Peter Asprey - Sat on trig point on Berneray Scotland (Sound of Harris behind)
Tall - helps with taking pix of dolphins above the crowd. Got round to starting to uploading my geotagged photographs. 99.99% of which are as taken. Have a look here for my geotagged map of Scotland.
You'll find photographs of dolphins, cows and landscapes from all around the UK. From the far north of Scotland, to the far south west of England and many places between. Most photographs are geotagged (on the flickr map) so you can find the place (and make a better job of taking photographs of it than I did)...
Please browse through my sets and leave comments on photographs you like.
Browse my collections here.
FAQ - Some Frequently Asked Questions....
Why so many images?
I've uploaded many geotagged images so others can find the locations, and make a better job of photographing the location. They also form part of the journey, and provide background or location support to the good photographs. They are best viewed as either slide show or as part of the set they are in.
Making sence of my file names,
For film and slide scans, example,
Month 09 (September)
sm = Slide medium (neg or roll also used)
f015 = film roll processing reference
0036 = film frame
For digital images using Sony Mavica
As slides but film roll reference is always MVC and 176F, is the sequence number, the F indicates Fine mode.
For digital images using my Nikon
Month 05 (may)
nX = where X is simply which camera was used. (n1=Nikon D100, n2=Nikon D2H, n3=Nikon D2X, n4=Nikon D2Xs, n5=Nikon D3s, n6=CoolPix, n7=FinePix, n8=Nikon S9500)
1004 - frame sequence number from camera.
Any filename ending in -r has been reprocessed either as a batch or by photoshop, either to rebalance colour, or other unwanted feature. Often as a large batch of files, for example where sensor dust has been removed from 100's of frames by software as a batch.
Note for slide and film scans, unless otherwise noted, the date is the scanning date.
Why are some frames in a sequence missing?
I've not uploaded my entire collection for the following reasons.
* Many images contain people or cars etc, most of my images are time date and geotagged, and in the UK this would run into problems with privacy law.
* It was out of focus.
* Private Photograph
* Really good photograph
* Camera fault.
* It was a very very bad photo.
I've been using a GPS to record the locations of most of my photographs since 1996. For most of the images, this has ment setting the camera date and time to GPS date and time and then matching the GPS track log or waypoint log back to the images. This works for both film and digital cameras where the date and time are recorded either next to the image on the film frame or in the image file. This of course relies on the GPS being near the camera and giving a good reading. I've tried to correct batches where I know of large faults between photograph location and real location, but there may be a few images not near enough.. Please let me know of any location errors.
Found an Interesting Photograph in my collection?
Feel free to ask more about how and where it was taken.
DIY Wildlife camera trap info here, www.flickr.com/photos/dolphinpix/sets/72157623767155925/
Photos of dolphinpix (1)
- Horse Portraits ~ Please Comment and VOTE! 8,428 photos, 1,223 members
- Tutus! 417 photos, 233 members
- Les Ballets Russes à l'Opéra 1909-1929 104 photos, 62 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 133,419 photos, 11,347 members
- Dance Station 391 photos, 86 members
- Dancers 2,594 photos, 299 members
- ~~~ Dancing ~ Outside ~~~ 3,046 photos, 1,006 members
- Ballerinas y guillerminas 124 photos, 52 members
- Dressage horses. 5,812 photos, 407 members
- Horse faces 6,714 photos, 887 members
- Horses At Liberty 4,040 photos, 171 members
- DANCE like there's no tomorrow 4,892 photos, 371 members
- Western Isles in Black & White 1,665 photos, 113 members
- My Horse 24,712 photos, 2,765 members
- DRESSAGE 5,598 photos, 563 members
- Reitsport 2,414 photos, 127 members
- Dance your life away 6,750 photos, 560 members
- all scotland 26,128 photos, 297 members
- Horses United 5,487 photos, 319 members
- HORSE ßEAUTY ↪ ™ 15,211 photos, 1,425 members
- ART OF DANCE 18,603 photos, 1,513 members
- ~Ballet pictures~ 1,521 photos, 265 members
- Isle of Harris 1,998 photos, 133 members
- ! Down On The Farm ! 26,970 photos, 1,115 members
- Equine Photographers 28,404 photos, 1,820 members
- Horse Photographers 50,553 photos, 6,400 members
- Whale and Dolphin Conservation 4,705 photos, 205 members
- Horse's Rule 7,897 photos, 1,015 members
- Urban Decay 520,558 photos, 34,441 members
- Ballerina: 448 photos, 31 members
- Happy Cows come from Wisconsin! 67 photos, 21 members
- Swiss Cow Photographers 248 photos, 31 members
- Cows are not to be eaten!! 454 photos, 69 members
- Cows Are My Passion [ Post 1 - Awards 2 ] 666 photos, 93 members
- Cowscapes 45 photos, 42 members
- Cows on the Road 142 photos, 89 members
- Horse's Heads 6,736 photos, 1,896 members
- Dancing Outside 423 photos, 57 members
- Fine Art Dance Photography 188 photos, 198 members
- SL Ballet 88 photos, 42 members
- Danza-Dance-Dança 1,182 photos, 50 members
- Fotografare la danza 3,459 photos, 329 members
- Ballet forever 3,806 photos, 483 members
- Rural Photos 99,419 photos, 3,045 members
- Outer Hebrides 17,481 photos, 956 members
- MOUNTAIN 179,434 photos, 12,951 members
- Farming - England 10,174 photos, 596 members
- A horse of a Gray colour . . . 4,035 photos, 221 members
- The British Equestrian Group 3,173 photos, 182 members
- Scotland The Brave 70,225 photos, 1,233 members
dolphinpix doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Peter Asprey
- December 2006
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Chartered Engineer
- Peter Asprey