I discovered Flickr about a year ago, and during the past twelve months I have had a ball learning how to work my husband's hand-me-down digital camera, and taking photos of our dachshunds.
I was an administrator in the group, Comment on My Cuteness, and had a fantastic time meeting and greeting people there. It was a wonderful group.
Alas, that group recent disbanded, and just as recently, the true love of my life, Heidi, died tragically on February 5th, 2007 because of my photography. If I had not been taking photos of our dogs that day...... yada yad yada.
Thus, the 'game' has changed for me as far as Flickr goes. I can no longer be involved with a group again as I once was with CMC. I gave too much of my time and as a result, well, it is a sad passing to know that group no longer exists. Flickr gave it , what turned out to be, a soon fatal blow when the Explorer algorithm changed before the group finally ended its tenure on Flickr last month.
Taking photos of our two dogs now is painful as where there were 3, there are only 2, and the memories are too fresh. Thus, at the moment, my number one enjoyment with Flickr is photoshop.
I have made many many friends on Flickr through the last year, and I appreciate you, even if I might not comment as often as I used to on your photos.
She was not just a dog. (DOB 10/12/2000/died 2/5/2007)
July 18, 2007 - We added Honey to our doxie family. So I am no longer the only gal in the house.
First Grandchild born on 3/28/2011. (happy dance)
RIP Chili. Died 8/9/2012.
Photos of Doxieone (4)
- Montana Photography 35,892 photos, 1,727 members
- I AM NIKON :) 20,069 photos, 1,913 members
- Nikon 24-70 mm Nikkor lens - photos and opinions 116,502 photos, 6,607 members
- NIKON D750 CLUB 73,619 photos, 4,642 members
- Jack Russell Terrier 1,206 photos, 138 members
- * Impressed by your Beauty! ~ refounded ~ (p1~a1) [3/day] 5,865 photos, 189 members
- Alien Bees 69,925 photos, 7,292 members
- Dogs, I love you 69,672 photos, 5,937 members
- *Dog, the best friend 5,298 photos, 443 members
- SUPER CAPTURE DoF. 6,699 photos, 511 members
- Gattomania 166 photos, 69 members
- Mountains Anywhere 387,134 photos, 28,462 members
- Tufted Titmouse - The Bird 1,920 photos, 195 members
- King Cake 651 photos, 41 members
- Flowers all kinds 458,200 photos, 22,566 members
- Flower Flower Flower 568,009 photos, 45,227 members
- Dogs looking at the camera 17,114 photos, 1,765 members
- National Geographic | World Wide 614,393 photos, 21,952 members
- Rivers 105,121 photos, 8,224 members
- Savannah 17,846 photos, 1,497 members
- Georgia, U.S.A. 64,435 photos, 1,761 members
- Pelicans Only 3,965 photos, 763 members
- Pelicans all sorts 6,279 photos, 1,501 members
- National Geographic Group 473,208 photos, 18,881 members
- Florida, USA 168,887 photos, 7,024 members
- Wild Florida 51,700 photos, 1,536 members
- Nature of the World Unlimited (9000+ Invite your friends!) 438,907 photos, 10,266 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear And Me #7 - Diamond Elite Selection (Only Invite 37,276 photos, 2,609 members
- THE LOOK level 1 RED 539,667 photos, 15,533 members
- Miniature Horses 1,223 photos, 273 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear And Me #6 - Platinum Exclusive Selection (P1A5 I 47,483 photos, 3,162 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #5 - Gold Selection (P1A5 Only Invited) 64,001 photos, 4,427 members
- All Wildlife Photography 113,512 photos, 1,510 members
- Yellows 51,934 photos, 3,552 members
- Warblers Only 3,947 photos, 263 members
- 40 000 views 484 photos, 338 members
- Favorites: 250 3,258 photos, 959 members
- Favorites: 300 3,722 photos, 818 members
- Favorites: 100 29,872 photos, 4,221 members
- 'Views: 15,000 - 20,000 1,054 photos, 479 members
- 20,000 Photostream Views 9,779 photos, 607 members
- 30 000 VIEWS 962 photos, 424 members
- En armonía con la Naturaleza 269,513 photos, 5,553 members
- AWESOME BIRDS ! (Award 2 Please) 60,677 photos, 3,221 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,596,690 photos, 98,033 members
- The world through photography 484,988 photos, 18,357 members
- flickr in full color 721,708 photos, 14,799 members
- .Southern Photographers - Southern Images 159,753 photos, 2,428 members
- S Johnson's Fauna High Quality Images! Add 1/Award 2 102,615 photos, 6,743 members
- "Bird Brained" 242,045 photos, 5,119 members
"Liz is a great photographer and a wonderful dog person. I'm an editor at Peoplepets.com and always love to use her happy pictures of her dogs. Liz usually already has fabulous, funny pictures for any occasion. And she'll add some when we have special contests. Liz takes amazing pictures. I was surprised she isn't a professional."
June 19th, 2009
FireMane of SC says:
"Liz is a sincere and very kind person. She is someone that is truly a sweet soul. This shows in her all of her photographs.
It is easy to see her love and caring for her pet companions. She is so much like me and others I know that do not look upon our furry friends as just animals. She knows they have souls, they have emotions, feelings, thought processes....they love unconditionally. Any person that knows and understands this about their beloved pets is a truly compassionate and intelligent person. Liz is exactly that. And, her photographs, photoshops and creations with her wonderful doxies are delightful. I have for a long time been an admirer of her photos and dogs.
Liz, Keep doing things just the way you do them....you couldn't do much more beautifully than you already are. You are truly a talented person who is full of imagination and creativity. I hope you will be a friend of mine for some time to come. I will count myself a lucky person.
Warmest of wishes to you and yours always,
P.S. ~ You rock!"
January 31st, 2008
"Any body that has taken the time to correspond with Liz through Flickr will understand why I'm so impressed by her.
Doxieone was my very first contact and I was drawn to her by her obvious love of her hounds and her story about Heidi in her profile touched me having just experienced a tragedy with a litter of pups.
We exchanged a couple of emails and for me a bond was formed.
Our relationship on Flickr has since grown to a point where I consider Liz to be a true friend .
I know it may sound strange to some people , but I for one never expected to find some one on Flickr of Liz's exceptional qualities and develop a truly genuine friendship just like old fashioned pen pals but I did !
Any one touched by this lovely lady will agree that it is an honour and a privilege to be counted as one of her Flickr friends
so go ahead and enjoy her great work and sense of humour and play nice with the other kids .
Thanks Liz regards Dave"
January 21st, 2008
"Liz (Doxieone), one of the very first friends I made on Flickr. She lent a hand in my newbie Flickr traumas, that many of the newbie Flickr members experience. A kind heart, a woman that keeps busy with her many administrative labors, and all those amazing family doxie shots. A big heart for all the wonderful animals out there across Flickr and beyond. Viewing her cute photostream of 3 dachshunds is always a delight, if you want a smile for the day, stop by her stream, you will never be disappointed. ~_^ It was a delight to have her on the Care Giving team at the birth of the Impressed by your Beauty group, she was a great team member, and has a great eye for fairness! She will always be welcome to work on a team with me, thank you Liz! ^_^"
January 8th, 2007
"Liz has lent her hand, via flicker to help me, when I was new to flicker. I feel that she would help a poor sole on the street corner, if they needed help. What a warm and giving person.
October 26th, 2006
"Liz is a lovely and smart person with a great sense of humour. I just love her photos and she makes me start the day with a smile on my face.
Moreover she has the three cutest dogs on Flickr, I truly love them all.
Thanks Liz for being one good thing in my day, even when it rains and people in the office drive me crazy! :-)"
October 24th, 2006
"Doxieone and I have become acquainted through the pictures of our dogs but have come to share a bit of our lives through flickr. I have watched as her natural interest in photography has grown and expanded-- and as her cutie-pie doxies have become accomplished and patient models.
I look forward every day to the new pictures she posts and, I must admit, I check her flickr page before I check my own! I hope that some day we will be able to meet in person (and, of course, figure out the new algorithm for explore!)."
August 2nd, 2006
"Liz has some of the cutest pups around to hit the flickr photosteams. Full of character and charm."
July 31st, 2006
""I have just become a contact and friend of Liz, after she informed me of "Explore" and I also enjoyed gazing at her wonderful dog, Heidi. That superb girl (Heidi) knows just how to pose and Liz has the talent to capture the best moments.""
July 10th, 2006
"Liz has shared so much of herself thru her wonderful photos, but beyond that she is always willing to share much of her time and knowledge about Flickr to others.
She not only informed me my pic was on Explore, she guided me and helped me to find them easier and later posted my pics on her discussion group until I later was able to do it myself.
She has made her group a very warm and creative place to share with others."
April 20th, 2006
Gosia Margosia says:
"I've met Liz here on Flickr
but I'd love to met her in real life
she is so full of joy and happiness
I love her photos - funny and bright
full of lovely faces and places
I would love to see
Thanks for sharing"
April 9th, 2006
- May 2005
- I am:
- Female and Taken