More about me at my websites:
Eclectic Echoes personal and family observations and stories.
Larval Images - images and information about the diversity of larval forms
The Other 95% A site all about invertebrate life started by Kevin Zelnio which I am a co-author of now.
Hmmm... who am I?
Well I really don't know the answer to that and as
I am accellerating towards I've cleared 40, well, check back when I'm 50.
What I do though - I am a
(old) undergrad student in Marine Sciences (Physics and Biology focuses) graduate student at the University of Connecticut Avery Point campus persuing an MSc in Oceanography.
Unfortunately all the school and research projects leave little enough time for my family, so my photography time suffers severely. Now that I'm
Soon enough I will be through with my undergrad and on to the masters program then I will have even less time!!
In photography I enjoy wildlife photography and the birds around here are a joy to study through the lens. Macro is second on the list, and of course family snapshots are a must.
Please enjoy the photos, and be sure to leave a comment or question.
Photos of eclectic echoes (5)
- Scientific Diving 14 photos, 1 member
- Connecticut Audubon Centers 397 photos, 43 members
- Youth Nature Watch 21,988 photos, 981 members
- Scientific Visualization, Animation and Illustration 761 photos, 221 members
- Wild Biology 27,487 photos, 2,058 members
- Scientific Illustration - FISH 18 photos, 6 members
- The Art of Science 6,773 photos, 753 members
- Science in pictures 5,143 photos, 983 members
- Connecticut Shore - Taken Within Sight of The Waterfront 6,392 photos, 265 members
- Just Hammonasset 2,807 photos, 110 members
- Mystic Aquarium Institute for exploration, closing group 448 photos, 51 members
- Just Pirates 6,034 photos, 1,073 members
- I Love Pirates 2,719 photos, 371 members
- Bermuda is Another World 5,716 photos, 457 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 123,570 photos, 17,998 members
- Homebrew Beer 2,310 photos, 291 members
- Beer Box Art - The artwork of the beer box 77 photos, 12 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,962 photos, 645 members
- Pimp My Poster 115 photos, 781 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 11,793 photos, 644 members
- Avery Point 104 photos, 10 members
- the magnifying glass 1,330 photos, 110 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 129,325 photos, 20,402 members
- It came from the sea! 9,392 photos, 749 members
- Physics 5,193 photos, 2,158 members
- Shark Lovers 5,437 photos, 1,722 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,170 photos, 4,259 members
- Extinction Symbol 540 photos, 84 members
- Marine ID 1,828 photos, 290 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 88,966 photos, 3,341 members
- Macro Critters 24,779 photos, 980 members
- Underwater Macro 21,701 photos, 965 members
- Children of the Ocean 433 photos, 71 members
- Digital Underwater Photography 77,431 photos, 3,704 members
- Underwater Camouflage 1,294 photos, 102 members
- salt marsh 605 photos, 68 members
- Marshes, barrens and bogs 6,864 photos, 690 members
- iNaturalist 308 photos, 44 members
- Elkhorn Slough 274 photos, 64 members
- Monterey County And San Luis Obispo County California 3,797 photos, 70 members
- Monterey Diving 935 photos, 61 members
- Monterey Peninsula 12,345 photos, 1,038 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,329 photos, 1,824 members
- NASA Aviation 2,485 photos, 1,076 members
- Science In Action 968 photos, 157 members
- Science Nerd Depot 14,154 photos, 1,512 members
- One Week: Plastic Challenge 26 photos, 21 members
- Arthropods - Studio Stacks 2,253 photos, 518 members
- Op Sail 2012 106 photos, 9 members
- Semper Paratus -- The U.S. Coast Guard 6,177 photos, 834 members
"I am his son, and he looks at nature, but at a close angle. We went on photography hunts and I remember him seeing the Osprey and by the time I got there he was already taking pictures. He was the person who encouraged me to become a photographer in the first place. I have had loads of fun photographing and most of it is thanks to him.
November 13th, 2012
"Eric mixes scientific knowledge, love of nature and love of family and links them all together with his photographs. There is such warmth in what he does."
February 20th, 2006
"A man of many talents, Eric, offers Flickr world a delightful stream of photographs. Nature, especially, birds are shown with expertise and concern in equal measures. Wonderful education for all of us.
But it is not just techniques and knowledge of the subject that are the highlights. It is his genial personality overflowing with concern for the world around us that is the hallmark of his stream. Keep shooting, Eric."
November 4th, 2005
- Eric Heupel
- January 2005
- Fredericksburg, TX
- Mystic, CT, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Eclectic Echoes