Ennor's flickr score: 4417
I spent most of my life in a small village in Kent, in the South East of England. In 2001 I was made redundant after 33 years at the same company, and because of my age (56 at the time) and health problems I decided I may find it difficult to find employment and so sold the large house I lived in and bought a small Park Home (mobile home) in Cornwall. Within a year of moving here I encountered a new medical problem and underwent major heart surgery. I moved to Cornwall, in the South West of Britain, because I loved the area and wanted to spend what time I have left on this planet exploring it.
I take many photos of Cornwall, of the coastal scenery and towns, and some on Dartmoor which is another area I love. I also travel to the Lake District in Cumbria each year, one of the most beautiful areas of the British Isles, and of course I take many photos there also.
I upload many of the photos I take into albums at Webshots and ImageEvent - both sites are almost a mirror of each other with just a few differences. My intention is to upload some of what I consider to be the best of my photos to Flickr
More of my life and thoughts are in my journal
My World As I See It - a photo journal
There's more about me in this authors interview I wrote for the authors interview* group
- Royal Cornwall Show (RCS) 46 photos, 6 members
- Another Day In The Life Of ... 450 photos, 44 members
- The Lost Gardens of Heligan (Official) 489 photos, 83 members
- Search The Best (Post INVITED Photos Only) 1,679 photos, 560 members
- * "For the Love of Alpacas, Llamas, Camels & Horses" 1,863 photos, 216 members
- World Aviation Pics & Vids 312,317 photos, 1,120 members
- North cornwall 1,484 photos, 85 members
- MAGNIFICENT SHIPS 55,234 photos, 1,700 members
- DILO 121 photos, 24 members
- Everything Lake District 2,893 photos, 112 members
- Looe 1,489 photos, 102 members
- The Gallery Of Fine Photography [DISCONTINUED] 41,053 photos, 5,106 members
- British fruit and veg 670 photos, 127 members
- Garden Ideas 2,896 photos, 498 members
- Shadow & Light (Post 1 - Comment on 1) 88,937 photos, 3,590 members
- St Ives, Cornwall 2,673 photos, 189 members
- Nikon D80 Users 598,171 photos, 24,064 members
- SOS Haiti 1,575 photos, 372 members
- ~Churches of Cornwall~ 3,282 photos, 76 members
- Flower Close-Ups 1,100,439 photos, 61,262 members
- Dahlias Unlimited 4,972 photos, 455 members
- Dahlias UK 682 photos, 79 members
- Dahlias 12,368 photos, 1,379 members
- Macro World (:: Post 1, comment on any 3! ::) 88,810 photos, 11,499 members
- British Photographers 398,595 photos, 4,759 members
- The Bistro (Founded 2008) 102,373 photos, 2,303 members
- Lanhydrock - National Trust 603 photos, 61 members
- Sky As A Canvas ~ ~ ~ 124,101 photos, 9,413 members
- Nikon flickr Award (Post 1 - Award 3) 792,446 photos, 28,157 members
- Your Eden Project 107 photos, 63 members
- Lake Coniston, UK 585 photos, 107 members
- Windermere 1,489 photos, 296 members
- England, Beautiful English Scenes 50,665 photos, 981 members
- Stately Homes, Palaces and Castles 23,433 photos, 1,194 members
- hoods & hobbies? 333 photos, 47 members
- Saint Piran & Saint Piran's Day ~ Cornwall 84 photos, 11 members
- Lake District Emporium Of Fantasy 5,948 photos, 158 members
- The Pasty 954 photos, 141 members
- Bodmin Moor 1,282 photos, 146 members
- Corel Paint Shop Pro 50,811 photos, 2,684 members
- Lost Gardens of Heligan 1,469 photos, 170 members
- Senior Moments 120,869 photos, 417 members
- The Flickerites raid Mullion Cove 40 photos, 6 members
- Cornwall Landmarks and Legends 3,293 photos, 274 members
- Hot for Hibiscus 4,273 photos, 534 members
- Ridiculously Over Packaged Products 119 photos, 89 members
- Pink 2008 20,579 photos, 8,613 members
- Cornwall 365 ~ 571 photos, 12 members
- Mail-Coaching in the 18th Century. 262 photos, 31 members
- River Bridges in the UK. 4,290 photos, 272 members
"barry takes excellent shots of whatever he photographs. i particularly enjoy his nature shots, as they capture the depth and beauty of what nature entails."
February 3rd, 2009
"Barry is not only a good photographer, admirer of all the nature and beauty of the countryside, great supporter of the Eden project but a really good contact. He is always faithful in following up his contacts and their photostreams and always encouraging. Of course I'm biased, being Cornish (!) but seriously, he is a thoroughly nice guy."
December 9th, 2007
"Just love the world you manage to capture behing your camera.
Keep up the good work, Barry."
June 3rd, 2007
"Barry might be a wizard, a jedi master, a mutant, an extra terrestrial or perhaps a retired superhero with odd super power but he's definitely not an ordinary human being. His hairy and purplish complexion confirms this!
Until this very moment, I still wonder how did he manage to be extremely crazy and ridiculously wonderful friend at the same time. Not to mention his photostream will take to to wander endlessly around ravishing countryside view of old Cornwall. I go to sleep dreaming about this gorgeous place. Barry is my most favourite flickr friend ever! ;D"
February 12th, 2006
"Barry is a great person...His photos are a lovely testimonial of the popular culture, and his comments are really charming. I also have to thank his present, 'cause he gave me my flickr pro account!!"
August 19th, 2005
"Sensible, good taste, more than beautiful pictures....he is there at the right time!"
March 16th, 2005
- December 2004
- St. Columb Major, Kernow (a.k.a. Cornwall), U.K.
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Part time philosopher
- BarryTrek @ Live Journal