Peter Asprey - Sat on trig point on Berneray Scotland (Sound of Harris behind)
Tall - helps with taking pix of dolphins above the crowd. Got round to starting to uploading my geotagged photographs. 99.99% of which are as taken. Have a look here for my geotagged map of Scotland.
You'll find photographs of dolphins, cows and landscapes from all around the UK. From the far north of Scotland, to the far south west of England and many places between. Most photographs are geotagged (on the flickr map) so you can find the place (and make a better job of taking photographs of it than I did)...
Please browse through my sets and leave comments on photographs you like.
Browse my collections here.
FAQ - Some Frequently Asked Questions....
Why so many images?
I've uploaded many geotagged images so others can find the locations, and make a better job of photographing the location. They also form part of the journey, and provide background or location support to the good photographs. They are best viewed as either slide show or as part of the set they are in.
Making sence of my file names,
For film and slide scans, example,
Month 09 (September)
sm = Slide medium (neg or roll also used)
f015 = film roll processing reference
0036 = film frame
For digital images using Sony Mavica
As slides but film roll reference is always MVC and 176F, is the sequence number, the F indicates Fine mode.
For digital images using my Nikon
Month 05 (may)
nX = where X is simply which camera was used. (n1=Nikon D100, n2=Nikon D2H, n3=Nikon D2X, n4=Nikon D2Xs, n5=Nikon D3s, n6=CoolPix, n7=FinePix, n8=Nikon S9500)
1004 - frame sequence number from camera.
Any filename ending in -r has been reprocessed either as a batch or by photoshop, either to rebalance colour, or other unwanted feature. Often as a large batch of files, for example where sensor dust has been removed from 100's of frames by software as a batch.
Note for slide and film scans, unless otherwise noted, the date is the scanning date.
Why are some frames in a sequence missing?
I've not uploaded my entire collection for the following reasons.
* Many images contain people or cars etc, most of my images are time date and geotagged, and in the UK this would run into problems with privacy law.
* It was out of focus.
* Private Photograph
* Really good photograph
* Camera fault.
* It was a very very bad photo.
I've been using a GPS to record the locations of most of my photographs since 1996. For most of the images, this has ment setting the camera date and time to GPS date and time and then matching the GPS track log or waypoint log back to the images. This works for both film and digital cameras where the date and time are recorded either next to the image on the film frame or in the image file. This of course relies on the GPS being near the camera and giving a good reading. I've tried to correct batches where I know of large faults between photograph location and real location, but there may be a few images not near enough.. Please let me know of any location errors.
Found an Interesting Photograph in my collection?
Feel free to ask more about how and where it was taken.
DIY Wildlife camera trap info here, www.flickr.com/photos/dolphinpix/sets/72157623767155925/
Photos of dolphinpix (1)
- The Royal Opera House Covent Garden 557 photos, 152 members
- Amoureux de danse classique et de visages 388 photos, 66 members
- For The Love Of Dance! 147 photos, 30 members
- Just Dance! 1,092 photos, 137 members
- Men in Ballet 1,347 photos, 503 members
- Horse Portraits ~ Please Comment and VOTE! 8,550 photos, 1,230 members
- Tutus! 421 photos, 237 members
- Les Ballets Russes à l'Opéra 1909-1929 104 photos, 66 members
- Dance, dance, dance! 134,873 photos, 11,388 members
- Dance Station 398 photos, 91 members
- Dancers 2,740 photos, 313 members
- ~~~ Dancing ~ Outside ~~~ 3,125 photos, 1,056 members
- Ballerinas y guillerminas 139 photos, 62 members
- Dressage horses. 5,750 photos, 412 members
- Horse faces 6,661 photos, 898 members
- Horses At Liberty 4,029 photos, 171 members
- DANCE like there's no tomorrow 5,351 photos, 392 members
- Western Isles in Black & White 1,652 photos, 114 members
- My Horse 24,663 photos, 2,759 members
- DRESSAGE 5,517 photos, 567 members
- Reitsport 2,417 photos, 131 members
- Dance your life away 7,089 photos, 578 members
- all scotland 27,135 photos, 301 members
- Horses United 6,000 photos, 327 members
- HORSE ßEAUTY ↪ ™ 15,245 photos, 1,425 members
- ART OF DANCE 19,586 photos, 1,538 members
- ~Ballet pictures~ 1,451 photos, 271 members
- Isle of Harris 2,105 photos, 137 members
- ! Down On The Farm ! 26,849 photos, 1,156 members
- Equine Photographers 28,893 photos, 1,820 members
- Horse Photographers 51,502 photos, 6,479 members
- Whale and Dolphin Conservation 4,901 photos, 213 members
- Horse's Rule 8,482 photos, 1,015 members
- Urban Decay 521,070 photos, 34,390 members
- Ballerina: 655 photos, 46 members
- Happy Cows come from Wisconsin! 62 photos, 22 members
- Swiss Cow Photographers 265 photos, 31 members
- Cows are not to be eaten!! 469 photos, 68 members
- Cows Are My Passion [ Post 1 - Awards 2 ] 685 photos, 96 members
- Cowscapes 47 photos, 45 members
- Cows on the Road 151 photos, 91 members
- Horse's Heads 7,245 photos, 1,991 members
- Dancing Outside 434 photos, 59 members
- Fine Art Dance Photography 186 photos, 207 members
- SL Ballet 92 photos, 49 members
- Danza-Dance-Dança 1,206 photos, 50 members
- Fotografare la danza 3,536 photos, 331 members
- Ballet forever 3,924 photos, 492 members
- Rural Photos 106,774 photos, 3,177 members
- Outer Hebrides 18,035 photos, 980 members
dolphinpix doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Peter Asprey
- December 2006
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Chartered Engineer
- Peter Asprey