My careers have included travel agent (14 yrs.), desktop publisher (3 yrs.), and communications director for a large church (12 yrs.). I have a BA in Art History. Through it all, I've been happiest while behind the camera, composing an image, whether as part of my job or simply for the pure joy of creating.
Photos of eye2eye (1)
- Effected Cameras 30,812 photos, 2,533 members
- NBMAA New Britain Museum of American Art 260 photos, 9 members
- Through glass in rain 597 photos, 280 members
- Good Morning, World! 3,298 photos, 206 members
- Hipstanerds 5,948 photos, 96 members
- melancholy 137,775 photos, 6,728 members
- The Odd Cross 1,273 photos, 336 members
- iPhoneography 412,595 photos, 12,977 members
- Now, Look at the Camera (Award at Least 3) 23,559 photos, 1,402 members
- books! 2,738 photos, 303 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 386,972 photos, 17,148 members
- . TV . room . 5,138 photos, 984 members
- New Flickr of Hope 35,553 photos, 1,923 members
- iPhoneur 9,153 photos, 103 members
- Iphone Lo-Mob 349 photos, 55 members
- Lo-mob 11,323 photos, 1,084 members
- Sky Above 52,794 photos, 3,965 members
- Vintage & Retro Tones (soft & hazy) 1,171 photos, 371 members
- Ministract 37,228 photos, 1,143 members
- Objective Scenes 3,863 photos, 215 members
- Dead Square 507 photos, 32 members
- Hipstamatic Black & White 10,258 photos, 382 members
- Hipstamatic Bathrooms 83 photos, 37 members
- Hipstamatic 322,622 photos, 16,791 members
- Hipstamatic Patterns 369 photos, 25 members
- Two Colors or Less (1 post = 2 comments, no B&W) 12,392 photos, 1,411 members
- half|HALF 361 photos, 53 members
- Parking Lot Diary 195 photos, 19 members
- ALL CATS -- NO PEOPLE 297,243 photos, 30,014 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 53,688 photos, 6,890 members
- Outstanding Sunrises / Sunsets (15 favs or more please!) 1,972 photos, 780 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 37,497 photos, 3,687 members
- FLORIDA ☼ "The Sunshine State!" ☼ NO PEOPLE as Main Subjec 98,535 photos, 3,196 members
- Bradley International Airport BDL 261 photos, 45 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,349 photos, 5,121 members
- In School 3,182 photos, 561 members
- The Flickr Underground 97,679 photos, 2,995 members
- New England Sunrises, Sunsets 4,832 photos, 335 members
- MASS MoCA 3,544 photos, 363 members
- Word Thief [words and words within words] 5,155 photos, 162 members
- Words and Art 18,105 photos, 769 members
- Christmas! Celebrate Jesus' Birth (and His life!) 693 photos, 99 members
- Signless Signs 1,354 photos, 242 members
- Semiotic Syntax 270 photos, 91 members
- Polaroid SX 70 107,557 photos, 15,189 members
- One Word 2,206 photos, 246 members
- wdydwyd? 495 photos, 390 members
- The Signs of The Cross 8 photos, 6 members
- Diptych & Triptych Gallery 48,441 photos, 4,772 members
- 1970's Pop Culture 3,582 photos, 366 members
"Dave’s excellent technical and artistic photographic talents are apparent to anyone that views his work. Setting him apart is that he is the most honest and supportive experienced photographer I have ever met. If he gives a favorable comment you can trust that it is serious. My biggest photographic compliment was being included in the same Cummer Art Gallery photographic exhibit (a juried contest) for Florida St. Johns River photos with Dave and he encouraged my participation.
I first met Dave on Fotolog and then here at Flickr. Later I met him and talented Lois of Lebanon (Jaemes Sister) at a local restaurant and then Dave and I met for breakfast from time to time at a local greasy spoon. Since Dave was a Connecticut Yankee I was concerned that he would not like our local “down home” spots. Not to worry. He fit right in. In fact, every time I have gone to Grumpy’s for breakfast without him they have asked, “Where is your northern friend? Bring him back.”"
November 19th, 2006
"I got to know Dave and his photographs over at fotolog.net first and was happy to see him over here after a while too. From the start on I enjoyed visiting his photostream. His photographs show not only the beauty of this world but also what drives himself, which is his faith. It's his gift, to convey both through his images and I am thankful he shares this gift with all of us here at flickr."
June 5th, 2006
Billy Reed says:
"Dave’s photographic images have, over many months now, been a delight to follow and are such a source of inspiration and entertainment for me. The imagery, often combined with a Christian message, is so well observed and captured. And I've never seen such an amazing, ongoing series - ‘Found crosses’ - at Fotolog (and now here) where we met.
And to top it all, 'eye2eye' is so complimentary and encouraging to other contributors. It is always a delight to upload and catalogue one's own photography.... but, when DAVE leaves a message, it makes it all so worthwhile, and spurs me on to greater things.
A creative and thoroughly pleasant guy! ('just a pity he lives on the the other side of the Atlantic!)"
April 16th, 2005
"Eye2Eye combines artistic vision with technical know-how to produce some of the most intriguing and dramatic images on Flickr. I always find joy, intelligence and sincerity in his photostream."
March 21st, 2005
" Dave's images are for us as a trip to the unknow, where great and intriguing surprizes all-ways filled with pure and sensible beauty belongs too.
The lines, the way he frames, the lights, the textures and the colors are deeply respected, greatly captured and enjoyed by him, and always plays the most harmonic and beaultiful simphony!
Is a page where you always have awesome surprizes when you visit and where you somehow feel respected.
He is very careful about his work, and about the work of people he visits too.
His attention in his work and in details shows too in his incredibly clever and attentious coments about other people works.
Is a gift to visit and to be visited by Dave, and to see here and in his coments how attentious he is about details and how much he sees!!
Is quite often that he sees more than we saw in our own images and works!!
Here you have a photographer with opened heart and mind that sees things trought the eyes of love, respect and gratitude.
And he shows that for us with enormous joy and respect.
The same he shows for every other friends images.
We deeply admire you Dave!! As a photographer and as a great and special person.
Dave,is a gift to have you here,
February 27th, 2005
- Dave Gilbert
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken