twenty-two year old girl living and photographing in new york city.
actions + clothing shop
Please keep in mind that while I read all messages sent on flickr, I do not always respond in a timely manner or at all. If you have an important question or are seeking a quick reply, please contact me via email: ROCKIE @ ROCKIENOLAN . COM
- We Are Photogroup 1,414 photos, 80 members
- HUH. Submissions 349,610 photos, 11,181 members
- Nylon Magazine 92,060 photos, 3,965 members
- i-D Magazine 123,571 photos, 5,039 members
- dreams and magic 4,530 photos, 3,181 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 707,985 photos, 51,862 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 79,669 photos, 15,345 members
- tim walker, THE photographer 319 photos, 388 members
- Lithography 4,001 photos, 525 members
- printmaking 24,997 photos, 3,601 members
- Dujour Magazine Contributor Search 4,759 photos, 271 members
- summer's youth 1,761 photos, 848 members
- Urban Outfitters 33,340 photos, 8,168 members
- FINE Magazine - Photographer Search 73,432 photos, 2,017 members
- "Film Look" From Digital 16,440 photos, 696 members
- N.E.E.T. Magazine 112,043 photos, 6,177 members
- nofound - new photographers search! 13,694 photos, 5,324 members
- Carpaccio Magazine 119,454 photos, 4,399 members
- Art Sponge (submissions) 42,972 photos, 1,966 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 795,570 photos, 30,118 members
- sensivity and the seasons ~ 1,550 photos, 391 members
- !Catchy Colors 3,968,323 photos, 154,645 members
- Contraluz-Backlight-Controluce-Contre-jour-Contrallum 24,496 photos, 2,368 members
- Backlit 9,686 photos, 787 members
- -contraluz-backlighting- 7,672 photos, 688 members
- Black and White 6,768,731 photos, 333,399 members
- Black&White Photography - Congrats to the winners! 86,504 photos, 3,849 members
- INDIE AND ALTERNATIVE FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 86,871 photos, 5,778 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 264,066 photos, 22,566 members
- CUS Photo 24,742 photos, 1,524 members
- black and white and dreamy 2,237 photos, 252 members
- Pelirrojas de infarto /// Impressive red-haired women 386 photos, 763 members
- Lubbock, Texas 1,153 photos, 189 members
- Lubbock 792 photos, 93 members
- Booooooom.com! 347,475 photos, 18,177 members
- Band Promos 31,174 photos, 8,167 members
- Upside down 925 photos, 555 members
- A Whole Lot Of Love 2,455 photos, 283 members
- Loving Couple 31,502 photos, 7,653 members
- Hugs and Kisses 708 photos, 518 members
- SCAD - The University for Creative Careers 4,804 photos, 658 members
- Canon Teens 16,007 photos, 753 members
- BEST of the BEST Portraits 1,517 photos, 249 members
- Freckles - Sommersprossen 551 photos, 713 members
- Just Self Photo 18,350 photos, 1,377 members
- It's Beauty Captured (exclusive) 890 photos, 29 members
- Teenage Photographers 861,115 photos, 34,527 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 124,614 photos, 27,627 members
- Young Photographers 2,680,864 photos, 100,741 members
- canon photography 4,651,094 photos, 90,926 members
"Rockie Nolan is one of the nicest people from flickr/tumblr. Her sense of humour is hilarious and she is so fun to talk to. Her sense of style is another thing. She is always looking glamorous and it seems like she always can find the best clothes! But her photography, my god. Her photography so professional and beautiful. Her use of light and beautiful models, beautiful clothes, & beautiful locations come together to make beautiful photographs. Rockie Nolan will go so far in life, and I'm sure that her photos will be used in many publications across the world :)
November 16th, 2010
Dario Castillo says:
"Rockie Nolan has developed throughout the years, as an artist and as a person. From the nostalgic self portraits posted on deviantart to subtle series posted on flickr/her website. There is a quality, a war of color happening in each time suspended that makes me want to be in it...forever. This is a beginning of a quirky artist's long creative career - witness it, or miss out."
August 30th, 2010
HANNAH BANEZ says:
"I felt really honored when you added me as a contact. Your pictures are stunning, creative, and total eye candy. I love the feel and emotion of your photos. Just one glance at your photostream, and I'm already in love. I really admire your work and I feel so inspired by your pictures."
June 18th, 2010
emil gombos says:
"You've basically been my biggest inspiration ever since I first started photography back in October. The way you use light and focus just amazes me. Whenever I don't know what to do with my 365 I just look back at your photostream for inspiration. Good luck with your major in photography, I'm sure you'll be extremely successful as a photographer."
April 18th, 2010
"You are not only gorgeous and creative, you're just so good at what you do. I love your style, your use of light and colours, and all the details entwined in your photos.
you are the best of the best."
April 3rd, 2010
"Your photostream is definitely the most stylish on flickr. The way you use light and colors amazes me. I don't know how you do it! Your pictures are just flawless and give a sense of real classy-ness and talent. Keep it up, girl!"
March 4th, 2010
"ahhhh! your photos..... :)
they are beautiful. you are such an inspriation to me. whenever i feel like i fail at photography i can look at you stream and i will get a burst of creativity. you are seriously one of my favorite flickrers. i really hope you never stop going with photography. it would be a shame if you did.
December 21st, 2009
Karen Sofia Colon says:
"They are stories.
Life and death and tragedies and comedies and smiles and tears and everything inbetween and everything surrounding it. It's feeling and color and little birds at your finger tips and childhood memories in your hands. Words in the warm grass and freckles on rosey cheeks.Your pictures are stories. They are dreams, the kind that make me not want to wake up. The kind that make me want to close my eyes and return to my memories. & I love them. I love your photographs. I love your creations."
December 7th, 2009
"Rockie aka. the fadedfilmstrips girl is one of the most inspiring photographers I follow on flickr. Great compositions and amazing use of light. I love her warm and colorful pictures and self-portraits. A really talented girl for sure!"
November 26th, 2009
"you pretty much have the most beautiful, jaw dropping, self portraits;
October 18th, 2009
Ana Santos says:
"Rockie was one of my first favorite contacts. She's so creative and her pictures are so colorful and warm. Her picture of the map/sunglasses is one of my all-time favorite pictures on Flickr. Plus, she has an awesome screen name."
September 6th, 2009
ting s, says:
"Rockie is such an amazing inspiration. I initially found her through Lookbook, and have been in love with her photographs and her stunning thrifted treasures ever since. What a talented girl."
August 17th, 2009
.:Amanda Michelle:. says:
"Rockie just has a natural talent! Her pictures just brighten my world a bit more with every shot! Keep it up girl! You are such an inspiration!"
August 5th, 2009
darcy dellera says:
"you are slowly but surely becoming one my favorite photographers here. your work is always so beautiful. you inspire me so much."
July 28th, 2009
Rebecca Naen (rlnaen) says:
"I absolutely adore Rockies photography. I am blown away with each new submission. The light, composistion, colouring and subjects are always stunning. Her work is truly beautiful, and so is she."
July 28th, 2009
Anastasia Volkova says:
"i absolutely in love with Rockie's photography. it seems like fresh air for me"
July 16th, 2009
"i love all your pictures. :) oh btw, i found you from lookbook. :) haha."
June 23rd, 2009
"i found you on deviantart a while ago.
and i love your photos so so much.
you're amazing girl"
June 8th, 2009
Cody James says:
"rockie make me want to live in texas and now georgia"
July 9th, 2008
- Rockie Nolan
- August 2007
- new york
- I am:
- Female and Single