"Mumm Series #1"
My belief and conviction:
“Life exists in both a physical world and a spiritual world.”
This belief is central to my art. When I create a physical object of art, I believe I am also creating a spiritual essence. The physical object I create may be an ink or pencil line on paper, paint on canvas, a sculpture, a wood carving or other artistic media, but my goal remains unchanged. My objective is that the artistic piece infuses a non-dimensional link and bond with those who view it.
When this happens I believe the spirit in the piece connects with the spirit of the viewer. Without that relationship and exchange of energy and empathy, there is no connection between the creation and the viewer; and therefore, there is no “art.” My hope is that my art creates a mutual two way shared experience between the piece and the viewer. If the art is not creating a connective link and relationship with the viewer, the piece is just another inert useless object in the viewer’s eyes.
The viewer’s interpretation and reaction to the piece may not be the same as mine, but if the observers of my art connect with and relate to the piece on an emotional, spiritual or mystical level, I consider the piece a success. I need the piece to address and speak to the viewer. I need my art to be dynamic and vibrant. I need the viewer to interact with the piece.
I use many genre and media. For me these are “different visual vocabularies”; or another analogy is that my tools and materials are visual “musical instruments.” Just as musicians create energy and passion with their musical instruments, my objective in artistic expression is to create and transfer my energy and passion. I need my pieces to be kinetic, and move the viewer to experience the emotion and spirit of the piece or my art.
My art reflects the progression and the process of the creation of the piece itself. The goal is not to exhibit my mastery of materials. Nor is beauty and attractiveness the main purpose of my art. Passion, excitement, delight and energy are more important to create than to convey exquisiteness and beauty. I enjoy creating art that appeals to the mind, body and spirit. I would rather captivate and enchant you than “WOW” or dazzle you.
The process of creating art is both enjoyable and exhausting, draining my energy as that energy is transferred to the piece. I need my art to become “alive” with the energy I convey in it and transmit to it.
Abstract & Surreal Art
Energy is in the details of the lines of life. If I could draw life and spirit in one single line, I would consider the piece finished. Many times I have no idea what I am going to draw or create. I think of form, I think of line, with painting I think of color, and the piece reveals itself. I try to amplify on what happens with the materials. Sometimes accidents occur —ink drops from my pen for example—and I make that “accident” a part of the drawing. Usually these pieces capture my emotions of the moment.
I create landscapes from real life. When creating landscapes, I try to capture the moment and my feelings, be it the grandeur of the man-made or the power and beauty of the natural world. The elements for the combination of light, color, space and texture excite me; I revel in uncontrollable nature. From this “Earth” we connect to all that is in the Universe.
I create portraits from real life or from photographs, usually of people who are very close to me. I try to convey the inner light and spirit of the person being captured in my art. I realize the portrait is not a person, but a spirit that comes from them through me.
•Is Meditative and Contemplative
•Energetic, Vibrant and Kinetic
•Appealing to the mind, body and spirit
•Communicates, Connects and Captivates
•Pulls everything out and connects to it,
•and is Mystical and Spiritual
If you are interested in purchasing an original or a copy of any of my artwork, please go to my website at www.art-archaz.com or contact me at email@example.com for more information.
Photos of ellene000 (1)
- PAINTING / PINTURA / PEINTURE let's talk 5,289 photos, 440 members
- Anti Tea Party, Anti Republican, & Anti Fox News League 3,491 photos, 220 members
- The DaVinci Touch - Extraordinary Photos 15,407 photos, 1,232 members
- Arizona in HDR 1,165 photos, 106 members
- Lovely villages, fields, meadows, swamps & countryside 394,914 photos, 8,457 members
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 623,456 photos, 45,732 members
- All about Trees, Arboriculture, and Tree Care. 26,844 photos, 1,768 members
- NPR Look At This 154,662 photos, 6,227 members
- Club Dog 43,494 photos, 3,012 members
- THE BEST AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHY 123,265 photos, 3,566 members
- ~Engineering is Art~ 45,147 photos, 2,302 members
- Blurb Books Community 2,422 photos, 6,463 members
- Extraordinary Video 5,609 photos, 692 members
- Naturally Excellent Videos 1,815 photos, 386 members
- The Film and Video Movement 5,123 photos, 804 members
- Awesome Videos on Flickr 3,844 photos, 875 members
- Best VIDEOS on Flickr! 25,531 photos, 7,070 members
- Bravo video(only the very best in flickr) 5,147 photos, 1,669 members
- PLANET EARTH FLOWERS* 37,788 photos, 1,932 members
- Cactus & Succulent Plants 22,164 photos, 1,207 members
- Cactus Blooms 13,830 photos, 1,036 members
- Desert Cacti and Flowers (From the Wild) 3,735 photos, 484 members
- Trees at angles 141 photos, 16 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,916,430 photos, 70,192 members
- Desert Landscapes 37,014 photos, 1,849 members
- Saguaro 3,702 photos, 455 members
- Tree Photos 303,738 photos, 15,618 members
- Tree-Mendous! 54,368 photos, 4,053 members
- Leaves (Leaves only Please!!!) 141,791 photos, 18,640 members
- "Flowers, Trees & Foliage" 271,011 photos, 6,312 members
- UP a tree 11,218 photos, 2,415 members
- Ağaçlar - Trees 11,776 photos, 692 members
- Lonely Tree 50,258 photos, 9,771 members
- The Inspiration Tree 46,640 photos, 2,575 members
- " AMAZING TREES " 137,931 photos, 6,949 members
- Arboreal, the Art of Trees (Tree/s must be the focus of the pic) 70,887 photos, 6,708 members
- Who let the Dogs Out? 116,405 photos, 6,018 members
- You Are a Dog People 67,507 photos, 2,722 members
- Goofy Cat & Dog Pics 22,409 photos, 1,771 members
- The Smile of a Dog 24,436 photos, 2,110 members
- Your Dog Nose 32,002 photos, 4,231 members
- Dogs on the Furniture 7,372 photos, 892 members
- Flickrs Dog Lovers 112,558 photos, 6,450 members
- Flying Dogs! 11,502 photos, 2,231 members
- Dogs we Love 69,135 photos, 3,388 members
- Cool Dogs 92,973 photos, 5,793 members
- DOG♥Perro♥Chien♥Hund♥Cane♥Hond.....♥ DOGS! 173,231 photos, 12,395 members
- Big Dogs Rule! 46,420 photos, 3,030 members
- in the land of multiple dogs 10,518 photos, 815 members
- Dog Days 168,409 photos, 14,877 members
ellene000 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Ellen Pierce
- June 2007
- Tempe, AZ, USA
- I am: