- WALLPAPERS ALLERLEI 3,515 photos, 57 members
- Tigress Magazine for Girls 1,508 photos, 229 members
- we still care 48,190 photos, 1,509 members
- Awake Platform 8,082 photos, 1,406 members
- Abandoned Places and Industrial Landscapes 4,839 photos, 447 members
- Saccades Project 65,628 photos, 2,212 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 73,179 photos, 6,596 members
- Evoking You 50,611 photos, 3,584 members
- Experimental Dream 205,481 photos, 9,014 members
- Bright and Cheery 321 photos, 33 members
- Svn/\Moon 1,152 photos, 86 members
- Time Stops Zine 3,853 photos, 248 members
- Item Collaboration 1,636 photos, 260 members
- DRS Productions 1 photo, 59 members
- Funky Flickr People on Facebook 53 photos, 19 members
- mirror/ reflection self portraits 56 photos, 125 members
- My Brown-Eyed Girl 20,919 photos, 3,375 members
- † film 24,806 photos, 705 members
- TalkUrbex.com 119,113 photos, 2,142 members
- Gravel Road Photography 37,055 photos, 1,053 members
- North Dakota Photographers 9,208 photos, 140 members
- Abandoned Hospitals 17,428 photos, 837 members
- Abandoned United States of America 10,225 photos, 812 members
- morgue and girls 1 photo, 98 members
- abandoned asylums 17,588 photos, 963 members
- Abandoned, Decayed & Forgotten 98,220 photos, 2,004 members
- In Love With Love ♥ 4,290 photos, 748 members
- The Coca-Cola Company 7,714 photos, 3,156 members
- PONY ANARCHY MAGAZINE 3,145 photos, 2,144 members
- Freelensing 9,934 photos, 3,713 members
- Puppy Lovin' 6,114 photos, 990 members
- dreaming state 1,404 photos, 1,511 members
- Beautiful Kiss 7,772 photos, 4,603 members
- Arm's Length Self Portrait Experience 88,888 photos, 12,097 members
- lovers on lovers 2,875 photos, 955 members
- The Love(s) of My Life 732 photos, 250 members
- Loving Couple 31,507 photos, 7,657 members
- Love and Romance 29,950 photos, 5,773 members
- shadows 200,973 photos, 20,685 members
- ***Gazing/Staring *portraits that feature gazing eyes* NO NUDE! 32,309 photos, 1,705 members
- Taking pictures is the way time is stopped in 7,195 photos, 2,165 members
- as beautiful as you want 912,519 photos, 13,612 members
- Psychological 17,004 photos, 1,174 members
- dream or reality? 416,645 photos, 19,926 members
- Magic Moments 1,232,571 photos, 42,105 members
- Female presence in abandoned places 1,244 photos, 341 members
- The Light Fantastic 1,367,667 photos, 56,041 members
- Vatican City - The Holy See - Santa Sede 13,815 photos, 2,084 members
- You can't take pictures here! 12,056 photos, 2,304 members
- the places we go 28,217 photos, 4,341 members
Mary Jo. says:
"I have been following Emma for years now and over time I have seen things change in her work and some things stay constant, but all the while producing fascinating pieces. She makes such wonderful use of locations and processes so interestingly. Emma is one of the more unique photographers on flickr. Sometimes I look at a piece and think "what the heck is going on" but I appreciate the fact that she takes risks with her photos and does things that no one else does.
Always create, Emma! You're an inspiration."
December 21st, 2014
"Amazing. Unique. Always changing and evolving. Creative. Inspiring. Beautiful. Thoughtful. And any other amazing or positive adjective that one could possibly think of.
Always something wonderful to look at.
Words that hit the deepest parts of your soul."
July 11th, 2011
"When you look through Emma Katka's body of work, there is only one conclusion about her that can be drawn. She is a beautiful soul. This is reflected in every single piece of her work. Emma sees the things in the world that to some might not be aesthetically pleasing, but captures them in the most wonderful of ways. Her abandonment work shows that even when things are falling apart, there is still beauty in them. Her mental illness series, while at first might seem like touchy subject matter, is executed with respect for anyone with the illness and portrays, at least artistically, what those illnesses might be like.
Remember her name. You'll likely be hearing it a lot in the coming years."
November 8th, 2010
"Where to begin....oh gosh, I suppose the beginning? (:
Ever since I stumbled upon your stream, I've been in love. Not only do you use abandoned places as your backdrop (something I love), but you make them come to life again. I can honestly say you are one of the few people that I eagerly wait to see new pictures from.
I don't know you personally, but I'm sure if I ever met you, I wouldn't be afraid to talk to you. You are so real in your photographs; I can just feel everything you feel in that split second. Sometimes emotion is hard to get across, but you do it perfectly.
I am so glad I found your stream! Keep on doing what you do best, and never EVER let the haters get to you."
October 14th, 2010
"In my book, Emma Katka will remain my photographer for many many years for the obvious reason that no one shoots a photo like she does, especially in such a style that is completely her own. Her choice of backgrounds and subjects usually prove to be distracting with other photographers, but she has a way of grasping the subject and all elements of her surroundings to reflect a certain universal emotion. Her talent in facial expressions is flawless. I also see how many other flickr members, and average fans relate to her on a daily basis. She wears her heart on her sleeve, and lets every photograph she takes have a little part of her, and because of that, I hope and pray that she continues to grow as a person and as a photographer so she can continue to give us those little parts of her."
August 10th, 2010
I just spent a while, going through every page in your steam. (I'm not a creeper, I swear. haha!) I was just fascinated with your photography. I love the fact that you go to abandoned houses, I found all your pictures of them absolutely amazing. I love the old things like you shot in them, I give you credit for going into those houses, I'd probably be too creeped out. ahha.
When I saw your comments on people being critical about your work, I literally thought, 'are they serious? her photography is incredible!' Like, really.
You're very talented and creative. Keep up the great work (:"
May 8th, 2010
"So this girl is absolutely incredible. her sense of adventure leads to amazing photos, and her awesome personality helps her find ridiculously cool things to photograph. I suck at wording how I'm feeling, so yeah. she should know how wonderful she is! :)"
May 8th, 2010
roadkill rabbit says:
"so many constantly beautiful things :)"
April 13th, 2010
Alex is late says:
"Emma, I've wanted to write this for a long, long time.
Before I knew you, I loved your photography. It's chocka with passion, and - well, you see things that others just don't. And that I never could. But after spending time getting to know you, I see elements of you in every frame you shoot... and I love that.
Anyway, I'm not sure that uniqueness can really be measured on a sliding scale, but hell - you're VERY unique Em. And your photos reflect that. Always.
So, hey - to shamelessly nab and doctor a quote...
'To [Emma Katka] I now give this message: You got eyes.'"
July 23rd, 2009
- Emma Katka
- September 2008
- Grand Forks, ND
- United States
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Facebook Page
- ekatka40 [at] hotmail.com