Ennor's flickr score: 4417
I spent most of my life in a small village in Kent, in the South East of England. In 2001 I was made redundant after 33 years at the same company, and because of my age (56 at the time) and health problems I decided I may find it difficult to find employment and so sold the large house I lived in and bought a small Park Home (mobile home) in Cornwall. Within a year of moving here I encountered a new medical problem and underwent major heart surgery. I moved to Cornwall, in the South West of Britain, because I loved the area and wanted to spend what time I have left on this planet exploring it.
I take many photos of Cornwall, of the coastal scenery and towns, and some on Dartmoor which is another area I love. I also travel to the Lake District in Cumbria each year, one of the most beautiful areas of the British Isles, and of course I take many photos there also.
I upload many of the photos I take into albums at Webshots and ImageEvent - both sites are almost a mirror of each other with just a few differences. My intention is to upload some of what I consider to be the best of my photos to Flickr
More of my life and thoughts are in my journal
My World As I See It - a photo journal
There's more about me in this authors interview I wrote for the authors interview* group
- Royal Cornwall Show (RCS) 46 photos, 6 members
- Another Day In The Life Of ... 414 photos, 44 members
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan (Official) 484 photos, 80 members
- Search The Best (Post INVITED Photos Only) 1,680 photos, 564 members
- * "For the Love of Alpacas, Llamas, Camels & Horses" 1,711 photos, 218 members
- World Aviation Pics & Vids 281,681 photos, 1,048 members
- North cornwall 1,265 photos, 75 members
- MAGNIFICENT SHIPS 53,827 photos, 1,664 members
- DILO 121 photos, 24 members
- Everything Lake District 2,814 photos, 105 members
- Looe 1,449 photos, 99 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,112 photos, 5,114 members
- British fruit and veg 645 photos, 119 members
- Garden Ideas 2,516 photos, 464 members
- Shadow & Light (Post 1 - Comment on 1) 87,202 photos, 3,564 members
- St Ives, Cornwall 2,560 photos, 175 members
- Nikon D80 Users 599,366 photos, 24,079 members
- SOS Haiti 1,573 photos, 367 members
- ~Churches of Cornwall~ 3,241 photos, 76 members
- Flower Close-Ups 1,081,719 photos, 60,982 members
- Dahlias Unlimited 4,738 photos, 426 members
- Dahlias UK 572 photos, 66 members
- Dahlias 11,791 photos, 1,343 members
- Macro World (:: Post 1, comment on any 3! ::) 86,772 photos, 11,428 members
- British Photographers 380,631 photos, 4,669 members
- The Bistro (Founded 2008) 101,105 photos, 2,311 members
- Lanhydrock - National Trust 567 photos, 56 members
- Sky As A Canvas ~ ~ ~ 119,750 photos, 9,272 members
- Nikon flickr Award (Post 1 - Award 3) 775,396 photos, 27,963 members
- Your Eden Project 107 photos, 63 members
- Lake Coniston, UK 576 photos, 106 members
- Windermere 1,479 photos, 291 members
- England, Beautiful English Scenes 47,208 photos, 929 members
- Stately Homes, Palaces and Castles 22,513 photos, 1,178 members
- hoods & hobbies? 333 photos, 47 members
- Saint Piran & Saint Piran's Day ~ Cornwall 84 photos, 12 members
- Lake District Emporium Of Fantasy 5,899 photos, 158 members
- The Pasty 954 photos, 140 members
- Bodmin Moor 1,242 photos, 141 members
- Corel Paint Shop Pro 49,007 photos, 2,684 members
- Lost Gardens of Heligan 1,465 photos, 169 members
- Senior Moments 117,050 photos, 406 members
- The Flickerites raid Mullion Cove 40 photos, 6 members
- Cornwall Landmarks and Legends 3,070 photos, 266 members
- Hot for Hibiscus 4,219 photos, 532 members
- Ridiculously Over Packaged Products 119 photos, 89 members
- Pink 2008 20,608 photos, 8,627 members
- Cornwall 365 ~ 571 photos, 12 members
- Mail-Coaching in the 18th Century. 260 photos, 31 members
- River Bridges in the UK. 4,212 photos, 268 members
"barry takes excellent shots of whatever he photographs. i particularly enjoy his nature shots, as they capture the depth and beauty of what nature entails."
February 3rd, 2009
"Barry is not only a good photographer, admirer of all the nature and beauty of the countryside, great supporter of the Eden project but a really good contact. He is always faithful in following up his contacts and their photostreams and always encouraging. Of course I'm biased, being Cornish (!) but seriously, he is a thoroughly nice guy."
December 9th, 2007
"Just love the world you manage to capture behing your camera.
Keep up the good work, Barry."
June 3rd, 2007
"Barry might be a wizard, a jedi master, a mutant, an extra terrestrial or perhaps a retired superhero with odd super power but he's definitely not an ordinary human being. His hairy and purplish complexion confirms this!
Until this very moment, I still wonder how did he manage to be extremely crazy and ridiculously wonderful friend at the same time. Not to mention his photostream will take to to wander endlessly around ravishing countryside view of old Cornwall. I go to sleep dreaming about this gorgeous place. Barry is my most favourite flickr friend ever! ;D"
February 12th, 2006
"Barry is a great person...His photos are a lovely testimonial of the popular culture, and his comments are really charming. I also have to thank his present, 'cause he gave me my flickr pro account!!"
August 19th, 2005
"Sensible, good taste, more than beautiful pictures....he is there at the right time!"
March 16th, 2005
- December 2004
- St. Columb Major, Kernow (a.k.a. Cornwall), U.K.
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Part time philosopher
- BarryTrek @ Live Journal