Peter Asprey - Sat on trig point on Berneray Scotland (Sound of Harris behind)
Tall - helps with taking pix of dolphins above the crowd. Got round to starting to uploading my geotagged photographs. 99.99% of which are as taken. Have a look here for my geotagged map of Scotland.
You'll find photographs of dolphins, cows and landscapes from all around the UK. From the far north of Scotland, to the far south west of England and many places between. Most photographs are geotagged (on the flickr map) so you can find the place (and make a better job of taking photographs of it than I did)...
Please browse through my sets and leave comments on photographs you like.
Browse my collections here.
FAQ - Some Frequently Asked Questions....
Why so many images?
I've uploaded many geotagged images so others can find the locations, and make a better job of photographing the location. They also form part of the journey, and provide background or location support to the good photographs. They are best viewed as either slide show or as part of the set they are in.
Making sence of my file names,
For film and slide scans, example,
Month 09 (September)
sm = Slide medium (neg or roll also used)
f015 = film roll processing reference
0036 = film frame
For digital images using Sony Mavica
As slides but film roll reference is always MVC and 176F, is the sequence number, the F indicates Fine mode.
For digital images using my Nikon
Month 05 (may)
nX = where X is simply which camera was used. (n1=Nikon D100, n2=Nikon D2H, n3=Nikon D2X, n4=Nikon D2Xs, n5=Nikon D3s, n6=CoolPix, n7=FinePix, n8=Nikon S9500)
1004 - frame sequence number from camera.
Any filename ending in -r has been reprocessed either as a batch or by photoshop, either to rebalance colour, or other unwanted feature. Often as a large batch of files, for example where sensor dust has been removed from 100's of frames by software as a batch.
Note for slide and film scans, unless otherwise noted, the date is the scanning date.
Why are some frames in a sequence missing?
I've not uploaded my entire collection for the following reasons.
* Many images contain people or cars etc, most of my images are time date and geotagged, and in the UK this would run into problems with privacy law.
* It was out of focus.
* Private Photograph
* Really good photograph
* Camera fault.
* It was a very very bad photo.
I've been using a GPS to record the locations of most of my photographs since 1996. For most of the images, this has ment setting the camera date and time to GPS date and time and then matching the GPS track log or waypoint log back to the images. This works for both film and digital cameras where the date and time are recorded either next to the image on the film frame or in the image file. This of course relies on the GPS being near the camera and giving a good reading. I've tried to correct batches where I know of large faults between photograph location and real location, but there may be a few images not near enough.. Please let me know of any location errors.
Found an Interesting Photograph in my collection?
Feel free to ask more about how and where it was taken.
DIY Wildlife camera trap info here, www.flickr.com/photos/dolphinpix/sets/72157623767155925/
Photos of dolphinpix (1)
- Horse Portraits ~ Please Comment and VOTE! 8,458 photos, 1,226 members
- Tutus! 420 photos, 236 members
- Les Ballets Russes à l'Opéra 1909-1929 104 photos, 65 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 134,009 photos, 11,369 members
- Dance Station 399 photos, 90 members
- Dancers 2,716 photos, 309 members
- ~~~ Dancing ~ Outside ~~~ 3,142 photos, 1,031 members
- Ballerinas y guillerminas 137 photos, 58 members
- Dressage horses. 5,752 photos, 410 members
- Horse faces 6,638 photos, 892 members
- Horses At Liberty 4,026 photos, 170 members
- DANCE like there's no tomorrow 5,116 photos, 385 members
- Western Isles in Black & White 1,672 photos, 115 members
- My Horse 24,578 photos, 2,757 members
- DRESSAGE 5,528 photos, 565 members
- Reitsport 2,424 photos, 130 members
- Dance your life away 6,906 photos, 570 members
- all scotland 26,484 photos, 301 members
- Horses United 5,833 photos, 322 members
- HORSE ßEAUTY ↪ ™ 15,185 photos, 1,423 members
- ART OF DANCE 19,178 photos, 1,528 members
- ~Ballet pictures~ 1,444 photos, 267 members
- Isle of Harris 2,064 photos, 134 members
- ! Down On The Farm ! 26,288 photos, 1,142 members
- Equine Photographers 28,540 photos, 1,821 members
- Horse Photographers 51,006 photos, 6,454 members
- Whale and Dolphin Conservation 4,850 photos, 212 members
- Horse's Rule 8,264 photos, 1,014 members
- Urban Decay 519,459 photos, 34,383 members
- Ballerina: 593 photos, 39 members
- Happy Cows come from Wisconsin! 61 photos, 22 members
- Swiss Cow Photographers 265 photos, 31 members
- Cows are not to be eaten!! 463 photos, 67 members
- Cows Are My Passion [ Post 1 - Awards 2 ] 678 photos, 97 members
- Cowscapes 47 photos, 44 members
- Cows on the Road 153 photos, 93 members
- Horse's Heads 6,987 photos, 1,948 members
- Dancing Outside 430 photos, 58 members
- Fine Art Dance Photography 186 photos, 202 members
- SL Ballet 93 photos, 46 members
- Danza-Dance-Dança 1,206 photos, 49 members
- Fotografare la danza 3,523 photos, 331 members
- Ballet forever 3,894 photos, 487 members
- Rural Photos 102,972 photos, 3,129 members
- Outer Hebrides 17,763 photos, 975 members
- MOUNTAIN 192,313 photos, 13,154 members
- Farming - England 10,973 photos, 606 members
- A horse of a Gray colour . . . 3,987 photos, 221 members
- The British Equestrian Group 3,170 photos, 182 members
- Scotland The Brave 69,402 photos, 1,230 members
dolphinpix doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Peter Asprey
- December 2006
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Chartered Engineer
- Peter Asprey