twenty-two year old girl living and photographing in new york city.
actions + clothing shop
Please keep in mind that while I read all messages sent on flickr, I do not always respond in a timely manner or at all. If you have an important question or are seeking a quick reply, please contact me via email: ROCKIE @ ROCKIENOLAN . COM
- We Are Photogroup 1,392 photos, 79 members
- HUH. Submissions 342,594 photos, 11,102 members
- Nylon Magazine 89,764 photos, 3,946 members
- i-D Magazine 122,273 photos, 5,014 members
- dreams and magic 4,532 photos, 3,181 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 700,365 photos, 51,546 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 79,479 photos, 15,353 members
- tim walker, THE photographer 325 photos, 389 members
- Lithography 3,963 photos, 522 members
- printmaking 24,887 photos, 3,593 members
- Dujour Magazine Contributor Search 4,567 photos, 269 members
- summer's youth 1,756 photos, 845 members
- Urban Outfitters 33,510 photos, 8,166 members
- FINE Magazine - Photographer Search 68,787 photos, 1,937 members
- "Film Look" From Digital 15,868 photos, 684 members
- N.E.E.T. Magazine 109,778 photos, 6,144 members
- nofound - new photographers search! 13,733 photos, 5,325 members
- Carpaccio Magazine 117,369 photos, 4,387 members
- Art Sponge (submissions) 42,098 photos, 1,964 members
- Dazed and Confused - New Photographer Search 781,340 photos, 29,886 members
- sensivity and the seasons ~ 1,553 photos, 392 members
- !Catchy Colors 3,879,576 photos, 150,898 members
- Contraluz-Backlight-Controluce-Contre-jour-Contrallum 24,374 photos, 2,368 members
- Backlit 9,506 photos, 779 members
- -contraluz-backlighting- 7,588 photos, 675 members
- Black and White 6,698,812 photos, 329,965 members
- Black&White Photography - Congrats to the winners! 82,097 photos, 3,637 members
- INDIE AND ALTERNATIVE FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 86,609 photos, 5,768 members
- FASHION EDITORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY (Critique) 261,144 photos, 22,437 members
- CUS Photo 24,599 photos, 1,501 members
- black and white and dreamy 2,175 photos, 249 members
- Pelirrojas de infarto /// Impressive red-haired women 386 photos, 764 members
- Lubbock, Texas 1,134 photos, 187 members
- Lubbock 789 photos, 93 members
- Booooooom.com! 341,144 photos, 18,091 members
- Band Promos 31,044 photos, 8,143 members
- Upside down 915 photos, 552 members
- A Whole Lot Of Love 2,411 photos, 283 members
- Loving Couple 31,635 photos, 7,608 members
- Hugs and Kisses 702 photos, 518 members
- SCAD - The University for Creative Careers 4,799 photos, 660 members
- Canon Teens 15,908 photos, 750 members
- BEST of the BEST Portraits 1,518 photos, 249 members
- Freckles - Sommersprossen 551 photos, 709 members
- Just Self Photo 18,436 photos, 1,375 members
- It's Beauty Captured (exclusive) 888 photos, 30 members
- Teenage Photographers 856,300 photos, 34,423 members
- Diptychs - two is better than one! 124,389 photos, 27,343 members
- Young Photographers 2,619,768 photos, 98,872 members
- canon photography 4,523,139 photos, 88,712 members
"Rockie Nolan is one of the nicest people from flickr/tumblr. Her sense of humour is hilarious and she is so fun to talk to. Her sense of style is another thing. She is always looking glamorous and it seems like she always can find the best clothes! But her photography, my god. Her photography so professional and beautiful. Her use of light and beautiful models, beautiful clothes, & beautiful locations come together to make beautiful photographs. Rockie Nolan will go so far in life, and I'm sure that her photos will be used in many publications across the world :)
November 16th, 2010
Dario Castillo says:
"Rockie Nolan has developed throughout the years, as an artist and as a person. From the nostalgic self portraits posted on deviantart to subtle series posted on flickr/her website. There is a quality, a war of color happening in each time suspended that makes me want to be in it...forever. This is a beginning of a quirky artist's long creative career - witness it, or miss out."
August 30th, 2010
HANNAH BANEZ says:
"I felt really honored when you added me as a contact. Your pictures are stunning, creative, and total eye candy. I love the feel and emotion of your photos. Just one glance at your photostream, and I'm already in love. I really admire your work and I feel so inspired by your pictures."
June 18th, 2010
emil gombos says:
"You've basically been my biggest inspiration ever since I first started photography back in October. The way you use light and focus just amazes me. Whenever I don't know what to do with my 365 I just look back at your photostream for inspiration. Good luck with your major in photography, I'm sure you'll be extremely successful as a photographer."
April 18th, 2010
"You are not only gorgeous and creative, you're just so good at what you do. I love your style, your use of light and colours, and all the details entwined in your photos.
you are the best of the best."
April 3rd, 2010
"Your photostream is definitely the most stylish on flickr. The way you use light and colors amazes me. I don't know how you do it! Your pictures are just flawless and give a sense of real classy-ness and talent. Keep it up, girl!"
March 4th, 2010
"ahhhh! your photos..... :)
they are beautiful. you are such an inspriation to me. whenever i feel like i fail at photography i can look at you stream and i will get a burst of creativity. you are seriously one of my favorite flickrers. i really hope you never stop going with photography. it would be a shame if you did.
December 21st, 2009
Karen Sofia Colon says:
"They are stories.
Life and death and tragedies and comedies and smiles and tears and everything inbetween and everything surrounding it. It's feeling and color and little birds at your finger tips and childhood memories in your hands. Words in the warm grass and freckles on rosey cheeks.Your pictures are stories. They are dreams, the kind that make me not want to wake up. The kind that make me want to close my eyes and return to my memories. & I love them. I love your photographs. I love your creations."
December 7th, 2009
"Rockie aka. the fadedfilmstrips girl is one of the most inspiring photographers I follow on flickr. Great compositions and amazing use of light. I love her warm and colorful pictures and self-portraits. A really talented girl for sure!"
November 26th, 2009
"you pretty much have the most beautiful, jaw dropping, self portraits;
October 18th, 2009
Ana Santos says:
"Rockie was one of my first favorite contacts. She's so creative and her pictures are so colorful and warm. Her picture of the map/sunglasses is one of my all-time favorite pictures on Flickr. Plus, she has an awesome screen name."
September 6th, 2009
ting s, says:
"Rockie is such an amazing inspiration. I initially found her through Lookbook, and have been in love with her photographs and her stunning thrifted treasures ever since. What a talented girl."
August 17th, 2009
.:Amanda Michelle:. says:
"Rockie just has a natural talent! Her pictures just brighten my world a bit more with every shot! Keep it up girl! You are such an inspiration!"
August 5th, 2009
darcy dellera says:
"you are slowly but surely becoming one my favorite photographers here. your work is always so beautiful. you inspire me so much."
July 28th, 2009
Rebecca Naen (rlnaen) says:
"I absolutely adore Rockies photography. I am blown away with each new submission. The light, composistion, colouring and subjects are always stunning. Her work is truly beautiful, and so is she."
July 28th, 2009
Anastasia Volkova says:
"i absolutely in love with Rockie's photography. it seems like fresh air for me"
July 16th, 2009
"i love all your pictures. :) oh btw, i found you from lookbook. :) haha."
June 23rd, 2009
"i found you on deviantart a while ago.
and i love your photos so so much.
you're amazing girl"
June 8th, 2009
Cody James says:
"rockie make me want to live in texas and now georgia"
July 9th, 2008
- Rockie Nolan
- August 2007
- new york
- I am:
- Female and Single