Click here to see my most interesting photos on a black background. Cheers.
Hi there, thanks for visiting
I live in Dunedin, New Zealand. It's a wonderful place. I hope you will spend some time here and take in the sights of my country.
I have a passion for photography so all the photos on this website were taken by me using various digital cameras. Most of them feature places near my home.
The general theme is to publish photos of New Zealand.
New Zealand is a beautiful country. And so far away from all the madness in this world. A safe haven. Hopefully my photos of New Zealand will convey this message.
I guess I just wanted people to realise life doesn't have to be a constant struggle. There is a better way.
I hope you will enjoy these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.
As for equipment I'm currently using A Sony F828, Sony H1, Konica Minolta Dynax 7D, Sony A700 and a secondhand Nikon D70. My latest camera is a Fuji X10 compact. You will find photos using all of the above cameras in the photostream. I also own some old Minolta film cameras x700, 600si and 800si but there aren't any photos from these cameras on the web just yet.
By the way I am a late convert to SLR style cameras but this hasn't prevented making great photos with any given camera. In my opinion they are all good tools in the right hands.
Post processing is handled by either Aperture, Picasa and/or picnik. I did use Autostitch for panoramas but haven't found a suitable system since shifting from Windows to OSX. At the moment I shoot only JPEGs but this will probably change as I explore the capabilities of the D70 , 7D and A700.
Its kind of ironic in this digital age but I do find black and white can still create a powerful image. To prove the point I sometimes like to show the colour and B&W version of the same photo side by side.
I enjoy receiving comments and feedback so feel free to leave a byline or contact me via email.
Finally I would like to say that there are many wonderful and talented photographers represented here on flickr.
Believe me when I say I am constantly amazed and in awe of the variety and power of your vision. I take great delight in your work and use it as food to further inspire me.
Copyright notice: All photography is
copyright © Stephen Murphy (aka _setev)
Photos in Explore
1. Time To Let Go, 2. Summertime in the South, 3. The Hinterland Awaits Our Gaze, 4. Strath Taieri Hills, 5. Blue Beach, 6. Rainbow Beach, 7. Days End, 8. Beautiful Sunset Over The Water
create your own visited countries map
- DEDPXL ASSIGNMENTS GROUP 7,373 photos, 4,563 members
- Project Weather 596,505 photos, 87,266 members
- Fujifilm X-mount cameras 193,062 photos, 6,221 members
- On Board a Ship 5,442 photos, 345 members
- QueenstownNZ.co.nz 1,274 photos, 117 members
- iPad Photo Editing Apps 1,320 photos, 39 members
- Nik Snapseed 8,036 photos, 124 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 76,675 photos, 3,169 members
- Paintball 10,249 photos, 1,058 members
- Fujifilm X Series 178,586 photos, 3,432 members
- Fuji X10, X20 and X30 92,751 photos, 6,266 members
- Fujifilm X10 75,909 photos, 3,723 members
- Sony Camera Club 323,343 photos, 17,802 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 801,364 photos, 28,305 members
- Minolta Dynax 800si / MAXXUM 800si / Alpha 807si 197 photos, 26 members
- Film Camera Review 4,279 photos, 366 members
- Aperture Users 390,884 photos, 11,990 members
- The Good Sepia Group 5,876 photos, 372 members
- Sepia 106,032 photos, 13,441 members
- New Zealand on Flickr 81,380 photos, 1,609 members
- Photo & Video Merivale 4,106 photos, 167 members
- The Best Of Ships And Boats 60,887 photos, 1,812 members
- Royal New Zealand Navy 664 photos, 65 members
- *r* SHIPPING HAMBURG & WORLDWIDE ***** 18,254 photos, 354 members
- stadiony.net 1,641 photos, 51 members
- New Zealand Geographic 76,583 photos, 3,375 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 415,831 photos, 105,996 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,448,568 photos, 26,890 members
- Helping Hands- Photo Editing and Photography Help Group 2,573 photos, 2,772 members
- Kiwi Strobist 636 photos, 87 members
- Marc Silber Photography 592 photos, 86 members
- Mercedes-Benz Best Pictures 11,846 photos, 653 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 30,331 photos, 1,026 members
- Great German Cars of the 90s 5,150 photos, 437 members
- Mercedes S-Class 2,210 photos, 112 members
- Mercedes Benz 34,700 photos, 4,299 members
- Car Photography 210,280 photos, 2,399 members
- All about Cars 333,346 photos, 2,890 members
- AUTOS (CARS) 558,482 photos, 7,005 members
- European Cars 249,453 photos, 2,377 members
- ₪ TRANSPORTS ≒ of ✈ all 〰 SORTS ₪ 81,424 photos, 1,414 members
- ₪ BOATS + SHIPS 〰♒〰 PhotoGallery 101,098 photos, 1,875 members
- Cruise Ships 70,084 photos, 3,431 members
- Worldwide Ship Spotters (WSS) 115,962 photos, 2,219 members
- Naval ships, navy ships and warships 29,264 photos, 1,931 members
- Picnikers - closed 127,917 photos, 9,807 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 62,815 photos, 10,307 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,077,893 photos, 57,192 members
- New Zealand Flavour 21,803 photos, 559 members
- **FlickrsBest** 127,378 photos, 15,561 members
Peter Sundstrom says:
"Steve is on of my favorite NZ photographers on Flickr. I was particularly drawn to his moody images of the beaches around Dunedin, where he manages to capture a real sense of wild and beautiful nature of the coastline around there."
May 10th, 2007
"great guy, great photos, great photographer. they all mix. his pictures are phenomenal. I just hope that everyone likes them like i do.
October 23rd, 2006
- Stephen Murphy
- January 2006
- Dunedin, New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Data Warehouse and Application Developer
- A Downunder Photo Journal