I've been out of the game for a while but I am hoping to climb back up and find you all again.
Live in Dublin, Ireland
I use a Canon Mark III and i love it!
This is the first time that I have ever had a hobby that has stuck. I love photography so much that the camera never leaves my side.
when i was in college i had to take a photography course and i hated it ... hated it with a passion ... i couldn't figure out what F stops or apertures were for .... what setting goes with what (still dont...but not for a lack of trying)..... it annoyed me .... it was only 4 years later ... that i picked up a camera and started taking pictures of random objects ...and through the 2 years i have realized that i didn't need that class...
everything i know i have taught myself ... and with the inspiration that flows through flickr i couldn't have done it
and i must give credit where credit is due....
Without the support of my fellow flickrites on here I wouldn't think my photos were worth the time. But it is through my contacts on here that i have made friends in strangers and family out of friends.... and for that support i thank my family and my friends
keep clicking everyone ... WELL DONE TO YOU ALL
Photography is my number 1 interest now.... and travelling ..i love to travel and can't get to enough places fast enough.
- My Favourite photo - la mia foto preferita 41,270 photos, 3,105 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,227 photos, 13,820 members
- BOKEH Any • DAY 19,738 photos, 4,732 members
- Yahoo! Dog Grins 16 photos, 12 members
- Looking Forward. 682 photos, 280 members
- Image Excellence (Admin Invite Only) ADD 1, C.3 30,491 photos, 1,081 members
- Humpback whale flukes 3,797 photos, 408 members
- Art of Images ~ AOI L1~ ( Post 1, Award 3) Semi-Moderated 897,642 photos, 38,396 members
- This is Derbyshire 45,762 photos, 1,249 members
- artland 858,868 photos, 38,443 members
- aDIVA Couture Calendar Girl Contest June 40 photos, 49 members
- 'Twas on an afternoon in Dublin... 904 photos, 74 members
- Texture Squared 20,265 photos, 1,444 members
- Super Shots - Monthly Contest - Nominate Now 261,964 photos, 40,351 members
- *****BOKEHLICIOUS IMAGE***** 221,672 photos, 9,962 members
- A Stylized Halloween (Invite Only) 32 photos, 9 members
- Cloud Junkie 396,694 photos, 40,805 members
- Æ ARTISTIC EXPRESSION at Admin invitation (pls aw 1) 9,525 photos, 10,336 members
- 30 day - photo a day challenge 610 photos, 234 members
- You've Been Explored! 'Explore' Photos Only! Post 1/Award 2 6,493 photos, 1,514 members
- ***Addicted to Flower!***(Post 1+Comment 3)*SWEEPER ACTIVE* 59,624 photos, 5,260 members
- The Key of Your Mind GOLD ☼ 74,187 photos, 3,087 members
- Reflect your World (New! No Invite needed) 90,509 photos, 5,735 members
- Fine-ART photos (Invite only) 36,008 photos, 9,925 members
- Best In Show (dog photography/invite only!) 22,818 photos, 5,834 members
- fisheye fanatics 101,062 photos, 9,387 members
- Amazing Macros ***No Rules, No Banning, No Sweepers*** 89,492 photos, 4,577 members
- BOKEH creative photography (shapes) 10,292 photos, 4,030 members
- Flowerotica - Post ONE (1) COMMENT & AWARD 3 22,641 photos, 7,113 members
- Bird Watching Group (BWG): Post 1 : Award 2 198,566 photos, 9,179 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 81,276 photos, 8,758 members
- Inspirational Mosaics 1,541 photos, 171 members
- So Beautiful (Invite only) 1,583 photos, 1,294 members
- Super~Six Bronze ☆ Stage #1 ☆ 1,071,654 photos, 40,360 members
- Nature Through The Lens / Invited Photos Only. 13,100 photos, 2,263 members
- Things I Love Thursdays! 4,335 photos, 1,235 members
- In Fine Style 42,210 photos, 4,593 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 63,000 photos, 10,306 members
- Joyful Simplicities ~ 101,419 photos, 4,413 members
- Every day is Happy Bokeh Day ! 208,053 photos, 13,850 members
- World's Best Dazzling Shots.(Invited only, post 1/comment 3) 26,352 photos, 8,554 members
- *The Best Of The B-E-S-T Post 1/Comment 3 26,080 photos, 4,291 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 282,401 photos, 42,013 members
- Historical and architectural gems 199,970 photos, 4,664 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 396,763 photos, 50,705 members
- Beautiful Macro / Admin Invite only / Comment on 1 7,936 photos, 1,358 members
- A Real Gem! - Post One ~ Award Three - 10,000+ Members Strong! 385,292 photos, 12,437 members
- Macro Marvels (Invite only) Post 1 Comment 2 69,791 photos, 10,481 members
- Dragon Gold Award " The Best Of Flickr " 638,715 photos, 26,070 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,113,117 photos, 57,960 members
keen kellie says:
"Oh wow, have I really not declared my love for Michelle in testimony-form yet?!? I guess I think about how great she is so frequently, I just assumed that I had already done this. So here goes...
Michelle so amazingly expresses herself in each picture. Before even reading a description, you can know what she is thinking about or how she is feeling. Humor and emotion comes with every photo. I love visiting her stream daily to see whats going on in 'The World of Michelle'. Whether its a shot of smiling pups or a landscape with a broken fence in the foreground, Michelle takes us all on a journey. Her photos blow me away... And its not just me, as anyone can see from her league of devoted followers. She is brilliant, and we all know it.
And to top it all off, not only is Michelle an awesome photographer, she is a wonderful friend. I love her dearly."
November 25th, 2009
"Probably the best thing about Flickr is that it's given me the opportunity to meet people from all over the planet and become friends with them.
On top of the great friendships, I get to see artistry from some super-talented folks, and Michelle is easily sitting among those at the top of that list.
Michelle's got an amazing eye to find just the right shot, and the skill not only to make it work, but to make us Flickrites amazed each and every time.
She's a true talent and a truer friend, and for both reasons I'm glad I met her here... Go ahead and look at her shots. And read her rants; she's always got plenty of important stuff to say, and she will not hesitate in voicing her opinions. She's a true joy."
September 5th, 2009
"Buy JAM! :)"
August 28th, 2009
The Ghost of a Flea says:
"For every inch that Michelle is an artist, she is doubly that a fantastic friend!!! Her compassion and special view of the world is apparent in her bit of her work, beautiful and technically brilliant.
Aside from all of that, she's alway able to put a smile on my face at least once a day. Sincere and heartfelt, Michelle has an amazing sense of humour and though she's only been my contact for a while, I feel like I've known her for years.
To those who haven't added her as a contact, line up, it's worth it!!!"
July 6th, 2009
"I don't exactly know Michelle personally, but one thing I can say about her is that her photography is fantastic. :) Honestly, I'd love to have her skill when I get older and have fancy cameras and such. :3
She has a fantastic personality (I just love reading her little rants and random facts n' stuff) and she's super sweet."
June 19th, 2009
flush gorden says:
"Oh my deary me have to see the level of fabulousness here? Michelle has taken and created so many amazing shots that you can't help but be impressed at her talent.
Michelle has such a fabulous eye, some say two, for spotting and capturing the most spectacular of views and I'm thinking it would be a bit of a giggle to join her on a wandering taking of photos just as long as it's not too fast and up too many hills.
I'm glad the disagreement on the changes of flickr brought her over to my stream for a look and since then her stream has been a daily must :o)"
June 14th, 2009
"Michelle isn’t just an amazing photographer she is a story teller a Shanachie. All her images take you along with her on her journey through life, a photographic “Everyday Matters” if you like. Her passion for photography bubbles over in all her images, her openness and honesty in both her images and words a rarity..."
May 23rd, 2009
John Henry Photography says:
"Although I have only known Michelle (or Elle :P) for a short time we quickly become firm friends. Mainly because she won't leave me alone!!! *sniff*
But seriously, She is very talented, caring and full of humour which is obvious once you pay a visit to her stream which I would recommend highly. Her enthusiasm for photography is unmistakable. She makes logging into flickr all the more appealing to see what those eyes of hers have spotted recently!
Keep up the good work Elle and thanks for all the support! ;)"
May 21st, 2009
"I've met so many fantastic people here in flickrland and Michelle is one of the most amazing ones.
Her use of light and colour is simply fantastic. I love how she expresses herself with photos and colour... that's the way some special people connect to others and she does it pretty well.
I'm glad I know you a bit girl!!! :) Keep up the inspirational good stuff..."
May 18th, 2009
"I've been meaning to do this for ages ~ I'm such procrastinator (or maybe just forgetful)......
Anyhow......I'm not going to say anything about how good Michelle's photographs are because her photostream speaks for itself, you only need to spend a few seconds looking to see this girl has true talent.
I've been lucky enough to have met Michelle (and Finbarr) recently and we hit it off straight away. She's so easy to be around, such a warm, friendly and fun person. I'm not great with people (I'm kinda insular) but Michelle is someone I'm damn happy to call a friend and I don't have many of them so she's in a very select group.
Michelle = Great Photographer; Great Friend; Great Heart."
May 6th, 2009
""She´s got the eye" first time I saw her stream, I thought that. Her photos are amazing, beyond all the technicall stuff..An artist is an artist because of the talent, and she shows me everyday a piece of that. And a plus: she is also nice!
Michelle: always a pleasure to visit your photos!
Saludos desde Argentina
May 5th, 2009
"Michelle is a very kind person !!! I love her sensitivity. Her shots creative and full of enthusiasm. Michelle....you're GREAT!!!!"
May 4th, 2009
Michael J Lynch says:
"Michelle's photos always makes it seem like she is in the right place at the right time. But that's not it. She has the talent and creativity of capturing a perfect moment from her own unique perspective. I am always inspired when I visit her sets."
February 28th, 2009
Brian Grissom says:
"Michelle has to be one of the nicest and most creative photographers on flickr! Every time I visit her photostream I am met with vibrant colors and beautiful pictures. Michelle you are an inspiration!"
October 8th, 2008
Tavi Groban ~ says:
well actually I just discovered her photostream few minutes ago =D
but I must say ..
she is one of the best photographers I've ever known .. !
she has that magical touch that makes even simple shots so amazing !
I really liked every single shot of hers .. !
from this moment on I consider myself her biggest fan =D
I'm not a professional yet ..
but I hope that one day my shots become even half amazing as hers !
keep it up Michelle !"
September 10th, 2008
"Michelle has the ability to capture extravagant detail in even the most simple shots. Her colors and contrast are clean, crisp and masterful. I enjoy each and every new shot!"
August 29th, 2008
"Michelle has a wonderful ability to capture everything in its natural state and completely bring it to life.
She is an inspiration to all female photographers"
August 6th, 2008
"I've just realised I've never written a testimonial for Michelle. How silly of me. Michelle's photostream is worth coming back to time & time again. She's one of the few that I make the effort to visit regularly. The one thing that made Michelle stand out from the rest was her sense of humour when giving a title to one of her images. The "They were cones" is a prime example - it made me laugh. Keep 'em coming Michelle."
June 30th, 2008
"Michelle is the best, I know her personally and Ive seen her progress into a brillant photographer, a huge talent and a great friend"
May 19th, 2008
"You do yourself injustices all over, Michelle. Your photographs are inspiring and jam packed with an artistic talent that simply oozes from every pixel.
You have a cranky eye that sees things where others would not give a second glance, and the skills to capture that moment in a way that others would not think of.
Your work is always interesting, always thought provoking, and always worth more than a casual glance. Your work is a reflection of your personality; offbeat, deep and profound.
You can spot beauty in everything.................except yourself. Have another look at yourself Michelle; the rest of us can see it.
I heart you!!!"
May 16th, 2008
K. Linehan says:
"Michelle is a brilliant photographer! Her images are simply breathtaking! I love just seeing what she will post next because she doesn't have just one genre that she likes to stick with, she shoots EVERYTHING! And everything she posts is simply extraordinary!! I love her works! You need to find 20 free minutes to sit and look through her work... I promise you won't be disappointed! It's full of some of the most awe-inspiring work!"
May 3rd, 2008
Michelle Avendaño says:
"YOU ROCK MICHELLE!!
PS: you have a pretty name too ;)"
March 26th, 2008
Smiles Are Free says:
"Michelle co-admins a group with me called ACG -- Another Challenge Group. She is really on top of her game and takes amazing photos. Her sense of humor and warmth are so apparant in her photos and she is diamond of a flickr contact. I love this lady!! Anyone who calls her a contact will also call her a friend."
January 28th, 2008
"A lovely Girl with a great sense of humour! I'm sure Michelle will go far as a photographer. You saw her here first!"
October 13th, 2007
"Michelle and Finbarr , a nice couple with large hearts ! Thanks for your support and comments + nice talking about life and everything !"
June 16th, 2007
- February 2007
- Dublin, Ireland
- I am:
- Female and Taken