twenty-two year old girl living and photographing in new york city.
actions + clothing shop
Please keep in mind that while I read all messages sent on flickr, I do not always respond in a timely manner or at all. If you have an important question or are seeking a quick reply, please contact me via email: ROCKIE @ ROCKIENOLAN . COM
- We Are Photogroup 1,417 photos, 80 members
- HUH. Submissions 359,033 photos, 11,322 members
- Nylon Magazine 94,962 photos, 3,994 members
- i-D Magazine 127,098 photos, 5,105 members
- dreams and magic 4,519 photos, 3,187 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 718,935 photos, 52,332 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 79,914 photos, 15,364 members
- tim walker, THE photographer 318 photos, 389 members
- Lithography 4,086 photos, 536 members
- printmaking 25,176 photos, 3,613 members
- Dujour Magazine Contributor Search 5,068 photos, 279 members
- summer's youth 1,759 photos, 849 members
- Urban Outfitters 33,007 photos, 8,162 members
- FINE Magazine - Photographer Search 79,235 photos, 2,104 members
- "Film Look" From Digital 17,317 photos, 728 members
- N.E.E.T. Magazine 115,656 photos, 6,218 members
- nofound - new photographers search! 13,678 photos, 5,313 members
- Carpaccio Magazine 122,628 photos, 4,440 members
- Art Sponge (submissions) 43,736 photos, 1,963 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 816,714 photos, 30,453 members
- sensivity and the seasons ~ 1,545 photos, 392 members
- !Catchy Colors 4,078,873 photos, 160,965 members
- Contraluz-Backlight-Controluce-Contre-jour-Contrallum 24,254 photos, 2,366 members
- Backlit 9,938 photos, 798 members
- -contraluz-backlighting- 7,523 photos, 699 members
- Black and White 6,861,194 photos, 338,816 members
- Black&White Photography - Congrats to the winners! 93,884 photos, 4,148 members
- INDIE AND ALTERNATIVE FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 87,809 photos, 5,797 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 267,395 photos, 22,749 members
- CUS Photo 25,494 photos, 1,543 members
- black and white and dreamy 2,277 photos, 258 members
- Pelirrojas de infarto /// Impressive red-haired women 376 photos, 760 members
- Lubbock, Texas 1,182 photos, 194 members
- Lubbock 798 photos, 94 members
- Booooooom.com! 355,662 photos, 18,299 members
- Band Promos 31,271 photos, 8,198 members
- Upside down 938 photos, 558 members
- A Whole Lot Of Love 2,531 photos, 283 members
- Loving Couple 31,849 photos, 7,707 members
- Hugs and Kisses 731 photos, 517 members
- SCAD - The University for Creative Careers 4,813 photos, 659 members
- Canon Teens 16,193 photos, 754 members
- BEST of the BEST Portraits 1,509 photos, 249 members
- Freckles - Sommersprossen 541 photos, 722 members
- Just Self Photo 18,531 photos, 1,378 members
- It's Beauty Captured (exclusive) 890 photos, 29 members
- Teenage Photographers 867,065 photos, 34,665 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 124,906 photos, 27,978 members
- Young Photographers 2,775,216 photos, 103,351 members
- canon photography 4,849,491 photos, 94,175 members
"Rockie Nolan is one of the nicest people from flickr/tumblr. Her sense of humour is hilarious and she is so fun to talk to. Her sense of style is another thing. She is always looking glamorous and it seems like she always can find the best clothes! But her photography, my god. Her photography so professional and beautiful. Her use of light and beautiful models, beautiful clothes, & beautiful locations come together to make beautiful photographs. Rockie Nolan will go so far in life, and I'm sure that her photos will be used in many publications across the world :)
November 16th, 2010
Dario Castillo says:
"Rockie Nolan has developed throughout the years, as an artist and as a person. From the nostalgic self portraits posted on deviantart to subtle series posted on flickr/her website. There is a quality, a war of color happening in each time suspended that makes me want to be in it...forever. This is a beginning of a quirky artist's long creative career - witness it, or miss out."
August 30th, 2010
HANNAH BANEZ says:
"I felt really honored when you added me as a contact. Your pictures are stunning, creative, and total eye candy. I love the feel and emotion of your photos. Just one glance at your photostream, and I'm already in love. I really admire your work and I feel so inspired by your pictures."
June 18th, 2010
emil gombos says:
"You've basically been my biggest inspiration ever since I first started photography back in October. The way you use light and focus just amazes me. Whenever I don't know what to do with my 365 I just look back at your photostream for inspiration. Good luck with your major in photography, I'm sure you'll be extremely successful as a photographer."
April 18th, 2010
"You are not only gorgeous and creative, you're just so good at what you do. I love your style, your use of light and colours, and all the details entwined in your photos.
you are the best of the best."
April 3rd, 2010
"Your photostream is definitely the most stylish on flickr. The way you use light and colors amazes me. I don't know how you do it! Your pictures are just flawless and give a sense of real classy-ness and talent. Keep it up, girl!"
March 4th, 2010
"ahhhh! your photos..... :)
they are beautiful. you are such an inspriation to me. whenever i feel like i fail at photography i can look at you stream and i will get a burst of creativity. you are seriously one of my favorite flickrers. i really hope you never stop going with photography. it would be a shame if you did.
December 21st, 2009
Karen Sofia Colon says:
"They are stories.
Life and death and tragedies and comedies and smiles and tears and everything inbetween and everything surrounding it. It's feeling and color and little birds at your finger tips and childhood memories in your hands. Words in the warm grass and freckles on rosey cheeks.Your pictures are stories. They are dreams, the kind that make me not want to wake up. The kind that make me want to close my eyes and return to my memories. & I love them. I love your photographs. I love your creations."
December 7th, 2009
"Rockie aka. the fadedfilmstrips girl is one of the most inspiring photographers I follow on flickr. Great compositions and amazing use of light. I love her warm and colorful pictures and self-portraits. A really talented girl for sure!"
November 26th, 2009
"you pretty much have the most beautiful, jaw dropping, self portraits;
October 18th, 2009
Ana Santos says:
"Rockie was one of my first favorite contacts. She's so creative and her pictures are so colorful and warm. Her picture of the map/sunglasses is one of my all-time favorite pictures on Flickr. Plus, she has an awesome screen name."
September 6th, 2009
ting s, says:
"Rockie is such an amazing inspiration. I initially found her through Lookbook, and have been in love with her photographs and her stunning thrifted treasures ever since. What a talented girl."
August 17th, 2009
.:Amanda Michelle:. says:
"Rockie just has a natural talent! Her pictures just brighten my world a bit more with every shot! Keep it up girl! You are such an inspiration!"
August 5th, 2009
darcy dellera says:
"you are slowly but surely becoming one my favorite photographers here. your work is always so beautiful. you inspire me so much."
July 28th, 2009
Rebecca Naen (rlnaen) says:
"I absolutely adore Rockies photography. I am blown away with each new submission. The light, composistion, colouring and subjects are always stunning. Her work is truly beautiful, and so is she."
July 28th, 2009
Anastasia Volkova says:
"i absolutely in love with Rockie's photography. it seems like fresh air for me"
July 16th, 2009
"i love all your pictures. :) oh btw, i found you from lookbook. :) haha."
June 23rd, 2009
"i found you on deviantart a while ago.
and i love your photos so so much.
you're amazing girl"
June 8th, 2009
Cody James says:
"rockie make me want to live in texas and now georgia"
July 9th, 2008
- Rockie Nolan
- August 2007
- new york
- I am:
- Female and Single