"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
I am aSunflower
What Flower Are You?
You Are a Sunflower
"When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."
Photos of di off the wallaby (5)
- Parting Shots 889 photos, 540 members
- Australian Geographic 14,057 photos, 923 members
- Excellent Image (Admin Invite Only) ( P1/C3) 86 photos, 20 members
- Two by Two... 19,414 photos, 922 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 48,265 photos, 4,116 members
- Great Railway Journeys in Australia 276 photos, 30 members
- Flora and Fauna of Tasmania 1,096 photos, 42 members
- The Beauty of Trees 2,179 photos, 86 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,627 photos, 21,596 members
- Honeyeaters, Flycatchers, Thrushes 1,065 photos, 80 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 40,773 photos, 3,538 members
- Universal Arts 28,463 photos, 895 members
- Project Weather 496,976 photos, 78,683 members
- Cloud Junkie 354,060 photos, 34,943 members
- nATUrE cAsTIng ShADoWS & RefLECTioNs! 3,634 photos, 354 members
- painting watercolors 40,179 photos, 2,348 members
- Landscapes - Non Photographic 14,424 photos, 881 members
- watercolor artists of the world 16,792 photos, 659 members
- Watercolour 61,292 photos, 3,375 members
- ! * The Beauty of Nature/NO people/ NO single buildings! P1/C2 198,100 photos, 6,368 members
- Australian Animals 2,798 photos, 192 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,284 photos, 204 members
- Nigella or "Love in the Mist" 225 photos, 65 members
- The Beauty of Rock 1,447 photos, 150 members
- Nature's Patterns 10,139 photos, 310 members
- artland 754,731 photos, 35,485 members
- The Beauty of Grasses 1,586 photos, 318 members
- " Damn Cool Photographers in the WORLD " .♥.♥.♥ 378,892 photos, 7,837 members
- *Feathers & Beaks* P1 - A3 49,431 photos, 2,119 members
- Beautiful, Just Beautiful (P1/C1) 30,688 photos, 732 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 8,465 photos, 287 members
- *REFLECTIONS* 71,982 photos, 11,081 members
- Historic Australia 1788-1901 10,565 photos, 298 members
- Mühlen (Mills) 10,779 photos, 2,142 members
- Old Mills Anywhere 5,702 photos, 795 members
- Photography Downunder 38,979 photos, 639 members
- Terrible Terriers 7,878 photos, 278 members
- Australian Photographers!!!! 390,031 photos, 7,862 members
- Australia All Over 43,235 photos, 2,343 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,108,716 photos, 44,308 members
- All Things Moon 11,061 photos, 1,220 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 92,731 photos, 13,567 members
- MOON Shots 109,694 photos, 23,615 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 30,602 photos, 7,124 members
- Sofala, NSW 243 photos, 32 members
- ABCTV Weather 16,473 photos, 1,147 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 39,253 photos, 579 members
- "Double Dragon Awards" Post 1 Comment 3 SWEEPER!! 914,632 photos, 29,638 members
- The Nature's Soul ELITE~Invite ONLY, P1/C2 4,155 photos, 527 members
- Green Leaf 1,044 photos, 133 members
"Di's eye for a beautiful image is second to none. Her photography is wonderful and inspiring. She is also such a friendly contact, whose comments I always look out for."
June 17th, 2009
"Just a great Flickr friend, feel like I have known you for years. Di you never disappoint with your unique style of captures, always different, always superb, from the wonderful Giles to a simple pink feather, keep them coming Di."
March 25th, 2009
Heidi's_PaSSioNs ღ says:
"You can count on Di, she'll be one of the first ones there to comment on something new in your Stream. Don't know how she does it, but I hope she feels as good at receiving, as she is at GIVING, giving support to her friends, and giving us visual delights! The rewards of a giving nature will be many for her. That's my wish for her. She deserves our best, back towards her. Like you alot Di !! A Friend Always !"
March 13th, 2009
"all I can say is why have I left it so long to let the world know about this ladies wonderful warmth and spirit that shines out of all her images...great souls can not be hidden in the creative process...the light of the spirit screams out through Di's images and she is also a great friend and humanitarian...she has a great depth of wisdom and knowledge...thanks to flickr...I have met some very wonderful humans...and I am so much richer because of their generosity of spirit and mind..."
February 16th, 2009
"First of all Di, I would like to THANK YOU for helping so selflessly, I appreciate it a lot. It's always a joy to see your new photos uploaded.
Beside that Di has also been such an inpiration to all that visits her photostream, and I'm happy for your success on Explore, very well done!!
I"m looking forward to see more of your great work in future and thanks for showering us with endless inpirations!"
December 19th, 2008
"Di is one of my favourite photographers. Her eye for light, her capacity to turn the most ordinary subject into something evocative and beautiful never ceases to amaze me. Her breadth of subject matter, her ability to make great pictures out of anything from sweeping landscapes to dogs on the beach to a pair of sheep is incredible. I always look forward to her posts - I know they will be a feast for my eyes! And she is a great Flickr friend - always encouraging, always there with a warm comment. I'm privileged that she is one of my contacts and that she takes so much time to look at my photographs!"
October 31st, 2008
Jocelyn Y Bishop says:
"Di Northey is not only a wonderful photographer, she is also a great mentor! I first came across Di when I noticed her enthusiastic comments in one of my contacts page.
I took a look at her photostream and was astounded at the beauty of her pictures. She seems right at home in her beloved seaside environment and her seascapes are a joy to behold. Her love of place shines through every image.
Di has fostered many people and I can truthfully say that if it was not for Di I would not be adding my images to Flickr. Di has helped me improve my techniques and soothed the path for me and I am very grateful. My ambition is to be as good at photography as she is.
I have a lot of catching up to do!"
October 27th, 2008
"Di is a great photographer who constantly reminds me that it is more important to have fun when you are behind the lens than it is to get the perfect shot. Thanks so much for your support."
August 11th, 2008
"di has a very good eye when it comes to what makes a photo they are amazing and so colourfull and they hold the eye for ages you only have to check out her photos to see what i man brilliant photographer"
August 5th, 2008
"Di has a constantly changing visual vocabulary and her photos never fail to surprise!"
July 11th, 2008
- August 2006
- I am: