I'm not rude, I just have a very, very, very slow internet connection.
"Reason is about 17th on the list of the attributes that define us as a species." - David Milch
I'm not a Doctor.
The "O" is long.
“Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.” ― H.G. Wells
There's no consistency here. One image doesn't necessarily connect to or flow to the next. My life isn't like that, neither is the photography.
I like old things, and metal junk, artifacts and language. I like decaying matter, organic and inorganic, and growing things (noun and verb) and Nature. I'm curious about stuff and I like to take pictures. Oh, and I love dogs.
I like the ephemeral and capturing things that are about to disappear. I like the mundane, things around us we see everyday, some I hate and some I love and some I take for granted. They'll all change so I like to take their picture. I like people too, in small doses. And dogs in small and large doses.
I like history and when we take photographs we make it.
This is just who I am today, this moment, like a photograph.
About Awards and Comments:
I really like comments but I'm not very fond of awards when they have big showy stickers, especially if they sparkle or move. If you want to give a photo an award, that's cool - I really appreciate it, but leave the overly large, spinning or blinking graphic off, or just make a nice or critical comment. Also, don't bother inviting me to award groups of the post one award so-many variety. Unless it's a Squirt award; I like Squirt awards.
P.S. Do not say "Congrats on Explore." That is the stupidest comment on Flickr and if you think about it it's offensive.
Have a look at my favorites from other Flickr members
Did I mention that I love dogs?
Flickr member since December 17, 2007.
I'm Something I'm not sure what, or perhaps I'm Other, I just don't know.
Just don't steal it.
I am owned by and at least partially managed by the dogs of BeingThere Kennel.
- Fuji Instax 200 Wide 10,168 photos, 2,336 members
- Fujifilm Instax Room 42,839 photos, 8,765 members
- Be There 181 photos, 47 members
- Cactus & succulent 29,662 photos, 1,573 members
- pdx [portland] 184,303 photos, 5,613 members
- Art of Monochrome 89,600 photos, 2,214 members
- Portland Bridges 8,489 photos, 876 members
- Fish Out of Water. 33 photos, 8 members
- Sign of the Times (All Types of Signs) 88,464 photos, 3,016 members
- Alaska Highway 1,818 photos, 107 members
- Yukon 11,708 photos, 235 members
- Portland Art & Architecture 6,371 photos, 506 members
- lumen art 3,188 photos, 245 members
- Polaroid OneStep Shooters 6,059 photos, 1,061 members
- The Impossible Project Film Manipulation 1,241 photos, 757 members
- Blue - Bleu - Tout bleu - All blue 4,010 photos, 247 members
- Cyanotypes 5,283 photos, 1,276 members
- blueprint photography 895 photos, 276 members
- Pinhole 74,959 photos, 5,293 members
- Solargraphy 3,819 photos, 860 members
- Urban Fragments 2 (NO people) 13,249 photos, 981 members
- alternative photography process 31,403 photos, 2,148 members
- Contact Printing 6,372 photos, 665 members
- Polaroid Transfers 4,854 photos, 1,963 members
- polaroid transfer sharing 337 photos, 48 members
- Fujifilm Instax 14,379 photos, 1,877 members
- The Swoon Garden 50 photos, 6 members
- sun printing 3,415 photos, 244 members
- Disposable Camera Project 5,380 photos, 693 members
- Pteridomania 206 photos, 35 members
- Without a Lens 16,454 photos, 705 members
- #YourLandYourStory 148 photos, 33 members
- Lomo Junkies 111,364 photos, 4,287 members
- disposable cameras 1,408 photos, 284 members
- Single Use 162 photos, 37 members
- No Beauty Without Strangeness 1,462 photos, 74 members
- Worldwide Beers 10,241 photos, 136 members
- Impossible Project / Polaroid supporters!!!!!!!! 18,196 photos, 928 members
- $11 cigarettes 38,020 photos, 1,622 members
- Botanical Gardens. 8,283 photos, 254 members
- Through The Trees 270 photos, 41 members
- Slime Molds 4,242 photos, 418 members
- Fungi & Mushroom 4,640 photos, 190 members
- fungi 92,812 photos, 8,296 members
- Moody Landscapes 22,277 photos, 955 members
- Minolta SRT 18,576 photos, 1,591 members
- Residential typologies: world wide 4,145 photos, 114 members
- Fuji Superia 800 641 photos, 205 members
- just one word 3,040 photos, 191 members
- pavement 82,030 photos, 21,848 members
"I can honestly say it is the only stream that I visit that I never know what I am going to find that day... you always keep me on my toes!!!! A very interesting eye you have and I am so glad that you share it with the rest of us to see. I love photography for the fact that it makes us see the world rather than just look at it. Of course I was first drawn to your stream from the mutual love of dogs and you are so blessed to have such an amazing pack. I envy you when I see the photos of you running the dogs as that is something that I definitely want to at least do once before I die... I look forward to many more years of friendship!!!"
December 24th, 2012
pam's pics- says:
"I should have written this a long time ago. Dr Ozda has been one of my long time contacts. I look forward to his shots every single day. His images are always really offbeat and creative and so interesting. I appreciate that he shares his daily life with us through his wonderful images. I'm learning to know each and every one of his dogs and their personalities. Dr Ozad is just full of passion for photography and for his dogs and for his life.
I am blessed to count him as one of my long time contacts."
December 16th, 2011
Lori - Learning Junkie says:
"Robert's photography is offbeat, thought-provoking, sometimes deviant, occasionally edgy and always entertaining. His view of the world is refreshing and unique. The photos of his beloved dogs will melt your heart and keep you coming back for more. Robert is brilliant man with a heart of gold and a treasured friend. I am grateful we stumbled across each other on flickr."
October 21st, 2010
"Robert has the finest dog photos on Flickr. Many of his other photos are terrific, also. But, the canine variety is second to none. I don't know why anyone would move from Cleveland to Alaska, but I suppose it had to do with being able to have more room for dogs and to go mushing."
July 15th, 2009
"Sometimes the grin stays on my face long after visiting dr.Ozda's photos. The gift he shares with so many of us is priceless. His unique eye and talents are a breath of fresh air, especially through challenging times and uncertainties.
Most photo streams I view, I like this & that, some more so than others and the rest seem fairly nice but... every photo I've seen from dr.Ozda makes me sit up and take notice, often shaking my head at the originality and the moods they emote in me.
I wish I lived a little closer to his world but am content to be on the sidelines as an avid admirer."
February 14th, 2009
Lost in the Hills says:
"Robert is a rare breed, he has the innate ability to see amazing photographs where I would not even give a second glance. I constantly look at his work and revel at the skill and perception. I hope to l look at the world around me better and with a more focused eye, based on what I see in his photographs.
Robert is also a storyteller and a good one. His shots are almost always accompanied by a narrative that is both concise and complete. I fell like I have learned something reading his observations. He tells these stories with a gentle good humor.
Lastly, Robert and I grew up in the same neighborhood but never met until Flickr. He's a hoot and has a sharp sense of humor.
Look at his photostream and read his stories. Jack London would have approved."
November 3rd, 2008
Backroad Drifter says:
"Ozda is not only a great photographer, he's someone who actually takes time to visit and talk when a picture catch's his attention.He's down to earth and real.. Visiting the pictures he has faved shows he not only can take good pictures.He has a eye for interesting shots. He truly looks at peoples work..
What drew me to him though is where he is from...Alaska..Who wouldn't love that state? I want to see his world..
Ozda is one of my favorite contacts.."
June 13th, 2008
"Robert is a contact that just happened into my view. I'm not sure how, but I came across one of his dog photos somewhere, and was stunned by it's purity and composition. Don't be fooled... Robert has the knack. Go through his stream and visit Alaska and the things he sees. It's good stuff! As a bonus, he's a pretty nice guy too. :-)"
March 22nd, 2008
- dr. Ozda
- December 2007
- Originally Cleveland, Ohio
- Fairbanks, Alaska, North
- I am:
- Dogs; okay, pre-Occupation
- dr.Ozda on Fluidr