Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.~Timothy Leary
Name a place & Alane Golden's probably been there… photographed that! Camera-in-hand at the tender age of three, it didn’t take long for this wonder-kid’s work to be thrust into the national spotlight.
At 15, she won a coveted spot in the S.C. Governor’s Traveling Artist Series, where her artwork was featured in a year long, 50-state tour, cumulating in a final art exhibition at the White House.
A thirst for international affairs found then 19 year old Golden with another award – this time in academics. As a participant of the USC’s International Programs for Student's exchange program, she attended Teesside University in the UK - earning a double-degree in English Literature & European History. While there, she volunteered for the British Red Cross & later living in Zurich, Switzerland.
Early awards included: a national First Place for “Best Print Ad” by the College Media Advisers (CMA); a First Place “Best Advertising Campaign” at the Southern University Newspapers (SUN) Conference and a First Place “Best Advertisement” from the South Carolina Press Association – all before turning 21.
After receiving her BA in Journalism, Alane moved to Australia, where she was a Creative Director in Sydney. After returning to the U.S. in 2000, she's since worked as a freelance artist in NYC, LA and the Pacific northwest. The product of a conservative retired NY Special Forces Green Beret Paratrooper and an even more disciplined S.C. schoolteacher, Alane was “raised right” in the deep south.
To say this background - as well as over a decade of inter/national live, work & study experience - helps make this editorial photographer’s perspective as unique as it is diverse, would be a massive understatement. In short, you can't pigeonhole this Golden girl.
Since 2001, among other subjects, Golden has documented countless protests / political events nationwide. Other work includes an ongoing photography series entitled, “N8TV”- a colorful visual story on the life of modern-day North American American Indian / Alaska Natives.
A joint photography / marketing campaign for American Apparel led legendary Steve Hall to hail Golden as one of the “top marketing & PR gurus in the U.S.” Her background as a trained artist combines seamlessly, creating a mixed-medium extravaganza of a hip-and-on-the-cutting-edge-technology breadth of work.
From the cover of, “Honey It’s Ok to Marry an Ugly Man”…to the N.Y. Public Library… to photography featured in Times Square for General Electric to editorial work and features in various books & design blogs and non-profit campaigns, her imprint is everywhere. A must know & a figure to watch.
Thank you for the time, clicks and comments.
Aren't you Curious? Find Alane Golden via eyewash IN THE SOCIAL MEDIA SCAPE:
fan eyewash on facebook: www.facebook.com/eyewashdesign
follow eyewash on Pinterest: pinterest.com/eyewashdesign/
follow eyewash on twitter: twitter.com/eyewashdesign
Catch Artist on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=25357201&trk=tab_pro
join the flickr eyewash group : www.flickr.com/groups/eyewashdesign/
eyewash design on etsy: www.eyewashdesign.etsy.com/
Photos of eyewashdesign: A. Golden (12)
- 20 Years of AmeriCorps 1,034 photos, 140 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 400,690 photos, 103,452 members
- Banksters 82 photos, 23 members
- interni&design 2,276 photos, 183 members
- Topaz Software 184,754 photos, 6,505 members
- Illuniverse 922 photos, 505 members
- We Shall Remain: Behind the Scenes 46 photos, 9 members
- Project Weather 623,435 photos, 93,054 members
- Sew, Mama, Sew! 114,800 photos, 8,938 members
- #OccupyTheGlobe 470 photos, 53 members
- SCRAP SF Creative Reuse Projects 107 photos, 114 members
- FlickrCentric 71 photos, 230 members
- Design Public Peeps 13 photos, 248 members
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (Official) 6,213 photos, 2,594 members
- E-POW-WOW 2,158 photos, 332 members
- ReUse Project 4: REUSE & RESIST! 759 photos, 763 members
- Loovinit // Design & Style 13,016 photos, 1,575 members
- KOLEO the Graffiti/Street Artist 304 photos, 211 members
- My Funky Home 9,842 photos, 832 members
- Global Youth Service Day 1,838 photos, 360 members
- National Service Social Media 25 photos, 3 members
- CCC, Civilian Conservation Corps Photos 594 photos, 82 members
- Retro Kitchens in Aqua, Pink & Yellow 2,142 photos, 912 members
- Moderncat Gallery Submissions 197 photos, 67 members
- VISTA: "V is for..." 312 photos, 189 members
- ReUse Project 3 289 photos, 1,015 members
- Vintage Toys: Lost & Found~ 2,203 photos, 223 members
- Flickr Social Club 1,705,592 photos, 38,801 members
- Spot News Photojournalism 1,957 photos, 108 members
- What's on your shelves? 7,885 photos, 1,137 members
- Artist's Houses and Gardens 8,633 photos, 423 members
- Pink Mania 5,235 photos, 646 members
- Flickr United (Award 3) 919,018 photos, 22,163 members
- The Biggest Group! - Playground For Psychotics 995,718 photos, 8,100 members
- Unemploymentality 25 photos, 11 members
- I ♥ Books 1,746 photos, 484 members
- twitter 5,186 photos, 236 members
- The American West (post 1 ~ award 1) 74,122 photos, 2,295 members
- Twitterazzi 420 photos, 136 members
- American Pow Wow 6,024 photos, 526 members
- Gilbert Rohde - Modern Designs 1,633 photos, 83 members
- Whimsical Architecture 2,056 photos, 344 members
- DISOBEY: Global Civil Disobedience Thru Public Art Action 21 photos, 931 members
- Human-Interest 17,701 photos, 1,260 members
- Israel-Iran-Palestine 381 photos, 152 members
- Stop The War 3,346 photos, 572 members
- Environment 54,357 photos, 2,408 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 417 photos, 1,073 members
- www.danceparade.org 772 photos, 65 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 127,835 photos, 17,980 members
Fatima Mint says:
"i ve always been a fan
yea the pictures are fuckin
awsome espicailly when
i am high i cant get enough
lol but yea eyewash
photos inspire me and if
you can inspire that means
yuor good at what you do
haha acutlly if you can inspire anyone
July 21st, 2008
Lambday @ Paint says:
"- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
thx a lot for all comments..
it helps me a lot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -"
January 8th, 2008
"It took a Cardinal for me to find Alane's wonderful photostream. I think her body of work has a singularity to it that can only come from a New York artist. I will visit often. Now if I could only afford to rent your loft!"
December 27th, 2006
halting committee says:
"corvid73 is a peach of a photographer. i enjoy her sense of humor as well as her pictures."
November 9th, 2006
"the variety and detail of your body of work speaks to the fact that you truly love what you are doing, and do so with an energy and imigination unparalled by few"
August 28th, 2005
- Alane Golden
- August 2005
- Charleston, SC
- New York, United States
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Mixed-medium Designer
- agolden [at] eyewashdesign.com