I am photo hobbyist who uses flicker to post most of my non-dive related photography, both film based and digital. My dive related photos are at diver.net. My underwater photography from California by date can be seen here.
The best place on flickr to explore my photography is start with my collections and drill down to the topic, place, camera, lens, format, or film you are interested in.
I became interested in film photography again because of the developing and scanning service provided by Precision Camera & Video (PCV) in Austin, Texas, and North Coast Photographic Services (NCPS) in Carlsbad, California. Both of these operations use Noritsu scanners that scan full uncut rolls of film. They do outstanding 8 bit/channel scans on full and half frame 35mm, plus 6x4½ (645), 6x6, 6x7, and 6x9 120/220 transparencies and negatives.
I tend to use NCPS for all of my black and white and E-6, and PCV for C-41. Both do an outstanding job, but PCV more economical for C41 since they develop C-41 for free when you order scans.
The software I use to edit most of my images the 64-bit version of ACDSee Pro
My first experience with photography was in high school where I used a Ricoh Singelx and a Sears branded Gossen Pilot meter, bulk film, and developed, processed, and printed it myself.
In the early 1990s I became interested in stereo photography and did quite a bit with a Realist 45. Some of that can be seen at 3D-Photography.com. I have many 3D stereo anaglyphs here on flickr too
My photography (mostly underwater) is published in many books & scientific journals, and is used by the Smithsonian Institution, California Science Center, UCSB, REEF, The City of San Francisco, The Georgia Aquarium, The County of Mendocino, The Los Angeles Museum of Natural History, and many others, all with my express written permission.
Please ask before using my photos. I usually say yes to free use for most non-profit users, but not all.
The use of any of my copyrighted photos without my express written permission is forbidden by law. If you choose to steal one of my images you are liable for a minimum of $500 per image, plus all of my legal costs, and 10% annual interest on any unpaid amount.
My most popular-interesting photos on Fluidr
My most popular-interesting photos on Flickriver
Find my photos by subject, camera, lens, of film type in my Flickr Collections
©2015 Chris Grossman, all rights reserved
Photos of divewizard (11)
- Aquatic Life & Water Plants 398 photos, 30 members
- STORM 9,165 photos, 1,786 members
- Flickr Costa Rica 27,103 photos, 1,697 members
- Costa Rica nature wonders 287 photos, 16 members
- Fotografos de Costa Rica 1,942 photos, 96 members
- Wildlife of Costa Rica 856 photos, 54 members
- Costa Rica Rainforest and Volcano 732 photos, 58 members
- Costa Rica Wild Nature 1,211 photos, 71 members
- Costa Rica - beautiful country 509 photos, 33 members
- Costa Rica Nature 593 photos, 50 members
- Natural Costa Rica 12,601 photos, 626 members
- Costa Rica 65,076 photos, 3,371 members
- Costa Rica Images 24,103 photos, 976 members
- Travel photographs 1,361,205 photos, 36,071 members
- FLICKR NATURE 2,961,849 photos, 53,818 members
- Car(s) Eater 9,085 photos, 288 members
- Film's Portrait 底片(胶片)人像 41,296 photos, 2,042 members
- The Language of Vintage ƒilm 22,005 photos, 789 members
- The Film is Eternity 25,072 photos, 440 members
- Hasselblad film cameras 4,606 photos, 202 members
- Film is God Official Flickr Group. 142,143 photos, 3,095 members
- Mamiya 6, 7, & 7II Black and White Film 2,533 photos, 243 members
- Analogue Survive - Digital Denied 10,403 photos, 368 members
- portraits and faces. 1,649,609 photos, 85,333 members
- Best Images Of Police, Fire And Emergency Vehicles 9,312 photos, 259 members
- Crabs-R-Us 879 photos, 156 members
- Crabs 3,606 photos, 1,144 members
- California Landscapes and Desert 32,762 photos, 1,750 members
- California Desert 36,747 photos, 3,081 members
- California, off the Beaten Path 15,382 photos, 311 members
- California Landscape Photographer 22,170 photos, 1,285 members
- The Beauty of California [Scenic Landscapes] 16,195 photos, 1,765 members
- Colossal Flickr Pool 27,624 photos, 1,402 members
- The best of world picture 353,109 photos, 15,049 members
- Old and Manual Focus Lenses 26,343 photos, 691 members
- This Old Lens 13,871 photos, 385 members
- Nikkor 135mm AI and AI-S 1,718 photos, 429 members
- Dog Days! 108,601 photos, 16,628 members
- A dogs tale 4,840 photos, 279 members
- PLANET EARTH VINTAGE ADVERTISING 17,897 photos, 562 members
- PLANET EARTH BACK IN THE DAY 116,369 photos, 2,811 members
- Old Lenses Fanatics 19,528 photos, 419 members
- Classic Lens on Digital Cameras 6,970 photos, 139 members
- Your Best Shot For Today 228,863 photos, 2,951 members
- VIVID COLOR 157,666 photos, 3,841 members
- Manual focus, old lenses on digital camera 3,819 photos, 79 members
- flickrDogs 45,894 photos, 2,668 members
- Cool Dogs 87,926 photos, 5,640 members
- dogs 39,718 photos, 1,530 members
- Artistic and creative dog shots! 52,427 photos, 4,074 members
divewizard doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Chris Grossman
- September 2006