- Witchy Visions 85 photos, 15 members
- Story Telling Photos 42,532 photos, 1,836 members
- artistic photos 231,111 photos, 7,467 members
- Creative self-portraits. 215,240 photos, 21,351 members
- WALLPAPERS ALLERLEI 6,753 photos, 62 members
- Ramona Magazine for Girls 2,731 photos, 354 members
- we still care 76,626 photos, 1,826 members
- Awake Platform 15,345 photos, 1,596 members
- Abandoned Places and Industrial Landscapes 5,205 photos, 510 members
- Saccades Project 78,165 photos, 2,377 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 99,535 photos, 7,315 members
- Evoking You 57,912 photos, 3,653 members
- Experimental Dream 233,725 photos, 9,504 members
- Bright and Cheery 308 photos, 34 members
- Svn/\Moon 1,308 photos, 88 members
- Time Stops Zine 3,559 photos, 250 members
- Item Collaboration 1,575 photos, 260 members
- DRS Productions 1 photo, 59 members
- Funky Flickr People on Facebook 59 photos, 19 members
- mirror/ reflection self portraits 49 photos, 123 members
- My Brown-Eyed Girl 21,176 photos, 3,398 members
- † film 46,518 photos, 1,160 members
- TalkUrbex.com 141,108 photos, 2,276 members
- Gravel Road Photography 39,718 photos, 1,092 members
- North Dakota Photographers 10,136 photos, 157 members
- Abandoned Hospitals 18,775 photos, 874 members
- Abandoned United States of America 10,838 photos, 836 members
- morgue and girls 1 photo, 97 members
- abandoned asylums 19,008 photos, 1,037 members
- Abandoned, Decayed & Forgotten 124,994 photos, 2,402 members
- In Love With Love ♥ 4,818 photos, 840 members
- The Coca-Cola Company 8,001 photos, 3,186 members
- PONY ANARCHY MAGAZINE 2,898 photos, 2,280 members
- Freelensing 10,010 photos, 3,510 members
- Puppy Lovin' 6,674 photos, 1,043 members
- dreaming state 1,370 photos, 1,538 members
- Beautiful Kiss 8,173 photos, 4,671 members
- Arm's Length Self Portrait Experience 88,586 photos, 12,032 members
- lovers on lovers 3,016 photos, 975 members
- The Love(s) of My Life 920 photos, 278 members
- Loving Couple 32,890 photos, 7,934 members
- Love and Romance 34,214 photos, 6,152 members
- shadows 208,099 photos, 21,344 members
- ***Gazing/Staring *portraits that feature gazing eyes* NO NUDE! 35,143 photos, 1,740 members
- Taking pictures is the way time is stopped in 7,013 photos, 2,221 members
- as beautiful as you want 1,204,619 photos, 15,901 members
- Psychological 18,405 photos, 1,195 members
- dream or reality? 487,015 photos, 21,185 members
- Magic Moments 1,727,408 photos, 52,091 members
- Female presence in abandoned places 1,211 photos, 341 members
Mary Jo. says:
"I have been following Emma for years now and over time I have seen things change in her work and some things stay constant, but all the while producing fascinating pieces. She makes such wonderful use of locations and processes so interestingly. Emma is one of the more unique photographers on flickr. Sometimes I look at a piece and think "what the heck is going on" but I appreciate the fact that she takes risks with her photos and does things that no one else does.
Always create, Emma! You're an inspiration."
December 21st, 2014
"Amazing. Unique. Always changing and evolving. Creative. Inspiring. Beautiful. Thoughtful. And any other amazing or positive adjective that one could possibly think of.
Always something wonderful to look at.
Words that hit the deepest parts of your soul."
July 11th, 2011
"When you look through Emma Katka's body of work, there is only one conclusion about her that can be drawn. She is a beautiful soul. This is reflected in every single piece of her work. Emma sees the things in the world that to some might not be aesthetically pleasing, but captures them in the most wonderful of ways. Her abandonment work shows that even when things are falling apart, there is still beauty in them. Her mental illness series, while at first might seem like touchy subject matter, is executed with respect for anyone with the illness and portrays, at least artistically, what those illnesses might be like.
Remember her name. You'll likely be hearing it a lot in the coming years."
November 8th, 2010
"Where to begin....oh gosh, I suppose the beginning? (:
Ever since I stumbled upon your stream, I've been in love. Not only do you use abandoned places as your backdrop (something I love), but you make them come to life again. I can honestly say you are one of the few people that I eagerly wait to see new pictures from.
I don't know you personally, but I'm sure if I ever met you, I wouldn't be afraid to talk to you. You are so real in your photographs; I can just feel everything you feel in that split second. Sometimes emotion is hard to get across, but you do it perfectly.
I am so glad I found your stream! Keep on doing what you do best, and never EVER let the haters get to you."
October 14th, 2010
"In my book, Emma Katka will remain my photographer for many many years for the obvious reason that no one shoots a photo like she does, especially in such a style that is completely her own. Her choice of backgrounds and subjects usually prove to be distracting with other photographers, but she has a way of grasping the subject and all elements of her surroundings to reflect a certain universal emotion. Her talent in facial expressions is flawless. I also see how many other flickr members, and average fans relate to her on a daily basis. She wears her heart on her sleeve, and lets every photograph she takes have a little part of her, and because of that, I hope and pray that she continues to grow as a person and as a photographer so she can continue to give us those little parts of her."
August 10th, 2010
I just spent a while, going through every page in your steam. (I'm not a creeper, I swear. haha!) I was just fascinated with your photography. I love the fact that you go to abandoned houses, I found all your pictures of them absolutely amazing. I love the old things like you shot in them, I give you credit for going into those houses, I'd probably be too creeped out. ahha.
When I saw your comments on people being critical about your work, I literally thought, 'are they serious? her photography is incredible!' Like, really.
You're very talented and creative. Keep up the great work (:"
May 8th, 2010
"So this girl is absolutely incredible. her sense of adventure leads to amazing photos, and her awesome personality helps her find ridiculously cool things to photograph. I suck at wording how I'm feeling, so yeah. she should know how wonderful she is! :)"
May 8th, 2010
roadkill rabbit says:
"so many constantly beautiful things :)"
April 13th, 2010
Alex is late says:
"Emma, I've wanted to write this for a long, long time.
Before I knew you, I loved your photography. It's chocka with passion, and - well, you see things that others just don't. And that I never could. But after spending time getting to know you, I see elements of you in every frame you shoot... and I love that.
Anyway, I'm not sure that uniqueness can really be measured on a sliding scale, but hell - you're VERY unique Em. And your photos reflect that. Always.
So, hey - to shamelessly nab and doctor a quote...
'To [Emma Katka] I now give this message: You got eyes.'"
July 23rd, 2009
- Emma Katka
- September 2008
- Grand Forks, ND
- United States
- I am:
- Female and Single
- Facebook Page
- ekatka40 [at] hotmail.com