Freelance researcher in cultural anthropology, India keeps calling me… I spend there most of my time, mostly in a village next to Benares. Across the river lives the Maharadjah, I've built my house next to his Palace, along river Ganga. A place of all dream… When in France, Paris is my resting place.
Since june 08 I'm roaming India extensively. Please forgive me if I don't answer your message, I'm seldom on the Net.
Link to my Imagekind gallery Great quality print ! I've tried it, enrapturing top quality..
Contact : email@example.com
November 05, trying to find a nice angle in a small hut where a ritual was going on…
My website dedicated to Mother India is in french, sorry. Quite documented…
Photos of Elishams (6)
- theindiaphilemonthlycompetition 1,408 photos, 17 members
- South India Clicks 12,419 photos, 505 members
- From Bihar 594 photos, 45 members
- Blissful Bihar 1,087 photos, 48 members
- Shakti! Shakti! Images of India & Nepal 3,115 photos, 361 members
- LIFE IN INDIA 132,464 photos, 4,853 members
- Open Eyes - Online Magazine 3,577 photos, 818 members
- Tribute to the worker 1,251 photos, 91 members
- indian life images 19,329 photos, 349 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 51,900 photos, 6,882 members
- DIARY OF TRAVEL 9,737 photos, 103 members
- Portraits du monde 205,573 photos, 10,995 members
- South Indian Culture 20,566 photos, 1,220 members
- Ramayana Now 259 photos, 134 members
- Schools of the World 3,146 photos, 2,002 members
- Travels in The Indian Himalayas 12,768 photos, 909 members
- WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE ! 250,367 photos, 9,422 members
- AiA: Global Citizens - Citoyens du Monde - Ciudadanos del Mundo 15,330 photos, 937 members
- Photoreporters sur Flickr 5,501 photos, 311 members
- Photojournalism 2.0 75,224 photos, 3,434 members
- bébé du monde ! 1,793 photos, 427 members
- Tibet Buddhism 12,742 photos, 717 members
- Tibetan Culture 21,921 photos, 1,360 members
- We travel the World 1,382,116 photos, 48,389 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 52,349 photos, 8,182 members
- Je suis venu(e) vous dire /I came and tell you 273,405 photos, 4,540 members
- blackanwhite national photography 17,209 photos, 1,072 members
- All People at Work 7,810 photos, 475 members
- Black and White (Photography) 198,142 photos, 8,718 members
- ❤ Coloring Books ❤ 315 photos, 141 members
- I LOVE INDIA TRADITIONAL 24,642 photos, 1,384 members
- Celebrations of Light 4,344 photos, 251 members
- Uttar Pradesh 2,634 photos, 80 members
- OUR ELDERLY 13,146 photos, 1,777 members
- Views: 1000 261,110 photos, 20,602 members
- THE VOYAGE / Adventure Travel Photography by Daniel Malka 1,685 photos, 52 members
- Views: 7000 or Favorites: 100 6,668 photos, 703 members
- Global Spirit ==>Sacred Images Only! (post 1, comment 1 please) 4,739 photos, 572 members
- Picturing The Men 1,476 photos, 274 members
- Captions worth reading 3,641 photos, 286 members
- Lonely Planet Publications: Photobook 368,532 photos, 9,978 members
- Om or Aum: the mystical or sacred symbol 451 photos, 176 members
- India Song 35,950 photos, 1,643 members
- ╠Mains-Hands-Hände-Mani-Manos╣ 7,472 photos, 4,264 members
- Documentary of Human soul 69,234 photos, 2,227 members
- RAW Street Photography 1,461,748 photos, 44,657 members
- Kids Life 83,254 photos, 13,349 members
- The India Tree 100,995 photos, 4,094 members
- Voyageurs du monde: Sweeper active ( Post 1 Comment 2). 106,785 photos, 4,920 members
- Travel Photojournalism 112,477 photos, 13,781 members
"Des photos absolument superbes!!! j'aime venir me ressourcer dans toutes ses somptueuses couleurs
Merci de nous faire partager cet amour des gens"
March 29th, 2008
"Au fil des images, Eli shams nous emmène dans son Inde magique. Au début, on découvre, puis nous continuons le voyage. Nous parcourons villes et chemins pleins de rencontres. Loin de l'exotisme facile.Une proximité où nous finissons par faire partie de ce quotidien qui n'est pas le nôtre. Alors, continue à nous faire partage ce voyage que nous accompagnons pas à pas. Que Brahma, Shiva et tous les Dieux bienfaisants t'accompagnent. M."
February 17th, 2008
"Eli is one of my first and most dear friends here on flickr. Her work inspires me a lot. What I like the most about her pictures is that they capture the very essence I love about India: dignity, spirituality, deep love, humility, eternity... That essence that can't be described with words.
I hope that she will continue to shoot for us. Thank you for your generosity Eli. Namaskar!"
October 13th, 2007
"Eli's eye on the world and its people feeds my soul. Through her lens and heart I am transported....walking alongside her, looking deeply into the eyes of the people she meets and photographs with such love and respect. She colors my life with her travels and art. Thank you, Eli!"
June 24th, 2007
"Eli! You are great photographer who brings real life of time and place where you go and always captured very intresting images with details!
Alwayas enjoy you worksmanships"
March 17th, 2007
Nav A. says:
"I AM A HUGE FAN OF ELI
she is a grand photographer and a SUPER person who loves everyone and makes everyone feel important and appreciated. I wish there were more people like her."
December 8th, 2006
"I don't know how I got delayed in writing this for Eli.
"Mujhay Shama Karna Eli "
Eli is the best and most gentle person I ever met in flickr as well as in real life.She has a brave heart ,open mind and biggest thing is her dedication towards India and Hinduism .Although I am a Hindu but I even don't know as much as Eli do.What else I can say....she is my best friend and will always remain in my heart .Her photographs are simply best and speakes themselves.....Whenever I get a chance to meet Eli again,will never miss that....She is one of the dedicated person in this world I come across.
All the best Eli
Regards & Love
November 27th, 2006
"i have enjoyed Elisham's work from the beginning of my Flickr days..i have seen her grow and grow and become such an exceptional photographer. Her narratives add to the richness of her documentation....but it is her compassion, warmth, joy and love for India and the People that i appreciate as well...She is a treasured Flickr friend."
November 20th, 2006
Stox - Ideas Playground says:
"Photographs of elishams give always a lot of details, I love the great colorfull series of portrait, a piece of the indian life with a lot of sun ! I love the general atmosphere of the photographs and explanations with these."
June 10th, 2006
"There are only a handful of photographers whose photos I can identify, the greats of history, and elishams. Her love of the people of India is profoundly expressed in every photo. She doesn't just glance at people and shoot, she knows who she captures and tells the viewer something important about every life. I never had a desire to go to India until seeing her photos, now I have to go, if there is a way, I will go."
May 21st, 2006
Zenith Phuong says:
"what i admire her is her love for the people, for the country and anything related to INDIA. Her photos are diverse in styles, colors and emotions but all are fantastic.
im particularly interested in the journalistic elements, which are apparent in her stream!
thank you for showing us INCREDIBLE INDIA! ;)"
April 29th, 2006
Milapsinh Jadeja says:
"See the real india.... beautiful coverage of india and its hidden beauty..
i guess i need not write any testimonial for her as her pictures itself are beyond my words..
truly beautiful work."
April 20th, 2006
"The work of elishams was an unexpected goldmine for me. Somehow I stumbled upon it and have been enthralled ever since. Her insight into the everyday workings of the world around her are so evident. But what captivates me is her skill in capturing the sights, moods, emotions, subtlties, colors, and people with her camera. Every shot takes me into her world where I can get lost in exploration. Thanks!"
March 24th, 2006
Ten Directions says:
"Elisham's great love of India and its people shine brightly through her photos. The intimacy found in the portraits comes from her deep compassion. I am so grateful that she shares these wonderful photos. I learn so much from them."
November 10th, 2005
- September 2005
- L'inde où je vis