Humanitarian advocacy and communications specialist, aid worker, independent photographer, avid traveller, and keen diver. Lived in Europe, Asia, Middle East and Australasia, once upon a time from New Zealand.
Please note: I retain exclusive copyright on all of my work -- no images may be reproduced, manipulated, edited, blogged or otherwise used in any form either online or in print without my express written permission. I do not give away my images for free so please don't ask.
Also on about.me.
Photos of Lil [Kristen Elsby] (5)
- Cuba Travel 9,824 photos, 307 members
- Transportation of Cuba 5,412 photos, 529 members
- Trinidad Cuba 2,832 photos, 252 members
- Cuba Collection 52,251 photos, 2,327 members
- Cuba Photos 32,555 photos, 2,166 members
- Havana 5,286 photos, 327 members
- Havana / La Habana 27,135 photos, 1,686 members
- Cuba: Los Habaneros 3,859 photos, 252 members
- Old Japan 1,384 photos, 64 members
- Vintage Photos... of YOU! 2,859 photos, 451 members
- Azerbaijan 2,155 photos, 212 members
- Azerbaijan 983 photos, 166 members
- Syria 28,958 photos, 1,447 members
- Vanuatu 2,511 photos, 225 members
- South Pacific Islands 9,310 photos, 470 members
- Polynesian Perspective 4,936 photos, 453 members
- Korea Images 107,871 photos, 6,021 members
- People in Seoul 7,128 photos, 672 members
- Portugal 158,111 photos, 7,898 members
- Armenia 7,030 photos, 759 members
- The World Beard & Moustache Championships 1,289 photos, 255 members
- Geneva, Switzerland 14,361 photos, 1,442 members
- ßε-minimal 5,045 photos, 592 members
- Human in Geometry 60,922 photos, 4,808 members
- Street Photography - Bangladesh 6,181 photos, 576 members
- Explore Bangladesh 12,521 photos, 812 members
- Bangladesh – Land of Rivers & Boats 4,633 photos, 1,439 members
- Dhaka, Bangladesh 6,458 photos, 525 members
- People and Landscapes in Asia 3,608 photos, 166 members
- Vernacular Photo 17,871 photos, 544 members
- Pre-1962 America in Color 501 photos, 603 members
- Thailand Images 207,387 photos, 11,533 members
- 1.000+ Faves 268 photos, 230 members
- Myanmar Street Photographers (MMSP) Community 679 photos, 359 members
- Mrauk U (Burma) 1,810 photos, 50 members
- Cambodia Today 23,323 photos, 1,060 members
- Angkor 13,946 photos, 923 members
- Cambodia Images 84,398 photos, 5,749 members
- Stopping Time 21,819 photos, 2,419 members
- Flying people or things 700 photos, 148 members
- Multiples 7,880 photos, 531 members
- Undergrounds and Subways 71,613 photos, 9,013 members
- metros (around the world) 45,376 photos, 6,054 members
- People On Public Transit 10,814 photos, 1,342 members
- *The North Korean Paradise* 3,817 photos, 157 members
- 北韓圖片 North Korea Images 북한그림 8,794 photos, 347 members
- DPRK (North Korea) 29,105 photos, 875 members
- Shooting Tourists 791 photos, 173 members
- Roman Empire 48,652 photos, 2,603 members
- panoramas 381,423 photos, 51,024 members
"I've been watching Lil's photography grow for many years now, and I must say that I am impressed with the body of work she has amassed along the way, alongside the tremendous skills she's developed. She is becoming a truly great photographer and I am looking forward to seeing what she brings to us over the coming years! Always interesting, never dull. Love it! Keep 'em coming, Lil."
February 15th, 2008
~ fernando says:
"What is here? Amazement? Wait, it is. Amazement. Amazement at all sorts of images that reveal details that I cannot anticipate. That is a real talent to seek in a photographer, and to enjoy the photograph, as they stay in your mind long after you close the browser, and follow you when you are making certain shots with your own camera. We can say this about many subjects that Lil chooses, but there is also quite an impression that her composition and choice of light/shadows brings to what we see, and it increases the pleasure of watching her photographs.
Sometimes I forget about this amazement and just repeat to myself: "how the hell did she get that shot?" ARGH! Still, I think it is just a more vulgar way of saying amazement."
September 24th, 2006
"Lil' shots are individually surprising (few examples: "Cooling off", "Lone shark", the "America architectural icons" set, "KGB inner prison", the "New York life" set). She gives us the world as a special present. A landmark in my daily walk through Flikr's feelings."
August 14th, 2005
"Insightful without the need for words."
February 23rd, 2005
"Not only does she take amazing shots, she has us think about the world in a different way."
February 19th, 2005
"lil has been my friend for a long time, yet I still get amazed when I see some of her photos.
How can she see what I see in such a different way?
It's exciting to watch her development in both skill and confidence as a photographer.
Am always waiting eagerly to see the next phase!"
January 15th, 2005
Sam Scholes says:
"The countries of the world offer a diverse and wonderful landscape to photograph. From South Africa to Tokyo and on to New York City there are so many things to see and be part of. Kristen has the good fortune of traveling extensively and her photographs chronicle her adventures. Through her work we have the opportunity to travel along with her and see a world of life and people, of remarkable architecture, curiosities, and strange foods. But Kristen does more then simply capture images of these things, she brings them to life through well composed and finely executed photographs. There is more to her work then just pretty pictures and she is a photographer worth paying attention to."
January 7th, 2005
- Kristen Elsby
- August 2004
- Geneva, Switzerland
- I am: