Click here to see my most interesting photos on a black background. Cheers.
Hi there, thanks for visiting
I live in Dunedin, New Zealand. It's a wonderful place. I hope you will spend some time here and take in the sights of my country.
I have a passion for photography so all the photos on this website were taken by me using various digital cameras. Most of them feature places near my home.
The general theme is to publish photos of New Zealand.
New Zealand is a beautiful country. And so far away from all the madness in this world. A safe haven. Hopefully my photos of New Zealand will convey this message.
I guess I just wanted people to realise life doesn't have to be a constant struggle. There is a better way.
I hope you will enjoy these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.
As for equipment I'm currently using A Sony F828, Sony H1, Konica Minolta Dynax 7D, Sony A700 and a secondhand Nikon D70. My latest camera is a Fuji X10 compact. You will find photos using all of the above cameras in the photostream. I also own some old Minolta film cameras x700, 600si and 800si but there aren't any photos from these cameras on the web just yet.
By the way I am a late convert to SLR style cameras but this hasn't prevented making great photos with any given camera. In my opinion they are all good tools in the right hands.
Post processing is handled by either Aperture, Picasa and/or picnik. I did use Autostitch for panoramas but haven't found a suitable system since shifting from Windows to OSX. At the moment I shoot only JPEGs but this will probably change as I explore the capabilities of the D70 , 7D and A700.
Its kind of ironic in this digital age but I do find black and white can still create a powerful image. To prove the point I sometimes like to show the colour and B&W version of the same photo side by side.
I enjoy receiving comments and feedback so feel free to leave a byline or contact me via email.
Finally I would like to say that there are many wonderful and talented photographers represented here on flickr.
Believe me when I say I am constantly amazed and in awe of the variety and power of your vision. I take great delight in your work and use it as food to further inspire me.
Copyright notice: All photography is
copyright © Stephen Murphy (aka _setev)
Photos in Explore
1. Time To Let Go, 2. Summertime in the South, 3. The Hinterland Awaits Our Gaze, 4. Strath Taieri Hills, 5. Blue Beach, 6. Rainbow Beach, 7. Days End, 8. Beautiful Sunset Over The Water
create your own visited countries map
- Project Weather 158,303 photos, 38,430 members
- Fujifilm X-mount cameras 73,732 photos, 3,078 members
- On board a ship 3,062 photos, 225 members
- QueenstownNZ.co.nz 1,284 photos, 121 members
- iPad Photo Editing Apps 1,293 photos, 36 members
- Nik Snapseed 4,140 photos, 100 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 53,686 photos, 2,749 members
- Paintball 10,154 photos, 1,039 members
- Fujifilm X Series 80,434 photos, 1,780 members
- Fuji X10 & X20 64,329 photos, 5,033 members
- Fujifilm X10 61,666 photos, 3,393 members
- Sony Camera Club 190,136 photos, 13,072 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 826,120 photos, 28,401 members
- Minolta Dynax 800si / MAXXUM 800si / Alpha 807si 135 photos, 23 members
- Film Camera Review 2,173 photos, 276 members
- Aperture Users 321,422 photos, 11,592 members
- The Good Sepia Group 5,198 photos, 346 members
- Sepia 102,351 photos, 13,274 members
- New Zealand on Flickr 55,028 photos, 1,127 members
- Photo & Video Merivale 2,671 photos, 141 members
- The Best Of Ships And Boats 43,194 photos, 1,458 members
- Royal New Zealand Navy 617 photos, 47 members
- *r* SHIPPING HAMBURG & WORLDWIDE ***** 18,611 photos, 333 members
- stadiony.net 1,306 photos, 45 members
- New Zealand Geographic 54,764 photos, 2,647 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 427,642 photos, 103,463 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,205,704 photos, 24,366 members
- Helping Hands- Photo Editing and Photography Help Group 2,421 photos, 2,763 members
- Kiwi Strobist 722 photos, 83 members
- Marc Silber Photography 591 photos, 88 members
- Mercedes-Benz Best Pictures 9,901 photos, 596 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 29,224 photos, 1,012 members
- Great German Cars of the 90s 4,564 photos, 397 members
- Mercedes S-Class 1,906 photos, 94 members
- Mercedes Benz 29,874 photos, 3,835 members
- Car Photography 130,974 photos, 1,800 members
- All about Cars 230,193 photos, 2,403 members
- AUTOS (CARS) 411,308 photos, 5,899 members
- European Cars 188,807 photos, 2,033 members
- ₪ TRANSPORTS ≒ of ✈ all 〰 SORTS ₪ 68,854 photos, 1,263 members
- ◄ SHIPS & BOATS ►☼◄ PHOTO GALLERY ► 90,984 photos, 1,562 members
- Cruise Ships 59,933 photos, 3,177 members
- Worldwide Ship Spotters (WSS) 94,343 photos, 1,953 members
- Naval ships, navy ships and warships 25,203 photos, 1,577 members
- Picnikers - closed 130,545 photos, 10,060 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 62,495 photos, 10,311 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 909,707 photos, 53,349 members
- New Zealand Flavour 16,802 photos, 523 members
- FlickrsBest the original 98,201 photos, 14,789 members
- Strobist.com 588,235 photos, 117,587 members
Peter Sundstrom says:
"Steve is on of my favorite NZ photographers on Flickr. I was particularly drawn to his moody images of the beaches around Dunedin, where he manages to capture a real sense of wild and beautiful nature of the coastline around there."
10th May, 2007
"great guy, great photos, great photographer. they all mix. his pictures are phenomenal. I just hope that everyone likes them like i do.
23rd October, 2006
- Stephen Murphy
- January 2006
- Dunedin, New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Data Warehouse and Application Developer
- A Downunder Photo Journal