Humanitarian advocacy and communications specialist, aid worker, independent photographer, avid traveller, and keen diver. Ex-South Asia, ex-Middle East, ex-Australia, ex-Japan, once upon a time from New Zealand.
Please note: I retain exclusive copyright on all of my work -- no images may be reproduced, manipulated, edited, blogged or otherwise used in any form either online or in print without my express written permission. I do not give away my images for free so please don't ask.
Also on about.me.
Photos of Lil [Kristen Elsby] (5)
- Thailand Upcountry: Rural Thailand 9,716 photos, 1,000 members
- Thailand Images 174,564 photos, 9,978 members
- 1.000+ Faves 237 photos, 236 members
- Bangkok Shutdown 2014 1,205 photos, 40 members
- Myanmar Street Photographers (MMSP) Community 401 photos, 232 members
- Mrauk U (Burma) 1,713 photos, 48 members
- Blurvision Photo 81,534 photos, 5,399 members
- Movement & Motion 354,970 photos, 36,528 members
- Cambodia Today 18,966 photos, 844 members
- Angkor 12,293 photos, 817 members
- Cambodia Images 75,277 photos, 5,143 members
- Carnivals & Amusement Parks 29,244 photos, 2,840 members
- Stopping Time 19,668 photos, 2,328 members
- Flying people or things 663 photos, 146 members
- No Cheap Crap For Krungthep Flâneur 47 photos, 20 members
- Multiples 7,529 photos, 522 members
- Undergrounds and Subways 59,517 photos, 8,011 members
- metros (around the world) 40,284 photos, 5,656 members
- People On Public Transit 9,750 photos, 1,285 members
- *The North Korean Paradise* 2,356 photos, 127 members
- 北韓圖片 North Korea Images 북한그림 7,130 photos, 295 members
- DPRK (North Korea) 25,645 photos, 790 members
- Taxis of the World 3,594 photos, 632 members
- Taxi! 11,996 photos, 2,537 members
- Arabic & Mughal Architecture 4,886 photos, 639 members
- Shooting Tourists 592 photos, 159 members
- Beyond Wagah 1,261 photos, 61 members
- Border Crossings/Grenzübergang 2,838 photos, 248 members
- Sukhothai - a hidden treasure in Thailand 454 photos, 66 members
- Roman Empire 39,242 photos, 2,336 members
- panoramas 273,909 photos, 37,260 members
- Totally Thailand 69,645 photos, 2,969 members
- Deserts 2,126 photos, 246 members
- Signs, signposts and place names 5,136 photos, 288 members
- *Inspirational Travel Photos 345,582 photos, 8,154 members
- Markets of the world 32,674 photos, 3,707 members
- Souk 1,693 photos, 205 members
- StreetPhoto 714,146 photos, 19,138 members
- The Real Street Photography 577,791 photos, 15,027 members
- Muslim Cultures 96,657 photos, 10,420 members
- Syria Historical Sites 11,112 photos, 369 members
- Aleppo 3,017 photos, 165 members
- Damascus 4,873 photos, 456 members
- Middle East Capitals: Jerusalem, Amman, Damascus etc 3,946 photos, 484 members
- Best Viewed Large 123,715 photos, 3,723 members
- Urban Landscape 94,979 photos, 3,697 members
- Middle East: Reportage and Street Photography 1,570 photos, 153 members
- Middle East Architecture 1,492 photos, 129 members
- Syria 28,781 photos, 1,363 members
- Kingdom of Morocco 11,357 photos, 489 members
"I've been watching Lil's photography grow for many years now, and I must say that I am impressed with the body of work she has amassed along the way, alongside the tremendous skills she's developed. She is becoming a truly great photographer and I am looking forward to seeing what she brings to us over the coming years! Always interesting, never dull. Love it! Keep 'em coming, Lil."
15th February, 2008
~ fernando says:
"What is here? Amazement? Wait, it is. Amazement. Amazement at all sorts of images that reveal details that I cannot anticipate. That is a real talent to seek in a photographer, and to enjoy the photograph, as they stay in your mind long after you close the browser, and follow you when you are making certain shots with your own camera. We can say this about many subjects that Lil chooses, but there is also quite an impression that her composition and choice of light/shadows brings to what we see, and it increases the pleasure of watching her photographs.
Sometimes I forget about this amazement and just repeat to myself: "how the hell did she get that shot?" ARGH! Still, I think it is just a more vulgar way of saying amazement."
24th September, 2006
"Lil' shots are individually surprising (few examples: "Cooling off", "Lone shark", the "America architectural icons" set, "KGB inner prison", the "New York life" set). She gives us the world as a special present. A landmark in my daily walk through Flikr's feelings."
14th August, 2005
"Insightful without the need for words."
23rd February, 2005
"Not only does she take amazing shots, she has us think about the world in a different way."
19th February, 2005
"lil has been my friend for a long time, yet I still get amazed when I see some of her photos.
How can she see what I see in such a different way?
It's exciting to watch her development in both skill and confidence as a photographer.
Am always waiting eagerly to see the next phase!"
15th January, 2005
Sam Scholes says:
"The countries of the world offer a diverse and wonderful landscape to photograph. From South Africa to Tokyo and on to New York City there are so many things to see and be part of. Kristen has the good fortune of traveling extensively and her photographs chronicle her adventures. Through her work we have the opportunity to travel along with her and see a world of life and people, of remarkable architecture, curiosities, and strange foods. But Kristen does more then simply capture images of these things, she brings them to life through well composed and finely executed photographs. There is more to her work then just pretty pictures and she is a photographer worth paying attention to."
7th January, 2005
- Kristen Elsby
- August 2004
- Bangkok, Thailand
- I am: