Ennor's flickr score: 4417
I spent most of my life in a small village in Kent, in the South East of England. In 2001 I was made redundant after 33 years at the same company, and because of my age (56 at the time) and health problems I decided I may find it difficult to find employment and so sold the large house I lived in and bought a small Park Home (mobile home) in Cornwall. Within a year of moving here I encountered a new medical problem and underwent major heart surgery. I moved to Cornwall, in the South West of Britain, because I loved the area and wanted to spend what time I have left on this planet exploring it.
I take many photos of Cornwall, of the coastal scenery and towns, and some on Dartmoor which is another area I love. I also travel to the Lake District in Cumbria each year, one of the most beautiful areas of the British Isles, and of course I take many photos there also.
I upload many of the photos I take into albums at Webshots and ImageEvent - both sites are almost a mirror of each other with just a few differences. My intention is to upload some of what I consider to be the best of my photos to Flickr
More of my life and thoughts are in my journal
My World As I See It - a photo journal
There's more about me in this authors interview I wrote for the authors interview* group
- Royal Cornwall Show (RCS) 46 photos, 6 members
- Another Day In The Life Of ... 450 photos, 43 members
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan (Official) 492 photos, 84 members
- Search The Best (Post INVITED Photos Only) 1,673 photos, 562 members
- * "For the Love of Alpacas, Llamas, Camels & Horses" 1,863 photos, 217 members
- World Aviation Pics & Vids 327,808 photos, 1,166 members
- North cornwall 1,588 photos, 85 members
- MAGNIFICENT SHIPS 56,161 photos, 1,721 members
- DILO 121 photos, 24 members
- Everything Lake District 2,951 photos, 114 members
- Looe 1,513 photos, 104 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 40,999 photos, 5,108 members
- British fruit and veg 672 photos, 126 members
- Garden Ideas 3,064 photos, 518 members
- Shadow & Light (Post 1 - Comment on 1) 90,027 photos, 3,596 members
- St Ives, Cornwall 2,699 photos, 189 members
- Nikon D80 Users 598,260 photos, 24,051 members
- SOS Haiti 1,575 photos, 373 members
- ~Churches of Cornwall~ 3,361 photos, 76 members
- Flower Close-Ups 1,106,618 photos, 61,398 members
- Dahlias Unlimited 5,061 photos, 463 members
- Dahlias UK 733 photos, 80 members
- Dahlias 12,437 photos, 1,382 members
- Macro World (:: Post 1, comment on any 3! ::) 89,830 photos, 11,528 members
- British Photographers 409,670 photos, 4,813 members
- The Bistro (Founded 2008) 103,241 photos, 2,304 members
- Lanhydrock - National Trust 623 photos, 63 members
- Sky As A Canvas ~ ~ ~ 126,313 photos, 9,473 members
- Nikon flickr Award (Post 1 - Award 3) 801,688 photos, 28,247 members
- Your Eden Project 107 photos, 63 members
- Lake Coniston, UK 598 photos, 109 members
- Windermere 1,492 photos, 300 members
- England, Beautiful English Scenes 53,005 photos, 1,004 members
- Stately Homes, Palaces and Castles 23,784 photos, 1,206 members
- hoods & hobbies? 333 photos, 47 members
- Saint Piran & Saint Piran's Day ~ Cornwall 84 photos, 11 members
- Lake District Emporium Of Fantasy 5,989 photos, 158 members
- The Pasty 954 photos, 141 members
- Bodmin Moor 1,315 photos, 148 members
- Corel Paint Shop Pro 51,577 photos, 2,686 members
- Lost Gardens of Heligan 1,471 photos, 172 members
- Senior Moments 123,113 photos, 427 members
- The Flickerites raid Mullion Cove 40 photos, 6 members
- Cornwall Landmarks and Legends 3,282 photos, 279 members
- Hot for Hibiscus 4,261 photos, 539 members
- Ridiculously Over Packaged Products 119 photos, 90 members
- Pink 2008 20,551 photos, 8,607 members
- Cornwall 365 ~ 571 photos, 12 members
- Mail-Coaching in the 18th Century. 262 photos, 31 members
- River Bridges in the UK. 4,325 photos, 277 members
"barry takes excellent shots of whatever he photographs. i particularly enjoy his nature shots, as they capture the depth and beauty of what nature entails."
February 3rd, 2009
"Barry is not only a good photographer, admirer of all the nature and beauty of the countryside, great supporter of the Eden project but a really good contact. He is always faithful in following up his contacts and their photostreams and always encouraging. Of course I'm biased, being Cornish (!) but seriously, he is a thoroughly nice guy."
December 9th, 2007
"Just love the world you manage to capture behing your camera.
Keep up the good work, Barry."
June 3rd, 2007
"Barry might be a wizard, a jedi master, a mutant, an extra terrestrial or perhaps a retired superhero with odd super power but he's definitely not an ordinary human being. His hairy and purplish complexion confirms this!
Until this very moment, I still wonder how did he manage to be extremely crazy and ridiculously wonderful friend at the same time. Not to mention his photostream will take to to wander endlessly around ravishing countryside view of old Cornwall. I go to sleep dreaming about this gorgeous place. Barry is my most favourite flickr friend ever! ;D"
February 12th, 2006
"Barry is a great person...His photos are a lovely testimonial of the popular culture, and his comments are really charming. I also have to thank his present, 'cause he gave me my flickr pro account!!"
August 19th, 2005
"Sensible, good taste, more than beautiful pictures....he is there at the right time!"
March 16th, 2005
- December 2004
- St. Columb Major, Kernow (a.k.a. Cornwall), U.K.
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Part time philosopher
- BarryTrek @ Live Journal