Click here to see my most interesting photos on a black background. Cheers.
Hi there, thanks for visiting
I live in Dunedin, New Zealand. It's a wonderful place. I hope you will spend some time here and take in the sights of my country.
I have a passion for photography so all the photos on this website were taken by me using various digital cameras. Most of them feature places near my home.
The general theme is to publish photos of New Zealand.
New Zealand is a beautiful country. And so far away from all the madness in this world. A safe haven. Hopefully my photos of New Zealand will convey this message.
I guess I just wanted people to realise life doesn't have to be a constant struggle. There is a better way.
I hope you will enjoy these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.
As for equipment I'm currently using A Sony F828, Sony H1, Konica Minolta Dynax 7D, Sony A700 and a secondhand Nikon D70. My latest camera is a Fuji X10 compact. You will find photos using all of the above cameras in the photostream. I also own some old Minolta film cameras x700, 600si and 800si but there aren't any photos from these cameras on the web just yet.
By the way I am a late convert to SLR style cameras but this hasn't prevented making great photos with any given camera. In my opinion they are all good tools in the right hands.
Post processing is handled by either Aperture, Picasa and/or picnik. I did use Autostitch for panoramas but haven't found a suitable system since shifting from Windows to OSX. At the moment I shoot only JPEGs but this will probably change as I explore the capabilities of the D70 , 7D and A700.
Its kind of ironic in this digital age but I do find black and white can still create a powerful image. To prove the point I sometimes like to show the colour and B&W version of the same photo side by side.
I enjoy receiving comments and feedback so feel free to leave a byline or contact me via email.
Finally I would like to say that there are many wonderful and talented photographers represented here on flickr.
Believe me when I say I am constantly amazed and in awe of the variety and power of your vision. I take great delight in your work and use it as food to further inspire me.
Copyright notice: All photography is
copyright © Stephen Murphy (aka _setev)
Photos in Explore
1. Time To Let Go, 2. Summertime in the South, 3. The Hinterland Awaits Our Gaze, 4. Strath Taieri Hills, 5. Blue Beach, 6. Rainbow Beach, 7. Days End, 8. Beautiful Sunset Over The Water
create your own visited countries map
- DEDPXL ASSIGNMENTS GROUP 8,611 photos, 4,570 members
- Project Weather 641,697 photos, 94,038 members
- Fujifilm X-mount cameras 332,836 photos, 9,247 members
- On Board a Ship 7,921 photos, 467 members
- QueenstownNZ.co.nz 1,266 photos, 114 members
- iPad Photo Editing Apps 1,370 photos, 39 members
- Nik Snapseed 11,623 photos, 143 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 98,002 photos, 3,401 members
- Paintball 10,510 photos, 1,082 members
- Fujifilm X Series 289,274 photos, 4,675 members
- Fuji X10, X20 and X30 112,034 photos, 6,890 members
- Fujifilm X10 81,192 photos, 3,864 members
- Sony Camera Club 442,354 photos, 19,505 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 788,381 photos, 28,116 members
- Minolta Dynax 800si / MAXXUM 800si / Alpha 807si 279 photos, 31 members
- Film Camera Review 6,529 photos, 417 members
- Aperture Users 428,063 photos, 12,070 members
- The Good Sepia Group 6,130 photos, 386 members
- Sepia 108,527 photos, 13,706 members
- New Zealand on Flickr 104,340 photos, 1,948 members
- Photo & Video Merivale 5,601 photos, 186 members
- The Best Of Ships And Boats 78,881 photos, 2,146 members
- Royal New Zealand Navy 726 photos, 74 members
- *r* SHIPPING HAMBURG & WORLDWIDE ***** 18,129 photos, 360 members
- stadiony.net 1,955 photos, 58 members
- New Zealand Geographic 92,637 photos, 3,750 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 409,140 photos, 105,549 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,659,236 photos, 28,223 members
- Helping Hands- Photo Editing and Photography Help Group 2,669 photos, 2,791 members
- Kiwi Strobist 649 photos, 89 members
- Marc Silber Photography 592 photos, 86 members
- Mercedes-Benz Best Pictures 13,576 photos, 734 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 31,516 photos, 1,037 members
- Great German Cars of the 90s 5,456 photos, 484 members
- Mercedes S-Class 2,390 photos, 132 members
- Mercedes Benz 39,784 photos, 4,568 members
- Car Photography 273,698 photos, 2,899 members
- All about Cars 442,281 photos, 3,249 members
- AUTOS (CARS) 697,651 photos, 7,777 members
- European Cars 309,369 photos, 2,589 members
- ₪ TRANSPORTS ≒ of ✈ all 〰 SORTS ₪ 98,782 photos, 1,470 members
- ₪ BOATS + SHIPS 〰♒〰 PhotoGallery 116,453 photos, 2,271 members
- Cruise Ships 77,414 photos, 3,648 members
- Worldwide Ship Spotters (WSS) 130,775 photos, 2,405 members
- Naval ships, navy ships and warships 32,391 photos, 2,196 members
- Picnikers - closed 124,242 photos, 9,696 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 63,689 photos, 10,323 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,260,572 photos, 59,860 members
- New Zealand Flavour 26,073 photos, 593 members
- **FlickrsBest** 186,573 photos, 16,502 members
Peter Sundstrom says:
"Steve is on of my favorite NZ photographers on Flickr. I was particularly drawn to his moody images of the beaches around Dunedin, where he manages to capture a real sense of wild and beautiful nature of the coastline around there."
May 10th, 2007
"great guy, great photos, great photographer. they all mix. his pictures are phenomenal. I just hope that everyone likes them like i do.
October 23rd, 2006
- Stephen Murphy
- January 2006
- Dunedin, New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Data Warehouse and Application Developer
- A Downunder Photo Journal