My careers have included travel agent (14 yrs.), desktop publisher (3 yrs.), and communications director for a large church (12 yrs.). I have a BA in Art History. Through it all, I've been happiest while behind the camera, composing an image, whether as part of my job or simply for the pure joy of creating.
Photos of eye2eye (1)
- Flickr Friday 36,765 photos, 40,887 members
- Effected Cameras 45,808 photos, 3,684 members
- NBMAA New Britain Museum of American Art 81 photos, 9 members
- Through glass in rain 994 photos, 435 members
- Good Morning, World! 5,153 photos, 267 members
- Hipstanerds 6,773 photos, 105 members
- melancholy 174,108 photos, 7,445 members
- The Odd Cross 1,247 photos, 336 members
- iPhoneography 451,946 photos, 13,356 members
- Now, Look at the Camera (Award at Least 3) 26,470 photos, 1,427 members
- books! 3,407 photos, 325 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 430,568 photos, 17,285 members
- . TV . room . 5,491 photos, 1,021 members
- New Flickr of Hope 37,635 photos, 1,934 members
- iPhoneur 10,800 photos, 116 members
- Iphone Lo-Mob 395 photos, 53 members
- Lo-mob 11,117 photos, 1,052 members
- Sky Above 72,557 photos, 4,567 members
- Vintage & Retro Tones (soft & hazy) 1,222 photos, 434 members
- Ministract 38,382 photos, 1,116 members
- Objective Scenes 4,165 photos, 211 members
- Dead Square 458 photos, 31 members
- Hipstamatic Black & White 10,953 photos, 389 members
- Hipstamatic Bathrooms 93 photos, 38 members
- Hipstamatic 328,623 photos, 16,486 members
- Hipstamatic Patterns 365 photos, 23 members
- Two Colors or Less (1 post = 2 comments, no B&W) 12,322 photos, 1,422 members
- half|HALF 463 photos, 64 members
- Parking Lot Diary 189 photos, 19 members
- ALL CATS -- NO PEOPLE 327,439 photos, 30,715 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 51,941 photos, 6,885 members
- Outstanding Sunrises / Sunsets (15 favs or more please!) 2,212 photos, 767 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 47,500 photos, 4,418 members
- FLORIDA ☼ "The Sunshine State!" ☼ NO PEOPLE as Main Subjec 120,631 photos, 3,565 members
- Bradley International Airport BDL 411 photos, 48 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 40,299 photos, 5,078 members
- In School 3,456 photos, 574 members
- The Flickr Underground 151,363 photos, 3,483 members
- New England Sunrises, Sunsets 5,747 photos, 387 members
- MASS MoCA 3,453 photos, 360 members
- Word Thief [words and words within words] 5,392 photos, 169 members
- Words and Art 19,943 photos, 807 members
- Christmas! Celebrate Jesus' Birth (and His life!) 695 photos, 96 members
- Signless Signs 1,519 photos, 259 members
- Semiotic Syntax 269 photos, 88 members
- Polaroid SX 70 112,652 photos, 16,891 members
- One Word 2,392 photos, 252 members
- wdydwyd? 490 photos, 389 members
- The Signs of The Cross 8 photos, 6 members
- Diptych & Triptych Gallery 50,262 photos, 4,744 members
"Dave’s excellent technical and artistic photographic talents are apparent to anyone that views his work. Setting him apart is that he is the most honest and supportive experienced photographer I have ever met. If he gives a favorable comment you can trust that it is serious. My biggest photographic compliment was being included in the same Cummer Art Gallery photographic exhibit (a juried contest) for Florida St. Johns River photos with Dave and he encouraged my participation.
I first met Dave on Fotolog and then here at Flickr. Later I met him and talented Lois of Lebanon (Jaemes Sister) at a local restaurant and then Dave and I met for breakfast from time to time at a local greasy spoon. Since Dave was a Connecticut Yankee I was concerned that he would not like our local “down home” spots. Not to worry. He fit right in. In fact, every time I have gone to Grumpy’s for breakfast without him they have asked, “Where is your northern friend? Bring him back.”"
November 19th, 2006
"I got to know Dave and his photographs over at fotolog.net first and was happy to see him over here after a while too. From the start on I enjoyed visiting his photostream. His photographs show not only the beauty of this world but also what drives himself, which is his faith. It's his gift, to convey both through his images and I am thankful he shares this gift with all of us here at flickr."
June 5th, 2006
Billy Reed says:
"Dave’s photographic images have, over many months now, been a delight to follow and are such a source of inspiration and entertainment for me. The imagery, often combined with a Christian message, is so well observed and captured. And I've never seen such an amazing, ongoing series - ‘Found crosses’ - at Fotolog (and now here) where we met.
And to top it all, 'eye2eye' is so complimentary and encouraging to other contributors. It is always a delight to upload and catalogue one's own photography.... but, when DAVE leaves a message, it makes it all so worthwhile, and spurs me on to greater things.
A creative and thoroughly pleasant guy! ('just a pity he lives on the the other side of the Atlantic!)"
April 16th, 2005
"Eye2Eye combines artistic vision with technical know-how to produce some of the most intriguing and dramatic images on Flickr. I always find joy, intelligence and sincerity in his photostream."
March 21st, 2005
" Dave's images are for us as a trip to the unknow, where great and intriguing surprizes all-ways filled with pure and sensible beauty belongs too.
The lines, the way he frames, the lights, the textures and the colors are deeply respected, greatly captured and enjoyed by him, and always plays the most harmonic and beaultiful simphony!
Is a page where you always have awesome surprizes when you visit and where you somehow feel respected.
He is very careful about his work, and about the work of people he visits too.
His attention in his work and in details shows too in his incredibly clever and attentious coments about other people works.
Is a gift to visit and to be visited by Dave, and to see here and in his coments how attentious he is about details and how much he sees!!
Is quite often that he sees more than we saw in our own images and works!!
Here you have a photographer with opened heart and mind that sees things trought the eyes of love, respect and gratitude.
And he shows that for us with enormous joy and respect.
The same he shows for every other friends images.
We deeply admire you Dave!! As a photographer and as a great and special person.
Dave,is a gift to have you here,
February 27th, 2005
- Dave Gilbert
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken