More about me at my websites:
Eclectic Echoes personal and family observations and stories.
Larval Images - images and information about the diversity of larval forms
The Other 95% A site all about invertebrate life started by Kevin Zelnio which I am a co-author of now.
Hmmm... who am I?
Well I really don't know the answer to that and as
I am accellerating towards I've cleared 40, well, check back when I'm 50.
What I do though - I am a
(old) undergrad student in Marine Sciences (Physics and Biology focuses) graduate student at the University of Connecticut Avery Point campus persuing an MSc in Oceanography.
Unfortunately all the school and research projects leave little enough time for my family, so my photography time suffers severely. Now that I'm
Soon enough I will be through with my undergrad and on to the masters program then I will have even less time!!
In photography I enjoy wildlife photography and the birds around here are a joy to study through the lens. Macro is second on the list, and of course family snapshots are a must.
Please enjoy the photos, and be sure to leave a comment or question.
Photos of eclectic echoes (5)
- ► Native Collective ◄ 4,369 photos, 613 members
- Scientific Diving 14 photos, 1 member
- Connecticut Audubon Centers 414 photos, 46 members
- Youth Nature Watch 21,895 photos, 977 members
- Scientific Visualization, Animation and Illustration 777 photos, 229 members
- Wild Biology 30,776 photos, 2,106 members
- Scientific Illustration - FISH 18 photos, 6 members
- The Art of Science 7,440 photos, 784 members
- Science in pictures 5,547 photos, 1,023 members
- Connecticut Shore - Taken Within Sight of The Waterfront 6,642 photos, 269 members
- Just Hammonasset 2,996 photos, 118 members
- Mystic Aquarium Institute for exploration, closing group 457 photos, 54 members
- Just Pirates 6,178 photos, 1,091 members
- I Love Pirates 2,796 photos, 381 members
- Bermuda is Another World 6,065 photos, 461 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 122,832 photos, 17,931 members
- Homebrew Beer 2,318 photos, 297 members
- Beer Box Art - The artwork of the beer box 82 photos, 14 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,971 photos, 649 members
- Pimp My Poster 114 photos, 798 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 12,780 photos, 652 members
- Avery Point 105 photos, 10 members
- the magnifying glass 1,330 photos, 109 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 134,654 photos, 20,972 members
- It came from the sea! 9,569 photos, 755 members
- Physics 5,188 photos, 2,154 members
- Shark Lovers 5,610 photos, 1,747 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,406 photos, 4,334 members
- Extinction Symbol 574 photos, 85 members
- Marine ID 2,264 photos, 307 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 92,119 photos, 3,411 members
- Macro Critters 25,718 photos, 1,021 members
- Underwater Macro 22,623 photos, 1,005 members
- Children of the Ocean 433 photos, 71 members
- Digital Underwater Photography 80,839 photos, 3,804 members
- Underwater Camouflage 1,295 photos, 102 members
- salt marsh 625 photos, 72 members
- Marshes, barrens and bogs 7,317 photos, 711 members
- iNaturalist 391 photos, 57 members
- Elkhorn Slough 278 photos, 67 members
- Monterey County And San Luis Obispo County California 3,872 photos, 75 members
- Monterey Diving 954 photos, 64 members
- Monterey Peninsula 12,738 photos, 1,060 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,382 photos, 1,842 members
- NASA Aviation 2,365 photos, 1,134 members
- Science In Action 1,000 photos, 158 members
- Science Nerd Depot 14,846 photos, 1,532 members
- One Week: Plastic Challenge 26 photos, 21 members
- Arthropods - Studio Stacks 2,516 photos, 555 members
- Op Sail 2012 106 photos, 9 members
"I am his son, and he looks at nature, but at a close angle. We went on photography hunts and I remember him seeing the Osprey and by the time I got there he was already taking pictures. He was the person who encouraged me to become a photographer in the first place. I have had loads of fun photographing and most of it is thanks to him.
November 13th, 2012
"Eric mixes scientific knowledge, love of nature and love of family and links them all together with his photographs. There is such warmth in what he does."
February 20th, 2006
"A man of many talents, Eric, offers Flickr world a delightful stream of photographs. Nature, especially, birds are shown with expertise and concern in equal measures. Wonderful education for all of us.
But it is not just techniques and knowledge of the subject that are the highlights. It is his genial personality overflowing with concern for the world around us that is the hallmark of his stream. Keep shooting, Eric."
November 4th, 2005
- Eric Heupel
- January 2005
- Fredericksburg, TX
- Mystic, CT, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Eclectic Echoes