Humanitarian advocacy and communications advisor, aid worker, independent photographer, avid traveller, and keen diver. Lived in Europe, Asia, Middle East and Australasia, once upon a time from New Zealand.
Please note: I retain exclusive copyright on all of my work -- no images may be reproduced, manipulated, edited or otherwise used in any form either online or in print without my express written permission. I do not give away my images for free so please don't ask.
Also on about.me.
Photos of Lil [Kristen Elsby] (4)
- Falconry & Hawking 7,777 photos, 1,050 members
- Central Asia Live 6,020 photos, 447 members
- Issyk Kul & Titicaca Friends 930 photos, 228 members
- Beautiful Kyrgyzstan 1,492 photos, 180 members
- Best of Iceland 4,615 photos, 2,454 members
- Exploring Iceland 2,149 photos, 1,215 members
- Iceland - Landscape 143,966 photos, 10,516 members
- Dog Mushing, Mushers, their Dogs and their stuff 6,958 photos, 573 members
- Ilulissat, Greenland 318 photos, 32 members
- CARS OF CUBA - the greatest American car museum in the world 1,882 photos, 243 members
- Dog Days! 99,320 photos, 15,355 members
- Greenland Dogs 202 photos, 35 members
- The Arctic and Antarctic environment 8,592 photos, 634 members
- Arctic Images 13,369 photos, 514 members
- Greenland - Rocks, Water and Ice 2,238 photos, 137 members
- greenland 10,134 photos, 490 members
- Not be grounded 565 photos, 190 members
- Glaciers, Icefields and Icebergs 22,063 photos, 2,709 members
- Backcountry skiing 7,380 photos, 3,496 members
- Chamonix Mont Blanc 1,412 photos, 168 members
- Ski photography 6,553 photos, 1,176 members
- Alps 146,539 photos, 7,953 members
- Ultimate Wildlife Photography-PLEASE RE-READ THE RULES 50,123 photos, 1,996 members
- Wildlife of Africa 3,653 photos, 114 members
- *The Wildlife Photography 200,037 photos, 10,390 members
- Africa 263,868 photos, 12,033 members
- @Uganda@ 14,189 photos, 581 members
- Mountain Gorillas 2,285 photos, 419 members
- Rwanda 4,120 photos, 316 members
- Cuban Cars / Carros Cubanos 9,480 photos, 1,015 members
- Cars from the Past: Classic Cars 682,412 photos, 17,359 members
- Life's a Beach (vintage photos) 995 photos, 38 members
- Cuba Travel 12,176 photos, 372 members
- Transportation of Cuba 5,871 photos, 569 members
- Trinidad Cuba 3,147 photos, 308 members
- Cuba Collection 62,336 photos, 2,743 members
- Cuba Photos 38,798 photos, 2,533 members
- Havana 7,498 photos, 399 members
- Havana / La Habana 31,175 photos, 1,852 members
- Cuba: Los Habaneros 4,745 photos, 293 members
- Old Japan 1,523 photos, 79 members
- Vintage Photos... of YOU! 2,917 photos, 484 members
- Syria 29,095 photos, 1,481 members
- Vanuatu 2,586 photos, 235 members
- South Pacific Islands 10,030 photos, 498 members
- Polynesian Perspective 5,270 photos, 478 members
- Korea Images 114,677 photos, 6,267 members
- People in Seoul 8,296 photos, 721 members
- Portugal 178,503 photos, 8,626 members
- Armenia 8,201 photos, 803 members
"I've been watching Lil's photography grow for many years now, and I must say that I am impressed with the body of work she has amassed along the way, alongside the tremendous skills she's developed. She is becoming a truly great photographer and I am looking forward to seeing what she brings to us over the coming years! Always interesting, never dull. Love it! Keep 'em coming, Lil."
February 15th, 2008
~ fernando says:
"What is here? Amazement? Wait, it is. Amazement. Amazement at all sorts of images that reveal details that I cannot anticipate. That is a real talent to seek in a photographer, and to enjoy the photograph, as they stay in your mind long after you close the browser, and follow you when you are making certain shots with your own camera. We can say this about many subjects that Lil chooses, but there is also quite an impression that her composition and choice of light/shadows brings to what we see, and it increases the pleasure of watching her photographs.
Sometimes I forget about this amazement and just repeat to myself: "how the hell did she get that shot?" ARGH! Still, I think it is just a more vulgar way of saying amazement."
September 24th, 2006
"Lil' shots are individually surprising (few examples: "Cooling off", "Lone shark", the "America architectural icons" set, "KGB inner prison", the "New York life" set). She gives us the world as a special present. A landmark in my daily walk through Flikr's feelings."
August 14th, 2005
"Insightful without the need for words."
February 23rd, 2005
"Not only does she take amazing shots, she has us think about the world in a different way."
February 19th, 2005
"lil has been my friend for a long time, yet I still get amazed when I see some of her photos.
How can she see what I see in such a different way?
It's exciting to watch her development in both skill and confidence as a photographer.
Am always waiting eagerly to see the next phase!"
January 15th, 2005
Sam Scholes says:
"The countries of the world offer a diverse and wonderful landscape to photograph. From South Africa to Tokyo and on to New York City there are so many things to see and be part of. Kristen has the good fortune of traveling extensively and her photographs chronicle her adventures. Through her work we have the opportunity to travel along with her and see a world of life and people, of remarkable architecture, curiosities, and strange foods. But Kristen does more then simply capture images of these things, she brings them to life through well composed and finely executed photographs. There is more to her work then just pretty pictures and she is a photographer worth paying attention to."
January 7th, 2005
- Kristen Elsby
- August 2004
- Geneva, Switzerland
- I am: