. Here's the link . The first 36 pages are black and white and the second half is technicolor. All pages are available to preview so that people don't get teased into buying something expensive.
Al Capp, on postmodern art:
[they are] the "product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered." [I agree!]
Here is an amusing, delightful little interview I heartily recommend:
"Art is not an intellectual process. It has to be a love affair."
Minor White, paraphrased, said photograph "for what it is and for what else it is." I'm always looking to create photographs that communicate "something-elseness."
"The challenge is to find something to do that deeply resonates with who you are in a way that points to the mystery of being alive."
“What use is having a great depth of field,
if there is not an adequate depth of feeling?”
– W. Eugene Smith
And Brett Weston:
"Photography is a visual medium and the less said, the better."
A flickerite posted this:
Please visit my website www.dianekaye.com
I want to thank ANDREAS KAHLER for making a beautiful compilation of some old Flickr images:
I fell madly in love with photography the first night I went to a black and white darkroom class, and I like to push the edges of tonality and composition, and explore how photography is unique, unlike any other art medium, most recently the element of MOTION, frozen or prolonged in time. Complex equivalences in composition, emotional content, and drama are top concerns for me.
I don't do "layers", textures, or any Photoshop beyond the simple darkroom-style tools. However, because of orthopedic concerns, I'm carrying a micro 4/3 camera a lot lately. At least I can make digital negs for contact printing when needed. I was just given a very slightly used Ricoh that will couple with a pile of old Leica German glass I happen to have from Ebay.
Flickr staff says this statement must appear here: "please be advised: My set called "The Human Form" is for over 18 only."
(Feel free to leave comments in English or German.)
Email: berlinsubway -> yahoo.com
NOTE: all images © DIANE KAYE 1980-2012
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WORLDWIDE
- MS-Optical Super Triplet Perar 35mm f/3.5 Lens 359 photos, 149 members
- Underground (tube, subway, metro) around the World 146 photos, 16 members
- fotografíabd 56,122 photos, 2,205 members
- The Secret Dance of Trees 66 photos, 5 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 10,179 photos, 1,330 members
- ..:: I LOVE DARK PHOTOS ::.. 444,512 photos, 17,701 members
- Art Now 371,737 photos, 10,805 members
- The Best of Black & White ☯ (Award 3) 237,484 photos, 10,157 members
- its just a dream 72,677 photos, 2,745 members
- This is Art! 1,906 photos, 745 members
- Dimakosmos Black & White 2,488 photos, 174 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 3,291 photos, 1,866 members
- Monochrome: it's not simply black & white! 2,048 photos, 142 members
- Green is Beautiful 786,829 photos, 87,987 members
- When GREEN is GREEN 4,250 photos, 649 members
- Exposition des Arts Contemporains -P1/C1 28,740 photos, 731 members
- Anything fantastic - 1 pic / day 198,760 photos, 5,627 members
- Black and White Photography Art 639,055 photos, 26,122 members
- Somewhat Strange... 27,624 photos, 819 members
- Weird 32,206 photos, 1,702 members
- Proteaceae 4,293 photos, 323 members
- The World Through My Eyes - TGIF *OPEN* 4,335,712 photos, 117,286 members
- ***Monochrome Forms in Visual Arts P1C2 Congratulate our winners 72,952 photos, 3,568 members
- iEyes 7,131 photos, 669 members
- Universal Art 437,442 photos, 7,818 members
- Figures i formes [Invite only] 4,949 photos, 403 members
- Sensual flowers/Anturium/Anthurium/Kalia/Kalla/Calla/Cantedeskia 206 photos, 49 members
- Zantedeschia 504 photos, 123 members
- Calla Lily 1,823 photos, 480 members
- RED photos only 52,040 photos, 3,979 members
- Iris Flowers 13,819 photos, 1,910 members
- Doors & Windows Project 174,675 photos, 14,268 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 60,820 photos, 5,442 members
- Beauty In the Mundane 63,152 photos, 929 members
- Parrot tulips 1,723 photos, 302 members
- Analog Photography 2,182,089 photos, 48,903 members
- Still Lifes 37,200 photos, 2,483 members
- ^^ThE DaRk FoReSt^^ 5,745 photos, 366 members
- TriX Lovers 98,686 photos, 5,521 members
- Natur und Umwelt 222,984 photos, 3,670 members
- BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO HEAVEN! 1,029,500 photos, 25,701 members
- Art in Black and White 399,552 photos, 15,439 members
- The Light Painters Society 520,985 photos, 17,022 members
- ART-X 85,978 photos, 1,817 members
- It's Not The Tools... 16,847 photos, 1,141 members
- A different point of view - for photographers 193,125 photos, 4,321 members
- World of B&W + Sepia & other monochrome 788,908 photos, 24,562 members
- Art and Artists. 401,872 photos, 19,470 members
- artistic photos 234,324 photos, 7,513 members
- Photographic Art 190,206 photos, 5,766 members
Falling Thru The Lens says:
"Diane has a special relationship to the magic of light and a unique ability to reveal the unseen. Her photographs seem to radiate imagination! She also has a remarkable range of technical knowledge. I'm inspired by Diane's work both in the sense of being moved by it and in the sense of expanding the possibilities of my own work (for example, it's because of seeing her lumen prints that lumen printing is on my "must try" list). And Diane's comments are not only wonderfully supportive, but also reflect thoughtful engagement with the individual photograph. I appreciate Diane's presence on Flickr, and I always look forward to seeing her new work."
December 17th, 2011
"I love b + w photos and I love the b + w photos of B&WPhotog (the color pics as well!). Not only are they beautiful, but this wonderful photographer and I see things in a similar way--and that's a good thing-because hers are better than mine! (He says immodestly!)"
November 22nd, 2009
"Diane's photography shows how loved this woman is by her friends and people that are part of her life. Most of her portraits show how her viewfinder look doesn't stop to the skin of the subject, it goes beyond, deep inside what we could call the human soul. Her fine art works are examples of grace, understanding of aesthetic values and masterpieces of darkroom technique. Diane doesn't just photograph the world around her, it's the world that reveals to her. She is for me a model and gives me the strength to keep pursuing photography as a "way of life". Thank you Diane."
June 2nd, 2009
- September 2007
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Diane Kaye Photography