"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
I am aSunflower
What Flower Are You?
You Are a Sunflower
"When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."
Photos of di on the wallaby (4)
- in explore 707,674 photos, 62,760 members
- Tasmanian Buildings 729 photos, 36 members
- The Sunshine Group (by invitaton) post 1/award 2 38,477 photos, 2,028 members
- Parting Shots 1,087 photos, 627 members
- Australian Geographic 29,390 photos, 1,309 members
- Excellent Image (Admin Invite Only) ( P1/C3) 225 photos, 28 members
- Two by Two... 27,371 photos, 1,395 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 94,117 photos, 4,642 members
- Great Railway Journeys in Australia 439 photos, 52 members
- Flora and Fauna of Tasmania 2,518 photos, 73 members
- The Beauty of Trees 2,373 photos, 92 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,209 photos, 22,113 members
- Honeyeaters, Flycatchers, Thrushes 1,383 photos, 108 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 59,311 photos, 5,281 members
- Universal Arts 51,181 photos, 1,138 members
- Project Weather 641,705 photos, 94,032 members
- Cloud Junkie 469,316 photos, 46,409 members
- nATUrE cAsTIng ShADoWS & RefLECTioNs! 4,591 photos, 378 members
- painting watercolors 50,003 photos, 2,622 members
- Landscapes - Non Photographic 18,222 photos, 1,009 members
- watercolor artists of the world 21,876 photos, 791 members
- Watercolour 70,976 photos, 3,632 members
- ! * The Beauty of Nature/NO people!! NO single buildings! P1/C2 405,077 photos, 9,918 members
- Australian Animals 5,005 photos, 261 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,702 photos, 219 members
- Nigella or "Love in the Mist" 243 photos, 68 members
- The Beauty of Rock 1,960 photos, 216 members
- Nature's Patterns 15,988 photos, 413 members
- artland 1,041,834 photos, 41,035 members
- The Beauty of Grasses 2,200 photos, 472 members
- *Feathers & Beaks* P1 - A3 68,122 photos, 2,412 members
- Beautiful, Just Beautiful (P1/C1) 55,057 photos, 990 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 12,034 photos, 366 members
- *REFLECTIONS* 70,684 photos, 11,718 members
- Historic Australia 1788-1901 13,582 photos, 341 members
- Mühlen (Mills) 12,493 photos, 2,265 members
- Old Mills Anywhere 6,813 photos, 915 members
- Photography Downunder 62,915 photos, 824 members
- Terrible Terriers 8,308 photos, 291 members
- Australian Photographers!!!! 466,604 photos, 8,614 members
- Australia All Over 74,379 photos, 3,133 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,574,407 photos, 58,682 members
- All Things Moon 13,299 photos, 1,373 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 94,295 photos, 14,695 members
- MOON Shots 127,858 photos, 25,799 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 45,867 photos, 9,728 members
- Sofala, NSW 242 photos, 36 members
- ABCTV Weather 23,398 photos, 1,299 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 47,239 photos, 678 members
- "Double Dragon Awards" Post 1 Comment 3 SWEEPER!! 840,990 photos, 28,923 members
"Di's eye for a beautiful image is second to none. Her photography is wonderful and inspiring. She is also such a friendly contact, whose comments I always look out for."
June 17th, 2009
"Just a great Flickr friend, feel like I have known you for years. Di you never disappoint with your unique style of captures, always different, always superb, from the wonderful Giles to a simple pink feather, keep them coming Di."
March 25th, 2009
Heidi's_PaSSioNs ღ says:
"You can count on Di, she'll be one of the first ones there to comment on something new in your Stream. Don't know how she does it, but I hope she feels as good at receiving, as she is at GIVING, giving support to her friends, and giving us visual delights! The rewards of a giving nature will be many for her. That's my wish for her. She deserves our best, back towards her. Like you alot Di !! A Friend Always !"
March 13th, 2009
"all I can say is why have I left it so long to let the world know about this ladies wonderful warmth and spirit that shines out of all her images...great souls can not be hidden in the creative process...the light of the spirit screams out through Di's images and she is also a great friend and humanitarian...she has a great depth of wisdom and knowledge...thanks to flickr...I have met some very wonderful humans...and I am so much richer because of their generosity of spirit and mind..."
February 16th, 2009
"First of all Di, I would like to THANK YOU for helping so selflessly, I appreciate it a lot. It's always a joy to see your new photos uploaded.
Beside that Di has also been such an inpiration to all that visits her photostream, and I'm happy for your success on Explore, very well done!!
I"m looking forward to see more of your great work in future and thanks for showering us with endless inpirations!"
December 19th, 2008
"Di is one of my favourite photographers. Her eye for light, her capacity to turn the most ordinary subject into something evocative and beautiful never ceases to amaze me. Her breadth of subject matter, her ability to make great pictures out of anything from sweeping landscapes to dogs on the beach to a pair of sheep is incredible. I always look forward to her posts - I know they will be a feast for my eyes! And she is a great Flickr friend - always encouraging, always there with a warm comment. I'm privileged that she is one of my contacts and that she takes so much time to look at my photographs!"
October 31st, 2008
Jocelyn Y Bishop says:
"Di Northey is not only a wonderful photographer, she is also a great mentor! I first came across Di when I noticed her enthusiastic comments in one of my contacts page.
I took a look at her photostream and was astounded at the beauty of her pictures. She seems right at home in her beloved seaside environment and her seascapes are a joy to behold. Her love of place shines through every image.
Di has fostered many people and I can truthfully say that if it was not for Di I would not be adding my images to Flickr. Di has helped me improve my techniques and soothed the path for me and I am very grateful. My ambition is to be as good at photography as she is.
I have a lot of catching up to do!"
October 27th, 2008
"Di is a great photographer who constantly reminds me that it is more important to have fun when you are behind the lens than it is to get the perfect shot. Thanks so much for your support."
August 11th, 2008
"di has a very good eye when it comes to what makes a photo they are amazing and so colourfull and they hold the eye for ages you only have to check out her photos to see what i man brilliant photographer"
August 5th, 2008
"Di has a constantly changing visual vocabulary and her photos never fail to surprise!"
July 11th, 2008
- August 2006
- I am: