More about me at my websites:
Eclectic Echoes personal and family observations and stories.
Larval Images - images and information about the diversity of larval forms
The Other 95% A site all about invertebrate life started by Kevin Zelnio which I am a co-author of now.
Hmmm... who am I?
Well I really don't know the answer to that and as
I am accellerating towards I've cleared 40, well, check back when I'm 50.
What I do though - I am a
(old) undergrad student in Marine Sciences (Physics and Biology focuses) graduate student at the University of Connecticut Avery Point campus persuing an MSc in Oceanography.
Unfortunately all the school and research projects leave little enough time for my family, so my photography time suffers severely. Now that I'm
Soon enough I will be through with my undergrad and on to the masters program then I will have even less time!!
In photography I enjoy wildlife photography and the birds around here are a joy to study through the lens. Macro is second on the list, and of course family snapshots are a must.
Please enjoy the photos, and be sure to leave a comment or question.
Photos of eclectic echoes (5)
- Scientific Diving 14 photos, 1 member
- Connecticut Audubon Centers 359 photos, 35 members
- Youth Nature Watch 22,125 photos, 994 members
- Scientific Visualization, Animation and Illustration 702 photos, 199 members
- Wild Biology 20,224 photos, 1,978 members
- Scientific Illustration - FISH 17 photos, 3 members
- The Art of Science 5,729 photos, 680 members
- Science in pictures 4,439 photos, 882 members
- Connecticut Shore - Taken Within Sight of The Waterfront 5,923 photos, 255 members
- Just Hammonasset 1,895 photos, 95 members
- Mystic Aquarium Institute for exploration, closing group 449 photos, 45 members
- Just Pirates 5,431 photos, 1,034 members
- I Love Pirates 2,557 photos, 367 members
- Bermuda is Another World 5,077 photos, 442 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 118,551 photos, 17,703 members
- Homebrew Beer 2,255 photos, 275 members
- Beer Box Art - The artwork of the beer box 68 photos, 6 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,916 photos, 649 members
- Pimp My Poster 114 photos, 741 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 9,743 photos, 629 members
- Avery Point 101 photos, 10 members
- the magnifying glass 1,418 photos, 111 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 117,588 photos, 18,893 members
- It came from the sea! 9,227 photos, 735 members
- Physics 5,216 photos, 2,097 members
- Shark Lovers 5,219 photos, 1,646 members
- Jellyfish!! 11,654 photos, 4,097 members
- Extinction Symbol 288 photos, 66 members
- Marine ID 1,314 photos, 254 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 81,796 photos, 3,156 members
- Macro Critters 22,093 photos, 907 members
- Underwater Macro 18,020 photos, 836 members
- Children of the Ocean 420 photos, 69 members
- Digital Underwater Photography 68,660 photos, 3,439 members
- Underwater Camouflage 1,250 photos, 92 members
- salt marsh 579 photos, 63 members
- Marshes, barrens and bogs 5,881 photos, 645 members
- iNaturalist 287 photos, 36 members
- Elkhorn Slough 267 photos, 59 members
- Monterey County And San Luis Obispo County California 3,621 photos, 62 members
- Monterey Diving 860 photos, 58 members
- Monterey Peninsula 12,180 photos, 1,002 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,080 photos, 1,804 members
- NASA Aviation 2,199 photos, 858 members
- Science In Action 880 photos, 141 members
- Science Nerd Depot 12,471 photos, 1,463 members
- One Week: Plastic Challenge 26 photos, 21 members
- Arthropods - Studio Stacks 1,865 photos, 431 members
- Op Sail 2012 105 photos, 9 members
- Semper Paratus -- The U.S. Coast Guard 6,044 photos, 809 members
"I am his son, and he looks at nature, but at a close angle. We went on photography hunts and I remember him seeing the Osprey and by the time I got there he was already taking pictures. He was the person who encouraged me to become a photographer in the first place. I have had loads of fun photographing and most of it is thanks to him.
November 13th, 2012
"Eric mixes scientific knowledge, love of nature and love of family and links them all together with his photographs. There is such warmth in what he does."
February 20th, 2006
"A man of many talents, Eric, offers Flickr world a delightful stream of photographs. Nature, especially, birds are shown with expertise and concern in equal measures. Wonderful education for all of us.
But it is not just techniques and knowledge of the subject that are the highlights. It is his genial personality overflowing with concern for the world around us that is the hallmark of his stream. Keep shooting, Eric."
November 4th, 2005
- Eric Heupel
- January 2005
- Fredericksburg, TX
- Mystic, CT, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Eclectic Echoes