More about me at my websites:
Eclectic Echoes personal and family observations and stories.
Larval Images - images and information about the diversity of larval forms
The Other 95% A site all about invertebrate life started by Kevin Zelnio which I am a co-author of now.
Hmmm... who am I?
Well I really don't know the answer to that and as
I am accellerating towards I've cleared 40, well, check back when I'm 50 60.
What I do though - I am a
(old) undergrad student in Marine Sciences (Physics and Biology focuses) graduate student at the University of Connecticut Avery Point campus persuing an MSc PhD in Oceanography and a researcher with the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth's SMAST program.
Unfortunately all the school and research projects leave little enough time for my family, so my photography time suffers severely. Now that I'm
Soon enough I will be through with my undergrad and on to the masters PhD program then I will have even less time!!
In photography I enjoy wildlife photography and the birds around here are a joy to study through the lens. Macro is second on the list, and of course family snapshots are a must.
Please enjoy the photos, and be sure to leave a comment or question.
Photos of eclectic echoes (5)
- ► Native Collective ◄ 4,686 photos, 679 members
- Scientific Diving 15 photos, 1 member
- Connecticut Audubon Centers 643 photos, 57 members
- Youth Nature Watch 20,843 photos, 953 members
- Scientific Visualization, Animation and Illustration 1,438 photos, 252 members
- Wild Biology 41,934 photos, 2,165 members
- Scientific Illustration - FISH 21 photos, 10 members
- The Art of Science 10,679 photos, 908 members
- Science in pictures 7,239 photos, 1,248 members
- Connecticut Shore - Taken Within Sight of The Waterfront 7,295 photos, 285 members
- Just Hammonasset (no 30/60 limit) 3,767 photos, 137 members
- Mystic Aquarium Institute for exploration, closing group 433 photos, 58 members
- Just Pirates 6,829 photos, 1,151 members
- I Love Pirates 2,981 photos, 412 members
- Bermuda is Another World 7,035 photos, 477 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 130,049 photos, 18,043 members
- Homebrew Beer 2,008 photos, 290 members
- Beer Box Art - The artwork of the beer box 119 photos, 23 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,706 photos, 637 members
- Pimp My Poster 103 photos, 834 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 16,624 photos, 639 members
- Avery Point 93 photos, 10 members
- the magnifying glass 1,347 photos, 117 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 155,634 photos, 22,901 members
- It came from the sea! 10,261 photos, 769 members
- Physics 5,087 photos, 2,198 members
- Shark Lovers 6,318 photos, 1,824 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,983 photos, 4,487 members
- Extinction Symbol 1,008 photos, 106 members
- Marine ID 4,693 photos, 380 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 109,427 photos, 3,697 members
- Macro Critters 33,633 photos, 1,156 members
- Underwater Macro 31,123 photos, 1,155 members
- Children of the Ocean 476 photos, 74 members
- Digital Underwater Photography 97,508 photos, 4,230 members
- Underwater Camouflage 1,587 photos, 106 members
- salt marsh 709 photos, 75 members
- Marshes, barrens and bogs 8,666 photos, 750 members
- iNaturalist 1,830 photos, 113 members
- Elkhorn Slough 318 photos, 75 members
- Monterey County And San Luis Obispo County California 4,436 photos, 76 members
- Monterey Diving 959 photos, 67 members
- Monterey Peninsula 13,539 photos, 1,095 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 9,820 photos, 1,861 members
- NASA Aviation 3,151 photos, 1,464 members
- Science In Action 1,204 photos, 189 members
- Science Nerd Depot 16,602 photos, 1,630 members
- One Week: Plastic Challenge 26 photos, 21 members
- Arthropod Portraits - Studio Focus Stacks 4,415 photos, 745 members
- Op Sail 2012 89 photos, 9 members
"I am his son, and he looks at nature, but at a close angle. We went on photography hunts and I remember him seeing the Osprey and by the time I got there he was already taking pictures. He was the person who encouraged me to become a photographer in the first place. I have had loads of fun photographing and most of it is thanks to him.
November 13th, 2012
"Eric mixes scientific knowledge, love of nature and love of family and links them all together with his photographs. There is such warmth in what he does."
February 20th, 2006
"A man of many talents, Eric, offers Flickr world a delightful stream of photographs. Nature, especially, birds are shown with expertise and concern in equal measures. Wonderful education for all of us.
But it is not just techniques and knowledge of the subject that are the highlights. It is his genial personality overflowing with concern for the world around us that is the hallmark of his stream. Keep shooting, Eric."
November 4th, 2005
- Eric Heupel
- January 2005
- Fredericksburg, TX
- Westerly, RI, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Eclectic Echoes