- WALLPAPERS ALLERLEI 2,947 photos, 57 members
- Tigress Magazine for Girls 1,229 photos, 194 members
- we still care 40,504 photos, 1,397 members
- Awake Platform 8,176 photos, 1,345 members
- Abandoned Places and Industrial Landscapes 4,838 photos, 414 members
- Saccades Project 64,160 photos, 2,150 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 66,198 photos, 6,313 members
- Evoking You 48,039 photos, 3,556 members
- Experimental Dream 198,793 photos, 8,862 members
- Bright and Cheery 311 photos, 33 members
- Svn/\Moon 1,096 photos, 87 members
- Time Stops Zine 3,960 photos, 240 members
- Item Collaboration 1,638 photos, 262 members
- DRS Productions 1 photo, 59 members
- Funky Flickr People on Facebook 49 photos, 19 members
- mirror/ reflection self portraits 56 photos, 127 members
- My Brown-Eyed Girl 20,829 photos, 3,368 members
- † Film 19,833 photos, 618 members
- TalkUrbex.com 113,270 photos, 2,079 members
- Gravel Road Photography 36,348 photos, 1,044 members
- North Dakota Photographers 8,595 photos, 132 members
- Abandoned Hospitals 16,758 photos, 821 members
- Abandoned United States of America 10,022 photos, 807 members
- morgue and girls 1 photo, 98 members
- abandoned asylums 16,712 photos, 944 members
- Abandoned, Decayed & Forgotten 91,327 photos, 1,899 members
- In Love With Love ♥ 4,150 photos, 723 members
- The Coca-Cola Company 7,665 photos, 3,153 members
- PONY ANARCHY MAGAZINE 3,152 photos, 2,066 members
- Freelensing 9,818 photos, 3,675 members
- Puppy Lovin' 6,038 photos, 976 members
- dreaming state 1,418 photos, 1,501 members
- Beautiful Kiss 7,770 photos, 4,586 members
- Arm's Length Self Portrait Experience 88,949 photos, 12,109 members
- lovers on lovers 2,736 photos, 944 members
- The Love(s) of My Life 710 photos, 245 members
- Loving Couple 31,478 photos, 7,574 members
- Love and Romance 29,080 photos, 5,622 members
- shadows 199,267 photos, 20,495 members
- ***Gazing/Staring *portraits that feature gazing eyes* NO NUDE! 31,407 photos, 1,708 members
- Taking pictures is the way time is stopped in 7,265 photos, 2,145 members
- as beautiful as you want 856,506 photos, 12,975 members
- Psychological 17,030 photos, 1,166 members
- dream or reality? 401,366 photos, 19,552 members
- Magic Moments 1,122,172 photos, 38,792 members
- Female presence in abandoned places 1,263 photos, 337 members
- The Light Fantastic 1,254,412 photos, 52,905 members
- Vatican City - The Holy See - Santa Sede 13,313 photos, 2,038 members
- You can't take pictures here! 12,086 photos, 2,304 members
- the places we go 28,375 photos, 4,295 members
Mary Jo. says:
"I have been following Emma for years now and over time I have seen things change in her work and some things stay constant, but all the while producing fascinating pieces. She makes such wonderful use of locations and processes so interestingly. Emma is one of the more unique photographers on flickr. Sometimes I look at a piece and think "what the heck is going on" but I appreciate the fact that she takes risks with her photos and does things that no one else does.
Always create, Emma! You're an inspiration."
December 21st, 2014
"Amazing. Unique. Always changing and evolving. Creative. Inspiring. Beautiful. Thoughtful. And any other amazing or positive adjective that one could possibly think of.
Always something wonderful to look at.
Words that hit the deepest parts of your soul."
July 11th, 2011
"When you look through Emma Katka's body of work, there is only one conclusion about her that can be drawn. She is a beautiful soul. This is reflected in every single piece of her work. Emma sees the things in the world that to some might not be aesthetically pleasing, but captures them in the most wonderful of ways. Her abandonment work shows that even when things are falling apart, there is still beauty in them. Her mental illness series, while at first might seem like touchy subject matter, is executed with respect for anyone with the illness and portrays, at least artistically, what those illnesses might be like.
Remember her name. You'll likely be hearing it a lot in the coming years."
November 8th, 2010
"Where to begin....oh gosh, I suppose the beginning? (:
Ever since I stumbled upon your stream, I've been in love. Not only do you use abandoned places as your backdrop (something I love), but you make them come to life again. I can honestly say you are one of the few people that I eagerly wait to see new pictures from.
I don't know you personally, but I'm sure if I ever met you, I wouldn't be afraid to talk to you. You are so real in your photographs; I can just feel everything you feel in that split second. Sometimes emotion is hard to get across, but you do it perfectly.
I am so glad I found your stream! Keep on doing what you do best, and never EVER let the haters get to you."
October 14th, 2010
"In my book, Emma Katka will remain my photographer for many many years for the obvious reason that no one shoots a photo like she does, especially in such a style that is completely her own. Her choice of backgrounds and subjects usually prove to be distracting with other photographers, but she has a way of grasping the subject and all elements of her surroundings to reflect a certain universal emotion. Her talent in facial expressions is flawless. I also see how many other flickr members, and average fans relate to her on a daily basis. She wears her heart on her sleeve, and lets every photograph she takes have a little part of her, and because of that, I hope and pray that she continues to grow as a person and as a photographer so she can continue to give us those little parts of her."
August 10th, 2010
I just spent a while, going through every page in your steam. (I'm not a creeper, I swear. haha!) I was just fascinated with your photography. I love the fact that you go to abandoned houses, I found all your pictures of them absolutely amazing. I love the old things like you shot in them, I give you credit for going into those houses, I'd probably be too creeped out. ahha.
When I saw your comments on people being critical about your work, I literally thought, 'are they serious? her photography is incredible!' Like, really.
You're very talented and creative. Keep up the great work (:"
May 8th, 2010
"So this girl is absolutely incredible. her sense of adventure leads to amazing photos, and her awesome personality helps her find ridiculously cool things to photograph. I suck at wording how I'm feeling, so yeah. she should know how wonderful she is! :)"
May 8th, 2010
roadkill rabbit says:
"so many constantly beautiful things :)"
April 13th, 2010
Alex is late says:
"Emma, I've wanted to write this for a long, long time.
Before I knew you, I loved your photography. It's chocka with passion, and - well, you see things that others just don't. And that I never could. But after spending time getting to know you, I see elements of you in every frame you shoot... and I love that.
Anyway, I'm not sure that uniqueness can really be measured on a sliding scale, but hell - you're VERY unique Em. And your photos reflect that. Always.
So, hey - to shamelessly nab and doctor a quote...
'To [Emma Katka] I now give this message: You got eyes.'"
July 23rd, 2009
- Emma Katka
- September 2008
- Grand Forks, ND
- United States
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Facebook Page
- ekatka40 [at] hotmail.com