"I should really update my profile" - dr.Ozda
"Reason is about 17th on the list of the attributes that define us as a species." - David Milch
I'm not a Doctor.
The "O" is long.
“Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.” ― H.G. Wells
There's no consistency here. One image doesn't necessarily connect to or flow to the next. My life isn't like that, neither is the photography.
I like old things, and metal junk, artifacts and language. I like decaying matter, organic and inorganic, and growing things (noun and verb) and Nature. I'm curious about stuff and I like to take pictures. Oh, and I love dogs.
I like the ephemeral and capturing things that are about to disappear. I like the mundane, things around us we see everyday, some I hate and some I love and some I take for granted. They'll all change so I like to take their picture. I like people too, in small doses. And dogs in small and large doses.
I like history and when we take photographs we make it.
This is just who I am today, this moment, like a photograph.
About Awards and Comments:
I really like comments but I'm not very fond of awards when they have big showy stickers, especially if they sparkle or move. If you want to give a photo an award, that's cool - I really appreciate it, but leave the overly large, spinning or blinking graphic off, or just make a nice or critical comment. Also, don't bother inviting me to award groups of the post one award so-many variety. Unless it's a Squirt award; I like Squirt awards.
P.S. Do not say "Congrats on Explore." That is the stupidest comment on Flickr and if you think about it it's offensive.
Have a look at my favorites from other Flickr members
Did I mention that I love dogs?
Flickr member since December 17, 2007.
I'm Something I'm not sure what, or perhaps I'm Other, I just don't know.
Just don't steal it.
I am owned by and at least partially managed by the dogs of BeingThere Kennel.
- With humanity 2,773 photos, 140 members
- LIP STICKS 1,204 photos, 171 members
- 写ルンです / Single Use Camera 388 photos, 94 members
- Flickr World of Waste 344 photos, 28 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 50,609 photos, 2,715 members
- Mailboxes, etc. 4,949 photos, 1,304 members
- Volcanic National Parks and Monuments 766 photos, 102 members
- Roadside Crosses and Memorials 2,318 photos, 162 members
- ISO400 - Monday Morning Special 25,210 photos, 784 members
- Why not a sensia slide today ? 441 photos, 62 members
- Fuji Sensia 2,763 photos, 332 members
- COVERED AND SMOTHERED 1,235 photos, 106 members
- 'RoidWeek 2015 2,079 photos, 588 members
- Dee, 2003-2015, Mari's boy, a child, a son, Sole of our life. 160 photos, 27 members
- ~ Monochrome ~ 43,456 photos, 1,905 members
- indoor landscapes 4,176 photos, 490 members
- . TV . room . 4,960 photos, 974 members
- Alaska Downtowns (AKD) 3,326 photos, 243 members
- C is for...CASTLES 39,115 photos, 4,002 members
- Cleveland's West Side Suburbs 3,056 photos, 103 members
- Dogs, I love you 69,207 photos, 5,930 members
- Olympus Rangefinders 19,889 photos, 1,641 members
- Walking in the woods 6,256 photos, 336 members
- Woods & Forests 145,816 photos, 11,100 members
- Schmocus gets in your eyes 1,457 photos, 188 members
- olympus xa2 7,227 photos, 753 members
- experimental landscapes 20,512 photos, 659 members
- A conversation with trees, and other plants. 10,334 photos, 509 members
- Pie Club 3,800 photos, 1,173 members
- Black and White Alaska 519 photos, 46 members
- Cleveland - Views of the City 3,320 photos, 175 members
- I Shoot Expired Film 24,161 photos, 806 members
- The Great Lakes (3/day) 22,183 photos, 1,955 members
- Cleveland Metroparks 5,544 photos, 337 members
- Olympus XA Users Collective 74,739 photos, 7,026 members
- Jade Plant (Crassula ovata) 124 photos, 65 members
- PLASTIC FANTASTIC 75,661 photos, 2,436 members
- Impossible Project - B&W film 1,232 photos, 251 members
- Audubon magazine 121,914 photos, 1,426 members
- Mount Rainier National Park photos - NPS 1,879 photos, 364 members
- Society for Commercial Archeology 17,710 photos, 501 members
- Animals from Above, Below, and the Land In Between 3,260 photos, 186 members
- Polaroid Spectra 20,805 photos, 2,428 members
- Real Life Commenting 166 photos, 20 members
- Into the trees (Mono) 1,440 photos, 207 members
- chimmaspace 471 photos, 318 members
- alternative processes printing (read rules please) 11,656 photos, 3,137 members
- Spring RoidWeek 2014 2,498 photos, 712 members
- Airplanes Of Alaska 923 photos, 87 members
- S T R E E T 899 photos, 46 members
"I can honestly say it is the only stream that I visit that I never know what I am going to find that day... you always keep me on my toes!!!! A very interesting eye you have and I am so glad that you share it with the rest of us to see. I love photography for the fact that it makes us see the world rather than just look at it. Of course I was first drawn to your stream from the mutual love of dogs and you are so blessed to have such an amazing pack. I envy you when I see the photos of you running the dogs as that is something that I definitely want to at least do once before I die... I look forward to many more years of friendship!!!"
December 24th, 2012
pam's pics- says:
"I should have written this a long time ago. Dr Ozda has been one of my long time contacts. I look forward to his shots every single day. His images are always really offbeat and creative and so interesting. I appreciate that he shares his daily life with us through his wonderful images. I'm learning to know each and every one of his dogs and their personalities. Dr Ozad is just full of passion for photography and for his dogs and for his life.
I am blessed to count him as one of my long time contacts."
December 16th, 2011
Lori - Learning Junkie says:
"Robert's photography is offbeat, thought-provoking, sometimes deviant, occasionally edgy and always entertaining. His view of the world is refreshing and unique. The photos of his beloved dogs will melt your heart and keep you coming back for more. Robert is brilliant man with a heart of gold and a treasured friend. I am grateful we stumbled across each other on flickr."
October 21st, 2010
"Robert has the finest dog photos on Flickr. Many of his other photos are terrific, also. But, the canine variety is second to none. I don't know why anyone would move from Cleveland to Alaska, but I suppose it had to do with being able to have more room for dogs and to go mushing."
July 15th, 2009
"Sometimes the grin stays on my face long after visiting dr.Ozda's photos. The gift he shares with so many of us is priceless. His unique eye and talents are a breath of fresh air, especially through challenging times and uncertainties.
Most photo streams I view, I like this & that, some more so than others and the rest seem fairly nice but... every photo I've seen from dr.Ozda makes me sit up and take notice, often shaking my head at the originality and the moods they emote in me.
I wish I lived a little closer to his world but am content to be on the sidelines as an avid admirer."
February 14th, 2009
Lost in the Hills says:
"Robert is a rare breed, he has the innate ability to see amazing photographs where I would not even give a second glance. I constantly look at his work and revel at the skill and perception. I hope to l look at the world around me better and with a more focused eye, based on what I see in his photographs.
Robert is also a storyteller and a good one. His shots are almost always accompanied by a narrative that is both concise and complete. I fell like I have learned something reading his observations. He tells these stories with a gentle good humor.
Lastly, Robert and I grew up in the same neighborhood but never met until Flickr. He's a hoot and has a sharp sense of humor.
Look at his photostream and read his stories. Jack London would have approved."
November 3rd, 2008
Backroad Drifter says:
"Ozda is not only a great photographer, he's someone who actually takes time to visit and talk when a picture catch's his attention.He's down to earth and real.. Visiting the pictures he has faved shows he not only can take good pictures.He has a eye for interesting shots. He truly looks at peoples work..
What drew me to him though is where he is from...Alaska..Who wouldn't love that state? I want to see his world..
Ozda is one of my favorite contacts.."
June 13th, 2008
"Robert is a contact that just happened into my view. I'm not sure how, but I came across one of his dog photos somewhere, and was stunned by it's purity and composition. Don't be fooled... Robert has the knack. Go through his stream and visit Alaska and the things he sees. It's good stuff! As a bonus, he's a pretty nice guy too. :-)"
March 22nd, 2008
- dr. Ozda
- December 2007
- Originally Cleveland, Ohio
- Fairbanks, Alaska, North
- I am:
- Dogs; okay, pre-Occupation
- dr.Ozda on Fluidr