- WALLPAPERS ALLERLEI 5,722 photos, 62 members
- Ramona Magazine for Girls 2,562 photos, 325 members
- we still care 69,329 photos, 1,766 members
- Awake Platform 11,579 photos, 1,515 members
- Abandoned Places and Industrial Landscapes 5,144 photos, 494 members
- Saccades Project 75,688 photos, 2,338 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 92,511 photos, 7,137 members
- Evoking You 55,620 photos, 3,624 members
- Experimental Dream 226,838 photos, 9,378 members
- Bright and Cheery 307 photos, 33 members
- Svn/\Moon 1,273 photos, 87 members
- Time Stops Zine 3,619 photos, 255 members
- Item Collaboration 1,583 photos, 262 members
- DRS Productions 1 photo, 59 members
- Funky Flickr People on Facebook 59 photos, 19 members
- mirror/ reflection self portraits 49 photos, 124 members
- My Brown-Eyed Girl 20,720 photos, 3,380 members
- † film 39,921 photos, 1,022 members
- TalkUrbex.com 135,603 photos, 2,243 members
- Gravel Road Photography 39,055 photos, 1,084 members
- North Dakota Photographers 9,947 photos, 148 members
- Abandoned Hospitals 18,575 photos, 866 members
- Abandoned United States of America 10,737 photos, 832 members
- morgue and girls 1 photo, 97 members
- abandoned asylums 19,257 photos, 1,016 members
- Abandoned, Decayed & Forgotten 117,900 photos, 2,289 members
- In Love With Love ♥ 4,652 photos, 821 members
- The Coca-Cola Company 7,953 photos, 3,174 members
- PONY ANARCHY MAGAZINE 2,906 photos, 2,271 members
- Freelensing 10,199 photos, 3,839 members
- Puppy Lovin' 6,554 photos, 1,025 members
- dreaming state 1,377 photos, 1,539 members
- Beautiful Kiss 8,067 photos, 4,655 members
- Arm's Length Self Portrait Experience 88,789 photos, 12,044 members
- lovers on lovers 2,971 photos, 967 members
- The Love(s) of My Life 759 photos, 270 members
- Loving Couple 32,477 photos, 7,867 members
- Love and Romance 33,245 photos, 6,070 members
- shadows 204,993 photos, 21,161 members
- ***Gazing/Staring *portraits that feature gazing eyes* NO NUDE! 34,323 photos, 1,741 members
- Taking pictures is the way time is stopped in 7,048 photos, 2,215 members
- as beautiful as you want 1,115,291 photos, 15,099 members
- Psychological 18,149 photos, 1,192 members
- dream or reality? 467,072 photos, 20,840 members
- Magic Moments 1,585,475 photos, 49,775 members
- Female presence in abandoned places 1,211 photos, 343 members
- The Light Fantastic 1,691,037 photos, 62,610 members
- Vatican City - The Holy See - Santa Sede 14,104 photos, 2,201 members
- You can't take pictures here! 12,006 photos, 2,303 members
- the places we go 27,766 photos, 4,422 members
Mary Jo. says:
"I have been following Emma for years now and over time I have seen things change in her work and some things stay constant, but all the while producing fascinating pieces. She makes such wonderful use of locations and processes so interestingly. Emma is one of the more unique photographers on flickr. Sometimes I look at a piece and think "what the heck is going on" but I appreciate the fact that she takes risks with her photos and does things that no one else does.
Always create, Emma! You're an inspiration."
December 21st, 2014
"Amazing. Unique. Always changing and evolving. Creative. Inspiring. Beautiful. Thoughtful. And any other amazing or positive adjective that one could possibly think of.
Always something wonderful to look at.
Words that hit the deepest parts of your soul."
July 11th, 2011
"When you look through Emma Katka's body of work, there is only one conclusion about her that can be drawn. She is a beautiful soul. This is reflected in every single piece of her work. Emma sees the things in the world that to some might not be aesthetically pleasing, but captures them in the most wonderful of ways. Her abandonment work shows that even when things are falling apart, there is still beauty in them. Her mental illness series, while at first might seem like touchy subject matter, is executed with respect for anyone with the illness and portrays, at least artistically, what those illnesses might be like.
Remember her name. You'll likely be hearing it a lot in the coming years."
November 8th, 2010
"Where to begin....oh gosh, I suppose the beginning? (:
Ever since I stumbled upon your stream, I've been in love. Not only do you use abandoned places as your backdrop (something I love), but you make them come to life again. I can honestly say you are one of the few people that I eagerly wait to see new pictures from.
I don't know you personally, but I'm sure if I ever met you, I wouldn't be afraid to talk to you. You are so real in your photographs; I can just feel everything you feel in that split second. Sometimes emotion is hard to get across, but you do it perfectly.
I am so glad I found your stream! Keep on doing what you do best, and never EVER let the haters get to you."
October 14th, 2010
"In my book, Emma Katka will remain my photographer for many many years for the obvious reason that no one shoots a photo like she does, especially in such a style that is completely her own. Her choice of backgrounds and subjects usually prove to be distracting with other photographers, but she has a way of grasping the subject and all elements of her surroundings to reflect a certain universal emotion. Her talent in facial expressions is flawless. I also see how many other flickr members, and average fans relate to her on a daily basis. She wears her heart on her sleeve, and lets every photograph she takes have a little part of her, and because of that, I hope and pray that she continues to grow as a person and as a photographer so she can continue to give us those little parts of her."
August 10th, 2010
I just spent a while, going through every page in your steam. (I'm not a creeper, I swear. haha!) I was just fascinated with your photography. I love the fact that you go to abandoned houses, I found all your pictures of them absolutely amazing. I love the old things like you shot in them, I give you credit for going into those houses, I'd probably be too creeped out. ahha.
When I saw your comments on people being critical about your work, I literally thought, 'are they serious? her photography is incredible!' Like, really.
You're very talented and creative. Keep up the great work (:"
May 8th, 2010
"So this girl is absolutely incredible. her sense of adventure leads to amazing photos, and her awesome personality helps her find ridiculously cool things to photograph. I suck at wording how I'm feeling, so yeah. she should know how wonderful she is! :)"
May 8th, 2010
roadkill rabbit says:
"so many constantly beautiful things :)"
April 13th, 2010
Alex is late says:
"Emma, I've wanted to write this for a long, long time.
Before I knew you, I loved your photography. It's chocka with passion, and - well, you see things that others just don't. And that I never could. But after spending time getting to know you, I see elements of you in every frame you shoot... and I love that.
Anyway, I'm not sure that uniqueness can really be measured on a sliding scale, but hell - you're VERY unique Em. And your photos reflect that. Always.
So, hey - to shamelessly nab and doctor a quote...
'To [Emma Katka] I now give this message: You got eyes.'"
July 23rd, 2009
- Emma Katka
- September 2008
- Grand Forks, ND
- United States
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Facebook Page
- ekatka40 [at] hotmail.com