More about me at my websites:
Eclectic Echoes personal and family observations and stories.
Larval Images - images and information about the diversity of larval forms
The Other 95% A site all about invertebrate life started by Kevin Zelnio which I am a co-author of now.
Hmmm... who am I?
Well I really don't know the answer to that and as
I am accellerating towards I've cleared 40, well, check back when I'm 50.
What I do though - I am a
(old) undergrad student in Marine Sciences (Physics and Biology focuses) graduate student at the University of Connecticut Avery Point campus persuing an MSc in Oceanography.
Unfortunately all the school and research projects leave little enough time for my family, so my photography time suffers severely. Now that I'm
Soon enough I will be through with my undergrad and on to the masters program then I will have even less time!!
In photography I enjoy wildlife photography and the birds around here are a joy to study through the lens. Macro is second on the list, and of course family snapshots are a must.
Please enjoy the photos, and be sure to leave a comment or question.
Photos of eclectic echoes (5)
- Scientific Diving 14 photos, 1 member
- Connecticut Audubon Centers 378 photos, 40 members
- Youth Nature Watch 22,068 photos, 989 members
- Scientific Visualization, Animation and Illustration 719 photos, 204 members
- Wild Biology 23,334 photos, 2,019 members
- Scientific Illustration - FISH 18 photos, 4 members
- The Art of Science 6,039 photos, 705 members
- Science in pictures 4,686 photos, 915 members
- Connecticut Shore - Taken Within Sight of The Waterfront 6,127 photos, 260 members
- Just Hammonasset 2,391 photos, 103 members
- Mystic Aquarium Institute for exploration, closing group 450 photos, 48 members
- Just Pirates 5,669 photos, 1,049 members
- I Love Pirates 2,585 photos, 364 members
- Bermuda is Another World 5,142 photos, 450 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 117,918 photos, 17,635 members
- Homebrew Beer 2,305 photos, 285 members
- Beer Box Art - The artwork of the beer box 71 photos, 9 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,964 photos, 649 members
- Pimp My Poster 117 photos, 766 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 10,674 photos, 637 members
- Avery Point 103 photos, 10 members
- the magnifying glass 1,418 photos, 111 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 122,405 photos, 19,489 members
- It came from the sea! 9,156 photos, 743 members
- Physics 5,204 photos, 2,125 members
- Shark Lovers 5,322 photos, 1,675 members
- Jellyfish!! 11,843 photos, 4,163 members
- Extinction Symbol 395 photos, 77 members
- Marine ID 1,445 photos, 274 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 84,955 photos, 3,248 members
- Macro Critters 23,407 photos, 940 members
- Underwater Macro 19,672 photos, 908 members
- Children of the Ocean 420 photos, 70 members
- Digital Underwater Photography 72,675 photos, 3,564 members
- Underwater Camouflage 1,250 photos, 100 members
- salt marsh 589 photos, 65 members
- Marshes, barrens and bogs 6,379 photos, 667 members
- iNaturalist 303 photos, 39 members
- Elkhorn Slough 277 photos, 62 members
- Monterey County And San Luis Obispo County California 3,707 photos, 68 members
- Monterey Diving 903 photos, 59 members
- Monterey Peninsula 12,469 photos, 1,015 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,204 photos, 1,811 members
- NASA Aviation 2,290 photos, 913 members
- Science In Action 915 photos, 147 members
- Science Nerd Depot 13,192 photos, 1,478 members
- One Week: Plastic Challenge 26 photos, 21 members
- Arthropods - Studio Stacks 2,083 photos, 470 members
- Op Sail 2012 106 photos, 9 members
- Semper Paratus -- The U.S. Coast Guard 6,160 photos, 817 members
"I am his son, and he looks at nature, but at a close angle. We went on photography hunts and I remember him seeing the Osprey and by the time I got there he was already taking pictures. He was the person who encouraged me to become a photographer in the first place. I have had loads of fun photographing and most of it is thanks to him.
November 13th, 2012
"Eric mixes scientific knowledge, love of nature and love of family and links them all together with his photographs. There is such warmth in what he does."
February 20th, 2006
"A man of many talents, Eric, offers Flickr world a delightful stream of photographs. Nature, especially, birds are shown with expertise and concern in equal measures. Wonderful education for all of us.
But it is not just techniques and knowledge of the subject that are the highlights. It is his genial personality overflowing with concern for the world around us that is the hallmark of his stream. Keep shooting, Eric."
November 4th, 2005
- Eric Heupel
- January 2005
- Fredericksburg, TX
- Mystic, CT, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Eclectic Echoes