How to uncloud your vision? Look through the lens
I like the poetic side of photography and record try the simple events of my life hopefully with some aesthetic sense.
I admire the simplicity of mechanical cameras as much as I enjoy using them. I hate automation in anything. So some camera porn might show up in my stream occasionally. I hope you will enjoy them as much as I do.
Don't add me if you have no pictures. I will block you.
Say hi ;)
Photos of DoveVadar (6)
- Fujinon Lenses 876 photos, 39 members
- Special Jubilee Book Project: Call for Self-Portraits with Leica 248 photos, 595 members
- Flickr 11|11|11 2,149 photos, 3,299 members
- Flickr B&W 308,684 photos, 7,647 members
- Singapore Analog Portrait 46 photos, 4 members
- Rangefinders in the Little Red Dot (Singapore) - RFSG 4,251 photos, 278 members
- Leica Spirits. 35,721 photos, 541 members
- FASHION FOR ALL 8,406 photos, 1,287 members
- Noctilux F1.0 Photographs 24,073 photos, 2,030 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 618,013 photos, 47,865 members
- Life through a rangefinder 5,791 photos, 95 members
- -The Cafe- 660,942 photos, 23,737 members
- Pepper Image 2,506 photos, 125 members
- EXPLORE TURKEY ( Lütfen AÇIKLAMA'yı okuyunuz...!!! ) 28,464 photos, 2,463 members
- Film Forward! 68,498 photos, 1,826 members
- Fotografia analogica - Italia 149,016 photos, 7,327 members
- Utata 417,192 photos, 24,174 members
- PAESAGGIO D'ARTE IN BW e SEPPIA (post 1 - Comment 1) 3,475 photos, 813 members
- B&W film / developer combinations 75,744 photos, 4,405 members
- Black & white - Poetic streetshots 69,839 photos, 1,819 members
- The Hundred Club of Flickr 316,429 photos, 31,260 members
- Portraiture 693,260 photos, 27,220 members
- This is why I love Film 137,695 photos, 5,107 members
- The Unofficial JPG Magazine Group 254,601 photos, 21,040 members
- 50mm (The original 50mm group) 992,592 photos, 49,510 members
- Landscape 827,706 photos, 78,221 members
- * Natures Beauties ~ [ONLY 100% NATURE] NO PEOPLE ~ NO BUILDINGS 495,372 photos, 23,065 members
- Stalker 4,850 photos, 806 members
- Contax 645 User Group 10,200 photos, 1,246 members
- Every day is Happy Bokeh Day ! 184,849 photos, 13,323 members
- 24/7 Bokeh Life "We have four winners!!!" 65,542 photos, 4,441 members
- M-Hexanon 50mm Limited 345 photos, 64 members
- 6x6 -B&W- *120Film ONLY* NOT toycamera, pinhole & polaroid 95,234 photos, 5,574 members
- L'arte quadrata [ square artists ] 11,735 photos, 739 members
- Nature 1,515,618 photos, 52,252 members
- TRAVELPIX 145,493 photos, 3,402 members
- visit the world - the travel guide 2,051,931 photos, 53,884 members
- Travel Photography 2,255,338 photos, 86,756 members
- Flickr's Warm Lighting (Post 1- Comment on 2) 36,670 photos, 3,482 members
- Canon 50mm f/0.95 "Dream Lens" 2,947 photos, 1,281 members
- silhouette 321,465 photos, 45,311 members
- Japan photos 228,194 photos, 4,251 members
- Tokyo Images 195,826 photos, 6,039 members
- JAPAN-IN-BW (Black-and-White) 38,756 photos, 1,266 members
- flickr Japan 790,911 photos, 16,663 members
- TOKYO INSIDE 東京インサイド 76,565 photos, 2,626 members
- B&W 3,517,066 photos, 172,450 members
- Film SG 1,640 photos, 67 members
- "Black Bird Fly" camera and photos 9,896 photos, 1,433 members
- blackbird,fly 6,720 photos, 795 members
anthony samaniego says:
"A lot of people ask me who my favorite photographer is. I always answer," I dunno." I never do know...shit, I don't pay attention to photographers nor do I know of any "big time" photographers. Nor do I really care, but DoveVadar.....He's definitely the best photographer I've come across. Not only the best, but the most inspiring. Subtle, but so meaningful. His work has pushed me and inspired me into the photographer that I am today...on the fuckin real. No joke."
5th February, 2011
"Francis Stream was found via a Flickriver search for Hasselblad Images (by Interestingsness) as I had rented a 503 for a few days in New York and was seeking flickr inspiration. More than one photo of his stream draw my eye, so I went over to check his photos.
This man is capable of making some outstanding pictures of models (fashion), Street and Architetcure. His use of Rangefinders and SLRs is special, even some of his stillife shots are really awesome.
His willingness to share the relevant technichal information about the photos (EXIF for analog shots has to be entered by hand in the flickr system), as well as his likes about filmtypes and lenses / bodies is generous. The connection between his photos and the given info really works well for me, e.g. I bought a few rolls of some the filmtypes he uses to see the results they can achieve with my style of photography (Provia 400X for a 2 stop push, and the Formapan 400 Action with 1 stop pull and push, all will be dev. in one tank without special adaptions to the push / pull).
The travelsets he made are also full of several strong shots. The fact that I have traveled three of his destinations (Munich, Venice and Prague) last year, also shooting film rangefinders (35mm and 120), made me appreciate his photos even more as I know some of the places he shot and some of their photographic potential.
I can only say thank you to Francis for sharing his work, taking the time to enrich his photos with relevant infos and hope that he is willing to keep this good flickr stream going !
Francis, should you ever make it to Germany again, you are invited for a good beer :-)
Greetings from TriBeCa / New York,
Carsten aka topfloor"
21st January, 2011
Kenneth Edwards says:
"I came across his stream one day when I was thinking about entering the world of film photography. His work inspired me to shoot medium format film, and eventually to purchase my Hasselblad which he said "would be my true work horse" and he couldn't have been more right.
Since I purchased my Hasselblad in January I've shot over 100 rolls of film with it.
Simply taking a quick glance at his photos and the beauty he captures through the lens and you'll see why he is an amazing photographer.
18th October, 2010
"Greetings from London - lovely stream. Your pix is what good photography is all about...simplicity, timeliness and elegance. Well done."
22nd September, 2010
Janon Geng says:
"His work is amazing."
4th July, 2010
"Absolutely smashing stuff!
Great feel and control of available lighting
Keep up the great work, always looking forward to view your works :)"
31st January, 2010
"Mention Leica or Medium Format to him and he'll perk up his ears. Mention bokeh and he salivates. His shots are exquisite.
A photographer's photographer."
7th October, 2009
Jiang D 蔣世基 says:
"very talented photog, I always enjoy his work, especially his night shot..."
25th August, 2009
"One of my favorite photostreams, such beautiful colors."
17th August, 2009
if perfection is just the word for his photos but its more than that.
hope to shoot with you the master of bokeh someday"
27th June, 2009
- Francis Tan
- September 2007
- Singapore, Singapore
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Creative Director, O2 Interactive Pte Ltd