"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
I am aSunflower
What Flower Are You?
You Are a Sunflower
"When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."
Photos of di off the wallaby (4)
- The Sunshine Group (by invitaton) post 1/award 2 29,943 photos, 1,859 members
- Parting Shots 914 photos, 546 members
- Australian Geographic 17,156 photos, 1,028 members
- Excellent Image (Admin Invite Only) ( P1/C3) 180 photos, 29 members
- Two by Two... 20,418 photos, 937 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 62,079 photos, 4,421 members
- Great Railway Journeys in Australia 293 photos, 32 members
- Flora and Fauna of Tasmania 1,543 photos, 48 members
- The Beauty of Trees 2,187 photos, 86 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,449 photos, 21,547 members
- Honeyeaters, Flycatchers, Thrushes 1,165 photos, 87 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 44,687 photos, 3,886 members
- Universal Arts 32,965 photos, 933 members
- Project Weather 602,572 photos, 87,378 members
- Cloud Junkie 376,633 photos, 38,451 members
- nATUrE cAsTIng ShADoWS & RefLECTioNs! 4,366 photos, 356 members
- painting watercolors 42,207 photos, 2,405 members
- Landscapes - Non Photographic 14,783 photos, 894 members
- watercolor artists of the world 18,048 photos, 690 members
- Watercolour 62,996 photos, 3,430 members
- ! * The Beauty of Nature/NO people!! NO single buildings! P1/C2 235,183 photos, 7,273 members
- Australian Animals 3,179 photos, 212 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,313 photos, 206 members
- Nigella or "Love in the Mist" 229 photos, 65 members
- The Beauty of Rock 1,536 photos, 159 members
- Nature's Patterns 11,387 photos, 335 members
- artland 811,425 photos, 37,414 members
- The Beauty of Grasses 1,720 photos, 352 members
- " Damn Cool Photographers in the WORLD " .♥.♥.♥ 411,963 photos, 8,095 members
- *Feathers & Beaks* P1 - A3 53,506 photos, 2,179 members
- Beautiful, Just Beautiful (P1/C1) 35,454 photos, 811 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 9,272 photos, 310 members
- *REFLECTIONS* 71,770 photos, 11,220 members
- Historic Australia 1788-1901 11,210 photos, 308 members
- Mühlen (Mills) 11,160 photos, 2,174 members
- Old Mills Anywhere 5,895 photos, 810 members
- Photography Downunder 43,049 photos, 676 members
- Terrible Terriers 8,021 photos, 284 members
- Australian Photographers!!!! 406,478 photos, 8,063 members
- Australia All Over 49,280 photos, 2,567 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,236,114 photos, 47,982 members
- All Things Moon 11,496 photos, 1,243 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 95,012 photos, 13,888 members
- MOON Shots 113,201 photos, 24,047 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 33,107 photos, 7,613 members
- Sofala, NSW 249 photos, 41 members
- ABCTV Weather 17,955 photos, 1,182 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 40,933 photos, 610 members
- "Double Dragon Awards" Post 1 Comment 3 SWEEPER!! 925,069 photos, 29,774 members
- The Nature's Soul ELITE~Invite ONLY, P1/C2 4,569 photos, 556 members
"Di's eye for a beautiful image is second to none. Her photography is wonderful and inspiring. She is also such a friendly contact, whose comments I always look out for."
June 17th, 2009
"Just a great Flickr friend, feel like I have known you for years. Di you never disappoint with your unique style of captures, always different, always superb, from the wonderful Giles to a simple pink feather, keep them coming Di."
March 25th, 2009
Heidi's_PaSSioNs ღ says:
"You can count on Di, she'll be one of the first ones there to comment on something new in your Stream. Don't know how she does it, but I hope she feels as good at receiving, as she is at GIVING, giving support to her friends, and giving us visual delights! The rewards of a giving nature will be many for her. That's my wish for her. She deserves our best, back towards her. Like you alot Di !! A Friend Always !"
March 13th, 2009
"all I can say is why have I left it so long to let the world know about this ladies wonderful warmth and spirit that shines out of all her images...great souls can not be hidden in the creative process...the light of the spirit screams out through Di's images and she is also a great friend and humanitarian...she has a great depth of wisdom and knowledge...thanks to flickr...I have met some very wonderful humans...and I am so much richer because of their generosity of spirit and mind..."
February 16th, 2009
"First of all Di, I would like to THANK YOU for helping so selflessly, I appreciate it a lot. It's always a joy to see your new photos uploaded.
Beside that Di has also been such an inpiration to all that visits her photostream, and I'm happy for your success on Explore, very well done!!
I"m looking forward to see more of your great work in future and thanks for showering us with endless inpirations!"
December 19th, 2008
"Di is one of my favourite photographers. Her eye for light, her capacity to turn the most ordinary subject into something evocative and beautiful never ceases to amaze me. Her breadth of subject matter, her ability to make great pictures out of anything from sweeping landscapes to dogs on the beach to a pair of sheep is incredible. I always look forward to her posts - I know they will be a feast for my eyes! And she is a great Flickr friend - always encouraging, always there with a warm comment. I'm privileged that she is one of my contacts and that she takes so much time to look at my photographs!"
October 31st, 2008
Jocelyn Y Bishop says:
"Di Northey is not only a wonderful photographer, she is also a great mentor! I first came across Di when I noticed her enthusiastic comments in one of my contacts page.
I took a look at her photostream and was astounded at the beauty of her pictures. She seems right at home in her beloved seaside environment and her seascapes are a joy to behold. Her love of place shines through every image.
Di has fostered many people and I can truthfully say that if it was not for Di I would not be adding my images to Flickr. Di has helped me improve my techniques and soothed the path for me and I am very grateful. My ambition is to be as good at photography as she is.
I have a lot of catching up to do!"
October 27th, 2008
"Di is a great photographer who constantly reminds me that it is more important to have fun when you are behind the lens than it is to get the perfect shot. Thanks so much for your support."
August 11th, 2008
"di has a very good eye when it comes to what makes a photo they are amazing and so colourfull and they hold the eye for ages you only have to check out her photos to see what i man brilliant photographer"
August 5th, 2008
"Di has a constantly changing visual vocabulary and her photos never fail to surprise!"
July 11th, 2008
- August 2006
- I am: