Humanitarian advocacy and communications specialist, aid worker, independent photographer, avid traveller, and keen diver. Lived in Europe, Asia, Middle East and Australasia, once upon a time from New Zealand.
Please note: I retain exclusive copyright on all of my work -- no images may be reproduced, manipulated, edited or otherwise used in any form either online or in print without my express written permission. I do not give away my images for free so please don't ask.
Also on about.me.
Photos of Lil [Kristen Elsby] (4)
- @Uganda@ 13,094 photos, 571 members
- Mountain Gorillas 2,109 photos, 397 members
- Rwanda 4,054 photos, 307 members
- Cuban Cars / Carros Cubanos 8,496 photos, 947 members
- Cars from the Past: Classic Cars 591,970 photos, 15,778 members
- Life's a Beach (vintage photos) 766 photos, 35 members
- Cuba Travel 9,996 photos, 318 members
- Transportation of Cuba 5,495 photos, 536 members
- Trinidad Cuba 2,869 photos, 263 members
- Cuba Collection 53,180 photos, 2,405 members
- Cuba Photos 33,404 photos, 2,225 members
- Havana 5,536 photos, 339 members
- Havana / La Habana 27,639 photos, 1,713 members
- Cuba: Los Habaneros 3,898 photos, 259 members
- Old Japan 1,409 photos, 68 members
- Vintage Photos... of YOU! 2,843 photos, 458 members
- Syria 29,039 photos, 1,456 members
- Vanuatu 2,506 photos, 225 members
- South Pacific Islands 9,351 photos, 474 members
- Polynesian Perspective 4,992 photos, 462 members
- Korea Images 109,202 photos, 6,078 members
- People in Seoul 7,304 photos, 680 members
- Portugal 162,153 photos, 8,062 members
- Armenia 7,423 photos, 767 members
- The World Beard & Moustache Championships 1,293 photos, 254 members
- Geneva, Switzerland 14,533 photos, 1,460 members
- ßε-minimal 5,033 photos, 591 members
- Human in Geometry 62,123 photos, 4,894 members
- Street Photography - Bangladesh 6,647 photos, 600 members
- Explore Bangladesh 13,041 photos, 850 members
- Bangladesh – Land of Rivers & Boats 4,654 photos, 1,469 members
- Dhaka, Bangladesh 6,617 photos, 531 members
- People and Landscapes in Asia 3,777 photos, 178 members
- Vernacular Photo 17,867 photos, 546 members
- Pre-1962 America in Color 482 photos, 609 members
- Thailand Images 211,518 photos, 11,639 members
- 1.000+ Faves 273 photos, 228 members
- Myanmar Street Photographers (MMSP) Community 679 photos, 362 members
- Mrauk U (Burma) 1,810 photos, 50 members
- Cambodia Today 24,063 photos, 1,082 members
- Angkor 13,713 photos, 936 members
- Cambodia Images 85,460 photos, 5,798 members
- Stopping Time 22,136 photos, 2,433 members
- Multiples 7,926 photos, 532 members
- Undergrounds and Subways 72,287 photos, 9,069 members
- metros (around the world) 45,928 photos, 6,100 members
- People On Public Transit 10,998 photos, 1,354 members
- *The North Korean Paradise* 3,825 photos, 162 members
- 北韓圖片 North Korea Images 북한그림 8,628 photos, 354 members
- DPRK (North Korea) 28,822 photos, 888 members
"I've been watching Lil's photography grow for many years now, and I must say that I am impressed with the body of work she has amassed along the way, alongside the tremendous skills she's developed. She is becoming a truly great photographer and I am looking forward to seeing what she brings to us over the coming years! Always interesting, never dull. Love it! Keep 'em coming, Lil."
February 15th, 2008
~ fernando says:
"What is here? Amazement? Wait, it is. Amazement. Amazement at all sorts of images that reveal details that I cannot anticipate. That is a real talent to seek in a photographer, and to enjoy the photograph, as they stay in your mind long after you close the browser, and follow you when you are making certain shots with your own camera. We can say this about many subjects that Lil chooses, but there is also quite an impression that her composition and choice of light/shadows brings to what we see, and it increases the pleasure of watching her photographs.
Sometimes I forget about this amazement and just repeat to myself: "how the hell did she get that shot?" ARGH! Still, I think it is just a more vulgar way of saying amazement."
September 24th, 2006
"Lil' shots are individually surprising (few examples: "Cooling off", "Lone shark", the "America architectural icons" set, "KGB inner prison", the "New York life" set). She gives us the world as a special present. A landmark in my daily walk through Flikr's feelings."
August 14th, 2005
"Insightful without the need for words."
February 23rd, 2005
"Not only does she take amazing shots, she has us think about the world in a different way."
February 19th, 2005
"lil has been my friend for a long time, yet I still get amazed when I see some of her photos.
How can she see what I see in such a different way?
It's exciting to watch her development in both skill and confidence as a photographer.
Am always waiting eagerly to see the next phase!"
January 15th, 2005
Sam Scholes says:
"The countries of the world offer a diverse and wonderful landscape to photograph. From South Africa to Tokyo and on to New York City there are so many things to see and be part of. Kristen has the good fortune of traveling extensively and her photographs chronicle her adventures. Through her work we have the opportunity to travel along with her and see a world of life and people, of remarkable architecture, curiosities, and strange foods. But Kristen does more then simply capture images of these things, she brings them to life through well composed and finely executed photographs. There is more to her work then just pretty pictures and she is a photographer worth paying attention to."
January 7th, 2005
- Kristen Elsby
- August 2004
- Geneva, Switzerland
- I am: