Humanitarian advocacy and communications specialist, aid worker, independent photographer, avid traveller, and keen diver. Lived in Europe, Asia, Middle East and Australasia, once upon a time from New Zealand.
Please note: I retain exclusive copyright on all of my work -- no images may be reproduced, manipulated, edited or otherwise used in any form either online or in print without my express written permission. I do not give away my images for free so please don't ask.
Also on about.me.
Photos of Lil [Kristen Elsby] (4)
- Not be grounded 537 photos, 173 members
- Glaciers, Icefields and Icebergs 21,107 photos, 2,608 members
- Backcountry skiing 7,084 photos, 3,450 members
- Chamonix Mont Blanc 1,225 photos, 151 members
- Ski photography 5,160 photos, 1,058 members
- Alps 137,916 photos, 7,653 members
- Ultimate Wildlife Photography 44,828 photos, 1,842 members
- Wildlife of Africa 2,549 photos, 86 members
- *The Wildlife Photography 181,397 photos, 10,045 members
- Africa 252,645 photos, 11,727 members
- @Uganda@ 13,302 photos, 574 members
- Mountain Gorillas 2,184 photos, 403 members
- Rwanda 4,055 photos, 308 members
- Cuban Cars / Carros Cubanos 8,790 photos, 974 members
- Cars from the Past: Classic Cars 615,702 photos, 16,197 members
- Life's a Beach (vintage photos) 825 photos, 35 members
- Cuba Travel 11,013 photos, 347 members
- Transportation of Cuba 5,655 photos, 547 members
- Trinidad Cuba 2,992 photos, 278 members
- Cuba Collection 55,868 photos, 2,516 members
- Cuba Photos 34,838 photos, 2,323 members
- Havana 6,284 photos, 359 members
- Havana / La Habana 28,853 photos, 1,756 members
- Cuba: Los Habaneros 4,065 photos, 267 members
- Old Japan 1,436 photos, 69 members
- Vintage Photos... of YOU! 2,866 photos, 462 members
- Syria 29,085 photos, 1,465 members
- Vanuatu 2,513 photos, 230 members
- South Pacific Islands 9,591 photos, 481 members
- Polynesian Perspective 5,119 photos, 466 members
- Korea Images 109,975 photos, 6,151 members
- People in Seoul 7,533 photos, 689 members
- Portugal 167,168 photos, 8,236 members
- Armenia 7,675 photos, 780 members
- The World Beard & Moustache Championships 1,297 photos, 256 members
- Geneva, Switzerland 14,745 photos, 1,471 members
- ßε-minimal 5,028 photos, 596 members
- Human in Geometry 63,998 photos, 5,019 members
- Street Photography - Bangladesh 7,426 photos, 626 members
- Explore Bangladesh 13,629 photos, 873 members
- Bangladesh – Land of Rivers & Boats 4,650 photos, 1,487 members
- Dhaka, Bangladesh 6,781 photos, 534 members
- People and Landscapes in Asia 3,806 photos, 198 members
- Vernacular Photo 18,299 photos, 552 members
- Pre-1962 America in Color 478 photos, 612 members
- Thailand Images 217,019 photos, 11,856 members
- 1.000+ Faves 341 photos, 305 members
- Myanmar Street Photographers (MMSP) Community 679 photos, 367 members
- Mrauk U (Burma) 1,833 photos, 53 members
- Cambodia Today 24,646 photos, 1,122 members
"I've been watching Lil's photography grow for many years now, and I must say that I am impressed with the body of work she has amassed along the way, alongside the tremendous skills she's developed. She is becoming a truly great photographer and I am looking forward to seeing what she brings to us over the coming years! Always interesting, never dull. Love it! Keep 'em coming, Lil."
February 15th, 2008
~ fernando says:
"What is here? Amazement? Wait, it is. Amazement. Amazement at all sorts of images that reveal details that I cannot anticipate. That is a real talent to seek in a photographer, and to enjoy the photograph, as they stay in your mind long after you close the browser, and follow you when you are making certain shots with your own camera. We can say this about many subjects that Lil chooses, but there is also quite an impression that her composition and choice of light/shadows brings to what we see, and it increases the pleasure of watching her photographs.
Sometimes I forget about this amazement and just repeat to myself: "how the hell did she get that shot?" ARGH! Still, I think it is just a more vulgar way of saying amazement."
September 24th, 2006
"Lil' shots are individually surprising (few examples: "Cooling off", "Lone shark", the "America architectural icons" set, "KGB inner prison", the "New York life" set). She gives us the world as a special present. A landmark in my daily walk through Flikr's feelings."
August 14th, 2005
"Insightful without the need for words."
February 23rd, 2005
"Not only does she take amazing shots, she has us think about the world in a different way."
February 19th, 2005
"lil has been my friend for a long time, yet I still get amazed when I see some of her photos.
How can she see what I see in such a different way?
It's exciting to watch her development in both skill and confidence as a photographer.
Am always waiting eagerly to see the next phase!"
January 15th, 2005
Sam Scholes says:
"The countries of the world offer a diverse and wonderful landscape to photograph. From South Africa to Tokyo and on to New York City there are so many things to see and be part of. Kristen has the good fortune of traveling extensively and her photographs chronicle her adventures. Through her work we have the opportunity to travel along with her and see a world of life and people, of remarkable architecture, curiosities, and strange foods. But Kristen does more then simply capture images of these things, she brings them to life through well composed and finely executed photographs. There is more to her work then just pretty pictures and she is a photographer worth paying attention to."
January 7th, 2005
- Kristen Elsby
- August 2004
- Geneva, Switzerland
- I am: