More about me at my websites:
Eclectic Echoes personal and family observations and stories.
Larval Images - images and information about the diversity of larval forms
The Other 95% A site all about invertebrate life started by Kevin Zelnio which I am a co-author of now.
Hmmm... who am I?
Well I really don't know the answer to that and as
I am accellerating towards I've cleared 40, well, check back when I'm 50.
What I do though - I am a
(old) undergrad student in Marine Sciences (Physics and Biology focuses) graduate student at the University of Connecticut Avery Point campus persuing an MSc PhD in Oceanography and a researcher with the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth's SMAST program.
Unfortunately all the school and research projects leave little enough time for my family, so my photography time suffers severely. Now that I'm
Soon enough I will be through with my undergrad and on to the masters PhD program then I will have even less time!!
In photography I enjoy wildlife photography and the birds around here are a joy to study through the lens. Macro is second on the list, and of course family snapshots are a must.
Please enjoy the photos, and be sure to leave a comment or question.
Photos of eclectic echoes (5)
- ► Native Collective ◄ 4,804 photos, 665 members
- Scientific Diving 14 photos, 1 member
- Connecticut Audubon Centers 540 photos, 53 members
- Youth Nature Watch 21,346 photos, 969 members
- Scientific Visualization, Animation and Illustration 1,277 photos, 253 members
- Wild Biology 40,262 photos, 2,168 members
- Scientific Illustration - FISH 20 photos, 9 members
- The Art of Science 9,670 photos, 877 members
- Science in pictures 6,651 photos, 1,196 members
- Connecticut Shore - Taken Within Sight of The Waterfront 7,243 photos, 283 members
- Just Hammonasset 3,483 photos, 131 members
- Mystic Aquarium Institute for exploration, closing group 440 photos, 59 members
- Just Pirates 6,613 photos, 1,138 members
- I Love Pirates 2,977 photos, 407 members
- Bermuda is Another World 6,607 photos, 473 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 129,869 photos, 18,141 members
- Homebrew Beer 2,046 photos, 294 members
- Beer Box Art - The artwork of the beer box 102 photos, 23 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,945 photos, 646 members
- Pimp My Poster 104 photos, 823 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 15,982 photos, 656 members
- Avery Point 103 photos, 10 members
- the magnifying glass 1,367 photos, 115 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 153,108 photos, 22,507 members
- It came from the sea! 10,217 photos, 773 members
- Physics 5,132 photos, 2,189 members
- Shark Lovers 6,100 photos, 1,811 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,916 photos, 4,477 members
- Extinction Symbol 857 photos, 94 members
- Marine ID 4,185 photos, 371 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 104,324 photos, 3,641 members
- Macro Critters 31,843 photos, 1,143 members
- Underwater Macro 28,324 photos, 1,120 members
- Children of the Ocean 433 photos, 74 members
- Digital Underwater Photography 93,309 photos, 4,132 members
- Underwater Camouflage 1,297 photos, 108 members
- salt marsh 698 photos, 74 members
- Marshes, barrens and bogs 8,356 photos, 741 members
- iNaturalist 1,478 photos, 88 members
- Elkhorn Slough 313 photos, 75 members
- Monterey County And San Luis Obispo County California 4,397 photos, 78 members
- Monterey Diving 1,019 photos, 66 members
- Monterey Peninsula 13,306 photos, 1,089 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 9,906 photos, 1,865 members
- NASA Aviation 2,787 photos, 1,366 members
- Science In Action 1,128 photos, 179 members
- Science Nerd Depot 15,978 photos, 1,617 members
- One Week: Plastic Challenge 26 photos, 21 members
- Arthropods - Studio Stacks 3,800 photos, 678 members
- Op Sail 2012 101 photos, 9 members
"I am his son, and he looks at nature, but at a close angle. We went on photography hunts and I remember him seeing the Osprey and by the time I got there he was already taking pictures. He was the person who encouraged me to become a photographer in the first place. I have had loads of fun photographing and most of it is thanks to him.
November 13th, 2012
"Eric mixes scientific knowledge, love of nature and love of family and links them all together with his photographs. There is such warmth in what he does."
February 20th, 2006
"A man of many talents, Eric, offers Flickr world a delightful stream of photographs. Nature, especially, birds are shown with expertise and concern in equal measures. Wonderful education for all of us.
But it is not just techniques and knowledge of the subject that are the highlights. It is his genial personality overflowing with concern for the world around us that is the hallmark of his stream. Keep shooting, Eric."
November 4th, 2005
- Eric Heupel
- January 2005
- Fredericksburg, TX
- Westerly, RI, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Eclectic Echoes