I'm someone who loves photography but never has enough time for it.
My photography style is always evolving. For many years I took simple "point and click" captures, with no setup other than dialing in the settings on the camera. In recent times (2013 onwards) I've dedicated more thought into composing each shot. The subject, lighting, context and desired outcome are all equally important attributes in any amazing photo, and that's what I strive to achieve.
I'm privileged to have afforded a Canon EOS 6D body and a 24-105mm L series lens. The body is amazing, and the things I can capture with the lens regularly astonishes me.
I also have the "Nifty Fifty", Canon's cheap 50mm f1.8 lens and a Sigma 14mm fisheye. Both are intriguing lenses which give a unique experience down the viewfinder.
Previously I've used a Canon EOS 400D with stock 18-55mm and 70-300mm lenses, and a Canon EF-M film SLR, which still gets use from time to time.
I have previously use the Cokin P series filters for some of my landscape photography. With any physical photography filter the cheap knock-offs aren't worth the money - something I've learned the hard way.
Photos of michaelgreenhill (9)
- Railway Portraits 116 photos, 26 members
- Trains & People 2,275 photos, 248 members
- Dandenong & Yarra Ranges 2,838 photos, 192 members
- Project Weather 401,569 photos, 72,412 members
- EDI GT46C_ACe Locomotive 228 photos, 44 members
- North Yorkshire Moors Railway 10,782 photos, 700 members
- Steam in the UK 75,578 photos, 1,381 members
- UK Railways 415,218 photos, 2,471 members
- Great Central Railway 18,679 photos, 581 members
- Bluebell Railway 8,329 photos, 333 members
- Watercress Line / Mid-Hants Railway 9,645 photos, 302 members
- Canon EOS 6D - Official Group 191,882 photos, 9,803 members
- Light, Composition, Imagination (Railways) 739 photos, 42 members
- Mornington Peninsula Images 2,669 photos, 247 members
- Coastal Australia 4,507 photos, 419 members
- Australian Alco's 2,472 photos, 65 members
- NSW Main South Railway Line 806 photos, 84 members
- Australian Bulldogs 2,668 photos, 149 members
- Transport World Wide 294,075 photos, 1,001 members
- Victorian Locomotives 3,083 photos, 50 members
- Steamrail Victoria 2,088 photos, 132 members
- SCT Trains & Trucks - Australia 715 photos, 38 members
- Australian National Parks - No Invite required 23,123 photos, 957 members
- Australian Waterfalls 3,223 photos, 477 members
- Waterfalls Long Exposure 43,789 photos, 5,852 members
- Beautiful Waterfalls From Around The World 25,228 photos, 3,547 members
- Tasmania 10,130 photos, 1,268 members
- SSR - Southern Shorthaul Railroad 1,081 photos, 99 members
- FOOD: I Cooked/ Made this! 248,625 photos, 12,102 members
- Exclusively Food 75 photos, 112 members
- Gibson Les Paul Collection 352 photos, 174 members
- Gibson Les Paul around the World 1,766 photos, 417 members
- Warmoth Guitars 650 photos, 163 members
- Official Gibson Guitar MySpace Contest 2,099 photos, 712 members
- Guitar Face 2,551 photos, 795 members
- Lightning 37,447 photos, 14,518 members
- 101 Must-do's for Kiwis 2,264 photos, 259 members
- Caves Of The World 22,983 photos, 2,860 members
- New Zealand ~ Aotearoa 161,313 photos, 6,932 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,632,326 photos, 75,826 members
- Sunsets & Sunrises around the world (121 Countries!) 840,818 photos, 110,897 members
- Fiords of the World 289 photos, 74 members
- Fiordland National Park 1,684 photos, 322 members
- The Colorful World of Cabooses 2,409 photos, 138 members
- Cradle Mountain 229 photos, 46 members
- Tasmanian Wilderness 1,583 photos, 115 members
- Natural Tasmania 2,345 photos, 118 members
- Tasmania Australia 14,742 photos, 528 members
- Tasmania, the Apple Isle. 16,327 photos, 681 members
- Piers 24,732 photos, 3,711 members
"yes here it is the long awaited testicle!.... no sorry testimonial.... Freudian slip there....
yes he is my boyfriend, so yes ladies, and men (you know who you are!) hands off!
is he a good photographer? ... who knows? ... who cares? look and see for yourself and stop reading this crap!"
May 19th, 2008
- January 2008
- Melbourne, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- IT Technician