"What am I in the eyes of most people, a nonentity, an eccentric, or an unpleasant person--somebody who has no position in society and will never have; in short, the lowest of the low. All right, then--even if that were absolutely true, then I should one day like to show by my work what such an eccentric, such a nobody has in his heart."
-- Vincent Van Gogh
I put the "just" in "just a point & shoot."
View a slideshow of my photographs by:
Interestingness or Most Recent
Click to clear your Flickr cache.
MY LITTLE ANNOUNCEMENTS:
ABOUT MY COMMENTS
I tend not to make them anymore. But that doesn't mean I'm not watching...
COMMUNITIES I FREQUENT
GROUPS I'VE STARTED
Tristate Farms - Clickr - Tilted Universe - Bollington
Inspire at will.
I've got Good Vibrations.
- Bretagne Naturelle, éco et bio - Haute-Bretagne Ille-et-Vilaine 1,538 photos, 243 members
- The Art of the City 954 photos, 189 members
- New Takes On Classic Items 2 photos, 15 members
- By Accident 3,036 photos, 1,482 members
- It's not grim up North 1,996 photos, 180 members
- Lensbaby 79,441 photos, 10,066 members
- NoEgo 48 photos, 3 members
- Dan & Heather's Wedding 333 photos, 32 members
- In and Around Syracuse NY 7,071 photos, 442 members
- Central New York 9,634 photos, 491 members
- Kalimantan 777 photos, 193 members
- Palm Oil 358 photos, 71 members
- HDR 1,054,469 photos, 92,348 members
- English Heritage Days Out 16,942 photos, 1,428 members
- Agony - by Flikr 2,210 photos, 236 members
- White Nancy 173 photos, 34 members
- It's Grim Up North 219,765 photos, 3,027 members
- Wilmslow 396 photos, 44 members
- National Trust 93,126 photos, 5,910 members
- Peak District National Park 88,569 photos, 4,161 members
- Conservation Filmmakers & Photographers 2,909 photos, 434 members
- Bollington 1,672 photos, 108 members
- Macclesfield 8,248 photos, 265 members
- Made in Manchester (your BEST Manchester shots!) 29,234 photos, 1,886 members
- Düsseldorf 34,529 photos, 1,789 members
- London 1,133,343 photos, 37,182 members
- Wales 184,806 photos, 3,728 members
- Kate & Tom 287 photos, 13 members
- tantannoodles.com WordPress Flickr Plugins 162 photos, 1,719 members
- Manchester, UK 223,856 photos, 6,936 members
- England 510,501 photos, 10,414 members
- Cheshire 46,618 photos, 1,054 members
- Bristol 139,490 photos, 4,633 members
- Spirograph 430 photos, 67 members
- FishEye 168,701 photos, 14,685 members
- FlickrCentral 9,217,433 photos, 279,590 members
- Tilted Universe (Defying Gravity 24/7) 462 photos, 84 members
- Blurry People 5,345 photos, 710 members
- Clickr 55 photos, 6 members
- Tristate Farms 698 photos, 44 members
- Camera Toss 7,589 photos, 19,931 members
- Jumper 28,800 photos, 814 members
- Idyll 23,708 photos, 1,147 members
- whiledriving 2,146 photos, 127 members
- Two photos at a time - transformations - SLIDESHOW 599 photos, 232 members
- Technique 195 photos, 15,936 members
- Pennsylvania>Lancaster County 13,900 photos, 881 members
"Kate's been inspiring me since I found her livejournal one day and had to be her friend for a crazy user icon project, which briefly spawned a little lj community. Hang around Kate enough online and you get to take part in a lot of fun little projects and communities, see some gorgeous work, and read some beautiful and honest prose. In all these things, she sets an example that's hard to follow, though it doesn't stop me from trying."
January 21st, 2006
Ali Brohi says:
"So who brought meaning to my membership to flick? Yes, you guessed right, it was and still is “the” eastofnorth. Katherine came, commented and conquered my fotog-attention towards her stream and so started the endless exchanges of comments, suggestions, techniques, invites and so many other venues that make flickr what it is. So it’s for people like her – the young pixel-guru from NJ – that I’m super addicted to this site now (even tho I wish I could be more active than I am *coughs*)
Her farm fotos drove me outta the city and into NJ. But I couldn’t get anywhere near the eminence she captures in her shots of landscapes. (with “just” a point-n-shoot I should add). She’s got the wits, a strong head and someone who’s willing to learn and teach with no limits. I’m glad this color-freak found me! Cheers to a new-found (strong) friendship.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK."
November 12th, 2005
"The way that I came across Katherine was when she made me one of her contacts. I returned the nicety, and really didn’t think too much of it. As time went on, I noticed that she often made comments on the photos she posted. To be honest, it struck me as a tad bit pompous. Then I started to realize that her comments were meant to inform, or to put some perspective on her post, beyond what would go in the description field. Sometimes they were funny, and sometimes self-deprecating. I realized she didn’t take herself (or her posts) too seriously, which is something I very much admire in anyone. Through words and interactions, she has always exhibited integrity and humility, and while on the one hand she has the courage to share her honest opinion freely, she tempers that courage with a willingness to communicate openly and carefully listen to the needs of others.
With respect to her posts, Katherine is someone who has opened my eyes and my mind. Prior to meeting her, I was very much dead-set against any editing that went beyond the “traditional” darkroom processes; through her meticulous efforts and artistic embellishments, she has shown me the value of digital editing, and is always willing to explain what steps she has taken. Similarly, she will also spend the time examining and honestly critiquing anything that I ask her to.
Probably what I admire about her most is that she is always trying new things and encouraging others to do the same. On any given day, she’ll show you trees, or fungi macros, or her friends, or a funky self-portrait…check out her posts and you’ll see.
The flickr community is a better place with her, and she’s one of my best friends in it."
October 11th, 2005
- July 2005
- Still haven't found it yet.
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- East of North