as of June 2015 ** BREAKING NEWS **
RIGHT NOW May-June-July 2015 SOLO SHOW in CARMEL, CA at:
Center for Photographic Art
I WISH I COULD UPLOAD THE SHOW CATALOG HERE (I don't know if it is possible - a PDF file.)
My new book is available for viewing all pages without buying!
If you hit the little square icon lower right you can see everything fullscreen mode. [Also, there is an e-book version for ipad, etc]:
Earlier this year I won "the special prize" (2nd Prize, the only U.S. photographer included in the entire show) from THE ALL-JAPAN ASS'N OF PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETIES (AJAPS) international competition. My photograph "Silver Surrender" of an angel's trumpet will tour Japan for the entire year.
December 6: 2 Honorable Mention Awards in--
2012 Fine Art Competition organized by THE WORLDWIDE PHOTOGRAPHY GALA AWARDS
Nov 27: P L E A S E take this link and also make a comment at the end of the show, if you liked it - it is all about the True Buddha Nature of trees:
Nov. 26, 2012: I have been named "ASSOCIATE OF THE ROYAL PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY" and I can put "ARPS" after my name on my card. It's a rigorous application process. This is the second rung in the distinction ladder (skipped the first.)
Sept 2012: MICHAEL KENNA juried two of my pieces into a Holga show in a commercial gallery in Texas.
Here is my brand new book, LUMEN. There are 34 viewable color prints all developed outdoors:
My brand new website just for plants:
Recently I published THE SECRET LIFE OF PLANTS. Here's the link . The first 36 pages are black and white and the second half is technicolor. All pages are available to preview so that people don't get teased into buying something expensive.
Al Capp, on postmodern art:
[they are] the "product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered." [I agree!]
Here is an amusing, delightful little interview I heartily recommend:
"Art is not an intellectual process. It has to be a love affair."
Minor White, paraphrased, said photograph "for what it is and for what else it is." I'm always looking to create photographs that communicate "something-elseness."
"The challenge is to find something to do that deeply resonates with who you are in a way that points to the mystery of being alive."
“What use is having a great depth of field,
if there is not an adequate depth of feeling?”
– W. Eugene Smith
And Brett Weston:
"Photography is a visual medium and the less said, the better."
A flickerite posted this:
Please visit my website www.dianekaye.com
I want to thank ANDREAS KAHLER for making a beautiful compilation of some old Flickr images:
I fell madly in love with photography the first night I went to a black and white darkroom class, and I like to push the edges of tonality and composition, and explore how photography is unique, unlike any other art medium, most recently the element of MOTION, frozen or prolonged in time. Complex equivalences in composition, emotional content, and drama are top concerns for me.
I don't do "layers", textures, or any Photoshop beyond the simple darkroom-style tools. However, because of orthopedic concerns, I'm carrying a micro 4/3 camera a lot lately. At least I can make digital negs for contact printing when needed. I was just given a very slightly used Ricoh that will couple with a pile of old Leica German glass I happen to have from Ebay.
Flickr staff says this statement must appear here: "please be advised: My set called "The Human Form" is for over 18 only."
(Feel free to leave comments in English or German.)
Email: berlinsubway -> yahoo.com
NOTE: all images © DIANE KAYE 1980-2012
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED WORLDWIDE
- fotografíabd 28,227 photos, 1,767 members
- The Secret Dance of Trees 64 photos, 5 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 7,683 photos, 1,119 members
- ..:: I LOVE DARK PHOTOS ::.. 390,943 photos, 16,524 members
- Art Now 334,371 photos, 10,361 members
- The Best of Black & White ☯ (Award 3) 177,949 photos, 8,752 members
- its just a dream 60,127 photos, 2,563 members
- This is Art! 1,943 photos, 744 members
- Dimakosmos Black & White 2,534 photos, 178 members
- Flickr Foto Fame (Gallery of Outstanding Photos) 3,033 photos, 1,836 members
- Monochrome: it's not simply black & white! 1,819 photos, 132 members
- Green is Beautiful 751,331 photos, 82,733 members
- When GREEN is GREEN 4,045 photos, 636 members
- Exposition des Arts Contemporains -P1/C1 25,851 photos, 688 members
- Anything fantastic - 1 pic / day 176,492 photos, 5,411 members
- Black and White Photography Art 470,131 photos, 20,951 members
- Somewhat Strange... 25,584 photos, 810 members
- Weird 26,522 photos, 1,582 members
- Proteaceae 4,099 photos, 312 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Minimalism *OPEN* 4,029,560 photos, 112,614 members
- ***Monochrome Forms in Visual Arts P1-C2 - Only Classic B & W! 62,455 photos, 3,313 members
- iEyes 5,791 photos, 609 members
- Universal Art 296,226 photos, 6,240 members
- Figures i formes [Invite only] 5,136 photos, 412 members
- Sensual flowers/Anturium/Anthurium/Kalia/Kalla/Calla/Cantedeskia 190 photos, 46 members
- Zantedeschia 491 photos, 117 members
- Calla Lily 1,828 photos, 474 members
- RED photos only 43,902 photos, 3,662 members
- Iris Flowers 12,920 photos, 1,839 members
- Doors & Windows Project 164,848 photos, 14,135 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 50,273 photos, 4,444 members
- Beauty In the Mundane 48,973 photos, 797 members
- Parrot tulips 1,638 photos, 294 members
- Analog Photography 1,978,919 photos, 44,952 members
- Still Lifes 30,679 photos, 2,069 members
- ^^ThE DaRk FoReSt^^ 4,525 photos, 271 members
- TriX Lovers 85,494 photos, 4,783 members
- Natur und Umwelt 181,472 photos, 3,389 members
- BLACK AND WHITE PHOTO HEAVEN! 895,404 photos, 23,866 members
- Art in Black and White 321,849 photos, 14,131 members
- The Light Painters Society 461,953 photos, 16,352 members
- ART-X 77,012 photos, 1,766 members
- It's Not The Tools... 16,377 photos, 1,138 members
- A different point of view - for photographers 162,362 photos, 4,111 members
- World of B&W + Sepia & other monochrome 665,062 photos, 22,657 members
- Art and Artists. 372,279 photos, 18,976 members
- artistic photos 196,789 photos, 7,110 members
- Photographic Art 163,740 photos, 5,481 members
- * Black * Black * Black * 104,396 photos, 3,780 members
- ART DISTRICT 553,716 photos, 18,213 members
Falling Thru The Lens says:
"Diane has a special relationship to the magic of light and a unique ability to reveal the unseen. Her photographs seem to radiate imagination! She also has a remarkable range of technical knowledge. I'm inspired by Diane's work both in the sense of being moved by it and in the sense of expanding the possibilities of my own work (for example, it's because of seeing her lumen prints that lumen printing is on my "must try" list). And Diane's comments are not only wonderfully supportive, but also reflect thoughtful engagement with the individual photograph. I appreciate Diane's presence on Flickr, and I always look forward to seeing her new work."
December 17th, 2011
"I love b + w photos and I love the b + w photos of B&WPhotog (the color pics as well!). Not only are they beautiful, but this wonderful photographer and I see things in a similar way--and that's a good thing-because hers are better than mine! (He says immodestly!)"
November 22nd, 2009
"Diane's photography shows how loved this woman is by her friends and people that are part of her life. Most of her portraits show how her viewfinder look doesn't stop to the skin of the subject, it goes beyond, deep inside what we could call the human soul. Her fine art works are examples of grace, understanding of aesthetic values and masterpieces of darkroom technique. Diane doesn't just photograph the world around her, it's the world that reveals to her. She is for me a model and gives me the strength to keep pursuing photography as a "way of life". Thank you Diane."
June 2nd, 2009
- September 2007
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Diane Kaye Photography