Humanitarian advocacy and communications advisor, aid worker, independent photographer, avid traveller, and keen diver. Lived in Europe, Asia, Middle East and Australasia, once upon a time from New Zealand.
Please note: I retain exclusive copyright on all of my work -- no images may be reproduced, manipulated, edited or otherwise used in any form either online or in print without my express written permission. I do not give away my images for free so please don't ask.
Also on about.me.
Photos of Lil [Kristen Elsby] (4)
- Nomadic Lifestyles 1,517 photos, 174 members
- Mongolia Today 2,096 photos, 212 members
- Ulaanbaatar - Urban Mongolia 2,800 photos, 531 members
- Images of Mongolia 9,574 photos, 733 members
- Mongolia By Countryside 6,009 photos, 532 members
- People of Mongolia 5,743 photos, 928 members
- Falconry & Hawking 7,925 photos, 1,063 members
- Central Asia Live 6,211 photos, 454 members
- Issyk Kul & Titicaca Friends 938 photos, 227 members
- Beautiful Kyrgyzstan 1,596 photos, 185 members
- Best of Iceland 4,918 photos, 2,589 members
- Exploring Iceland 2,148 photos, 1,334 members
- Iceland - Landscape 155,053 photos, 11,141 members
- Dog Mushing, Mushers, their Dogs and their stuff 7,105 photos, 585 members
- Ilulissat, Greenland 437 photos, 35 members
- CARS OF CUBA - the greatest American car museum in the world 1,962 photos, 242 members
- Dog Days! 108,321 photos, 16,602 members
- Greenland Dogs 202 photos, 39 members
- The Arctic and Antarctic environment 8,885 photos, 650 members
- Arctic Images 13,986 photos, 549 members
- Greenland - Rocks, Water and Ice 2,342 photos, 145 members
- greenland 10,560 photos, 507 members
- Not be grounded 580 photos, 196 members
- Glaciers, Icefields and Icebergs 22,937 photos, 2,793 members
- Backcountry skiing 7,466 photos, 2,990 members
- Chamonix Mont Blanc 1,671 photos, 201 members
- Ski photography 6,674 photos, 1,201 members
- Alps 156,209 photos, 8,204 members
- Ultimate Wildlife Photography-NO SCENICS OR BOTANY PICS PLEASE 52,660 photos, 2,080 members
- Wildlife of Africa 4,723 photos, 156 members
- *The Wildlife Photography 214,641 photos, 10,649 members
- Africa 271,334 photos, 12,254 members
- @Uganda@ 14,438 photos, 591 members
- Mountain Gorillas 2,307 photos, 428 members
- Rwanda 4,133 photos, 322 members
- Cuban Cars / Carros Cubanos 9,912 photos, 1,047 members
- Cars from the Past: Classic Cars 741,581 photos, 18,201 members
- Life's a Beach (vintage photos) 1,157 photos, 40 members
- Cuba Travel 12,656 photos, 392 members
- Transportation of Cuba 6,096 photos, 580 members
- Trinidad Cuba 3,235 photos, 323 members
- Cuba Collection 66,060 photos, 2,886 members
- Cuba Photos 41,157 photos, 2,662 members
- Havana 8,022 photos, 421 members
- Havana / La Habana 32,320 photos, 1,900 members
- Cuba: Los Habaneros 4,958 photos, 309 members
- Old Japan 1,676 photos, 84 members
- Vintage Photos... of YOU! 2,947 photos, 495 members
- Syria 29,160 photos, 1,490 members
- Vanuatu 2,675 photos, 240 members
"I've been watching Lil's photography grow for many years now, and I must say that I am impressed with the body of work she has amassed along the way, alongside the tremendous skills she's developed. She is becoming a truly great photographer and I am looking forward to seeing what she brings to us over the coming years! Always interesting, never dull. Love it! Keep 'em coming, Lil."
February 15th, 2008
~ fernando says:
"What is here? Amazement? Wait, it is. Amazement. Amazement at all sorts of images that reveal details that I cannot anticipate. That is a real talent to seek in a photographer, and to enjoy the photograph, as they stay in your mind long after you close the browser, and follow you when you are making certain shots with your own camera. We can say this about many subjects that Lil chooses, but there is also quite an impression that her composition and choice of light/shadows brings to what we see, and it increases the pleasure of watching her photographs.
Sometimes I forget about this amazement and just repeat to myself: "how the hell did she get that shot?" ARGH! Still, I think it is just a more vulgar way of saying amazement."
September 24th, 2006
"Lil' shots are individually surprising (few examples: "Cooling off", "Lone shark", the "America architectural icons" set, "KGB inner prison", the "New York life" set). She gives us the world as a special present. A landmark in my daily walk through Flikr's feelings."
August 14th, 2005
"Insightful without the need for words."
February 23rd, 2005
"Not only does she take amazing shots, she has us think about the world in a different way."
February 19th, 2005
"lil has been my friend for a long time, yet I still get amazed when I see some of her photos.
How can she see what I see in such a different way?
It's exciting to watch her development in both skill and confidence as a photographer.
Am always waiting eagerly to see the next phase!"
January 15th, 2005
Sam Scholes says:
"The countries of the world offer a diverse and wonderful landscape to photograph. From South Africa to Tokyo and on to New York City there are so many things to see and be part of. Kristen has the good fortune of traveling extensively and her photographs chronicle her adventures. Through her work we have the opportunity to travel along with her and see a world of life and people, of remarkable architecture, curiosities, and strange foods. But Kristen does more then simply capture images of these things, she brings them to life through well composed and finely executed photographs. There is more to her work then just pretty pictures and she is a photographer worth paying attention to."
January 7th, 2005
- Kristen Elsby
- August 2004
- Geneva, Switzerland
- I am: