A lover of beauty, art and community.
A note about my copyright. My photos are in the Creative Commons for non-commercial use. For commercial use you must pay me, or at least make the effort to contact me. Please DO NOT use my images to promote a monotheistic religious viewpoint.
#29 on Flickr Museum's most explored list.
Check out ecstaticist.com
In and out of Explore
Here's my latest photos.
Check out a slideshow of my top 100 Intererestingness set.
Here's some random photos
Here's the camera I'm using right now. Click on it to read about it.
- Your BC: The Tyee's Photo Pool 49,599 photos, 856 members
- Bokeh and Bokeh (No People)散景世界 103,187 photos, 9,222 members
- Bokeh Photography (1/day) 174,780 photos, 12,671 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,898,074 photos, 81,782 members
- Gulls 20,220 photos, 2,687 members
- Birds Photos 1,337,851 photos, 53,365 members
- Birds birds birds birds! 160,767 photos, 17,390 members
- New York life 185,302 photos, 8,224 members
- New York, New York 385,271 photos, 15,465 members
- URBAN New York 94,678 photos, 6,010 members
- New York Photography 321,279 photos, 17,916 members
- Search The Best (Post INVITED Photos Only) New Group 1,532 photos, 568 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #1 - (Post 1 - Award 5) 513,208 photos, 15,280 members
- Project Weather 158,228 photos, 38,392 members
- fisheye fanatics 87,192 photos, 8,586 members
- Layered landscape: Aerial Perspective 5,579 photos, 401 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 154,653 photos, 16,880 members
- YVR 3,717 photos, 107 members
- YVR: Vancouver International Airport 6,843 photos, 156 members
- airports 46,084 photos, 5,355 members
- The 2011 Illuminate Yaletown Photo Contest 628 photos, 176 members
- Jotbe's Group (INVITE ONLY !!!!!) -Give 2 Awards 37,457 photos, 3,292 members
- The Master Light Painter 50 + Faves 9,505 photos, 771 members
- Open ART PHOTO Exhibition 30,924 photos, 883 members
- Canadian Skylines 6,645 photos, 489 members
- White Star Cruises - Photography Competition P1/A5 559 photos, 198 members
- Victoria BC by Victoria residents 186 photos, 9 members
- Amazing Alberta 66,446 photos, 1,869 members
- TheProvince.com Photo Pool for British Columbia 1,484 photos, 42 members
- Flickr Vancouver 25,323 photos, 519 members
- Empire Avenue Flickrs - Post 1, comment 2, tag 3. 3,343 photos, 329 members
- Vancouver HDR 898 photos, 66 members
- San Francisco 231,675 photos, 13,968 members
- SEAVIEW - ALL water pix! 31,969 photos, 1,417 members
- Miss604.com Photo Pool for Metro Vancouver 35,052 photos, 702 members
- Pentax SMC - Official Tag Required 92,195 photos, 2,832 members
- Tilt-shift Miniature Fakes 68,500 photos, 19,681 members
- Photographers of Victoria, BC 1,344 photos, 45 members
- Photonic Overlords 21 photos, 4 members
- Black-and-White Squares 8,352 photos, 345 members
- A Celebration of Light - Let your Light Shine 96,538 photos, 4,337 members
- Vancouver 2010 Olympic Photo Group 13,533 photos, 589 members
- True North Media House 7,569 photos, 78 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 112,777 photos, 17,471 members
- foodtree 33 photos, 16 members
- 500x500 288,583 photos, 7,381 members
- Life is the question - Love is the answer 9,264 photos, 1,074 members
- inspired - exposures 6,315 photos, 389 members
- MINIMAL black&white 32,484 photos, 6,870 members
- Fog and Rain 225,279 photos, 45,711 members
"ecstaticist has one of the most beautiful photostreams on flickr, if not THE most beautiful...
There is some kind of magic in ecstaticist's captures, you can stare at them for hours losing yourself in their beauty. He has an enormous talent, making even the dullest of things look spectacular.
After seeing just a couple of his photos on Vancouver made me want to visit that city so much, his cityscapes are in my humble opinion the best I've seen on Flickr...but don't stop at that, there is a lot more to see from sunsets, to flower close-ups, to sky and landscape shots that will keep you sucked in for hours.
Thank you for sharing such beautiful work with us."
5th April, 2009
"from the first moment, i an a Fan.
The pictures reflect a very very good job, transform a normal situations in a dreams of fantasy.
Really is a big professional, i hope to learn more seen this pictures.
3rd August, 2008
"Well, what can i say about Evan's work that has not already been said.
From his water
drop shots that are second to none in quality and artistic style. To the magnificent photographs of Nature in all her beauty.
And now he is stepping into the video realm. With outstanding results.
I am in complete awe of his photographic skills and the creative eye to capture the beauty he sees.
That and he has a wicked sense of humor. (throw in a u for those outside of this place! lol) Thank you for being a Flickr friend"
4th July, 2008
Beth Crawford 65 says:
Thank you so much for inspiring me to begin macro photography. I'm trying to learn from your genius, passion, and optical perfection. I believe that everyone here on flickr knows we are in the company, if not shadow, of your vision and expertise. I'm just happy to be along for the ride.
Most Sincerely - Beth"
7th June, 2008
"Evan is a complete & versatile photographer.
Be it nature landscapes, architecture, or his floral & water macros that i love so much, he always presents his pictures in an immaculate, well thought out way. With his remarkable sensitivity and sense of artistic beauty, he manages to combine his camera skills and mastery in post-process to maximum effect in creating fine photographic art that is both beautiful and inspirational.
His is truly a photostream full of gems :)
Keep up the great work, Evan! :)"
2nd June, 2008
"Everybody who spend more time on Evan's photo-stream can see an immense variety of his talent. You can feel his enjoyment of taking pictures through every creation he presents us: wether it's his meditative slowmo-videos, his fascinating super-macros, his enchanting shots of land- and skyskapes or his passion to flood the world by creating seas and ponds or by his thousands of drops of light full of reflections and refractions...
Dear Evan, thank you for being such a wonderful friend here on flickr and sharing the love of light and beauty with us...
15th May, 2008
From Cams Eye says:
"HES is a superb photographer with a magnificent gallery of images. He captures it all well, . All of them receive the "magic touch" through the lens of His camera and transform into works of art. Hes not only a great photographer, but also one of the kindest, most generous people I have met on Flickr. Thank you, for the joy of your photos!""
12th May, 2008
"Evan a.k.a ecstaticist is by far my *MOST* favorite photographer on flickr! I'm absolutely in love with his sooper meticulously dazzling macros! Anything you’d click your mouse on in his photo-stream, the man has it mastered – hats down! =)
His ardent love for nature profoundly screams in his shots, the colors that he chooses or the his creative compositions easily distinguish him from the rest..
I’d never want you to stop clicking Evan, you’re definitely an *ASSET* to flickr and to photographers like us – a magnanimous inspiration!
Best of luck in your future endeavors!"
2nd April, 2008
Light ᶤˢ ᵒᶠᶠ says:
"Evan - when I viewed the very first of your photos I fell into a magical spell - the dropmaniac , drop-a-holics feaver - your photos opened my eyes for a complete different way of seeing.
You are a wonderful photographer - and I'm proud to be your Flickr friend."
29th February, 2008
"ahhhh, Ecstaticist.... great name for you Evan! Your work has been a total inspiration to me and many others, and many times the joy coming through the drops and ocean waves fills the heart and overflows!
I count myself lucky to have befriended you on Flickr, to have many opportunities to see your work as you play in nature... technically perfect and a delight to the senses!
anyone would be wise to come see the work on your site!
and besides that I really enjoy your sense of humor and creativity...
29th January, 2008
"I was lucky enough to come across ecstatisist's photo stream shortly after joining Flickr, and have been following his work ever since. In particular, his macro work with droplets and refractions is outstanding, and, dare I say, quite unparalleled on Flickr. The eye catching stuff he manages to get out of a few water drops is truly amazing, and very inspiring."
12th December, 2007
"One of the best photographers (if not the best) on flickr!
and the fact that he's not using a nikon or canon shows how amazing of a photographer he is .. it really is about the photographer and not the camera
love all your photos.. i can go on and fav each one of them ^__^"
1st December, 2007
strelitzia --- says:
"evan was my first inspiration for some of my "water photo" his photostream is filled of wonderful photos , you must have a look at ! he's an artist
thanks evan for your inspiration , i'm happy you're here on flickr , without you, maybe i had never try drops on grass , or more later ... (sorry for my poor english)
8th October, 2007
"A long overdue testimonial for one of my favourite photographers.
Evan must be the King of waterdrop photos here on Flickr, his stream is full of them in all their sublime beauty, but there is more to Evan than droplets, all his macro shots are fabulous as are his landscapes and you can feel his love of nature just by looking at his images.
Thanks Evan for being a wonderfully supportive friend, keep up the good work and keep taking those beautiful photos.
23rd September, 2007
"Evan's images are such a dynamic display of colour and skill, his water drops amognst my favourites. A wonderful stream one can easily get lost in, each image unique and as I mentioned earlier, stunning in colour! Like a fireworks display, bright and beautiful!
Thank you for sharing your world Evan and keep the beautiful imagery coming! You excel greatly!"
19th September, 2007
"Your nature photos are AWESOME! Some of the BEST I have seen on flickr, or anywhere, especially the water drops. You inspire me to reach further and shoot for the BEST. Thanks for sharing your wonderful work!
Crawford Wilson (Miami)
6th April, 2007
"Evan has an excellent eye for beauty.... he can take a simple blade of grass and turn it into a work of art...Bravo Evan!
Please keep sharing your wonderful photos with us on Flickr!"
3rd April, 2007
I just discovered him on flickr.com explore.
He is great in Nature & drops photos.
Each pieces with his superb skill become a master piece by itself.
I am totally impress with his skill & knowledge on imaging art.
I like to call upon you to visit him more often to be inspired.
Thank you my friend....."
2nd March, 2007
"Ecstaticist is the master of cloud drop macro photography that is stunning and artsy at the same time. I cannot stop looking at his work."
26th December, 2006
- Evan Leeson
- March 2006
- Victoria, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken