My careers have included travel agent (14 yrs.), desktop publisher (3 yrs.), and communications director for a large church (12 yrs.). I have a BA in Art History. Through it all, I've been happiest while behind the camera, composing an image, whether as part of my job or simply for the pure joy of creating.
Photos of eye2eye (1)
- Effected Cameras 38,160 photos, 3,078 members
- NBMAA New Britain Museum of American Art 81 photos, 9 members
- Through glass in rain 762 photos, 353 members
- Good Morning, World! 4,062 photos, 234 members
- Hipstanerds 6,100 photos, 100 members
- melancholy 152,688 photos, 7,039 members
- The Odd Cross 1,268 photos, 340 members
- iPhoneography 427,079 photos, 13,144 members
- Now, Look at the Camera (Award at Least 3) 24,722 photos, 1,424 members
- books! 3,109 photos, 311 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 403,849 photos, 17,275 members
- . TV . room . 5,344 photos, 991 members
- New Flickr of Hope 34,878 photos, 1,924 members
- iPhoneur 9,858 photos, 106 members
- Iphone Lo-Mob 362 photos, 54 members
- Lo-mob 11,203 photos, 1,071 members
- Sky Above [THEME: photos with sky (please read rules)] 60,795 photos, 4,163 members
- Vintage & Retro Tones (soft & hazy) 1,177 photos, 389 members
- Ministract 37,924 photos, 1,135 members
- Objective Scenes 3,882 photos, 214 members
- Dead Square 519 photos, 30 members
- Hipstamatic Black & White 10,491 photos, 386 members
- Hipstamatic Bathrooms 83 photos, 37 members
- Hipstamatic 325,108 photos, 16,744 members
- Hipstamatic Patterns 367 photos, 25 members
- Two Colors or Less (1 post = 2 comments, no B&W) 12,490 photos, 1,424 members
- half|HALF 388 photos, 52 members
- Parking Lot Diary 201 photos, 22 members
- ALL CATS -- NO PEOPLE 309,197 photos, 30,411 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 53,667 photos, 6,908 members
- Outstanding Sunrises / Sunsets (15 favs or more please!) 2,038 photos, 775 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 41,535 photos, 3,960 members
- FLORIDA ☼ "The Sunshine State!" ☼ NO PEOPLE as Main Subjec 105,353 photos, 3,370 members
- Bradley International Airport BDL 407 photos, 46 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,052 photos, 5,105 members
- In School 3,217 photos, 568 members
- The Flickr Underground 118,260 photos, 3,244 members
- New England Sunrises, Sunsets 5,223 photos, 360 members
- MASS MoCA 3,550 photos, 362 members
- Word Thief [words and words within words] 5,335 photos, 170 members
- Words and Art 18,783 photos, 789 members
- Christmas! Celebrate Jesus' Birth (and His life!) 693 photos, 98 members
- Signless Signs 1,401 photos, 250 members
- Semiotic Syntax 271 photos, 91 members
- Polaroid SX 70 109,478 photos, 15,984 members
- One Word 2,235 photos, 246 members
- wdydwyd? 494 photos, 389 members
- The Signs of The Cross 8 photos, 6 members
- Diptych & Triptych Gallery 48,985 photos, 4,757 members
- 1970's Pop Culture 3,943 photos, 382 members
"Dave’s excellent technical and artistic photographic talents are apparent to anyone that views his work. Setting him apart is that he is the most honest and supportive experienced photographer I have ever met. If he gives a favorable comment you can trust that it is serious. My biggest photographic compliment was being included in the same Cummer Art Gallery photographic exhibit (a juried contest) for Florida St. Johns River photos with Dave and he encouraged my participation.
I first met Dave on Fotolog and then here at Flickr. Later I met him and talented Lois of Lebanon (Jaemes Sister) at a local restaurant and then Dave and I met for breakfast from time to time at a local greasy spoon. Since Dave was a Connecticut Yankee I was concerned that he would not like our local “down home” spots. Not to worry. He fit right in. In fact, every time I have gone to Grumpy’s for breakfast without him they have asked, “Where is your northern friend? Bring him back.”"
November 19th, 2006
"I got to know Dave and his photographs over at fotolog.net first and was happy to see him over here after a while too. From the start on I enjoyed visiting his photostream. His photographs show not only the beauty of this world but also what drives himself, which is his faith. It's his gift, to convey both through his images and I am thankful he shares this gift with all of us here at flickr."
June 5th, 2006
Billy Reed says:
"Dave’s photographic images have, over many months now, been a delight to follow and are such a source of inspiration and entertainment for me. The imagery, often combined with a Christian message, is so well observed and captured. And I've never seen such an amazing, ongoing series - ‘Found crosses’ - at Fotolog (and now here) where we met.
And to top it all, 'eye2eye' is so complimentary and encouraging to other contributors. It is always a delight to upload and catalogue one's own photography.... but, when DAVE leaves a message, it makes it all so worthwhile, and spurs me on to greater things.
A creative and thoroughly pleasant guy! ('just a pity he lives on the the other side of the Atlantic!)"
April 16th, 2005
"Eye2Eye combines artistic vision with technical know-how to produce some of the most intriguing and dramatic images on Flickr. I always find joy, intelligence and sincerity in his photostream."
March 21st, 2005
" Dave's images are for us as a trip to the unknow, where great and intriguing surprizes all-ways filled with pure and sensible beauty belongs too.
The lines, the way he frames, the lights, the textures and the colors are deeply respected, greatly captured and enjoyed by him, and always plays the most harmonic and beaultiful simphony!
Is a page where you always have awesome surprizes when you visit and where you somehow feel respected.
He is very careful about his work, and about the work of people he visits too.
His attention in his work and in details shows too in his incredibly clever and attentious coments about other people works.
Is a gift to visit and to be visited by Dave, and to see here and in his coments how attentious he is about details and how much he sees!!
Is quite often that he sees more than we saw in our own images and works!!
Here you have a photographer with opened heart and mind that sees things trought the eyes of love, respect and gratitude.
And he shows that for us with enormous joy and respect.
The same he shows for every other friends images.
We deeply admire you Dave!! As a photographer and as a great and special person.
Dave,is a gift to have you here,
February 27th, 2005
- Dave Gilbert
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken