- WALLPAPERS ALLERLEI 2,716 photos, 55 members
- Tigress Magazine for Girls 1,081 photos, 180 members
- we still care 38,661 photos, 1,373 members
- Awake Platform 8,190 photos, 1,310 members
- Abandoned Places and Industrial Landscapes 4,738 photos, 387 members
- Saccades Project 62,771 photos, 2,129 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 63,778 photos, 6,180 members
- Evoking You 45,056 photos, 3,546 members
- Experimental Dream 196,073 photos, 8,813 members
- Bright and Cheery 305 photos, 34 members
- Svn/\Moon 1,069 photos, 87 members
- Time Stops Zine 3,996 photos, 238 members
- Item Collaboration 1,639 photos, 262 members
- DRS Productions 1 photo, 59 members
- Funky Flickr People on Facebook 46 photos, 19 members
- mirror/ reflection self portraits 56 photos, 124 members
- My Brown-Eyed Girl 20,793 photos, 3,367 members
- † Film 18,181 photos, 578 members
- TalkUrbex.com 111,221 photos, 2,061 members
- Gravel Road Photography 36,247 photos, 1,040 members
- North Dakota Photographers 8,557 photos, 129 members
- Abandoned Hospitals 16,536 photos, 817 members
- Abandoned America 9,968 photos, 801 members
- morgue and girls 1 photo, 98 members
- abandoned asylums 16,412 photos, 938 members
- Abandoned, Decayed & Forgotten 89,140 photos, 1,853 members
- In Love With Love ♥ 4,101 photos, 714 members
- The Coca-Cola Company 7,636 photos, 3,148 members
- PONY ANARCHY MAGAZINE 3,125 photos, 2,025 members
- Freelensing 9,759 photos, 3,663 members
- Puppy Lovin' 5,979 photos, 964 members
- dreaming state 1,429 photos, 1,490 members
- Beautiful Kiss 7,744 photos, 4,578 members
- Arm's Length Self Portrait Experience 89,146 photos, 12,112 members
- lovers on lovers 2,731 photos, 943 members
- The Love(s) of My Life 709 photos, 244 members
- Loving Couple 31,321 photos, 7,539 members
- Love and Romance 28,645 photos, 5,570 members
- shadows 199,315 photos, 20,456 members
- ***Gazing/Staring *portraits that feature gazing eyes* NO NUDE! 31,042 photos, 1,709 members
- Taking pictures is the way time is stopped in 7,272 photos, 2,132 members
- as beautiful as you want 837,409 photos, 12,810 members
- Psychological 16,848 photos, 1,158 members
- dream or reality? 396,112 photos, 19,421 members
- Magic Moments 1,084,376 photos, 37,440 members
- Female presence in abandoned places 1,268 photos, 337 members
- The Light Fantastic 1,216,979 photos, 51,681 members
- Vatican City - The Holy See - Santa Sede 13,285 photos, 2,024 members
- You can't take pictures here! 12,087 photos, 2,304 members
- the places we go 28,520 photos, 4,275 members
Mary Jo. says:
"I have been following Emma for years now and over time I have seen things change in her work and some things stay constant, but all the while producing fascinating pieces. She makes such wonderful use of locations and processes so interestingly. Emma is one of the more unique photographers on flickr. Sometimes I look at a piece and think "what the heck is going on" but I appreciate the fact that she takes risks with her photos and does things that no one else does.
Always create, Emma! You're an inspiration."
December 21st, 2014
"Amazing. Unique. Always changing and evolving. Creative. Inspiring. Beautiful. Thoughtful. And any other amazing or positive adjective that one could possibly think of.
Always something wonderful to look at.
Words that hit the deepest parts of your soul."
July 11th, 2011
"When you look through Emma Katka's body of work, there is only one conclusion about her that can be drawn. She is a beautiful soul. This is reflected in every single piece of her work. Emma sees the things in the world that to some might not be aesthetically pleasing, but captures them in the most wonderful of ways. Her abandonment work shows that even when things are falling apart, there is still beauty in them. Her mental illness series, while at first might seem like touchy subject matter, is executed with respect for anyone with the illness and portrays, at least artistically, what those illnesses might be like.
Remember her name. You'll likely be hearing it a lot in the coming years."
November 8th, 2010
"Where to begin....oh gosh, I suppose the beginning? (:
Ever since I stumbled upon your stream, I've been in love. Not only do you use abandoned places as your backdrop (something I love), but you make them come to life again. I can honestly say you are one of the few people that I eagerly wait to see new pictures from.
I don't know you personally, but I'm sure if I ever met you, I wouldn't be afraid to talk to you. You are so real in your photographs; I can just feel everything you feel in that split second. Sometimes emotion is hard to get across, but you do it perfectly.
I am so glad I found your stream! Keep on doing what you do best, and never EVER let the haters get to you."
October 14th, 2010
"In my book, Emma Katka will remain my photographer for many many years for the obvious reason that no one shoots a photo like she does, especially in such a style that is completely her own. Her choice of backgrounds and subjects usually prove to be distracting with other photographers, but she has a way of grasping the subject and all elements of her surroundings to reflect a certain universal emotion. Her talent in facial expressions is flawless. I also see how many other flickr members, and average fans relate to her on a daily basis. She wears her heart on her sleeve, and lets every photograph she takes have a little part of her, and because of that, I hope and pray that she continues to grow as a person and as a photographer so she can continue to give us those little parts of her."
August 10th, 2010
I just spent a while, going through every page in your steam. (I'm not a creeper, I swear. haha!) I was just fascinated with your photography. I love the fact that you go to abandoned houses, I found all your pictures of them absolutely amazing. I love the old things like you shot in them, I give you credit for going into those houses, I'd probably be too creeped out. ahha.
When I saw your comments on people being critical about your work, I literally thought, 'are they serious? her photography is incredible!' Like, really.
You're very talented and creative. Keep up the great work (:"
May 8th, 2010
"So this girl is absolutely incredible. her sense of adventure leads to amazing photos, and her awesome personality helps her find ridiculously cool things to photograph. I suck at wording how I'm feeling, so yeah. she should know how wonderful she is! :)"
May 8th, 2010
roadkill rabbit says:
"so many constantly beautiful things :)"
April 13th, 2010
Alex is late says:
"Emma, I've wanted to write this for a long, long time.
Before I knew you, I loved your photography. It's chocka with passion, and - well, you see things that others just don't. And that I never could. But after spending time getting to know you, I see elements of you in every frame you shoot... and I love that.
Anyway, I'm not sure that uniqueness can really be measured on a sliding scale, but hell - you're VERY unique Em. And your photos reflect that. Always.
So, hey - to shamelessly nab and doctor a quote...
'To [Emma Katka] I now give this message: You got eyes.'"
July 23rd, 2009
- Emma Katka
- September 2008
- Grand Forks, ND
- United States
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Facebook Page
- ekatka40 [at] hotmail.com