- WALLPAPERS ALLERLEI 2,631 photos, 55 members
- Tigress Magazine for Girls 1,017 photos, 172 members
- we still care 37,479 photos, 1,329 members
- Awake Platform 8,221 photos, 1,292 members
- Abandoned Places and Industrial Landscapes 2,588 photos, 376 members
- Saccades Project 61,775 photos, 2,097 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 60,808 photos, 6,031 members
- Evoking You 44,162 photos, 3,546 members
- Experimental Dream 193,304 photos, 8,754 members
- Bright and Cheery 302 photos, 33 members
- Svn/\Moon 1,032 photos, 88 members
- Time Stops Zine 4,253 photos, 232 members
- Item Collaboration 1,645 photos, 262 members
- DRS Productions 1 photo, 59 members
- Funky Flickr People on Facebook 44 photos, 19 members
- mirror/ reflection self portraits 56 photos, 124 members
- My Brown-Eyed Girl 20,629 photos, 3,363 members
- † Film 16,210 photos, 536 members
- TalkUrbex.com 109,507 photos, 2,036 members
- Gravel Road Photography 36,127 photos, 1,034 members
- North Dakota Photographers 8,454 photos, 126 members
- Abandoned Hospitals 16,258 photos, 816 members
- Abandoned America 9,872 photos, 797 members
- morgue and girls 1 photo, 98 members
- abandoned asylums 16,090 photos, 927 members
- Abandoned, Decayed & Forgotten 86,634 photos, 1,801 members
- In Love With Love ♥ 4,074 photos, 703 members
- The Coca-Cola Company 7,603 photos, 3,142 members
- PONY ANARCHY MAGAZINE 3,118 photos, 1,989 members
- Freelensing 9,698 photos, 3,636 members
- Puppy Lovin' 5,914 photos, 964 members
- dreaming state 1,441 photos, 1,483 members
- Beautiful Kiss 7,692 photos, 4,566 members
- Arm's Length Self Portrait Experience 89,334 photos, 12,120 members
- lovers on lovers 2,733 photos, 941 members
- The Love(s) of My Life 703 photos, 244 members
- Loving Couple 31,178 photos, 7,514 members
- Love and Romance 28,099 photos, 5,511 members
- shadows 199,227 photos, 20,395 members
- ***Gazing/Staring *portraits that feature gazing eyes* NO NUDE! 30,574 photos, 1,692 members
- Taking pictures is the way time is stopped in 7,312 photos, 2,119 members
- as beautiful as you want 818,060 photos, 12,637 members
- Psychological 16,763 photos, 1,158 members
- dream or reality? 389,987 photos, 19,273 members
- Magic Moments 1,046,748 photos, 35,990 members
- Female presence in abandoned places 1,268 photos, 333 members
- The Light Fantastic 1,176,364 photos, 50,383 members
- Vatican City - The Holy See - Santa Sede 13,221 photos, 2,004 members
- You can't take pictures here! 12,107 photos, 2,305 members
- the places we go 28,689 photos, 4,233 members
Mary Jo. says:
"I have been following Emma for years now and over time I have seen things change in her work and some things stay constant, but all the while producing fascinating pieces. She makes such wonderful use of locations and processes so interestingly. Emma is one of the more unique photographers on flickr. Sometimes I look at a piece and think "what the heck is going on" but I appreciate the fact that she takes risks with her photos and does things that no one else does.
Always create, Emma! You're an inspiration."
December 21st, 2014
"Amazing. Unique. Always changing and evolving. Creative. Inspiring. Beautiful. Thoughtful. And any other amazing or positive adjective that one could possibly think of.
Always something wonderful to look at.
Words that hit the deepest parts of your soul."
July 11th, 2011
"When you look through Emma Katka's body of work, there is only one conclusion about her that can be drawn. She is a beautiful soul. This is reflected in every single piece of her work. Emma sees the things in the world that to some might not be aesthetically pleasing, but captures them in the most wonderful of ways. Her abandonment work shows that even when things are falling apart, there is still beauty in them. Her mental illness series, while at first might seem like touchy subject matter, is executed with respect for anyone with the illness and portrays, at least artistically, what those illnesses might be like.
Remember her name. You'll likely be hearing it a lot in the coming years."
November 8th, 2010
"Where to begin....oh gosh, I suppose the beginning? (:
Ever since I stumbled upon your stream, I've been in love. Not only do you use abandoned places as your backdrop (something I love), but you make them come to life again. I can honestly say you are one of the few people that I eagerly wait to see new pictures from.
I don't know you personally, but I'm sure if I ever met you, I wouldn't be afraid to talk to you. You are so real in your photographs; I can just feel everything you feel in that split second. Sometimes emotion is hard to get across, but you do it perfectly.
I am so glad I found your stream! Keep on doing what you do best, and never EVER let the haters get to you."
October 14th, 2010
"In my book, Emma Katka will remain my photographer for many many years for the obvious reason that no one shoots a photo like she does, especially in such a style that is completely her own. Her choice of backgrounds and subjects usually prove to be distracting with other photographers, but she has a way of grasping the subject and all elements of her surroundings to reflect a certain universal emotion. Her talent in facial expressions is flawless. I also see how many other flickr members, and average fans relate to her on a daily basis. She wears her heart on her sleeve, and lets every photograph she takes have a little part of her, and because of that, I hope and pray that she continues to grow as a person and as a photographer so she can continue to give us those little parts of her."
August 10th, 2010
I just spent a while, going through every page in your steam. (I'm not a creeper, I swear. haha!) I was just fascinated with your photography. I love the fact that you go to abandoned houses, I found all your pictures of them absolutely amazing. I love the old things like you shot in them, I give you credit for going into those houses, I'd probably be too creeped out. ahha.
When I saw your comments on people being critical about your work, I literally thought, 'are they serious? her photography is incredible!' Like, really.
You're very talented and creative. Keep up the great work (:"
May 8th, 2010
"So this girl is absolutely incredible. her sense of adventure leads to amazing photos, and her awesome personality helps her find ridiculously cool things to photograph. I suck at wording how I'm feeling, so yeah. she should know how wonderful she is! :)"
May 8th, 2010
roadkill rabbit says:
"so many constantly beautiful things :)"
April 13th, 2010
Alex is late says:
"Emma, I've wanted to write this for a long, long time.
Before I knew you, I loved your photography. It's chocka with passion, and - well, you see things that others just don't. And that I never could. But after spending time getting to know you, I see elements of you in every frame you shoot... and I love that.
Anyway, I'm not sure that uniqueness can really be measured on a sliding scale, but hell - you're VERY unique Em. And your photos reflect that. Always.
So, hey - to shamelessly nab and doctor a quote...
'To [Emma Katka] I now give this message: You got eyes.'"
July 23rd, 2009
- Emma Katka
- September 2008
- Grand Forks, ND
- United States
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Facebook Page
- ekatka40 [at] hotmail.com