My careers have included travel agent (14 yrs.), desktop publisher (3 yrs.), and communications director for a large church (12 yrs.). I have a BA in Art History. Through it all, I've been happiest while behind the camera, composing an image, whether as part of my job or simply for the pure joy of creating.
Photos of eye2eye (1)
- Effected Cameras 37,156 photos, 3,013 members
- NBMAA New Britain Museum of American Art 81 photos, 9 members
- Through glass in rain 722 photos, 331 members
- Good Morning, World! 3,938 photos, 224 members
- Hipstanerds 6,047 photos, 99 members
- melancholy 149,131 photos, 6,990 members
- The Odd Cross 1,270 photos, 341 members
- iPhoneography 424,090 photos, 13,113 members
- Now, Look at the Camera (Award at Least 3) 24,365 photos, 1,415 members
- books! 3,066 photos, 310 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 400,569 photos, 17,268 members
- . TV . room . 5,296 photos, 989 members
- New Flickr of Hope 36,366 photos, 1,927 members
- iPhoneur 9,736 photos, 106 members
- Iphone Lo-Mob 360 photos, 54 members
- Lo-mob 11,216 photos, 1,076 members
- Sky Above [THEME: photos with sky (please read rules)] 59,436 photos, 4,119 members
- Vintage & Retro Tones (soft & hazy) 1,171 photos, 387 members
- Ministract 37,769 photos, 1,138 members
- Objective Scenes 3,870 photos, 213 members
- Dead Square 504 photos, 30 members
- Hipstamatic Black & White 10,483 photos, 386 members
- Hipstamatic Bathrooms 83 photos, 37 members
- Hipstamatic 324,502 photos, 16,773 members
- Hipstamatic Patterns 367 photos, 25 members
- Two Colors or Less (1 post = 2 comments, no B&W) 12,460 photos, 1,423 members
- half|HALF 383 photos, 52 members
- Parking Lot Diary 201 photos, 21 members
- ALL CATS -- NO PEOPLE 306,916 photos, 30,359 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 53,404 photos, 6,910 members
- Outstanding Sunrises / Sunsets (15 favs or more please!) 2,014 photos, 776 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 40,558 photos, 3,902 members
- FLORIDA ☼ "The Sunshine State!" ☼ NO PEOPLE as Main Subjec 104,202 photos, 3,343 members
- Bradley International Airport BDL 403 photos, 46 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,079 photos, 5,115 members
- In School 3,208 photos, 567 members
- The Flickr Underground 113,176 photos, 3,192 members
- New England Sunrises, Sunsets 5,124 photos, 356 members
- MASS MoCA 3,550 photos, 362 members
- Word Thief [words and words within words] 5,300 photos, 171 members
- Words and Art 18,612 photos, 784 members
- Christmas! Celebrate Jesus' Birth (and His life!) 693 photos, 98 members
- Signless Signs 1,396 photos, 250 members
- Semiotic Syntax 271 photos, 91 members
- Polaroid SX 70 108,760 photos, 15,917 members
- One Word 2,223 photos, 245 members
- wdydwyd? 495 photos, 389 members
- The Signs of The Cross 8 photos, 6 members
- Diptych & Triptych Gallery 48,970 photos, 4,762 members
- 1970's Pop Culture 3,863 photos, 372 members
"Dave’s excellent technical and artistic photographic talents are apparent to anyone that views his work. Setting him apart is that he is the most honest and supportive experienced photographer I have ever met. If he gives a favorable comment you can trust that it is serious. My biggest photographic compliment was being included in the same Cummer Art Gallery photographic exhibit (a juried contest) for Florida St. Johns River photos with Dave and he encouraged my participation.
I first met Dave on Fotolog and then here at Flickr. Later I met him and talented Lois of Lebanon (Jaemes Sister) at a local restaurant and then Dave and I met for breakfast from time to time at a local greasy spoon. Since Dave was a Connecticut Yankee I was concerned that he would not like our local “down home” spots. Not to worry. He fit right in. In fact, every time I have gone to Grumpy’s for breakfast without him they have asked, “Where is your northern friend? Bring him back.”"
November 19th, 2006
"I got to know Dave and his photographs over at fotolog.net first and was happy to see him over here after a while too. From the start on I enjoyed visiting his photostream. His photographs show not only the beauty of this world but also what drives himself, which is his faith. It's his gift, to convey both through his images and I am thankful he shares this gift with all of us here at flickr."
June 5th, 2006
Billy Reed says:
"Dave’s photographic images have, over many months now, been a delight to follow and are such a source of inspiration and entertainment for me. The imagery, often combined with a Christian message, is so well observed and captured. And I've never seen such an amazing, ongoing series - ‘Found crosses’ - at Fotolog (and now here) where we met.
And to top it all, 'eye2eye' is so complimentary and encouraging to other contributors. It is always a delight to upload and catalogue one's own photography.... but, when DAVE leaves a message, it makes it all so worthwhile, and spurs me on to greater things.
A creative and thoroughly pleasant guy! ('just a pity he lives on the the other side of the Atlantic!)"
April 16th, 2005
"Eye2Eye combines artistic vision with technical know-how to produce some of the most intriguing and dramatic images on Flickr. I always find joy, intelligence and sincerity in his photostream."
March 21st, 2005
" Dave's images are for us as a trip to the unknow, where great and intriguing surprizes all-ways filled with pure and sensible beauty belongs too.
The lines, the way he frames, the lights, the textures and the colors are deeply respected, greatly captured and enjoyed by him, and always plays the most harmonic and beaultiful simphony!
Is a page where you always have awesome surprizes when you visit and where you somehow feel respected.
He is very careful about his work, and about the work of people he visits too.
His attention in his work and in details shows too in his incredibly clever and attentious coments about other people works.
Is a gift to visit and to be visited by Dave, and to see here and in his coments how attentious he is about details and how much he sees!!
Is quite often that he sees more than we saw in our own images and works!!
Here you have a photographer with opened heart and mind that sees things trought the eyes of love, respect and gratitude.
And he shows that for us with enormous joy and respect.
The same he shows for every other friends images.
We deeply admire you Dave!! As a photographer and as a great and special person.
Dave,is a gift to have you here,
February 27th, 2005
- Dave Gilbert
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken