A lover of beauty, art and community.
A note about my copyright. My photos are in the Creative Commons for non-commercial use. For commercial use you must pay me, or at least make the effort to contact me. Please DO NOT use my images to promote a monotheistic religious viewpoint.
#29 on Flickr Museum's most explored list.
Check out ecstaticist.com
In and out of Explore
Here's my latest photos.
Check out a slideshow of my top 100 Intererestingness set.
Here's some random photos
Here's the camera I'm using right now. Click on it to read about it.
- Helicon Focus Group 2,241 photos, 412 members
- Your BC: The Tyee's Photo Pool 54,536 photos, 932 members
- Bokeh and Bokeh 散景世界 154,140 photos, 11,676 members
- Bokeh Photography (1/day) 261,963 photos, 19,209 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,259,545 photos, 95,142 members
- Gulls 23,896 photos, 2,920 members
- Birds Photos 1,772,502 photos, 64,824 members
- Birds birds birds birds! 267,925 photos, 25,489 members
- New York life 201,599 photos, 8,514 members
- New York, New York 418,317 photos, 16,287 members
- URBAN New York 109,370 photos, 6,574 members
- New York Photography 387,014 photos, 20,389 members
- Search The Best (Post INVITED Photos Only) 1,646 photos, 563 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #1 - (Post 1 - Award 5) 478,365 photos, 14,044 members
- Project Weather 556,419 photos, 83,193 members
- fisheye fanatics 97,174 photos, 9,210 members
- Layered landscape: Aerial Perspective 6,167 photos, 434 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 170,660 photos, 17,492 members
- YVR 5,811 photos, 120 members
- YVR: Vancouver International Airport 11,439 photos, 201 members
- airports 46,308 photos, 5,615 members
- The 2011 Illuminate Yaletown Photo Contest 627 photos, 175 members
- Jotbe's Group (INVITE ONLY !!!!!) -Give 2 Awards 38,382 photos, 3,291 members
- The Master Light Painter 50 + Faves 11,773 photos, 858 members
- Open ART PHOTO Exhibition 34,411 photos, 903 members
- Canadian Skylines 8,060 photos, 546 members
- White Star Cruises - Photography Competition P1/A5 619 photos, 197 members
- Victoria BC by Victoria residents 742 photos, 16 members
- Amazing Alberta 77,292 photos, 2,029 members
- TheProvince.com Photo Pool for British Columbia 1,700 photos, 54 members
- Flickr Vancouver 32,724 photos, 602 members
- Empire Avenue Flickrs - Post 1, comment 2, tag 3. 3,507 photos, 338 members
- Vancouver HDR 920 photos, 68 members
- San Francisco 256,666 photos, 15,048 members
- SEAVIEW - ALL water pix! 35,531 photos, 1,475 members
- Miss604.com Photo Pool for Metro Vancouver 42,548 photos, 792 members
- Pentax SMC - Official Tag Required 111,281 photos, 3,008 members
- Tilt-shift Miniature Fakes 70,034 photos, 19,832 members
- Photographers of Victoria, BC 1,081 photos, 48 members
- Photonic Overlords 21 photos, 4 members
- Black-and-White Squares 8,801 photos, 352 members
- A Celebration of Light - Let your Light Shine 125,696 photos, 4,687 members
- Vancouver 2010 Olympic Photo Group 13,498 photos, 587 members
- True North Media House 7,547 photos, 78 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 117,980 photos, 17,644 members
- foodtree 33 photos, 16 members
- 500x500 308,051 photos, 7,542 members
- Life is the question - Love is the answer 10,543 photos, 1,084 members
- inspired - exposures 6,328 photos, 390 members
- MINIMAL black&white 45,094 photos, 8,345 members
"ecstaticist has one of the most beautiful photostreams on flickr, if not THE most beautiful...
There is some kind of magic in ecstaticist's captures, you can stare at them for hours losing yourself in their beauty. He has an enormous talent, making even the dullest of things look spectacular.
After seeing just a couple of his photos on Vancouver made me want to visit that city so much, his cityscapes are in my humble opinion the best I've seen on Flickr...but don't stop at that, there is a lot more to see from sunsets, to flower close-ups, to sky and landscape shots that will keep you sucked in for hours.
Thank you for sharing such beautiful work with us."
April 5th, 2009
"from the first moment, i an a Fan.
The pictures reflect a very very good job, transform a normal situations in a dreams of fantasy.
Really is a big professional, i hope to learn more seen this pictures.
August 3rd, 2008
"Well, what can i say about Evan's work that has not already been said.
From his water
drop shots that are second to none in quality and artistic style. To the magnificent photographs of Nature in all her beauty.
And now he is stepping into the video realm. With outstanding results.
I am in complete awe of his photographic skills and the creative eye to capture the beauty he sees.
That and he has a wicked sense of humor. (throw in a u for those outside of this place! lol) Thank you for being a Flickr friend"
July 4th, 2008
Beth Crawford 65 says:
Thank you so much for inspiring me to begin macro photography. I'm trying to learn from your genius, passion, and optical perfection. I believe that everyone here on flickr knows we are in the company, if not shadow, of your vision and expertise. I'm just happy to be along for the ride.
Most Sincerely - Beth"
June 7th, 2008
"Evan is a complete & versatile photographer.
Be it nature landscapes, architecture, or his floral & water macros that i love so much, he always presents his pictures in an immaculate, well thought out way. With his remarkable sensitivity and sense of artistic beauty, he manages to combine his camera skills and mastery in post-process to maximum effect in creating fine photographic art that is both beautiful and inspirational.
His is truly a photostream full of gems :)
Keep up the great work, Evan! :)"
June 2nd, 2008
"Everybody who spend more time on Evan's photo-stream can see an immense variety of his talent. You can feel his enjoyment of taking pictures through every creation he presents us: wether it's his meditative slowmo-videos, his fascinating super-macros, his enchanting shots of land- and skyskapes or his passion to flood the world by creating seas and ponds or by his thousands of drops of light full of reflections and refractions...
Dear Evan, thank you for being such a wonderful friend here on flickr and sharing the love of light and beauty with us...
May 15th, 2008
From Cams Eye says:
"HES is a superb photographer with a magnificent gallery of images. He captures it all well, . All of them receive the "magic touch" through the lens of His camera and transform into works of art. Hes not only a great photographer, but also one of the kindest, most generous people I have met on Flickr. Thank you, for the joy of your photos!""
May 12th, 2008
"Evan a.k.a ecstaticist is by far my *MOST* favorite photographer on flickr! I'm absolutely in love with his sooper meticulously dazzling macros! Anything you’d click your mouse on in his photo-stream, the man has it mastered – hats down! =)
His ardent love for nature profoundly screams in his shots, the colors that he chooses or the his creative compositions easily distinguish him from the rest..
I’d never want you to stop clicking Evan, you’re definitely an *ASSET* to flickr and to photographers like us – a magnanimous inspiration!
Best of luck in your future endeavors!"
April 2nd, 2008
Light ᶤˢ ᵒᶠᶠ says:
"Evan - when I viewed the very first of your photos I fell into a magical spell - the dropmaniac , drop-a-holics feaver - your photos opened my eyes for a complete different way of seeing.
You are a wonderful photographer - and I'm proud to be your Flickr friend."
February 29th, 2008
"ahhhh, Ecstaticist.... great name for you Evan! Your work has been a total inspiration to me and many others, and many times the joy coming through the drops and ocean waves fills the heart and overflows!
I count myself lucky to have befriended you on Flickr, to have many opportunities to see your work as you play in nature... technically perfect and a delight to the senses!
anyone would be wise to come see the work on your site!
and besides that I really enjoy your sense of humor and creativity...
January 29th, 2008
"I was lucky enough to come across ecstatisist's photo stream shortly after joining Flickr, and have been following his work ever since. In particular, his macro work with droplets and refractions is outstanding, and, dare I say, quite unparalleled on Flickr. The eye catching stuff he manages to get out of a few water drops is truly amazing, and very inspiring."
December 12th, 2007
"One of the best photographers (if not the best) on flickr!
and the fact that he's not using a nikon or canon shows how amazing of a photographer he is .. it really is about the photographer and not the camera
love all your photos.. i can go on and fav each one of them ^__^"
December 1st, 2007
strelitzia --- says:
"evan was my first inspiration for some of my "water photo" his photostream is filled of wonderful photos , you must have a look at ! he's an artist
thanks evan for your inspiration , i'm happy you're here on flickr , without you, maybe i had never try drops on grass , or more later ... (sorry for my poor english)
October 8th, 2007
"A long overdue testimonial for one of my favourite photographers.
Evan must be the King of waterdrop photos here on Flickr, his stream is full of them in all their sublime beauty, but there is more to Evan than droplets, all his macro shots are fabulous as are his landscapes and you can feel his love of nature just by looking at his images.
Thanks Evan for being a wonderfully supportive friend, keep up the good work and keep taking those beautiful photos.
September 23rd, 2007
"Evan's images are such a dynamic display of colour and skill, his water drops amognst my favourites. A wonderful stream one can easily get lost in, each image unique and as I mentioned earlier, stunning in colour! Like a fireworks display, bright and beautiful!
Thank you for sharing your world Evan and keep the beautiful imagery coming! You excel greatly!"
September 19th, 2007
"Your nature photos are AWESOME! Some of the BEST I have seen on flickr, or anywhere, especially the water drops. You inspire me to reach further and shoot for the BEST. Thanks for sharing your wonderful work!
Crawford Wilson (Miami)
April 6th, 2007
"Evan has an excellent eye for beauty.... he can take a simple blade of grass and turn it into a work of art...Bravo Evan!
Please keep sharing your wonderful photos with us on Flickr!"
April 3rd, 2007
I just discovered him on flickr.com explore.
He is great in Nature & drops photos.
Each pieces with his superb skill become a master piece by itself.
I am totally impress with his skill & knowledge on imaging art.
I like to call upon you to visit him more often to be inspired.
Thank you my friend....."
March 2nd, 2007
"Ecstaticist is the master of cloud drop macro photography that is stunning and artsy at the same time. I cannot stop looking at his work."
December 26th, 2006
- Evan Leeson
- March 2006
- Victoria, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Taken