Click here to see my most interesting photos on a black background. Cheers.
Hi there, thanks for visiting
I live in Dunedin, New Zealand. It's a wonderful place. I hope you will spend some time here and take in the sights of my country.
I have a passion for photography so all the photos on this website were taken by me using various digital cameras. Most of them feature places near my home.
The general theme is to publish photos of New Zealand.
New Zealand is a beautiful country. And so far away from all the madness in this world. A safe haven. Hopefully my photos of New Zealand will convey this message.
I guess I just wanted people to realise life doesn't have to be a constant struggle. There is a better way.
I hope you will enjoy these photos as much as I enjoyed taking them.
As for equipment I'm currently using A Sony F828, Sony H1, Konica Minolta Dynax 7D, Sony A700 and a secondhand Nikon D70. My latest camera is a Fuji X10 compact. You will find photos using all of the above cameras in the photostream. I also own some old Minolta film cameras x700, 600si and 800si but there aren't any photos from these cameras on the web just yet.
By the way I am a late convert to SLR style cameras but this hasn't prevented making great photos with any given camera. In my opinion they are all good tools in the right hands.
Post processing is handled by either Aperture, Picasa and/or picnik. I did use Autostitch for panoramas but haven't found a suitable system since shifting from Windows to OSX. At the moment I shoot only JPEGs but this will probably change as I explore the capabilities of the D70 , 7D and A700.
Its kind of ironic in this digital age but I do find black and white can still create a powerful image. To prove the point I sometimes like to show the colour and B&W version of the same photo side by side.
I enjoy receiving comments and feedback so feel free to leave a byline or contact me via email.
Finally I would like to say that there are many wonderful and talented photographers represented here on flickr.
Believe me when I say I am constantly amazed and in awe of the variety and power of your vision. I take great delight in your work and use it as food to further inspire me.
Copyright notice: All photography is
copyright © Stephen Murphy (aka _setev)
Photos in Explore
1. Time To Let Go, 2. Summertime in the South, 3. The Hinterland Awaits Our Gaze, 4. Strath Taieri Hills, 5. Blue Beach, 6. Rainbow Beach, 7. Days End, 8. Beautiful Sunset Over The Water
create your own visited countries map
- DEDPXL ASSIGNMENTS GROUP 7,279 photos, 4,452 members
- Project Weather 446,254 photos, 76,015 members
- Fujifilm X-mount cameras 151,256 photos, 5,281 members
- On Board a Ship 4,843 photos, 317 members
- QueenstownNZ.co.nz 1,279 photos, 119 members
- iPad Photo Editing Apps 1,309 photos, 37 members
- Nik Snapseed 6,740 photos, 116 members
- Snapseed Photo Share 69,740 photos, 3,048 members
- Paintball 10,204 photos, 1,050 members
- Fujifilm X Series 143,619 photos, 2,882 members
- Fuji X10, X20 and X30 84,540 photos, 5,933 members
- Fujifilm X10 73,148 photos, 3,665 members
- Sony Camera Club 279,649 photos, 16,559 members
- FILM CAMERAS ONLY! 809,567 photos, 28,391 members
- Minolta Dynax 800si / MAXXUM 800si / Alpha 807si 153 photos, 24 members
- Film Camera Review 3,467 photos, 342 members
- Aperture Users 375,070 photos, 11,971 members
- The Good Sepia Group 5,757 photos, 368 members
- Sepia 105,003 photos, 13,364 members
- New Zealand on Flickr 72,778 photos, 1,478 members
- Photo & Video Merivale 3,841 photos, 163 members
- The Best Of Ships And Boats 55,496 photos, 1,705 members
- Royal New Zealand Navy 662 photos, 59 members
- *r* SHIPPING HAMBURG & WORLDWIDE ***** 18,267 photos, 349 members
- stadiony.net 1,469 photos, 50 members
- New Zealand Geographic 69,863 photos, 3,166 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 418,840 photos, 106,129 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,372,125 photos, 26,193 members
- Helping Hands- Photo Editing and Photography Help Group 2,506 photos, 2,763 members
- Kiwi Strobist 631 photos, 84 members
- Marc Silber Photography 592 photos, 86 members
- Mercedes-Benz Best Pictures 11,256 photos, 630 members
- n z . f l i c k r . m e e t u p s . [ n z f m ] 29,921 photos, 1,024 members
- Great German Cars of the 90s 4,959 photos, 428 members
- Mercedes S-Class 2,053 photos, 108 members
- Mercedes Benz 32,984 photos, 4,179 members
- Car Photography 174,758 photos, 2,163 members
- All about Cars 292,332 photos, 2,699 members
- AUTOS (CARS) 506,465 photos, 6,625 members
- European Cars 224,288 photos, 2,258 members
- ₪ TRANSPORTS ≒ of ✈ all 〰 SORTS ₪ 76,402 photos, 1,391 members
- ₪ BOATS + SHIPS 〰♒〰 PhotoGallery 96,679 photos, 1,718 members
- Cruise Ships 66,467 photos, 3,326 members
- Worldwide Ship Spotters (WSS) 110,909 photos, 2,134 members
- Naval ships, navy ships and warships 28,020 photos, 1,816 members
- Picnikers - closed 128,618 photos, 9,883 members
- **Over the Excellence** (Adm.INVITE only - com1) 62,994 photos, 10,290 members
- *THE PERFECT PHOTOGRAPHER (P1/A2) 1,023,924 photos, 56,046 members
- New Zealand Flavour 20,113 photos, 543 members
- **FlickrsBest** 118,047 photos, 15,242 members
Peter Sundstrom says:
"Steve is on of my favorite NZ photographers on Flickr. I was particularly drawn to his moody images of the beaches around Dunedin, where he manages to capture a real sense of wild and beautiful nature of the coastline around there."
May 10th, 2007
"great guy, great photos, great photographer. they all mix. his pictures are phenomenal. I just hope that everyone likes them like i do.
October 23rd, 2006
- Stephen Murphy
- January 2006
- Dunedin, New Zealand
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Data Warehouse and Application Developer
- A Downunder Photo Journal