Freelance researcher in cultural anthropology, India keeps calling me… I spend there most of my time, mostly in a village next to Benares. Across the river lives the Maharadjah, I've built my house next to his Palace, along river Ganga. A place of all dream… When in France, Paris is my resting place.
Since june 08 I'm roaming India extensively. Please forgive me if I don't answer your message, I'm seldom on the Net.
Link to my Imagekind gallery Great quality print ! I've tried it, enrapturing top quality..
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
November 05, trying to find a nice angle in a small hut where a ritual was going on…
My website dedicated to Mother India is in french, sorry. Quite documented…
Photos of Elishams (6)
- theindiaphilemonthlycompetition 475 photos, 15 members
- South India Clicks 5,012 photos, 329 members
- From Bihar 570 photos, 36 members
- Blissful Bihar 1,003 photos, 38 members
- Shakti! Shakti! Images of India & Nepal 3,176 photos, 361 members
- LIFE IN INDIA 96,955 photos, 3,874 members
- Open Eyes - Online Magazine 3,661 photos, 832 members
- Tribute to the worker 740 photos, 74 members
- indian life images 13,232 photos, 288 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 53,347 photos, 6,782 members
- DIARY OF TRAVEL 4,886 photos, 80 members
- Portraits du monde 125,996 photos, 7,969 members
- South Indian Culture 13,157 photos, 862 members
- Ramayana Now 264 photos, 127 members
- Schools of the World 2,884 photos, 1,936 members
- Travels in The Indian Himalayas 9,991 photos, 817 members
- WATER, WATER EVERYWHERE ! 176,111 photos, 8,471 members
- AiA: Global Citizens - Citoyens du Monde - Ciudadanos del Mundo 11,396 photos, 931 members
- Photoreporters sur Flickr 4,316 photos, 322 members
- Photojournalism 2.0 49,091 photos, 2,654 members
- bébé du monde ! 1,939 photos, 409 members
- Tibet Buddhism 10,685 photos, 655 members
- Tibetan Culture 19,283 photos, 1,199 members
- We travel the World 904,845 photos, 40,484 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 33,405 photos, 6,651 members
- Planet Earth Daily Photo 34,476 photos, 888 members
- Je suis venu(e) vous dire /I came and tell you 212,826 photos, 4,286 members
- blackanwhite national photography 17,289 photos, 1,101 members
- All People at Work 5,847 photos, 416 members
- Black and White (Photography) 129,013 photos, 7,140 members
- ❤ Coloring Books ❤ 314 photos, 144 members
- I LOVE INDIA TRADITIONAL 19,870 photos, 1,281 members
- Celebrations of Light 3,296 photos, 222 members
- Uttar Pradesh 2,489 photos, 71 members
- OUR ELDERLY 12,231 photos, 1,739 members
- Views: 1000 163,379 photos, 14,816 members
- THE VOYAGE / Adventure Travel Photography by Daniel Malka 1,686 photos, 53 members
- Views: 7000 or Favorites: 100 1,976 photos, 493 members
- Global Spirit ==>Sacred Images Only! (post 1, comment 1 please) 4,684 photos, 577 members
- Picturing The Men 1,541 photos, 261 members
- Captions worth reading 3,710 photos, 289 members
- Lonely Planet Publications: Photobook 242,112 photos, 8,362 members
- Om or Aum: the mystical or sacred symbol 405 photos, 167 members
- India Song 31,857 photos, 1,585 members
- ╠Mains-Hands-Hände-Mani-Manos╣ 7,813 photos, 4,301 members
- Documentary of Human soul 43,382 photos, 1,755 members
- RAW Street Photography 1,054,826 photos, 35,895 members
- Kids Life 81,883 photos, 12,554 members
- The India Tree 90,459 photos, 3,978 members
- Voyageurs du monde: Sweeper active ( Post 1 Comment 2). 93,483 photos, 4,834 members
"Des photos absolument superbes!!! j'aime venir me ressourcer dans toutes ses somptueuses couleurs
Merci de nous faire partager cet amour des gens"
March 29th, 2008
"Au fil des images, Eli shams nous emmène dans son Inde magique. Au début, on découvre, puis nous continuons le voyage. Nous parcourons villes et chemins pleins de rencontres. Loin de l'exotisme facile.Une proximité où nous finissons par faire partie de ce quotidien qui n'est pas le nôtre. Alors, continue à nous faire partage ce voyage que nous accompagnons pas à pas. Que Brahma, Shiva et tous les Dieux bienfaisants t'accompagnent. M."
February 17th, 2008
"Eli is one of my first and most dear friends here on flickr. Her work inspires me a lot. What I like the most about her pictures is that they capture the very essence I love about India: dignity, spirituality, deep love, humility, eternity... That essence that can't be described with words.
I hope that she will continue to shoot for us. Thank you for your generosity Eli. Namaskar!"
October 13th, 2007
"Eli's eye on the world and its people feeds my soul. Through her lens and heart I am transported....walking alongside her, looking deeply into the eyes of the people she meets and photographs with such love and respect. She colors my life with her travels and art. Thank you, Eli!"
June 24th, 2007
"Eli! You are great photographer who brings real life of time and place where you go and always captured very intresting images with details!
Alwayas enjoy you worksmanships"
March 17th, 2007
Nav A. says:
"I AM A HUGE FAN OF ELI
she is a grand photographer and a SUPER person who loves everyone and makes everyone feel important and appreciated. I wish there were more people like her."
December 8th, 2006
"I don't know how I got delayed in writing this for Eli.
"Mujhay Shama Karna Eli "
Eli is the best and most gentle person I ever met in flickr as well as in real life.She has a brave heart ,open mind and biggest thing is her dedication towards India and Hinduism .Although I am a Hindu but I even don't know as much as Eli do.What else I can say....she is my best friend and will always remain in my heart .Her photographs are simply best and speakes themselves.....Whenever I get a chance to meet Eli again,will never miss that....She is one of the dedicated person in this world I come across.
All the best Eli
Regards & Love
November 27th, 2006
"i have enjoyed Elisham's work from the beginning of my Flickr days..i have seen her grow and grow and become such an exceptional photographer. Her narratives add to the richness of her documentation....but it is her compassion, warmth, joy and love for India and the People that i appreciate as well...She is a treasured Flickr friend."
November 20th, 2006
Stox - Ideas Playground says:
"Photographs of elishams give always a lot of details, I love the great colorfull series of portrait, a piece of the indian life with a lot of sun ! I love the general atmosphere of the photographs and explanations with these."
June 10th, 2006
"There are only a handful of photographers whose photos I can identify, the greats of history, and elishams. Her love of the people of India is profoundly expressed in every photo. She doesn't just glance at people and shoot, she knows who she captures and tells the viewer something important about every life. I never had a desire to go to India until seeing her photos, now I have to go, if there is a way, I will go."
May 21st, 2006
Zenith Phuong says:
"what i admire her is her love for the people, for the country and anything related to INDIA. Her photos are diverse in styles, colors and emotions but all are fantastic.
im particularly interested in the journalistic elements, which are apparent in her stream!
thank you for showing us INCREDIBLE INDIA! ;)"
April 29th, 2006
Milapsinh Jadeja says:
"See the real india.... beautiful coverage of india and its hidden beauty..
i guess i need not write any testimonial for her as her pictures itself are beyond my words..
truly beautiful work."
April 20th, 2006
"The work of elishams was an unexpected goldmine for me. Somehow I stumbled upon it and have been enthralled ever since. Her insight into the everyday workings of the world around her are so evident. But what captivates me is her skill in capturing the sights, moods, emotions, subtlties, colors, and people with her camera. Every shot takes me into her world where I can get lost in exploration. Thanks!"
March 24th, 2006
Ten Directions says:
"Elisham's great love of India and its people shine brightly through her photos. The intimacy found in the portraits comes from her deep compassion. I am so grateful that she shares these wonderful photos. I learn so much from them."
November 10th, 2005
- September 2005
- L'inde où je vis