Freelance researcher in cultural anthropology, India keeps calling me… I spend there most of my time, mostly in a village next to Benares. Across the river lives the Maharadjah, I've built my house next to his Palace, along river Ganga. A place of all dream… When in France, Paris is my resting place.
Since june 08 I'm roaming India extensively. Please forgive me if I don't answer your message, I'm seldom on the Net.
Link to my Imagekind gallery Great quality print ! I've tried it, enrapturing top quality..
Contact : email@example.com
November 05, trying to find a nice angle in a small hut where a ritual was going on…
My website dedicated to Mother India is in french, sorry. Quite documented…
Photos of Elishams (6)
- theindiaphilemonthlycompetition 828 photos, 17 members
- South India Clicks 9,009 photos, 428 members
- From Bihar 573 photos, 39 members
- Blissful Bihar 1,019 photos, 45 members
- Shakti! Shakti! Images of India & Nepal 3,144 photos, 363 members
- LIFE IN INDIA 114,167 photos, 4,321 members
- Open Eyes - Online Magazine 3,608 photos, 827 members
- Tribute to the worker 988 photos, 81 members
- indian life images 15,935 photos, 315 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 53,347 photos, 6,910 members
- DIARY OF TRAVEL 6,667 photos, 96 members
- Portraits du monde 161,259 photos, 9,504 members
- South Indian Culture 16,124 photos, 1,047 members
- Ramayana Now 260 photos, 133 members
- Schools of the World 2,803 photos, 1,963 members
- Travels in The Indian Himalayas 11,009 photos, 868 members
- WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE ! 210,402 photos, 9,024 members
- AiA: Global Citizens - Citoyens du Monde - Ciudadanos del Mundo 13,177 photos, 937 members
- Photoreporters sur Flickr 5,019 photos, 316 members
- Photojournalism 2.0 62,062 photos, 3,075 members
- bébé du monde ! 1,811 photos, 418 members
- Tibet Buddhism 11,866 photos, 683 members
- Tibetan Culture 20,314 photos, 1,272 members
- We travel the World 1,114,389 photos, 43,949 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 42,437 photos, 7,543 members
- Planet Earth Daily Photo 42,491 photos, 953 members
- Je suis venu(e) vous dire /I came and tell you 239,046 photos, 4,465 members
- blackanwhite national photography 17,591 photos, 1,093 members
- All People at Work 6,568 photos, 450 members
- Black and White (Photography) 160,397 photos, 8,074 members
- ❤ Coloring Books ❤ 318 photos, 144 members
- I LOVE INDIA TRADITIONAL 22,373 photos, 1,343 members
- Celebrations of Light 3,813 photos, 235 members
- Uttar Pradesh 2,528 photos, 73 members
- OUR ELDERLY 12,626 photos, 1,764 members
- Views: 1000 287,951 photos, 18,000 members
- THE VOYAGE / Adventure Travel Photography by Daniel Malka 1,685 photos, 52 members
- Views: 7000 or Favorites: 100 3,621 photos, 584 members
- Global Spirit ==>Sacred Images Only! (post 1, comment 1 please) 4,757 photos, 577 members
- Picturing The Men 1,525 photos, 271 members
- Captions worth reading 3,569 photos, 293 members
- Lonely Planet Publications: Photobook 300,468 photos, 9,220 members
- Om or Aum: the mystical or sacred symbol 431 photos, 172 members
- India Song 33,519 photos, 1,610 members
- ╠Mains-Hands-Hände-Mani-Manos╣ 7,694 photos, 4,282 members
- Documentary of Human soul 55,961 photos, 1,970 members
- RAW Street Photography 1,266,197 photos, 39,802 members
- Kids Life 82,769 photos, 13,067 members
- The India Tree 95,847 photos, 4,046 members
- Voyageurs du monde: Sweeper active ( Post 1 Comment 2). 99,203 photos, 4,895 members
"Des photos absolument superbes!!! j'aime venir me ressourcer dans toutes ses somptueuses couleurs
Merci de nous faire partager cet amour des gens"
March 29th, 2008
"Au fil des images, Eli shams nous emmène dans son Inde magique. Au début, on découvre, puis nous continuons le voyage. Nous parcourons villes et chemins pleins de rencontres. Loin de l'exotisme facile.Une proximité où nous finissons par faire partie de ce quotidien qui n'est pas le nôtre. Alors, continue à nous faire partage ce voyage que nous accompagnons pas à pas. Que Brahma, Shiva et tous les Dieux bienfaisants t'accompagnent. M."
February 17th, 2008
"Eli is one of my first and most dear friends here on flickr. Her work inspires me a lot. What I like the most about her pictures is that they capture the very essence I love about India: dignity, spirituality, deep love, humility, eternity... That essence that can't be described with words.
I hope that she will continue to shoot for us. Thank you for your generosity Eli. Namaskar!"
October 13th, 2007
"Eli's eye on the world and its people feeds my soul. Through her lens and heart I am transported....walking alongside her, looking deeply into the eyes of the people she meets and photographs with such love and respect. She colors my life with her travels and art. Thank you, Eli!"
June 24th, 2007
"Eli! You are great photographer who brings real life of time and place where you go and always captured very intresting images with details!
Alwayas enjoy you worksmanships"
March 17th, 2007
Nav A. says:
"I AM A HUGE FAN OF ELI
she is a grand photographer and a SUPER person who loves everyone and makes everyone feel important and appreciated. I wish there were more people like her."
December 8th, 2006
"I don't know how I got delayed in writing this for Eli.
"Mujhay Shama Karna Eli "
Eli is the best and most gentle person I ever met in flickr as well as in real life.She has a brave heart ,open mind and biggest thing is her dedication towards India and Hinduism .Although I am a Hindu but I even don't know as much as Eli do.What else I can say....she is my best friend and will always remain in my heart .Her photographs are simply best and speakes themselves.....Whenever I get a chance to meet Eli again,will never miss that....She is one of the dedicated person in this world I come across.
All the best Eli
Regards & Love
November 27th, 2006
"i have enjoyed Elisham's work from the beginning of my Flickr days..i have seen her grow and grow and become such an exceptional photographer. Her narratives add to the richness of her documentation....but it is her compassion, warmth, joy and love for India and the People that i appreciate as well...She is a treasured Flickr friend."
November 20th, 2006
Stox - Ideas Playground says:
"Photographs of elishams give always a lot of details, I love the great colorfull series of portrait, a piece of the indian life with a lot of sun ! I love the general atmosphere of the photographs and explanations with these."
June 10th, 2006
"There are only a handful of photographers whose photos I can identify, the greats of history, and elishams. Her love of the people of India is profoundly expressed in every photo. She doesn't just glance at people and shoot, she knows who she captures and tells the viewer something important about every life. I never had a desire to go to India until seeing her photos, now I have to go, if there is a way, I will go."
May 21st, 2006
Zenith Phuong says:
"what i admire her is her love for the people, for the country and anything related to INDIA. Her photos are diverse in styles, colors and emotions but all are fantastic.
im particularly interested in the journalistic elements, which are apparent in her stream!
thank you for showing us INCREDIBLE INDIA! ;)"
April 29th, 2006
Milapsinh Jadeja says:
"See the real india.... beautiful coverage of india and its hidden beauty..
i guess i need not write any testimonial for her as her pictures itself are beyond my words..
truly beautiful work."
April 20th, 2006
"The work of elishams was an unexpected goldmine for me. Somehow I stumbled upon it and have been enthralled ever since. Her insight into the everyday workings of the world around her are so evident. But what captivates me is her skill in capturing the sights, moods, emotions, subtlties, colors, and people with her camera. Every shot takes me into her world where I can get lost in exploration. Thanks!"
March 24th, 2006
Ten Directions says:
"Elisham's great love of India and its people shine brightly through her photos. The intimacy found in the portraits comes from her deep compassion. I am so grateful that she shares these wonderful photos. I learn so much from them."
November 10th, 2005
- September 2005
- L'inde où je vis