I am very outgoing and enjoy photography . sports is big on my time.
I am fluent in English french(conversational) and sign language to a point.
I currently use a canon eos 5d mark 3, 7d and a 40d .
I live in coal harbour in Vancouver.
Notice: Please respect my work as I do others. All Photos Copyright © Eyesplash Photography.
None of these photographs may be reproduced and/or used publicly in any way without written authorization. If you have any comments, suggestions or a request, or are interested in downloading images please contact me via FlickrMail or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Copyright Information: all rights reserved
All images on this flickr stream and/or originating from this stream are copyrighted " no image may be used for any purpose without prior permission given by me. The images are protected by American and international copyright law.
Please ask for permission if you wish to use any of my images.
If you download, blog, use or distribute any of my images in any unauthorized way, be it in a commercial or non-commercial environment without prior permission by me then I will take action to protect my interests and you will be fully liable to fines / liquidated damages.
Before you contact me to ask for permission, please consider the following: No free photos from me for commercial projects.
And think twice before you start writing your request with something like this:
1. "Sorry, we've just started and don't have money to...": If you don't have money to invest, then don't start new projects. Simply as that. Period.
2. "Our website / project is non-commercial...": Sounds good. But remember: a magazine with ads is commercial; a website with ads is commercial. If there is any form of generating revenues on your website / in your magazine, then it's commercial, even if you use these revenues only to run the website / publish the magazine.
If you are are really working for a charitable organization, please let me know - and provide proof.
3. "We will give you credits / we gladly put your name on the photo": Sure you do. But that's not the "generous offer" you may believe it is. Because: It's your legal obligation if you use other person's material. It's my legal right as the copyright owner that proper attribution is given.
So, please: don't mention something like this as a replacement for fees. And do not forget: omitting proper attribution is a legal offense and breach of licensing contract (you'll be liable to legal and contractual fines) - wrong attribution may even be treated as fraud (and is not an offense anymore - it's a felony).
4. "I'm working on a magazine / book / website / whatever.": Great for you.
For books / magazines: What title, theme, publishing company, release date, ISBN, intended print run etc.? In what size you wish to use the photo? Placement (title/rear or inside)?
For websites: Any link yet? What company / organization? Splash page or content page? How many times do you plan on running the image? How many pairs of eyes do you estimate will be seeing the image?
I can't make you an offer if you do not provide the pertinent usage details.
*The only editing i do to my film photos is cropping of slide frames that get scanned in as well. I feel that film has a natural beauty and should not be edited unless it is absolutely needed.*
A few things that should give you something to think about every time you pick up your camera for a better composition:
1. First: "What is the subject? The theme is what I want this picture to be about."
2. Second: "How can I focus attention on my subject and draw the viewer's eye to it?"
3. Third: "Have I simplified? Have I included only what draws attention to my subject, and eliminated everything that is non-essential or distracting?"
If you ask yourself why ARTISTS (Photographers, Designers, Singers, Dancers, Musicians, DJs, Tattooists, Painters, Makeup artists, or anyone who falls under the artist category) charge "so much" for services...
We don't get paid vacation, we don't get paid sick days, we don't get bonuses for outstanding performances nor for Christmas. We don't have insurance plans. We sacrifice our family on special days so that we can bring fond memories and happiness to others. Illness or personal affairs are not excuses for a bad performance.
Next time you ask, remember that ARTISTS are ARTISTS because of the love of their craft, but that love doesn't pay debts.
Add me on Twitter
I have decided to allow bloggers use under the creative commons licensing provision.
Please give credit with a link back.
Eyesplash - Summer was a blast, for 6 million view's favorite photos from other Flickr members (55,415)
- Your Best Shot 2016 28,051 photos, 40,123 members
- ! !^*FAVTOP Plus (0-50 + FAVES) 5,606 photos, 732 members
- MACRO MONDAYS 124,049 photos, 11,832 members
- **Optical Excellence** The Very Best Level 2 ~ Post 1 Award 3 45,398 photos, 3,041 members
- **Optical Excellence** ( Admin Invite Only ) 87,106 photos, 5,443 members
- 6,000 Views Unlimited 6000 76,024 photos, 4,236 members
- Marvels of Photography 1,467 photos, 339 members
- Sun | Sky | Cloud 300,189 photos, 12,288 members
- ! !^Good Morning Happiness Level 1 (Post 1:Award/Fave 3) 42,053 photos, 2,249 members
- ONLY "999+" FAVORITE -Invitation only- 2,008 photos, 408 members
- ! !^Exquisite Art 50+ Faves (Level 3) Hall of Fame 3,974 photos, 704 members
- Bridges around the world 64,011 photos, 7,207 members
- Bridges, Bridges, and MORE BRIDGES 119,978 photos, 13,450 members
- ! !^Exquisite Art 50+ Faves (Level 2) Gallery of MasterWorks 8,314 photos, 1,089 members
- **The Street Photography Society** only 2 shots per week 297,685 photos, 10,953 members
- Post 1 / Fav 3! One per day! 11,025 photos, 802 members
- ! !^FreedomHawk Level 2 (Post 1:Award/Fave 3) 7,776 photos, 1,058 members
- 100+ Faves Masterpieces (Post 1, Fave and comment 1 or more) 32,604 photos, 1,467 members
- SLR Adventure: Amateur / Semi pro / Professional / Photography 21,352 photos, 982 members
- Optics World 38,689 photos, 952 members
- ELITE GROUP ! 2,912 photos, 69 members
- I know where you are 82,049 photos, 4,654 members
- Flickr Celebrates Pride 18,774 photos, 1,122 members
- Inside Vancouver 7,822 photos, 988 members
- 1.000+ Faves 1,017 photos, 311 members
- The Best Of 2013 72 photos, 152 members
- City Nights 265,387 photos, 16,148 members
- #Flickr12Days 83,310 photos, 8,760 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 10,843 photos, 13,251 members
- EXPLORE SENZA ALGORITMO: GLI ESCLUSI CON FOTO BELLISSIME 23,610 photos, 1,017 members
- Flickr Friday 30,657 photos, 37,074 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 110,982 photos, 7,609 members
- English Bull Terriers 28,142 photos, 1,264 members
- Candid Street Photography Group 746,946 photos, 30,570 members
- NATURE'S PRIME (P1/A4) 471,029 photos, 20,703 members
- **WORLD OF FLOWERS**// ONLY FLOWERS//P.1 / 4 GIVE SWEEPER ACTIVE 82,102 photos, 6,707 members
- Mad about Owls / Birds of prey 40,140 photos, 1,559 members
- ***A Place For Great Photographers*** Level 1 Please Award 3 442,077 photos, 12,905 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,765 photos, 6,314 members
- The Best Of Nature's Poetry ~♥~ L 2 ~ Invite Only ~ P/1 A/5 6,667 photos, 824 members
- Nature's Poetry ~ Level 1 ~ Post 1 ~ Award 5 ~ 49,615 photos, 2,168 members
- 50 Plus (Photographers aged 50 and better) 1,493,484 photos, 4,669 members
- Music Photography 587,546 photos, 16,073 members
- Flickr Bingo 2 691 photos, 47 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 5 (Post 1 Award 5 53,196 photos, 3,619 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 4 (Post 1 Award 5 63,381 photos, 3,940 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 3 (Post 1 Award 5 81,441 photos, 4,438 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 2 (Post 1 Award 5 112,815 photos, 5,307 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 1* Post 1 Award 5 or BANNED 238,319 photos, 7,223 members
- Canon EOS 5D mark iii - Post 2, Comm 2 22,983 photos, 968 members
"Diversity. That`s it! That`s what I like in Mikes photo stream.
He is able to shoot such a wide range of subjects. And he does it so well every time!
That`s why his stream is such an inspiration to me, and why I`m glad to be one of his contacts!
And he is an exemplary Flickr contact too."
March 22nd, 2012
☜✿☞ Bo ☜✿☞ says:
"It's about time someone wrote another testimonial for you.
Great bloke, great friend, great photographer, great photostream, great laugh, great to know, in short ...
He's just plain great!
Consider yourself fortunate if you find yourself added to his contacts. You won't find anyone better on Flickr.
Mike, you're The Man :-)"
December 9th, 2011
"Mikul is a fabulous flickr friend!!! . . . I can always count on him for a smile (either by visiting his stream for his latest upload . . . or by reading his comments on mine . . . or both)!!!
Mikul has a truly diverse photostream. . . full of unique inspiration . . . documenting his passion for photography & life . . . I love visiting to see what he's been up to!!! . . . you can bet it will be interesting & captured beautifully for all to see!!!
. . . I'm so glad we met here on flickr (and in "real" life), Mikul . . . and am happy to count you as my friend!!!!
July 23rd, 2010
Birdman of El Paso says:
"I should not bother writting a testimonial for Mikul, he's got plenty already but that comes from being a cool guy.
"I totally enjoy surfing Mikul's photostream on a regular basis.
He presents his pictures in a beautiful, carefully crafted manner with excellent commentary.
Mikul is a super FlickR friend frequently giving fine comments to my photos
Thanks for being such a great flickr friend, Mikul!
December 21st, 2009
"My flickr friend Mikul, I enjoy visiting your photostream.Your have a great eye for photography.
I have to say that your sence of humor is great, but your photos are greater.
Keep up the good work and I am looking forward to seeing more of your work and read more of your comments.
October 13th, 2009
Brandon Godfrey says:
"Well, what can I say. Since I met mikul, I have learned a lot! He has sort of been my flickr mentor, and I was lucky to have met him. His continuous encouragement and wise cracks have been an inspiration. The amount of contacts he has introduced me to has really got me noticed on flickr, which is not something all people get a chance at.
So Mikul, I would like to give you a big THANK YOU I couldn't have done it without you man, and I look forward to meeting you soon!
August 20th, 2009
Mad Men Art says:
"ArtDirector eyesplash Mikul
Congratulations - 祝贺您 - Enhorabuena - Parabéns - Félicitations - Gratulation – Congratulazioni – 축하합니다.
World100F – QualityGroup – Marco"
July 24th, 2009
"I came to know Mikul like the Virgin to her baby.... I have no idea!! :)
But it was a lucky day because for quite some time now I can see how his art is evolving, getting more interesting, always leaving a tingle with the viewer... His photos can be outright brash, openly asking for a FAVE, or very quiet, silently breathing 'Have a deeper look, I will be worth it' - never leaving the eye hungry, always offering the best of something! Mikul also is now a frequent guest at Explore; not that we crave it, mind you.... but still; we don't mind being taken seriously by some Magic Donkey!!?!
Go on, my friend, be a creative wizard, give us the beauties of your daily surroundings, feed us your impressions, surprise us - you're doing just fine!
(This also is a form of apology because I simply haven't got the time to look you up more frequently ----- I am sure you understand!)
Kind regards to you, your wonderful Victoria Island, to BC which is so similar to my native Switzerland,
May 28th, 2009
"eyesplash Mikul is a very talented photographer..
It's a joy watching his photo stream..
He has some of the most amazing shots i have ever seen..
He is also one of my best flicker friends..
I wish you all the luck my friend ..
January 28th, 2009
V. Mason says:
"I rarely take the time to do this, but Mikul has been such a good friend to me, I figure it is overdue...
I have "known" Mikul for quite some time now, but it is only recently that I have started to know the person behind the camera... He always has something good to say, whether it is to compliment one's work, or just for a laugh. He has a fantastic eye for all kinds of photography, and his work is always a pleasure to view.
If there is a "flickerite" worth getting to know, both as a person, and as a photographer, it is Mikul.
Thank you for your friendship, Mikul, it is truly an honor to know you."
January 22nd, 2009
JD Fielding says:
"Mikul is a wonderful friend and I always enjoy following his stream.
Through his photography, his words and the family of people who comment on his stream it is obvious to me that this person is generally a kind and wonderful person all around.
We meet people online and we make the little connections with them. When they are sick, injured or in a tough spot...we care. Mikul is the type of person who always exudes that type of behavior.
He is also a very fun person who like to sometimes poke fun and make the lighter side of life more evident...take a look through his stream and leave him a comment. Happy 2009 to you my friend!"
December 25th, 2008
"I am glad I am following Fred in writing a testimonial for you as he too is such a special friend.
So are you Mik/Michul/Michael, a very very special friend who makes me crack up big time.
Who is generous with his time.
Who is generous with his comments
Who has fabulous, fabulous photos,
Who has the same sense of wacky humour that I have, (got to be a mate for life),
Who is one of those persons one has an instant connection with.
Haven't known you for long mon ami, mais je me sens comme si vous étiez toujours dans ma vie
Enjoy Mik's photos, I KNOW you will"
December 15th, 2008
"I have no idea why it has taken me so long to write a testimonial for Mikul. He has been such a good flickr friend for so long. He is witty, talented and very lovely. His comments often have me rolling around the room laughing and I so look forward to hearing from him.
Keep on being you Mikul. It is a privilege to be able to be able to call you my friend."
December 11th, 2008
Jill's Junk says:
"I'm starting a petition on Mikul's behalf to get Flickr to recognize more of his great shots on explore!!! How in hell they can continue to overlook his work is a mystery to me and I can't stand by and let it happen any longer!! I DEMAND MIKUL'S WORK BE ON EXPLORE MORE OFTEN!!!
Seriously, his work does deserve to be looked at. He is one of my favourite contacts and he is always so generous and nice. A great sense of humour is a bonus. He's a bit gullible though.....he actually believes I'm "sweet" :-)). Always a pleasure to visit your stream Mikul and to have you visit mine. I hope we get the opportunity to shoot together some day."
April 11th, 2008
"Mikul is the sweetest person I have met in flickr. His words always lifts me up from the ground and he makes my heart sing... (not that I believe every word he says LOL)
Seriously now, Mikul has a great sense in composition and attention to details. I love his photography and I love the way he capture things in some unconventional ways.
He has a special place in my heart as he is one of my very first flickr friends who's been giving me support and unlimited encouragement. Thank you Mikul for your friendship."
April 7th, 2008
"Mikul is very expressive with his artistic talent,
I love the fact that he is not limited to one interest in photography
like me he is very broad in his picture taking with a great imagination,
I just love the life that he brings in the subjects that he shoots, very courteous with he's comments and great friend!
Thank you Mikul for being you...a friend:-)
March 11th, 2008
"there are only a few people here in flickr that i enjoy watching all their photos in their photostream.. eyesplash Mikul is one of them! Great photographer! =)"
February 25th, 2008
"your mural and flower collections are awesome! well-done friend!"
March 9th, 2007
- November 2006
- I am:
- Male and Single