Featured on the front page of www.nationalgeographic.com on October 24th, 2012.
Featured on National Geographic's website travel.nationalgeographic.com/travel/365-photos/saebyeol-... on November 9th, 2013
From Japan to Egypt, France to Cambodia, Australia to Tibet, Indonesia to the USA, and so many places in between, I've travelled the world with camera in hand since graduating from university. I currently reside on beautiful Jeju Island in South Korea. Photography is my passion and this is my life. Welcome to my photostream!
"Douglas MacDonald is a Canadian-born freelance photographer. He has spent 12 years documenting life and landscapes in South Korea and is a regular contributor to Getty Images and The Jeju Weekly www.jejuweekly.com/ .
His images have appeared in a number of other publications, including National Goegraphic, The Herald Tribune International (New York Times Global Edition), Conde' Nast (Italy), The Times (India), 10 Magazine, 48 Hours (Hong Kong), The Korea Times, Jeju Weekly China, Jeju Weekly Japan, Seoul Style, Groove Magazine, Utne Reader, TriMag Asia, Seoul Magazine, PIK Magazine, and Dragonair's Silkroad Magazine.
His photos have also been purchased by major corporations around the world, including Google, Dow Jones International, Amazon, McCann Erickson, Engen, AS-Grey OY, WPP, Ogilvy & Mather, Rosetta Stone, and Textuel La Mine.
He is a 5 time winner of the "Fine Arts" prize in the Jeju UN World Heritage International photo contests and his work has been displayed at the Jeju International Airport. He recently won Grand Prize in Koreabridge's Best of 2011/Winter Travels Photo Contest koreabridge.net/photos/best-2011winter-travels-photofest-... and was interviewed in the April 2012 issue of Groove Magazine.
On October 24th, 2012, his photo "On Golden Hills" was featured on the front page of www.nationalgeographic.com
On May 5th, 2014 his photo, "Moonlight Sonata" was featured on CNN edition.cnn.com/2014/05/04/travel/gallery/seoul-photo-sho...
An exhibition of his work, "The Jeongwol Daeboreum Fire Festival" www.flickr.com/photos/dmacs_photos/sets/72157632069085400/, is currently being featured on The Big Screen at Federation Square in Melbourne, Australia. His photo "On Golden Hills" was shown at the "Memories of Korea" Exhibition www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151898869955163&set... in Busan, South Korea from February to March, 2014. His photo "Moonlight Sonata" was on display at the 2014 Seoul Photo & Imaging Foreign Exhibition from April 17-20th, 2014. His work is also on permanent display at the Jeju UN Heritage Center on Jeju Island, South Korea.
Douglas is a Getty Images Artist."
Published in the International Herald Tribune (The New York Times Global Edition) (10/12)
Printed by Epson Korea and featured in the 2014 Seoul Photo & Imaging Foreign Exhibition (04/17/14 to 04/20/14) and on CNN edition.cnn.com/2014/05/04/travel/gallery/seoul-photo-sho... (05/05/14)
Published in the February, 2014 edition of PIK Magazine issuu.com/joewabe/docs/pikfebruary
Click on the Getty Images logo above or contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to purchase any of my images.
"When people ask me how they can become a photographer, I almost never mention cameras, lenses, or technique. I say, ‘If you want to be a photographer, first leave home.’ As Paul Theroux, a great writer and friend, further advises, “Go as far as you can. Become a stranger in a strange land. Acquire humility. Leaving home really means that the photographer (or writer) has to wander, observe, and to paraphrase Theroux, concentrate on people in their landscape. That is what I try to achieve in my pictures."
- Steve McCurry
“Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice.”
- Steve Jobs
"Your eye must see a composition or an expression that life itself offers you, and you must know with intuition when to click the camera. That is the moment the photographer is creative. Oop! The Moment! Once you miss it, it is gone forever."
- Henri Cartier-Bresson - 1957
"Every photograph is a battle of form versus content. The good ones are on the border of failure."
- Garry Winogrand
“If you have any sort of prejudgment, it’s the kiss of death for a photographer... I’m always very aware — certainly as a photographer, but I hope more as a human being — that you can’t judge people. You have to spend a little more time, look a bit closer. Look under the skin.”
- Jocelyn Bain Hogg
"Look closely at the present you are constructing, it should look like the future you are dreaming"
"Real photography begins when we let go of what we have been told is a good photograph and start photographing what we see."
Some see things the way they are and ask, "Why?" I dream things that never were, and ask "Why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw
"The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything."
- Theodore Roosevelt
"Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose."
- Steve Jobs
View my stream LARGE on black:
<a href="http://www.flickriver.com/photos/dmacs_photos/" rel="nofollow">DMac 5D Mark II's photos on Flickriver
- Night Images 1,188,017 photos, 162,483 members
- Concert Photographer 545,685 photos, 12,748 members
- Concerts 621,272 photos, 16,248 members
- live concert photography 65,197 photos, 1,200 members
- Bands/ Concerts 62,554 photos, 1,836 members
- The Gig (Music photography) 45,373 photos, 1,117 members
- Rock Concert 133,483 photos, 3,189 members
- Music Photography 588,435 photos, 16,080 members
- Concert Snappers 119,609 photos, 1,400 members
- The Best Damn Live Music Photography (VOTE NOW) 19,386 photos, 1,358 members
- Band Photography 499,591 photos, 20,702 members
- Rock Photography 153,610 photos, 8,789 members
- Your Live Music Photography 49,114 photos, 2,146 members
- Live Music B&W 26,328 photos, 1,143 members
- High ISO shots 48,829 photos, 1,706 members
- LIVE MUSIC 555,098 photos, 29,093 members
- Music Photographers Only 176,554 photos, 4,528 members
- Low light photography 213,127 photos, 9,496 members
- Black and White Music 8,519 photos, 445 members
- Travel Photography 4,565,082 photos, 142,631 members
- We travel the World 1,282,265 photos, 46,727 members
- Concert Photography 216,514 photos, 38,230 members
- Singapore's Night Life 7,870 photos, 1,322 members
- Singapore Street photography 34,751 photos, 1,485 members
- Yahoo! Studios: The Weekly Flickr Photos 111,104 photos, 7,612 members
- Singapore Images 189,036 photos, 7,383 members
- Official National Geographic Group 1,582,419 photos, 32,346 members
- Long Exposures - NIGHT 39,897 photos, 3,530 members
- Long Exposures 642,850 photos, 44,416 members
- in explore 820,409 photos, 71,247 members
- Autumn Anywhere 100,550 photos, 6,696 members
- Architecture 1,794,432 photos, 101,602 members
- Canada Landscapes 129,303 photos, 4,735 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 471,081 photos, 10,640 members
- Vancouver Island 37,832 photos, 1,478 members
- Singapore 210,910 photos, 6,910 members
- Redditor's Club 5,231 photos, 381 members
- Images with Filters 20,304 photos, 1,383 members
- Long Exposure Junkies 7,786 photos, 10,361 members
- LEBW 934 photos, 122 members
- PopPhoto.com Photo of the Day 211,741 photos, 5,311 members
- Food Porn Photography 35,491 photos, 389 members
- autumn colour of leaves 紅葉 45,876 photos, 3,251 members
- FIS (Flickr in Seoul) 41,357 photos, 2,391 members
- iPhoneography 439,257 photos, 13,268 members
- Street Photography Worldwide 132,485 photos, 3,059 members
- Architecture / 建築 328,221 photos, 8,163 members
- Architecture Photography 279,779 photos, 11,302 members
- MOON Shots 132,139 photos, 26,096 members
- Moon lovers 38,433 photos, 5,957 members
DMac 5D Mark II doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- November 2009
- Vancouver, B.C.
- Jeju Island, South Korea
- I am:
- photographer, writer, teacher
- dmac5dmark2 [at] hotmail.com