"I should really update my profile" - dr.Ozda
"Reason is about 17th on the list of the attributes that define us as a species." - David Milch
I'm not a Doctor.
The "O" is long.
“Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.” ― H.G. Wells
There's no consistency here. One image doesn't necessarily connect to or flow to the next. My life isn't like that, neither is the photography.
I like old things, and metal junk, artifacts and language. I like decaying matter, organic and inorganic, and growing things (noun and verb) and Nature. I'm curious about stuff and I like to take pictures. Oh, and I love dogs.
I like the ephemeral and capturing things that are about to disappear. I like the mundane, things around us we see everyday, some I hate and some I love and some I take for granted. They'll all change so I like to take their picture. I like people too, in small doses. And dogs in small and large doses.
I like history and when we take photographs we make it.
This is just who I am today, this moment, like a photograph.
About Awards and Comments:
I really like comments but I'm not very fond of awards when they have big showy stickers, especially if they sparkle or move. If you want to give a photo an award, that's cool - I really appreciate it, but leave the overly large, spinning or blinking graphic off, or just make a nice or critical comment. Also, don't bother inviting me to award groups of the post one award so-many variety. Unless it's a Squirt award; I like Squirt awards.
P.S. Do not say "Congrats on Explore." That is the stupidest comment on Flickr and if you think about it it's offensive.
Have a look at my favorites from other Flickr members
Did I mention that I love dogs?
Flickr member since December 17, 2007.
I'm Something I'm not sure what, or perhaps I'm Other, I just don't know.
Just don't steal it.
I am owned by and at least partially managed by the dogs of BeingThere Kennel.
- LIP STICKS 1,093 photos, 149 members
- 写ルンです / Single Use Camera 387 photos, 94 members
- Flickr World of Waste 341 photos, 29 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 50,225 photos, 2,697 members
- americanarama 26 photos, 10 members
- Mailboxes, etc. 4,918 photos, 1,300 members
- Volcanic National Parks and Monuments 741 photos, 98 members
- Roadside Crosses and Memorials 2,315 photos, 161 members
- ISO400 - Monday Morning Special 23,660 photos, 766 members
- Why not a sensia slide today ? 441 photos, 62 members
- Fuji Sensia 2,753 photos, 329 members
- COVERED AND SMOTHERED 1,224 photos, 106 members
- 'RoidWeek 2015 2,089 photos, 568 members
- Dee, 2003-2015, Mari's boy, a child, a son, Sole of our life. 157 photos, 29 members
- ~ Monochrome ~ 42,333 photos, 1,853 members
- indoor landscapes 3,986 photos, 467 members
- . TV . room . 4,970 photos, 971 members
- Alaska Downtowns (AKD) 3,367 photos, 237 members
- C is for... 34,313 photos, 3,604 members
- Cleveland's West Side Suburbs 2,983 photos, 103 members
- Dogs, I love you 65,478 photos, 5,870 members
- Olympus Rangefinders 19,772 photos, 1,626 members
- Walking in the woods 5,996 photos, 317 members
- Woods & Forests 142,691 photos, 10,943 members
- Schmocus gets in your eyes 1,447 photos, 189 members
- olympus xa2 7,164 photos, 740 members
- experimental landscapes 19,888 photos, 652 members
- A conversation with trees, and other plants. 10,140 photos, 504 members
- Pie Club 3,795 photos, 1,172 members
- Black and White Alaska 469 photos, 43 members
- Cleveland - Views of the City 3,235 photos, 172 members
- I Shoot Expired Film 22,221 photos, 766 members
- The Great Lakes (3/day) 21,932 photos, 1,939 members
- Cleveland Metroparks 5,471 photos, 336 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 74,437 photos, 6,993 members
- Jade Plant (Crassula ovata) 124 photos, 65 members
- PLASTIC FANTASTIC 75,601 photos, 2,439 members
- Impossible Project - B&W film 1,175 photos, 236 members
- Audubon magazine 117,176 photos, 1,387 members
- Mount Rainier National Park photos - NPS 1,892 photos, 351 members
- Society for Commercial Archeology 17,533 photos, 501 members
- Animals from Above, Below, and the Land In Between 3,047 photos, 176 members
- Polaroid Spectra 20,760 photos, 2,422 members
- Real Life Commenting 163 photos, 20 members
- Into the trees (Mono) 1,439 photos, 209 members
- chimmaspace 460 photos, 305 members
- alternative processes printing (read rules please) 11,520 photos, 3,126 members
- Spring RoidWeek 2014 2,515 photos, 715 members
- Airplanes Of Alaska 895 photos, 84 members
- S T R E E T 873 photos, 45 members
"I can honestly say it is the only stream that I visit that I never know what I am going to find that day... you always keep me on my toes!!!! A very interesting eye you have and I am so glad that you share it with the rest of us to see. I love photography for the fact that it makes us see the world rather than just look at it. Of course I was first drawn to your stream from the mutual love of dogs and you are so blessed to have such an amazing pack. I envy you when I see the photos of you running the dogs as that is something that I definitely want to at least do once before I die... I look forward to many more years of friendship!!!"
December 24th, 2012
pam's pics- says:
"I should have written this a long time ago. Dr Ozda has been one of my long time contacts. I look forward to his shots every single day. His images are always really offbeat and creative and so interesting. I appreciate that he shares his daily life with us through his wonderful images. I'm learning to know each and every one of his dogs and their personalities. Dr Ozad is just full of passion for photography and for his dogs and for his life.
I am blessed to count him as one of my long time contacts."
December 16th, 2011
Lori - Learning Junkie says:
"Robert's photography is offbeat, thought-provoking, sometimes deviant, occasionally edgy and always entertaining. His view of the world is refreshing and unique. The photos of his beloved dogs will melt your heart and keep you coming back for more. Robert is brilliant man with a heart of gold and a treasured friend. I am grateful we stumbled across each other on flickr."
October 21st, 2010
"Robert has the finest dog photos on Flickr. Many of his other photos are terrific, also. But, the canine variety is second to none. I don't know why anyone would move from Cleveland to Alaska, but I suppose it had to do with being able to have more room for dogs and to go mushing."
July 15th, 2009
"Sometimes the grin stays on my face long after visiting dr.Ozda's photos. The gift he shares with so many of us is priceless. His unique eye and talents are a breath of fresh air, especially through challenging times and uncertainties.
Most photo streams I view, I like this & that, some more so than others and the rest seem fairly nice but... every photo I've seen from dr.Ozda makes me sit up and take notice, often shaking my head at the originality and the moods they emote in me.
I wish I lived a little closer to his world but am content to be on the sidelines as an avid admirer."
February 14th, 2009
Lost in the Hills says:
"Robert is a rare breed, he has the innate ability to see amazing photographs where I would not even give a second glance. I constantly look at his work and revel at the skill and perception. I hope to l look at the world around me better and with a more focused eye, based on what I see in his photographs.
Robert is also a storyteller and a good one. His shots are almost always accompanied by a narrative that is both concise and complete. I fell like I have learned something reading his observations. He tells these stories with a gentle good humor.
Lastly, Robert and I grew up in the same neighborhood but never met until Flickr. He's a hoot and has a sharp sense of humor.
Look at his photostream and read his stories. Jack London would have approved."
November 3rd, 2008
Backroad Drifter says:
"Ozda is not only a great photographer, he's someone who actually takes time to visit and talk when a picture catch's his attention.He's down to earth and real.. Visiting the pictures he has faved shows he not only can take good pictures.He has a eye for interesting shots. He truly looks at peoples work..
What drew me to him though is where he is from...Alaska..Who wouldn't love that state? I want to see his world..
Ozda is one of my favorite contacts.."
June 13th, 2008
"Robert is a contact that just happened into my view. I'm not sure how, but I came across one of his dog photos somewhere, and was stunned by it's purity and composition. Don't be fooled... Robert has the knack. Go through his stream and visit Alaska and the things he sees. It's good stuff! As a bonus, he's a pretty nice guy too. :-)"
March 22nd, 2008
- dr. Ozda
- December 2007
- Originally Cleveland, Ohio
- Fairbanks, Alaska, North
- I am:
- Dogs; okay, pre-Occupation
- dr.Ozda on Fluidr