- Story Telling Photos 41,479 photos, 1,823 members
- artistic photos 226,069 photos, 7,428 members
- Creative self-portraits. 214,744 photos, 21,316 members
- WALLPAPERS ALLERLEI 6,320 photos, 62 members
- Ramona Magazine for Girls 2,683 photos, 347 members
- we still care 73,601 photos, 1,805 members
- Awake Platform 14,527 photos, 1,553 members
- Abandoned Places and Industrial Landscapes 5,161 photos, 501 members
- Saccades Project 77,339 photos, 2,363 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 96,368 photos, 7,230 members
- Evoking You 56,948 photos, 3,639 members
- Experimental Dream 230,098 photos, 9,445 members
- Bright and Cheery 308 photos, 34 members
- Svn/\Moon 1,286 photos, 87 members
- Time Stops Zine 3,598 photos, 253 members
- Item Collaboration 1,583 photos, 261 members
- DRS Productions 1 photo, 59 members
- Funky Flickr People on Facebook 59 photos, 19 members
- mirror/ reflection self portraits 49 photos, 123 members
- My Brown-Eyed Girl 21,060 photos, 3,385 members
- † film 43,433 photos, 1,103 members
- TalkUrbex.com 138,541 photos, 2,266 members
- Gravel Road Photography 39,395 photos, 1,090 members
- North Dakota Photographers 10,078 photos, 154 members
- Abandoned Hospitals 18,723 photos, 871 members
- Abandoned United States of America 10,768 photos, 833 members
- morgue and girls 1 photo, 97 members
- abandoned asylums 19,294 photos, 1,028 members
- Abandoned, Decayed & Forgotten 121,744 photos, 2,348 members
- In Love With Love ♥ 4,844 photos, 827 members
- The Coca-Cola Company 7,968 photos, 3,177 members
- PONY ANARCHY MAGAZINE 2,901 photos, 2,278 members
- Freelensing 9,993 photos, 3,497 members
- Puppy Lovin' 6,648 photos, 1,037 members
- dreaming state 1,370 photos, 1,541 members
- Beautiful Kiss 8,144 photos, 4,662 members
- Arm's Length Self Portrait Experience 88,775 photos, 12,040 members
- lovers on lovers 2,992 photos, 972 members
- The Love(s) of My Life 834 photos, 277 members
- Loving Couple 32,765 photos, 7,913 members
- Love and Romance 33,787 photos, 6,118 members
- shadows 206,248 photos, 21,281 members
- ***Gazing/Staring *portraits that feature gazing eyes* NO NUDE! 34,744 photos, 1,740 members
- Taking pictures is the way time is stopped in 7,050 photos, 2,215 members
- as beautiful as you want 1,163,542 photos, 15,508 members
- Psychological 18,395 photos, 1,196 members
- dream or reality? 477,470 photos, 21,000 members
- Magic Moments 1,663,267 photos, 51,048 members
- Female presence in abandoned places 1,211 photos, 342 members
- The Light Fantastic 1,757,362 photos, 63,569 members
Mary Jo. says:
"I have been following Emma for years now and over time I have seen things change in her work and some things stay constant, but all the while producing fascinating pieces. She makes such wonderful use of locations and processes so interestingly. Emma is one of the more unique photographers on flickr. Sometimes I look at a piece and think "what the heck is going on" but I appreciate the fact that she takes risks with her photos and does things that no one else does.
Always create, Emma! You're an inspiration."
December 21st, 2014
"Amazing. Unique. Always changing and evolving. Creative. Inspiring. Beautiful. Thoughtful. And any other amazing or positive adjective that one could possibly think of.
Always something wonderful to look at.
Words that hit the deepest parts of your soul."
July 11th, 2011
"When you look through Emma Katka's body of work, there is only one conclusion about her that can be drawn. She is a beautiful soul. This is reflected in every single piece of her work. Emma sees the things in the world that to some might not be aesthetically pleasing, but captures them in the most wonderful of ways. Her abandonment work shows that even when things are falling apart, there is still beauty in them. Her mental illness series, while at first might seem like touchy subject matter, is executed with respect for anyone with the illness and portrays, at least artistically, what those illnesses might be like.
Remember her name. You'll likely be hearing it a lot in the coming years."
November 8th, 2010
"Where to begin....oh gosh, I suppose the beginning? (:
Ever since I stumbled upon your stream, I've been in love. Not only do you use abandoned places as your backdrop (something I love), but you make them come to life again. I can honestly say you are one of the few people that I eagerly wait to see new pictures from.
I don't know you personally, but I'm sure if I ever met you, I wouldn't be afraid to talk to you. You are so real in your photographs; I can just feel everything you feel in that split second. Sometimes emotion is hard to get across, but you do it perfectly.
I am so glad I found your stream! Keep on doing what you do best, and never EVER let the haters get to you."
October 14th, 2010
"In my book, Emma Katka will remain my photographer for many many years for the obvious reason that no one shoots a photo like she does, especially in such a style that is completely her own. Her choice of backgrounds and subjects usually prove to be distracting with other photographers, but she has a way of grasping the subject and all elements of her surroundings to reflect a certain universal emotion. Her talent in facial expressions is flawless. I also see how many other flickr members, and average fans relate to her on a daily basis. She wears her heart on her sleeve, and lets every photograph she takes have a little part of her, and because of that, I hope and pray that she continues to grow as a person and as a photographer so she can continue to give us those little parts of her."
August 10th, 2010
I just spent a while, going through every page in your steam. (I'm not a creeper, I swear. haha!) I was just fascinated with your photography. I love the fact that you go to abandoned houses, I found all your pictures of them absolutely amazing. I love the old things like you shot in them, I give you credit for going into those houses, I'd probably be too creeped out. ahha.
When I saw your comments on people being critical about your work, I literally thought, 'are they serious? her photography is incredible!' Like, really.
You're very talented and creative. Keep up the great work (:"
May 8th, 2010
"So this girl is absolutely incredible. her sense of adventure leads to amazing photos, and her awesome personality helps her find ridiculously cool things to photograph. I suck at wording how I'm feeling, so yeah. she should know how wonderful she is! :)"
May 8th, 2010
roadkill rabbit says:
"so many constantly beautiful things :)"
April 13th, 2010
Alex is late says:
"Emma, I've wanted to write this for a long, long time.
Before I knew you, I loved your photography. It's chocka with passion, and - well, you see things that others just don't. And that I never could. But after spending time getting to know you, I see elements of you in every frame you shoot... and I love that.
Anyway, I'm not sure that uniqueness can really be measured on a sliding scale, but hell - you're VERY unique Em. And your photos reflect that. Always.
So, hey - to shamelessly nab and doctor a quote...
'To [Emma Katka] I now give this message: You got eyes.'"
July 23rd, 2009
- Emma Katka
- September 2008
- Grand Forks, ND
- United States
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Facebook Page
- ekatka40 [at] hotmail.com