"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
I am aSunflower
What Flower Are You?
You Are a Sunflower
"When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."
Photos of di off the wallaby (5)
- The Beauty of Trees 2,135 photos, 87 members
- iPad Air Camera 30 photos, 13 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,249 photos, 21,969 members
- Honeyeaters, Flycatchers, Thrushes 1,246 photos, 118 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 24,275 photos, 2,239 members
- Universal Arts 13,094 photos, 543 members
- Project Weather 158,302 photos, 38,427 members
- Cloud Junkie 304,124 photos, 28,701 members
- nATUrE cAsTIng ShADoWS & RefLECTioNs! 3,307 photos, 347 members
- painting watercolors 33,126 photos, 2,108 members
- Landscapes - Non Photographic 12,642 photos, 841 members
- watercolor artists of the world 13,278 photos, 535 members
- Watercolour 53,620 photos, 3,257 members
- ! * The Beauty of Nature Post 1 / Comment 2 111,643 photos, 3,984 members
- Australian Animals 2,065 photos, 148 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 15,373 photos, 195 members
- Nigella or "Love in the Mist" 223 photos, 64 members
- The Beauty of Rock 1,163 photos, 102 members
- Nature's Patterns 6,420 photos, 245 members
- artland 602,707 photos, 30,704 members
- The Beauty of Grasses 973 photos, 171 members
- " Damn Cool Photographers in the WORLD " .♥.♥.♥ 283,876 photos, 6,848 members
- *Feathers & Beaks* (P1 - A3) 35,057 photos, 1,799 members
- Beautiful, Just Beautiful (P1/C1) 14,190 photos, 457 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 6,846 photos, 217 members
- *REFLECTIONS* 73,279 photos, 10,606 members
- Historic Australia 1788-1901 7,712 photos, 285 members
- Mühlen (Mills) 9,825 photos, 2,096 members
- Old Mills Anywhere 5,122 photos, 719 members
- Photography Downunder 27,054 photos, 481 members
- Terrible Terriers 7,554 photos, 277 members
- Australian Photographers!!!! 340,889 photos, 7,237 members
- Australia All Over 29,379 photos, 1,531 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 734,343 photos, 32,340 members
- All Things Moon 9,122 photos, 1,169 members
- Astrophotography 82,065 photos, 12,316 members
- MOON Shots 98,173 photos, 22,800 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 19,226 photos, 5,067 members
- Sofala, NSW 228 photos, 28 members
- ABCTV Weather 10,800 photos, 979 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 33,755 photos, 532 members
- "Double Dragon Awards" Post 1 Comment 3 SWEEPER!! 886,690 photos, 29,379 members
- The Nature's Soul ELITE~Invite ONLY, P1/C2 3,911 photos, 498 members
- Green Leaf 793 photos, 120 members
- I like your style! (1 Post - 1 Com - 1 Inv) 18,642 photos, 1,920 members
- Soulpictures 747 photos, 90 members
- Nature's Carousel - (Invite only) - Post 1 Comment 2 151,050 photos, 7,705 members
- Best Images Ever (ADMIN Approval Only | Award 2 or More) 77,102 photos, 3,617 members
- !Your Best Animal Photo ~~Award 2 57,784 photos, 3,409 members
- MIMAMOR FLOWERS / Post 1 - 3 Award 55,385 photos, 5,528 members
"Di's eye for a beautiful image is second to none. Her photography is wonderful and inspiring. She is also such a friendly contact, whose comments I always look out for."
17th June, 2009
"Just a great Flickr friend, feel like I have known you for years. Di you never disappoint with your unique style of captures, always different, always superb, from the wonderful Giles to a simple pink feather, keep them coming Di."
25th March, 2009
Heidi's_PaSSioNs ღ says:
"You can count on Di, she'll be one of the first ones there to comment on something new in your Stream. Don't know how she does it, but I hope she feels as good at receiving, as she is at GIVING, giving support to her friends, and giving us visual delights! The rewards of a giving nature will be many for her. That's my wish for her. She deserves our best, back towards her. Like you alot Di !! A Friend Always !"
13th March, 2009
"all I can say is why have I left it so long to let the world know about this ladies wonderful warmth and spirit that shines out of all her images...great souls can not be hidden in the creative process...the light of the spirit screams out through Di's images and she is also a great friend and humanitarian...she has a great depth of wisdom and knowledge...thanks to flickr...I have met some very wonderful humans...and I am so much richer because of their generosity of spirit and mind..."
16th February, 2009
"First of all Di, I would like to THANK YOU for helping so selflessly, I appreciate it a lot. It's always a joy to see your new photos uploaded.
Beside that Di has also been such an inpiration to all that visits her photostream, and I'm happy for your success on Explore, very well done!!
I"m looking forward to see more of your great work in future and thanks for showering us with endless inpirations!"
19th December, 2008
"Di is one of my favourite photographers. Her eye for light, her capacity to turn the most ordinary subject into something evocative and beautiful never ceases to amaze me. Her breadth of subject matter, her ability to make great pictures out of anything from sweeping landscapes to dogs on the beach to a pair of sheep is incredible. I always look forward to her posts - I know they will be a feast for my eyes! And she is a great Flickr friend - always encouraging, always there with a warm comment. I'm privileged that she is one of my contacts and that she takes so much time to look at my photographs!"
31st October, 2008
Jocelyn Y Bishop says:
"Di Northey is not only a wonderful photographer, she is also a great mentor! I first came across Di when I noticed her enthusiastic comments in one of my contacts page.
I took a look at her photostream and was astounded at the beauty of her pictures. She seems right at home in her beloved seaside environment and her seascapes are a joy to behold. Her love of place shines through every image.
Di has fostered many people and I can truthfully say that if it was not for Di I would not be adding my images to Flickr. Di has helped me improve my techniques and soothed the path for me and I am very grateful. My ambition is to be as good at photography as she is.
I have a lot of catching up to do!"
27th October, 2008
"Di is a great photographer who constantly reminds me that it is more important to have fun when you are behind the lens than it is to get the perfect shot. Thanks so much for your support."
11th August, 2008
"di has a very good eye when it comes to what makes a photo they are amazing and so colourfull and they hold the eye for ages you only have to check out her photos to see what i man brilliant photographer"
5th August, 2008
J. C. Merriman says:
"Di has a constantly changing visual vocabulary and her photos never fail to surprise!"
11th July, 2008
- August 2006
- I am: