In my head, a mixture of the truth and view is something with which i like to amuse myself. i have drawn pictures and taken photos. i play, do stuff and generally try to take in as much of the world around me as i can without falling over...
I believe that a passion for narrative and subject is an essential pre-requisite for a successful painting. If the artist feels ambivalent about whatever is captured in a photograph, a sketchbook or on canvas how can they hope to have any impact on those who see the final piece? Without authority the artist will leave his audience frustrated or worse, indifferent. Communicating mood & emotion are my most important motivators for making images. I’ve never been overly concerned with technical perfection or producing an accurate pictorial record of a subject or a location. For me the heart of painting and photography is to capture and communicate an atmosphere and what I’m feeling, as much (if not more) than what I see at the time of painting.
If my paintings, sketches and photography speak to the viewer on an emotional level then I have succeeded in my work.
- sketching for architecture 25,325 photos, 996 members
- Urban Sketchers 266,243 photos, 10,372 members
- →Group wi†h Ҽxperience⏎ 3,878,657 photos, 549,169 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,231 members
- Arch Daily 217,784 photos, 8,768 members
- A - Art 14,118 photos, 329 members
- Your Best Photography 2,916,846 photos, 48,094 members
- A - Tracción / Attraction 2,832 photos, 125 members
- Jumping Project 50,933 photos, 34,195 members
- Art Journal 121,484 photos, 5,202 members
- The Blues Bar 53 photos, 3 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 400,647 photos, 103,444 members
- LIGHT PAINTING 66,708 photos, 5,684 members
- illusions (NO photoshop creations, please!) 9,894 photos, 1,843 members
- Light Painted Toys 948 photos, 630 members
- The Art of Light Painting 20,809 photos, 1,867 members
- Movement Of Light 8,173 photos, 929 members
- -The Cafe- 1,186,231 photos, 27,056 members
- Artwork Goes Here 1,455 photos, 195 members
- hopes4dopes Comics 214 photos, 97 members
- Graphic Designers Moonlighting as Photographers 327,707 photos, 25,140 members
- Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? 11 photos, 8 members
- 1234hrsGMT. a momentographic rotation. 29 photos, 8 members
- Moleskine Shots 2,246 photos, 273 members
- Guess Where UK? 21 photos, 520 members
- what's in your bookcase/ CD collection/ pantry/ refrigerator 115 photos, 75 members
- CLOSED GROUP! 3,004 photos, 811 members
- me - then and now 10 photos, 38 members
- moly_x: an international moleskine sketchbook exchange 2,542 photos, 1,670 members
- Beyond the Best 179 photos, 43 members
- Moleskine Covers 585 photos, 536 members
- Nearly home 1,603 photos, 111 members
- Personal Landmark 167 photos, 105 members
- You Think this is Art 2,003,958 photos, 73,886 members
- The Garden Gnome Award Group 7,319 photos, 568 members
- Triptychs 15,828 photos, 4,359 members
- Faces of DEATH. 249 photos, 107 members
- The Look of Love 20 photos, 115 members
- Harrogate Music Scene 83 photos, 18 members
- dog poo bin 61 photos, 20 members
- Colagem panorama 318 photos, 49 members
- Two Wheeled Tripod 305 photos, 32 members
- Simpson Avatars 972 photos, 736 members
- Utata 464,499 photos, 28,523 members
- The Woman Who Only Ate Butterflies 0 photos, 2 members
- RateMyFate 0 photos, 2 members
- RateMyDate 0 photos, 4 members
- RateMyMate 2 photos, 3 members
- RateMyGate 34 photos, 10 members
- Artists And Their Art 214,012 photos, 6,861 members
teenage jesus says:
"paintmonkey's work is a proof that it is possible to work with images and to go beyond the standard (slack) representation of reality.
thank you darem"
October 1st, 2008
descriptive control says:
"I absolutely love paintMonkey's photos. When I first started on Flickr, I discovered his albums and have been coming back ever since. I especially enjoy the momentographies, there is so much to see and I really like the sneak peak into another's life that way. It's very interesting! He inspires me, too. Thank you paintMonkey!"
May 24th, 2007
"What a genious! Talented and so very super. I utterly jealous of the multiple photo images, because every one turns out brilliantly; so well, in fact, that it seems like it might be simple. (It's not, unless you are very talented, it's mega hard!). Anywho, brilliant, wonderful, sooper and everything. Trust me. OR just see for yourself. Rock on (:"
April 10th, 2007
swanky lunch says:
"this guys photos are always great, i especially enjoy his self perspective ones, they are a treat to view how he "see's" things. since no one ever see's thngs the same, i especially enjoy seeing them from his, witch is a new way i never seen before.
take a journey threw his stream and you will be pleasently pleased."
January 8th, 2007
A complex character; He posesses a wonderfully creative mind, capable of sometimes bizarre, sometimes sublime, lateral thought.
He's kind, funny, intelligent and a doting father.
I'm happy to call him a friend... believe in the Paintmonkey!
Oh... his music taste is a bit naff."
November 28th, 2006
"A fine chap is the ooh_paintmonkey veriety. A non self confessed artist, poet (even though I don't like that word it seems to suit) and writer. A top chap with a stunning imagination.
He's got a naff taste in music though."
July 8th, 2006
- July 2006
- Otley, England
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Artist & Creative Photographer