More about me at my websites:
Eclectic Echoes personal and family observations and stories.
Larval Images - images and information about the diversity of larval forms
The Other 95% A site all about invertebrate life started by Kevin Zelnio which I am a co-author of now.
Hmmm... who am I?
Well I really don't know the answer to that and as
I am accellerating towards I've cleared 40, well, check back when I'm 50.
What I do though - I am a
(old) undergrad student in Marine Sciences (Physics and Biology focuses) graduate student at the University of Connecticut Avery Point campus persuing an MSc in Oceanography.
Unfortunately all the school and research projects leave little enough time for my family, so my photography time suffers severely. Now that I'm
Soon enough I will be through with my undergrad and on to the masters program then I will have even less time!!
In photography I enjoy wildlife photography and the birds around here are a joy to study through the lens. Macro is second on the list, and of course family snapshots are a must.
Please enjoy the photos, and be sure to leave a comment or question.
Photos of eclectic echoes (5)
- ► Native Collective ◄ 4,617 photos, 638 members
- Scientific Diving 14 photos, 1 member
- Connecticut Audubon Centers 448 photos, 47 members
- Youth Nature Watch 21,723 photos, 975 members
- Scientific Visualization, Animation and Illustration 828 photos, 232 members
- Wild Biology 33,992 photos, 2,138 members
- Scientific Illustration - FISH 19 photos, 8 members
- The Art of Science 8,066 photos, 814 members
- Science in pictures 5,952 photos, 1,083 members
- Connecticut Shore - Taken Within Sight of The Waterfront 6,815 photos, 272 members
- Just Hammonasset 3,193 photos, 125 members
- Mystic Aquarium Institute for exploration, closing group 421 photos, 55 members
- Just Pirates 6,318 photos, 1,107 members
- I Love Pirates 2,842 photos, 391 members
- Bermuda is Another World 6,171 photos, 468 members
- CHRISTMAS WORLDWIDE Flickr's #1 Xmas Group 126,933 photos, 18,163 members
- Homebrew Beer 2,014 photos, 293 members
- Beer Box Art - The artwork of the beer box 89 photos, 18 members
- Hurricane-Sandy 4,949 photos, 649 members
- Pimp My Poster 114 photos, 802 members
- Top-Photo-Spots 13,513 photos, 654 members
- Avery Point 105 photos, 10 members
- the magnifying glass 1,331 photos, 111 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 140,889 photos, 21,570 members
- It came from the sea! 9,874 photos, 764 members
- Physics 5,175 photos, 2,174 members
- Shark Lovers 5,839 photos, 1,765 members
- Jellyfish!! 12,574 photos, 4,382 members
- Extinction Symbol 685 photos, 87 members
- Marine ID 2,821 photos, 335 members
- Wetpixel Underwater Photography 95,729 photos, 3,492 members
- Macro Critters 27,657 photos, 1,070 members
- Underwater Macro 24,168 photos, 1,035 members
- Children of the Ocean 433 photos, 72 members
- Digital Underwater Photography 83,756 photos, 3,921 members
- Underwater Camouflage 1,297 photos, 106 members
- salt marsh 632 photos, 72 members
- Marshes, barrens and bogs 7,612 photos, 715 members
- iNaturalist 776 photos, 73 members
- Elkhorn Slough 295 photos, 71 members
- Monterey County And San Luis Obispo County California 4,069 photos, 77 members
- Monterey Diving 964 photos, 66 members
- Monterey Peninsula 12,928 photos, 1,071 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,426 photos, 1,854 members
- NASA Aviation 2,530 photos, 1,206 members
- Science In Action 1,042 photos, 168 members
- Science Nerd Depot 15,204 photos, 1,558 members
- One Week: Plastic Challenge 26 photos, 21 members
- Arthropods - Studio Stacks 2,833 photos, 599 members
- Op Sail 2012 101 photos, 9 members
"I am his son, and he looks at nature, but at a close angle. We went on photography hunts and I remember him seeing the Osprey and by the time I got there he was already taking pictures. He was the person who encouraged me to become a photographer in the first place. I have had loads of fun photographing and most of it is thanks to him.
November 13th, 2012
"Eric mixes scientific knowledge, love of nature and love of family and links them all together with his photographs. There is such warmth in what he does."
February 20th, 2006
"A man of many talents, Eric, offers Flickr world a delightful stream of photographs. Nature, especially, birds are shown with expertise and concern in equal measures. Wonderful education for all of us.
But it is not just techniques and knowledge of the subject that are the highlights. It is his genial personality overflowing with concern for the world around us that is the hallmark of his stream. Keep shooting, Eric."
November 4th, 2005
- Eric Heupel
- January 2005
- Fredericksburg, TX
- Mystic, CT, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Eclectic Echoes