Click here to see my most interesting photos on a black background. Cheers.
Hi there, thanks for visiting
I live in Dunedin, New Zealand. It's a wonderful place. I hope you will spend some time here and take in the sights of my country.
I have a passion for photography so all the photos on this website were taken by me using various digital cameras. Most of them feature places near my home.
The general theme is to publish photos of New Zealand.
New Zealand is a beautiful country. And so far away from all the madness in this world. A safe haven. Hopefully my photos of New Zealand will convey this message.
I guess I just wanted people to realise life doesn't have to be a constant struggle. There is a better way.
I hope you will enjoy these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.
As for equipment I'm currently using A Sony F828, Sony H1, Konica Minolta Dynax 7D, Sony A700 and a secondhand Nikon D70. My latest camera is a Fuji X10 compact. You will find photos using all of the above cameras in the photostream. I also own some old Minolta film cameras x700, 600si and 800si but there aren't any photos from these cameras on the web just yet.
By the way I am a late convert to SLR style cameras but this hasn't prevented making great photos with any given camera. In my opinion they are all good tools in the right hands.
Post processing is handled by either Aperture, Picasa and/or picnik. I did use Autostitch for panoramas but haven't found a suitable system since shifting from Windows to OSX. At the moment I shoot only JPEGs but this will probably change as I explore the capabilities of the D70 , 7D and A700.
Its kind of ironic in this digital age but I do find black and white can still create a powerful image. To prove the point I sometimes like to show the colour and B&W version of the same photo side by side.
I enjoy receiving comments and feedback so feel free to leave a byline or contact me via email.
Finally I would like to say that there are many wonderful and talented photographers represented here on flickr.
Believe me when I say I am constantly amazed and in awe of the variety and power of your vision. I take great delight in your work and use it as food to further inspire me.
Copyright notice: All photography is
copyright © Stephen Murphy (aka _setev)
Photos in Explore
1. Time To Let Go, 2. Summertime in the South, 3. The Hinterland Awaits Our Gaze, 4. Strath Taieri Hills, 5. Blue Beach, 6. Rainbow Beach, 7. Days End, 8. Beautiful Sunset Over The Water
create your own visited countries map
- DEDPXL ASSIGNMENTS GROUP 8,412 photos, 4,602 members
- Project Weather 645,111 photos, 93,677 members
- Fujifilm X-mount cameras 293,563 photos, 8,415 members
- On Board a Ship 6,995 photos, 444 members
- QueenstownNZ.co.nz 1,268 photos, 115 members
- iPad Photo Editing Apps 1,354 photos, 41 members
- Nik Snapseed 10,752 photos, 137 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 92,013 photos, 3,333 members
- Paintball 10,532 photos, 1,082 members
- Fujifilm X Series 257,696 photos, 4,361 members
- Fuji X10, X20 and X30 107,073 photos, 6,820 members
- Fujifilm X10 80,282 photos, 3,822 members
- Sony Camera Club 414,943 photos, 19,250 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 791,128 photos, 28,181 members
- Minolta Dynax 800si / MAXXUM 800si / Alpha 807si 255 photos, 30 members
- Film Camera Review 5,897 photos, 406 members
- Aperture Users 420,823 photos, 12,103 members
- The Good Sepia Group 6,054 photos, 384 members
- Sepia 108,070 photos, 13,645 members
- New Zealand on Flickr 99,031 photos, 1,879 members
- Photo & Video Merivale 4,902 photos, 184 members
- The Best Of Ships And Boats 73,647 photos, 2,045 members
- Royal New Zealand Navy 693 photos, 72 members
- *r* SHIPPING HAMBURG & WORLDWIDE ***** 18,302 photos, 359 members
- stadiony.net 1,891 photos, 56 members
- New Zealand Geographic 88,682 photos, 3,690 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 410,893 photos, 105,726 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,605,634 photos, 27,919 members
- Helping Hands- Photo Editing and Photography Help Group 2,632 photos, 2,784 members
- Kiwi Strobist 643 photos, 89 members
- Marc Silber Photography 592 photos, 86 members
- Mercedes-Benz Best Pictures 13,338 photos, 712 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 31,076 photos, 1,036 members
- Great German Cars of the 90s 5,350 photos, 470 members
- Mercedes S-Class 2,366 photos, 127 members
- Mercedes Benz 38,456 photos, 4,497 members
- Car Photography 258,603 photos, 2,785 members
- All about Cars 410,211 photos, 3,168 members
- AUTOS (CARS) 661,221 photos, 7,576 members
- European Cars 294,571 photos, 2,556 members
- ₪ TRANSPORTS ≒ of ✈ all 〰 SORTS ₪ 93,934 photos, 1,455 members
- ₪ BOATS + SHIPS 〰♒〰 PhotoGallery 112,199 photos, 2,162 members
- Cruise Ships 75,584 photos, 3,603 members
- Worldwide Ship Spotters (WSS) 124,104 photos, 2,338 members
- Naval ships, navy ships and warships 31,328 photos, 2,138 members
- Picnikers - closed 125,038 photos, 9,719 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 63,756 photos, 10,318 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,210,007 photos, 59,293 members
- New Zealand Flavour 24,990 photos, 587 members
- **FlickrsBest** 169,159 photos, 16,275 members
Peter Sundstrom says:
"Steve is on of my favorite NZ photographers on Flickr. I was particularly drawn to his moody images of the beaches around Dunedin, where he manages to capture a real sense of wild and beautiful nature of the coastline around there."
May 10th, 2007
"great guy, great photos, great photographer. they all mix. his pictures are phenomenal. I just hope that everyone likes them like i do.
October 23rd, 2006
- Stephen Murphy
- January 2006
- Dunedin, New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Data Warehouse and Application Developer
- A Downunder Photo Journal