My careers have included travel agent (14 yrs.), desktop publisher (3 yrs.), and communications director for a large church (12 yrs.). I have a BA in Art History. Through it all, I've been happiest while behind the camera, composing an image, whether as part of my job or simply for the pure joy of creating.
Photos of eye2eye (1)
- Effected Cameras 27,473 photos, 2,228 members
- NBMAA New Britain Museum of American Art 215 photos, 9 members
- Through glass in rain 550 photos, 261 members
- Good Morning, World! 3,086 photos, 190 members
- Hipstanerds 5,864 photos, 97 members
- melancholy 132,329 photos, 6,590 members
- The Odd Cross 1,278 photos, 334 members
- iPhoneography 407,585 photos, 12,885 members
- Now, Look at the Camera (Award at Least 3) 23,013 photos, 1,380 members
- books! 2,597 photos, 296 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 381,565 photos, 17,042 members
- . TV . room . 5,047 photos, 981 members
- New Flickr of Hope 35,115 photos, 1,921 members
- iPhoneur 8,897 photos, 103 members
- Iphone Lo-Mob 342 photos, 54 members
- Lo-mob 11,332 photos, 1,086 members
- Sky Above 51,937 photos, 3,851 members
- Vintage & Retro Tones (soft & hazy) 1,167 photos, 365 members
- Ministract 36,996 photos, 1,143 members
- Objective Scenes 3,861 photos, 217 members
- Dead Square 458 photos, 31 members
- Hipstamatic Black & White 10,033 photos, 376 members
- Hipstamatic Bathrooms 83 photos, 37 members
- Hipstamatic 321,221 photos, 16,789 members
- Hipstamatic Patterns 369 photos, 25 members
- Two Colors or Less (1 post = 2 comments, no B&W) 12,367 photos, 1,404 members
- half|HALF 358 photos, 53 members
- Parking Lot Diary 194 photos, 18 members
- ALL CATS -- NO PEOPLE 292,408 photos, 29,809 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 53,740 photos, 6,866 members
- Outstanding Sunrises / Sunsets (15 favs or more please!) 1,943 photos, 780 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 36,094 photos, 3,562 members
- FLORIDA ☼ "The Sunshine State!" ☼ NO PEOPLE as Main Subjec 96,208 photos, 3,151 members
- Bradley International Airport BDL 257 photos, 41 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,415 photos, 5,113 members
- In School 3,157 photos, 560 members
- The Flickr Underground 91,611 photos, 2,892 members
- New England Sunrises, Sunsets 4,705 photos, 328 members
- MASS MoCA 3,559 photos, 363 members
- Word Thief [words and words within words] 5,102 photos, 163 members
- Words and Art 17,929 photos, 763 members
- Christmas! Celebrate Jesus' Birth (and His life!) 686 photos, 99 members
- Signless Signs 1,347 photos, 242 members
- Semiotic Syntax 272 photos, 92 members
- Polaroid SX 70 106,868 photos, 14,913 members
- One Word 2,199 photos, 245 members
- wdydwyd? 495 photos, 391 members
- The Signs of The Cross 8 photos, 6 members
- Diptych & Triptych Gallery 48,097 photos, 4,774 members
- 1970's Pop Culture 3,364 photos, 362 members
"Dave’s excellent technical and artistic photographic talents are apparent to anyone that views his work. Setting him apart is that he is the most honest and supportive experienced photographer I have ever met. If he gives a favorable comment you can trust that it is serious. My biggest photographic compliment was being included in the same Cummer Art Gallery photographic exhibit (a juried contest) for Florida St. Johns River photos with Dave and he encouraged my participation.
I first met Dave on Fotolog and then here at Flickr. Later I met him and talented Lois of Lebanon (Jaemes Sister) at a local restaurant and then Dave and I met for breakfast from time to time at a local greasy spoon. Since Dave was a Connecticut Yankee I was concerned that he would not like our local “down home” spots. Not to worry. He fit right in. In fact, every time I have gone to Grumpy’s for breakfast without him they have asked, “Where is your northern friend? Bring him back.”"
November 19th, 2006
"I got to know Dave and his photographs over at fotolog.net first and was happy to see him over here after a while too. From the start on I enjoyed visiting his photostream. His photographs show not only the beauty of this world but also what drives himself, which is his faith. It's his gift, to convey both through his images and I am thankful he shares this gift with all of us here at flickr."
June 5th, 2006
Billy Reed says:
"Dave’s photographic images have, over many months now, been a delight to follow and are such a source of inspiration and entertainment for me. The imagery, often combined with a Christian message, is so well observed and captured. And I've never seen such an amazing, ongoing series - ‘Found crosses’ - at Fotolog (and now here) where we met.
And to top it all, 'eye2eye' is so complimentary and encouraging to other contributors. It is always a delight to upload and catalogue one's own photography.... but, when DAVE leaves a message, it makes it all so worthwhile, and spurs me on to greater things.
A creative and thoroughly pleasant guy! ('just a pity he lives on the the other side of the Atlantic!)"
April 16th, 2005
"Eye2Eye combines artistic vision with technical know-how to produce some of the most intriguing and dramatic images on Flickr. I always find joy, intelligence and sincerity in his photostream."
March 21st, 2005
" Dave's images are for us as a trip to the unknow, where great and intriguing surprizes all-ways filled with pure and sensible beauty belongs too.
The lines, the way he frames, the lights, the textures and the colors are deeply respected, greatly captured and enjoyed by him, and always plays the most harmonic and beaultiful simphony!
Is a page where you always have awesome surprizes when you visit and where you somehow feel respected.
He is very careful about his work, and about the work of people he visits too.
His attention in his work and in details shows too in his incredibly clever and attentious coments about other people works.
Is a gift to visit and to be visited by Dave, and to see here and in his coments how attentious he is about details and how much he sees!!
Is quite often that he sees more than we saw in our own images and works!!
Here you have a photographer with opened heart and mind that sees things trought the eyes of love, respect and gratitude.
And he shows that for us with enormous joy and respect.
The same he shows for every other friends images.
We deeply admire you Dave!! As a photographer and as a great and special person.
Dave,is a gift to have you here,
February 27th, 2005
- Dave Gilbert
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken