My careers have included travel agent (14 yrs.), desktop publisher (3 yrs.), and communications director for a large church (12 yrs.). I have a BA in Art History. Through it all, I've been happiest while behind the camera, composing an image, whether as part of my job or simply for the pure joy of creating.
Photos of eye2eye (1)
- NBMAA New Britain Museum of American Art 187 photos, 9 members
- Through glass in rain 153 photos, 71 members
- Good Morning, World! 490 photos, 58 members
- Hipstanerds 4,545 photos, 92 members
- melancholy 95,640 photos, 5,266 members
- The Odd Cross 1,212 photos, 313 members
- iPhoneography 358,743 photos, 11,962 members
- Now, Look at the Camera (Award at Least 3) 18,241 photos, 1,319 members
- books! 1,235 photos, 191 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 320,043 photos, 16,007 members
- . TV . room . 4,546 photos, 925 members
- New Flickr of Hope 33,579 photos, 1,934 members
- iPhoneur 5,966 photos, 80 members
- Iphone Lo-Mob 312 photos, 53 members
- Lo-mob 11,522 photos, 1,114 members
- Sky Above 35,789 photos, 2,767 members
- Vintage & Retro Tones (soft & hazy) 1,041 photos, 267 members
- Ministract 34,467 photos, 1,179 members
- Objective Scenes 3,699 photos, 223 members
- Dead Square 426 photos, 30 members
- Hipstamatic Black & White 8,933 photos, 338 members
- Hipstamatic Bathrooms 86 photos, 38 members
- Hipstamatic 300,081 photos, 16,662 members
- Hipstamatic Patterns 513 photos, 21 members
- Two Colors or Less (1 post = 2 comments, no B&W) 12,477 photos, 1,390 members
- half|HALF 318 photos, 46 members
- Parking Lot Diary 300 photos, 17 members
- ALL CATS -- NO PEOPLE 251,419 photos, 27,419 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 40,754 photos, 5,753 members
- Outstanding Sunrises / Sunsets (15 favs or more please!) 1,529 photos, 770 members
- ICM - Intentional Camera Movement - See recent discussions! 27,468 photos, 2,928 members
- FLORIDA ☼ "The Sunshine State!" ☼ NO PEOPLE as Main Subjec 79,760 photos, 2,833 members
- Bradley International Airport BDL 422 photos, 38 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 42,815 photos, 5,212 members
- In School 3,041 photos, 563 members
- The Flickr Underground 52,975 photos, 2,124 members
- New England Sunrises, Sunsets 3,513 photos, 270 members
- MASS MoCA 3,619 photos, 361 members
- Word Thief [words and words within words] 4,847 photos, 160 members
- Words and Art 17,200 photos, 718 members
- Christmas! Celebrate Jesus' Birth (and His life!) 644 photos, 102 members
- Signless Signs 1,231 photos, 225 members
- Semiotic Syntax 278 photos, 93 members
- Polaroid SX 70 102,072 photos, 12,490 members
- One Word 2,106 photos, 243 members
- wdydwyd? 494 photos, 398 members
- The Signs of The Cross 8 photos, 6 members
- Diptych & Triptych Gallery 46,396 photos, 4,735 members
- 1970's Pop Culture 2,202 photos, 317 members
- ALMOST !! 209 photos, 69 members
"Dave’s excellent technical and artistic photographic talents are apparent to anyone that views his work. Setting him apart is that he is the most honest and supportive experienced photographer I have ever met. If he gives a favorable comment you can trust that it is serious. My biggest photographic compliment was being included in the same Cummer Art Gallery photographic exhibit (a juried contest) for Florida St. Johns River photos with Dave and he encouraged my participation.
I first met Dave on Fotolog and then here at Flickr. Later I met him and talented Lois of Lebanon (Jaemes Sister) at a local restaurant and then Dave and I met for breakfast from time to time at a local greasy spoon. Since Dave was a Connecticut Yankee I was concerned that he would not like our local “down home” spots. Not to worry. He fit right in. In fact, every time I have gone to Grumpy’s for breakfast without him they have asked, “Where is your northern friend? Bring him back.”"
19th November, 2006
"I got to know Dave and his photographs over at fotolog.net first and was happy to see him over here after a while too. From the start on I enjoyed visiting his photostream. His photographs show not only the beauty of this world but also what drives himself, which is his faith. It's his gift, to convey both through his images and I am thankful he shares this gift with all of us here at flickr."
5th June, 2006
Billy Reed says:
"Dave’s photographic images have, over many months now, been a delight to follow and are such a source of inspiration and entertainment for me. The imagery, often combined with a Christian message, is so well observed and captured. And I've never seen such an amazing, ongoing series - ‘Found crosses’ - at Fotolog (and now here) where we met.
And to top it all, 'eye2eye' is so complimentary and encouraging to other contributors. It is always a delight to upload and catalogue one's own photography.... but, when DAVE leaves a message, it makes it all so worthwhile, and spurs me on to greater things.
A creative and thoroughly pleasant guy! ('just a pity he lives on the the other side of the Atlantic!)"
16th April, 2005
"Eye2Eye combines artistic vision with technical know-how to produce some of the most intriguing and dramatic images on Flickr. I always find joy, intelligence and sincerity in his photostream."
21st March, 2005
" Dave's images are for us as a trip to the unknow, where great and intriguing surprizes all-ways filled with pure and sensible beauty belongs too.
The lines, the way he frames, the lights, the textures and the colors are deeply respected, greatly captured and enjoyed by him, and always plays the most harmonic and beaultiful simphony!
Is a page where you always have awesome surprizes when you visit and where you somehow feel respected.
He is very careful about his work, and about the work of people he visits too.
His attention in his work and in details shows too in his incredibly clever and attentious coments about other people works.
Is a gift to visit and to be visited by Dave, and to see here and in his coments how attentious he is about details and how much he sees!!
Is quite often that he sees more than we saw in our own images and works!!
Here you have a photographer with opened heart and mind that sees things trought the eyes of love, respect and gratitude.
And he shows that for us with enormous joy and respect.
The same he shows for every other friends images.
We deeply admire you Dave!! As a photographer and as a great and special person.
Dave,is a gift to have you here,
27th February, 2005
- Dave Gilbert
- February 2005
- I am:
- Male and Taken