Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.~Timothy Leary
Name a place & Alane Golden's probably been there… photographed that! Camera-in-hand at the tender age of three, it didn’t take long for this wonder-kid’s work to be thrust into the national spotlight.
At 15, she won a coveted spot in the S.C. Governor’s Traveling Artist Series, where her artwork was featured in a year long, 50-state tour, cumulating in a final art exhibition at the White House.
A thirst for international affairs found then 19 year old Golden with another award – this time in academics. As a participant of the USC’s International Programs for Student's exchange program, she attended Teesside University in the UK - earning a double-degree in English Literature & European History. While there, she volunteered for the British Red Cross & later living in Zurich, Switzerland.
Early awards included: a national First Place for “Best Print Ad” by the College Media Advisers (CMA); a First Place “Best Advertising Campaign” at the Southern University Newspapers (SUN) Conference and a First Place “Best Advertisement” from the South Carolina Press Association – all before turning 21.
After receiving her BA in Journalism, Alane moved to Australia, where she was a Creative Director in Sydney. After returning to the U.S. in 2000, she's since worked as a freelance artist in NYC, LA and the Pacific northwest. The product of a conservative retired NY Special Forces Green Beret Paratrooper and an even more disciplined S.C. schoolteacher, Alane was “raised right” in the deep south.
To say this background - as well as over a decade of inter/national live, work & study experience - helps make this editorial photographer’s perspective as unique as it is diverse, would be a massive understatement. In short, you can't pigeonhole this Golden girl.
Since 2001, among other subjects, Golden has documented countless protests / political events nationwide. Other work includes an ongoing photography series entitled, “N8TV”- a colorful visual story on the life of modern-day North American American Indian / Alaska Natives.
A joint photography / marketing campaign for American Apparel led legendary Steve Hall to hail Golden as one of the “top marketing & PR gurus in the U.S.” Her background as a trained artist combines seamlessly, creating a mixed-medium extravaganza of a hip-and-on-the-cutting-edge-technology breadth of work.
From the cover of, “Honey It’s Ok to Marry an Ugly Man”…to the N.Y. Public Library… to photography featured in Times Square for General Electric to editorial work and features in various books & design blogs and non-profit campaigns, her imprint is everywhere. A must know & a figure to watch.
Thank you for the time, clicks and comments.
Aren't you Curious? Find Alane Golden via eyewash IN THE SOCIAL MEDIA SCAPE:
fan eyewash on facebook: www.facebook.com/eyewashdesign
follow eyewash on Pinterest: pinterest.com/eyewashdesign/
follow eyewash on twitter: twitter.com/eyewashdesign
Catch Artist on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=25357201&trk=tab_pro
join the flickr eyewash group : www.flickr.com/groups/eyewashdesign/
eyewash design on etsy: www.eyewashdesign.etsy.com/
Photos of eyewashdesign: A. Golden (12)
- 20 Years of AmeriCorps 1,033 photos, 143 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 407,734 photos, 105,239 members
- Banksters 81 photos, 24 members
- interni&design 2,233 photos, 164 members
- Topaz Software 169,282 photos, 6,517 members
- Illuniverse 877 photos, 513 members
- We Shall Remain: Behind the Scenes 46 photos, 8 members
- Project Weather 639,985 photos, 94,122 members
- Sew, Mama, Sew! 114,563 photos, 9,013 members
- #OccupyTheGlobe 475 photos, 53 members
- SCRAP SF Creative Reuse Projects 104 photos, 114 members
- FlickrCentric 71 photos, 235 members
- Design Public Peeps 13 photos, 250 members
- MoMA The Museum of Modern Art (Official) 5,680 photos, 2,564 members
- E-POW-WOW 2,086 photos, 309 members
- ReUse Project 4: REUSE & RESIST! 761 photos, 776 members
- Loovinit // Design & Style 13,246 photos, 1,572 members
- KOLEO the Graffiti/Street Artist 303 photos, 219 members
- My Funky Home 9,636 photos, 831 members
- Global Youth Service Day 1,838 photos, 360 members
- National Service Social Media 25 photos, 4 members
- CCC, Civilian Conservation Corps Photos 520 photos, 69 members
- Retro Kitchens in Aqua, Pink & Yellow 2,195 photos, 908 members
- Moderncat Gallery Submissions 197 photos, 68 members
- VISTA: "V is for..." 314 photos, 191 members
- ReUse Project 3 297 photos, 1,027 members
- Vintage Toys: Lost & Found~ 1,784 photos, 208 members
- Flickr Social Club 1,544,826 photos, 38,324 members
- Spot News Photojournalism 1,946 photos, 106 members
- What's on your shelves? 7,773 photos, 1,153 members
- Artist's Houses and Gardens 8,443 photos, 426 members
- Pink Mania 4,986 photos, 635 members
- Flickr United (Award 3) 790,717 photos, 21,743 members
- The Biggest Group! - Playground For Psychotics 861,308 photos, 8,043 members
- Unemploymentality 33 photos, 13 members
- I ♥ Books 1,717 photos, 475 members
- twitter 4,309 photos, 237 members
- The American West (post 1 ~ award 1) 69,280 photos, 2,244 members
- Twitterazzi 417 photos, 139 members
- American Pow Wow 6,049 photos, 496 members
- Gilbert Rohde - Modern Designs 1,635 photos, 85 members
- Whimsical Architecture 1,796 photos, 333 members
- DISOBEY: Global Civil Disobedience Thru Public Art Action 21 photos, 941 members
- Human-Interest 18,366 photos, 1,252 members
- Israel-Iran-Palestine 383 photos, 153 members
- Stop The War 3,333 photos, 571 members
- Environment 48,336 photos, 2,374 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 467 photos, 1,079 members
- www.danceparade.org 676 photos, 58 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 126,864 photos, 18,129 members
Fatima Mint says:
"i ve always been a fan
yea the pictures are fuckin
awsome espicailly when
i am high i cant get enough
lol but yea eyewash
photos inspire me and if
you can inspire that means
yuor good at what you do
haha acutlly if you can inspire anyone
July 21st, 2008
Lambday @ Paint says:
"- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
thx a lot for all comments..
it helps me a lot.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -"
January 8th, 2008
"It took a Cardinal for me to find Alane's wonderful photostream. I think her body of work has a singularity to it that can only come from a New York artist. I will visit often. Now if I could only afford to rent your loft!"
December 27th, 2006
"corvid73 is a peach of a photographer. i enjoy her sense of humor as well as her pictures."
November 9th, 2006
"the variety and detail of your body of work speaks to the fact that you truly love what you are doing, and do so with an energy and imigination unparalled by few"
August 28th, 2005
- Alane Golden
- August 2005
- Charleston, SC
- New York, United States
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Mixed-medium Designer
- agolden [at] eyewashdesign.com