Ennor's flickr score: 4417
I spent most of my life in a small village in Kent, in the South East of England. In 2001 I was made redundant after 33 years at the same company, and because of my age (56 at the time) and health problems I decided I may find it difficult to find employment and so sold the large house I lived in and bought a small Park Home (mobile home) in Cornwall. Within a year of moving here I encountered a new medical problem and underwent major heart surgery. I moved to Cornwall, in the South West of Britain, because I loved the area and wanted to spend what time I have left on this planet exploring it.
I take many photos of Cornwall, of the coastal scenery and towns, and some on Dartmoor which is another area I love. I also travel to the Lake District in Cumbria each year, one of the most beautiful areas of the British Isles, and of course I take many photos there also.
I upload many of the photos I take into albums at Webshots and ImageEvent - both sites are almost a mirror of each other with just a few differences. My intention is to upload some of what I consider to be the best of my photos to Flickr
More of my life and thoughts are in my journal
My World As I See It - a photo journal
There's more about me in this authors interview I wrote for the authors interview* group
- Royal Cornwall Show (RCS) 46 photos, 6 members
- Another Day In The Life Of ... 620 photos, 47 members
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan (Official) 515 photos, 88 members
- Search The Best (Post INVITED Photos Only) 1,664 photos, 560 members
- * "For the Love of Alpacas, Llamas, Camels & Horses" 1,980 photos, 218 members
- World Aviation Pics and Vids 481,167 photos, 1,520 members
- North cornwall 2,171 photos, 92 members
- MAGNIFICENT SHIPS 58,409 photos, 1,853 members
- DILO 121 photos, 21 members
- Everything Lake District 3,494 photos, 135 members
- Looe 1,705 photos, 116 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 40,550 photos, 5,086 members
- British fruit and veg 729 photos, 139 members
- Garden Ideas 4,925 photos, 696 members
- Shadow & Light (Post 1 - Comment on 1) 91,385 photos, 3,651 members
- St Ives, Cornwall 3,619 photos, 210 members
- Nikon D80 Users 599,156 photos, 23,979 members
- SOS Haiti 1,624 photos, 384 members
- ~Churches of Cornwall~ 3,453 photos, 76 members
- Flower Close-Ups 1,133,935 photos, 62,294 members
- Dahlias Unlimited 5,800 photos, 522 members
- Dahlias UK 1,060 photos, 95 members
- Dahlias 13,696 photos, 1,447 members
- Macro World (:: Post 1, comment on any 3! ::) 97,320 photos, 11,726 members
- British Photographers 486,301 photos, 5,176 members
- The Bistro (Founded 2008) 109,423 photos, 2,313 members
- Lanhydrock - National Trust 753 photos, 72 members
- Sky As A Canvas ~ ~ ~ 142,523 photos, 9,966 members
- Nikon flickr Award (Post 1 - Award 3) 866,895 photos, 28,696 members
- Your Eden Project 107 photos, 64 members
- Lake Coniston, UK 603 photos, 118 members
- Windermere 1,609 photos, 324 members
- England, Beautiful English Scenes 72,639 photos, 1,218 members
- Stately Homes, Palaces and Castles 29,035 photos, 1,305 members
- hoods & hobbies? 333 photos, 46 members
- Saint Piran & Saint Piran's Day ~ Cornwall 83 photos, 11 members
- Lake District Emporium Of Fantasy 6,241 photos, 158 members
- The Pasty 997 photos, 144 members
- Bodmin Moor 1,440 photos, 158 members
- Corel Paint Shop Pro 56,394 photos, 2,699 members
- Lost Gardens of Heligan 1,862 photos, 181 members
- Senior Moments 140,647 photos, 475 members
- The Flickerites raid Mullion Cove 40 photos, 6 members
- Cornwall Landmarks and Legends 3,229 photos, 286 members
- Hot for Hibiscus 4,570 photos, 550 members
- Ridiculously Over Packaged Products 115 photos, 90 members
- Pink 2008 20,432 photos, 8,548 members
- Cornwall 365 ~ 572 photos, 12 members
- Mail-Coaching in the 18th Century. 258 photos, 31 members
- River Bridges in the UK. 4,747 photos, 294 members
"barry takes excellent shots of whatever he photographs. i particularly enjoy his nature shots, as they capture the depth and beauty of what nature entails."
February 3rd, 2009
"Barry is not only a good photographer, admirer of all the nature and beauty of the countryside, great supporter of the Eden project but a really good contact. He is always faithful in following up his contacts and their photostreams and always encouraging. Of course I'm biased, being Cornish (!) but seriously, he is a thoroughly nice guy."
December 9th, 2007
"Just love the world you manage to capture behing your camera.
Keep up the good work, Barry."
June 3rd, 2007
"Barry might be a wizard, a jedi master, a mutant, an extra terrestrial or perhaps a retired superhero with odd super power but he's definitely not an ordinary human being. His hairy and purplish complexion confirms this!
Until this very moment, I still wonder how did he manage to be extremely crazy and ridiculously wonderful friend at the same time. Not to mention his photostream will take to to wander endlessly around ravishing countryside view of old Cornwall. I go to sleep dreaming about this gorgeous place. Barry is my most favourite flickr friend ever! ;D"
February 12th, 2006
"Barry is a great person...His photos are a lovely testimonial of the popular culture, and his comments are really charming. I also have to thank his present, 'cause he gave me my flickr pro account!!"
August 19th, 2005
"Sensible, good taste, more than beautiful pictures....he is there at the right time!"
March 16th, 2005
- December 2004
- St. Columb Major, Kernow (a.k.a. Cornwall), U.K.
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Part time philosopher
- BarryTrek @ Live Journal