Bec Thomas is an award winning fine art photographer from the Pacific Northwest. Photography has been a love and interest of Bec’s for as long as she can remember, and it has served as the platform from which she has discovered not only the world, but much of who she is. Focusing mainly in black and white to bring the details of nature into sharp focus; Bec’s favorite time to take pictures in on really foggy or windy days, she is not deterred by the variety of challenges Mother Nature can throw at us.
Bec resides on Camano Island Washington with her husband, her 3 boys, 3 dogs and 4 cats (some of them are outdoor only). Her 3 boys often tag along on photo hiking trips as well as one of her dogs Orion.
Bec is currently a member of the Stanwood Camano Arts Guild, Professional Photographers of America and participates in various art shows around the Pacific Northwest. She has also been a patron of Photo Center Northwest and Center for Photographic Art supporting photographic arts.
Bec’s online portfolio can be found at wwwbecthomasphotography.com
Her blog “Visual Perspective” is available at becthomasphotography.com/visualperspective/
Twitter is at twitter.com/BecThomas
Blog catalog www.blogcatalog.com/user/becthomasphotograp
Email is BecThomasPhoto@verizon.net
JPG Magazine www.jpgmag.com/people/Duvina
Copyright © Bec Thomas Photography 2009
Copyright © Bec Thomas All rights reserved. Please note none of my photos are public domain or a free stock image. Images are not to be downloaded, used, copied, duplicated, reproduced, or blogged etc in any medium, physical or electronic, without my express permission. All images are for sale and can be purchased by contacting BecThomasPhoto@verizon.net. Use without written consent by the author (Bec Thomas) will constitute an infringement of copyright and is illegal and punishable by law.
Photos of Bec Thomas Photography (1)
- TogChat 1,836 photos, 295 members
- Cafe Elite 105,586 photos, 4,353 members
- West Coast (USA) 16,934 photos, 456 members
- Landscape photography 2,226,650 photos, 91,169 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 780,033 photos, 16,019 members
- Northwest Outdoors 134,831 photos, 3,393 members
- Washington State 100,026 photos, 2,162 members
- Lunar Eclipse December 21 2010 745 photos, 281 members
- CLICK the CAMERA 1,014,012 photos, 12,625 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 457,027 photos, 50,967 members
- Girl Photographers 946,470 photos, 38,815 members
- Professional landscapes 404,803 photos, 11,972 members
- Landschaft/Landscape 296,821 photos, 9,073 members
- Landscape 1,062,945 photos, 101,755 members
- B/W Landscapes 14,691 photos, 3,386 members
- North Cascades 13,348 photos, 850 members
- U.S. State Parks & Reserves etc. 8,557 photos, 629 members
- U.S. National Forests 28,003 photos, 1,520 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes 590,169 photos, 41,918 members
- U.S. National Parks 222,447 photos, 19,755 members
- Tulips 47,396 photos, 6,211 members
- Flickr Social Club 1,689,177 photos, 38,790 members
- Pacific Northwest 435,490 photos, 9,852 members
- Seattle 183,172 photos, 8,619 members
- Global Photojournalism 528,840 photos, 24,376 members
- Digital Photography School 11,893 photos, 20,827 members
- July 18th 2009, Scott Kelby's 2nd Annual Worldwide Photo Walk 9,900 photos, 3,231 members
- Professional Photography 81,045 photos, 4,112 members
- PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHERS 34,384 photos, 1,466 members
- #TOGether 35 photos, 19 members
- Artistic Photography 4,999,783 photos, 136,635 members
- Beautiful Capture 5,480,772 photos, 122,173 members
- I Love Black and White! 2,185,289 photos, 70,624 members
- Man Ray Gallery 1 photo, 3,205 members
- Photographers' Rights. 218 photos, 3,596 members
- Licensing Awareness Working (LAW) Group 0 photos, 1,253 members
- Textures for Layers 14,931 photos, 16,319 members
- BEST in B&W photography 459,676 photos, 16,250 members
- Pro Corner: Semi-Pro and Professional Photography / Photographer 500,975 photos, 21,353 members
- Black and White 6,836,630 photos, 357,836 members
- B&W 5,330,044 photos, 229,757 members
- Photographers Against Theft 4,370 photos, 585 members
- Art photography in BW -Is Your Art Universal? 332 photos, 1,906 members
- The Dictionary Of Image 4,033 photos, 1,508 members
- FlickrCentral 9,285,048 photos, 278,406 members
- Art in Black and White 478,963 photos, 16,388 members
- You Think this is Art 1,984,219 photos, 73,577 members
- *Karma* 921,746 photos, 17,373 members
- Kris Kros Contacts 142,285 photos, 3,993 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Weekend Showcase *OPEN* 4,548,237 photos, 121,969 members
last pie says:
"""Bec use a different kind of technics in photography. Her creativity is high, her photos are sometimes exciting, sometimes lovely and sometimes beautiful. Go on my friend, I like your work !!"""
July 24th, 2009
"Bec has a wonderful talent for showing us the beauty that surrounds her every day. From rocky beaches to flowers, she has a way of showcasing their individual beauty. Thank you Bec, for letting us see your world through your eyes. It has been a pleasure, and I look forward to many great photos to come!"
March 11th, 2008
knotty ring says:
""your photographs really leaves me speechless each time i view them! with each photo a story is told and left to the mind of the viewer to imagine... not all photographers can achieve this element of mystery in their work! but i congratulate you because you are gifted with this talent!
i love all your works! your just so Wonderful ! ^_^ "
February 1st, 2008
"Bec creates beautiful art on a DAILY basis, thats not easy to do"
October 23rd, 2007
CLF Fearless? Leader says:
"Bec Thomas is a rare and gifted photographer. Her ability to capture not only the obvious beauty of this marvelous planet, but she captures the movement, and feelings in minute detail. That is what astounds about her photographs, the virtual three demensional quality. Beyond that, she has one of the most unique perspectives I have yet to see anywhere in the art world."
June 19th, 2007
"Bec's photos are always worth waiting for, her flower shots in particular are always elegant and beautifully presented, I especially love the way she works with light. Keep up the good work Bec, I am honoured to have you among my friends. ~Jill~"
June 1st, 2007
(Βαγγελης) Vangelis says:
"Bec has a wonderful eye for beautiful things around us!
She can feel the nature around her and express it fully in her photos!!!
Good luck my friend!
June 1st, 2007
"Bec's work is sometimes a little odd, but always fun to examine. She views the world with an eye for the beauty that surrounds us ... and never lets us forget that it is there ... awesome!
Don't ever stop ..."
January 27th, 2007
Ld McGowan Photography says:
"Duvina is so creative and such an insperation. The flower tutorial is wonderful and is something that I'm going to use over and over. Thanks for being such an encouraging photographer!"
January 21st, 2007
- Bec Thomas
- October 2006
- Washington State
- Camano Island, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Bec Thomas Photography