More about me at my websites:
Eclectic Echoes personal and family observations and stories.
Larval Images - images and information about the diversity of larval forms
The Other 95% A site all about invertebrate life started by Kevin Zelnio which I am a co-author of now.
Hmmm... who am I?
Well I really don't know the answer to that and as
I am accellerating towards I've cleared 40, well, check back when I'm 50.
What I do though - I am a
(old) undergrad student in Marine Sciences (Physics and Biology focuses) graduate student at the University of Connecticut Avery Point campus persuing an MSc in Oceanography.
Unfortunately all the school and research projects leave little enough time for my family, so my photography time suffers severely. Now that I'm
Soon enough I will be through with my undergrad and on to the masters program then I will have even less time!!
In photography I enjoy wildlife photography and the birds around here are a joy to study through the lens. Macro is second on the list, and of course family snapshots are a must.
Please enjoy the photos, and be sure to leave a comment or question.
Photos of eclectic echoes (5)
- Connecticut Audubon Centers 371 photos, 33 members
- Youth Nature Watch 21,672 photos, 995 members
- Scientific Visualization, Animation and Illustration 649 photos, 185 members
- Wild Biology 15,688 photos, 1,904 members
- Scientific Illustration - FISH 17 photos, 2 members
- The Art of Science 5,017 photos, 618 members
- Science in pictures 3,788 photos, 788 members
- Connecticut Shore - Taken Within Sight of The Waterfront 5,560 photos, 247 members
- Just Hammonasset 944 photos, 69 members
- Mystic Aquarium Institute for exploration, closing group 431 photos, 45 members
- Just Pirates 5,172 photos, 1,008 members
- I Love Pirates 2,377 photos, 344 members
- Bermuda is Another World 4,845 photos, 420 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 112,777 photos, 17,471 members
- Homebrew Beer 2,106 photos, 247 members
- Beer Box Art - The artwork of the beer box 66 photos, 4 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,800 photos, 646 members
- Pimp My Poster 108 photos, 683 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 7,985 photos, 596 members
- Avery Point 81 photos, 9 members
- the magnifying glass 1,502 photos, 110 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 105,281 photos, 17,505 members
- It came from the sea! 8,913 photos, 731 members
- Physics 5,259 photos, 2,027 members
- Shark Lovers 4,793 photos, 1,592 members
- Jellyfish!! 11,209 photos, 3,957 members
- Extinction Symbol 99 photos, 39 members
- Marine ID 1,253 photos, 229 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 75,034 photos, 2,992 members
- Macro Critters 19,897 photos, 861 members
- Underwater Macro 14,990 photos, 691 members
- Children of the Ocean 417 photos, 64 members
- Digital Underwater Photography 60,444 photos, 3,215 members
- Underwater Camouflage 1,164 photos, 82 members
- salt marsh 521 photos, 61 members
- Marshes, barrens and bogs 5,278 photos, 614 members
- iNaturalist 229 photos, 31 members
- Elkhorn Slough 244 photos, 58 members
- Monterey County And San Luis Obispo County California 3,477 photos, 62 members
- Monterey Diving 738 photos, 55 members
- Monterey Peninsula 11,352 photos, 975 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 9,709 photos, 1,761 members
- NASA Aviation 2,470 photos, 754 members
- Science In Action 818 photos, 137 members
- Science Nerd Depot 10,801 photos, 1,410 members
- One Week: Plastic Challenge 26 photos, 21 members
- Insects - Studio Stacks 1,451 photos, 355 members
- Op Sail 2012 105 photos, 9 members
- Semper Paratus -- The U.S. Coast Guard 5,758 photos, 782 members
- Fish - 3 a day! 28,458 photos, 5,344 members
"I am his son, and he looks at nature, but at a close angle. We went on photography hunts and I remember him seeing the Osprey and by the time I got there he was already taking pictures. He was the person who encouraged me to become a photographer in the first place. I have had loads of fun photographing and most of it is thanks to him.
13th November, 2012
"Eric mixes scientific knowledge, love of nature and love of family and links them all together with his photographs. There is such warmth in what he does."
20th February, 2006
"A man of many talents, Eric, offers Flickr world a delightful stream of photographs. Nature, especially, birds are shown with expertise and concern in equal measures. Wonderful education for all of us.
But it is not just techniques and knowledge of the subject that are the highlights. It is his genial personality overflowing with concern for the world around us that is the hallmark of his stream. Keep shooting, Eric."
4th November, 2005
- Eric Heupel
- January 2005
- Fredericksburg, TX
- Mystic, CT, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Eclectic Echoes