More about me at my websites:
Eclectic Echoes personal and family observations and stories.
Larval Images - images and information about the diversity of larval forms
The Other 95% A site all about invertebrate life started by Kevin Zelnio which I am a co-author of now.
Hmmm... who am I?
Well I really don't know the answer to that and as
I am accellerating towards I've cleared 40, well, check back when I'm 50 60.
What I do though - I am a
(old) undergrad student in Marine Sciences (Physics and Biology focuses) graduate student at the University of Connecticut Avery Point campus persuing an MSc PhD in Oceanography and a researcher with the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth's SMAST program.
Unfortunately all the school and research projects leave little enough time for my family, so my photography time suffers severely. Now that I'm
Soon enough I will be through with my undergrad and on to the masters PhD program then I will have even less time!!
In photography I enjoy wildlife photography and the birds around here are a joy to study through the lens. Macro is second on the list, and of course family snapshots are a must.
Please enjoy the photos, and be sure to leave a comment or question.
Photos of eclectic echoes (5)
- ► Native Collective ◄ 5,045 photos, 665 members
- Scientific Diving 15 photos, 1 member
- Connecticut Audubon Centers 599 photos, 53 members
- Youth Nature Watch 21,355 photos, 964 members
- Scientific Visualization, Animation and Illustration 1,350 photos, 253 members
- Wild Biology 40,944 photos, 2,163 members
- Scientific Illustration - FISH 21 photos, 10 members
- The Art of Science 9,999 photos, 884 members
- Science in pictures 6,801 photos, 1,207 members
- Connecticut Shore - Taken Within Sight of The Waterfront 7,289 photos, 282 members
- Just Hammonasset 3,520 photos, 133 members
- Mystic Aquarium Institute for exploration, closing group 434 photos, 59 members
- Just Pirates 6,723 photos, 1,138 members
- I Love Pirates 2,991 photos, 407 members
- Bermuda is Another World 6,690 photos, 477 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 129,173 photos, 18,038 members
- Homebrew Beer 2,050 photos, 294 members
- Beer Box Art - The artwork of the beer box 103 photos, 23 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,957 photos, 643 members
- Pimp My Poster 106 photos, 825 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 16,150 photos, 649 members
- Avery Point 103 photos, 10 members
- the magnifying glass 1,367 photos, 117 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 151,824 photos, 22,570 members
- It came from the sea! 10,218 photos, 772 members
- Physics 5,119 photos, 2,193 members
- Shark Lovers 6,183 photos, 1,810 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,911 photos, 4,474 members
- Extinction Symbol 895 photos, 98 members
- Marine ID 4,354 photos, 377 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 106,995 photos, 3,653 members
- Macro Critters 32,706 photos, 1,146 members
- Underwater Macro 29,006 photos, 1,130 members
- Children of the Ocean 433 photos, 74 members
- Digital Underwater Photography 95,610 photos, 4,161 members
- Underwater Camouflage 1,297 photos, 107 members
- salt marsh 702 photos, 74 members
- Marshes, barrens and bogs 8,454 photos, 744 members
- iNaturalist 1,538 photos, 96 members
- Elkhorn Slough 321 photos, 75 members
- Monterey County And San Luis Obispo County California 4,413 photos, 77 members
- Monterey Diving 1,038 photos, 66 members
- Monterey Peninsula 13,392 photos, 1,093 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 9,817 photos, 1,862 members
- NASA Aviation 2,884 photos, 1,391 members
- Science In Action 1,151 photos, 182 members
- Science Nerd Depot 16,132 photos, 1,621 members
- One Week: Plastic Challenge 26 photos, 21 members
- Arthropod Portraits - Studio Focus Stacks 4,021 photos, 705 members
- Op Sail 2012 101 photos, 9 members
"I am his son, and he looks at nature, but at a close angle. We went on photography hunts and I remember him seeing the Osprey and by the time I got there he was already taking pictures. He was the person who encouraged me to become a photographer in the first place. I have had loads of fun photographing and most of it is thanks to him.
November 13th, 2012
"Eric mixes scientific knowledge, love of nature and love of family and links them all together with his photographs. There is such warmth in what he does."
February 20th, 2006
"A man of many talents, Eric, offers Flickr world a delightful stream of photographs. Nature, especially, birds are shown with expertise and concern in equal measures. Wonderful education for all of us.
But it is not just techniques and knowledge of the subject that are the highlights. It is his genial personality overflowing with concern for the world around us that is the hallmark of his stream. Keep shooting, Eric."
November 4th, 2005
- Eric Heupel
- January 2005
- Fredericksburg, TX
- Westerly, RI, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Eclectic Echoes