twenty-two year old girl living and photographing in new york city.
actions + clothing shop
Please keep in mind that while I read all messages sent on flickr, I do not always respond in a timely manner or at all. If you have an important question or are seeking a quick reply, please contact me via email: ROCKIE @ ROCKIENOLAN . COM
- We Are Photogroup 1,213 photos, 77 members
- HUH. Submissions 272,958 photos, 9,802 members
- Nylon Magazine 68,509 photos, 3,503 members
- i-D Magazine 97,244 photos, 4,574 members
- dreams and magic 4,951 photos, 3,182 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 619,020 photos, 47,918 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 77,452 photos, 15,286 members
- tim walker, THE photographer 336 photos, 377 members
- Lithography 3,652 photos, 493 members
- printmaking 23,338 photos, 3,512 members
- Dujour Magazine Contributor Search 3,063 photos, 232 members
- summer's youth 1,806 photos, 814 members
- Urban Outfitters 37,549 photos, 8,151 members
- FINE Magazine - Photographer Search 28,493 photos, 1,091 members
- "Film Look" From Digital 7,559 photos, 432 members
- N.E.E.T. Magazine 85,231 photos, 5,564 members
- nofound - new photographers search! 14,727 photos, 5,358 members
- Carpaccio Magazine 94,871 photos, 3,936 members
- Art Sponge (submissions) 35,106 photos, 1,900 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 628,684 photos, 26,707 members
- sensivity and the seasons ~ 1,691 photos, 392 members
- Catchy Colors 3,447,140 photos, 120,052 members
- Contraluz-Backlight-Controluce-Contre-jour-Contrallum 23,820 photos, 2,394 members
- Backlit 7,118 photos, 699 members
- -contraluz-backlighting- 6,957 photos, 645 members
- Black and White 5,871,786 photos, 283,943 members
- Black&White Photography - Congrats to the winners! 56,328 photos, 2,576 members
- INDIE AND ALTERNATIVE FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 76,782 photos, 5,425 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 228,010 photos, 20,970 members
- CUS | COMING UP STRONG 20,056 photos, 1,252 members
- black and white and dreamy 1,726 photos, 226 members
- Pelirrojas de infarto /// Impressive red-haired women 391 photos, 789 members
- Lubbock, Texas 891 photos, 167 members
- Lubbock 738 photos, 89 members
- Booooooom.com! 283,292 photos, 16,812 members
- Band Promos 29,977 photos, 7,859 members
- Upside down 829 photos, 529 members
- A Whole Lot Of Love 2,055 photos, 272 members
- Loving Couple 29,132 photos, 7,162 members
- Hugs and Kisses 682 photos, 522 members
- MY Winners Closing, now post to BLINK P1/A2 985,992 photos, 86,440 members
- SCAD - The University for Creative Careers 4,768 photos, 649 members
- Canon Teens 15,388 photos, 726 members
- BEST of the BEST Portraits 1,579 photos, 256 members
- Freckles - Sommersprossen 609 photos, 680 members
- Just Self Photo 16,891 photos, 1,301 members
- It's Beauty Captured (exclusive) 103 photos, 24 members
- Teenage Photographers 798,497 photos, 32,819 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 123,238 photos, 25,153 members
- Young Photographers 2,069,956 photos, 80,608 members
"Rockie Nolan is one of the nicest people from flickr/tumblr. Her sense of humour is hilarious and she is so fun to talk to. Her sense of style is another thing. She is always looking glamorous and it seems like she always can find the best clothes! But her photography, my god. Her photography so professional and beautiful. Her use of light and beautiful models, beautiful clothes, & beautiful locations come together to make beautiful photographs. Rockie Nolan will go so far in life, and I'm sure that her photos will be used in many publications across the world :)
16th November, 2010
Dario Castillo says:
"Rockie Nolan has developed throughout the years, as an artist and as a person. From the nostalgic self portraits posted on deviantart to subtle series posted on flickr/her website. There is a quality, a war of color happening in each time suspended that makes me want to be in it...forever. This is a beginning of a quirky artist's long creative career - witness it, or miss out."
30th August, 2010
HANNAH BANEZ says:
"I felt really honored when you added me as a contact. Your pictures are stunning, creative, and total eye candy. I love the feel and emotion of your photos. Just one glance at your photostream, and I'm already in love. I really admire your work and I feel so inspired by your pictures."
18th June, 2010
emil gombos says:
"You've basically been my biggest inspiration ever since I first started photography back in October. The way you use light and focus just amazes me. Whenever I don't know what to do with my 365 I just look back at your photostream for inspiration. Good luck with your major in photography, I'm sure you'll be extremely successful as a photographer."
18th April, 2010
"You are not only gorgeous and creative, you're just so good at what you do. I love your style, your use of light and colours, and all the details entwined in your photos.
you are the best of the best."
3rd April, 2010
"Your photostream is definitely the most stylish on flickr. The way you use light and colors amazes me. I don't know how you do it! Your pictures are just flawless and give a sense of real classy-ness and talent. Keep it up, girl!"
4th March, 2010
"ahhhh! your photos..... :)
they are beautiful. you are such an inspriation to me. whenever i feel like i fail at photography i can look at you stream and i will get a burst of creativity. you are seriously one of my favorite flickrers. i really hope you never stop going with photography. it would be a shame if you did.
21st December, 2009
Karen Sofia Colon says:
"They are stories.
Life and death and tragedies and comedies and smiles and tears and everything inbetween and everything surrounding it. It's feeling and color and little birds at your finger tips and childhood memories in your hands. Words in the warm grass and freckles on rosey cheeks.Your pictures are stories. They are dreams, the kind that make me not want to wake up. The kind that make me want to close my eyes and return to my memories. & I love them. I love your photographs. I love your creations."
7th December, 2009
"Rockie aka. the fadedfilmstrips girl is one of the most inspiring photographers I follow on flickr. Great compositions and amazing use of light. I love her warm and colorful pictures and self-portraits. A really talented girl for sure!"
26th November, 2009
"you pretty much have the most beautiful, jaw dropping, self portraits;
18th October, 2009
Ana Santos says:
"Rockie was one of my first favorite contacts. She's so creative and her pictures are so colorful and warm. Her picture of the map/sunglasses is one of my all-time favorite pictures on Flickr. Plus, she has an awesome screen name."
6th September, 2009
ting s, says:
"Rockie is such an amazing inspiration. I initially found her through Lookbook, and have been in love with her photographs and her stunning thrifted treasures ever since. What a talented girl."
17th August, 2009
.:Amanda Michelle:. says:
"Rockie just has a natural talent! Her pictures just brighten my world a bit more with every shot! Keep it up girl! You are such an inspiration!"
5th August, 2009
darcy dellera says:
"you are slowly but surely becoming one my favorite photographers here. your work is always so beautiful. you inspire me so much."
28th July, 2009
Rebecca Naen (rlnaen) says:
"I absolutely adore Rockies photography. I am blown away with each new submission. The light, composistion, colouring and subjects are always stunning. Her work is truly beautiful, and so is she."
28th July, 2009
Anastasia Volkova says:
"i absolutely in love with Rockie's photography. it seems like fresh air for me"
16th July, 2009
"i love all your pictures. :) oh btw, i found you from lookbook. :) haha."
23rd June, 2009
"i found you on deviantart a while ago.
and i love your photos so so much.
you're amazing girl"
8th June, 2009
Cody James says:
"rockie make me want to live in texas and now georgia"
9th July, 2008
- Rockie Nolan
- August 2007
- new york
- I am:
- Female and Single