"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
I am aSunflower
What Flower Are You?
You Are a Sunflower
"When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."
Photos of di on the wallaby (4)
- in explore 651,913 photos, 58,525 members
- Tasmanian Buildings 604 photos, 30 members
- The Sunshine Group (by invitaton) post 1/award 2 37,035 photos, 1,989 members
- Parting Shots 1,056 photos, 609 members
- Australian Geographic 26,660 photos, 1,258 members
- Excellent Image (Admin Invite Only) ( P1/C3) 216 photos, 29 members
- Two by Two... 26,336 photos, 1,366 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 87,265 photos, 4,612 members
- Great Railway Journeys in Australia 419 photos, 50 members
- Flora and Fauna of Tasmania 2,346 photos, 67 members
- The Beauty of Trees 2,339 photos, 91 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,925 photos, 22,050 members
- Honeyeaters, Flycatchers, Thrushes 1,308 photos, 105 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist - 5,000 members, thank you!!! 56,372 photos, 5,018 members
- Universal Arts 46,927 photos, 1,093 members
- Project Weather 644,335 photos, 93,831 members
- Cloud Junkie 451,211 photos, 45,667 members
- nATUrE cAsTIng ShADoWS & RefLECTioNs! 4,357 photos, 372 members
- painting watercolors 48,303 photos, 2,588 members
- Landscapes - Non Photographic 17,286 photos, 982 members
- watercolor artists of the world 21,022 photos, 765 members
- Watercolour 69,327 photos, 3,600 members
- ! * The Beauty of Nature/NO people!! NO single buildings! P1/C2 367,554 photos, 9,444 members
- Australian Animals 4,550 photos, 255 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,702 photos, 218 members
- Nigella or "Love in the Mist" 241 photos, 68 members
- The Beauty of Rock 1,842 photos, 207 members
- Nature's Patterns 14,890 photos, 400 members
- artland 993,298 photos, 40,489 members
- The Beauty of Grasses 2,103 photos, 448 members
- *Feathers & Beaks* P1 - A3 66,138 photos, 2,382 members
- Beautiful, Just Beautiful (P1/C1) 50,676 photos, 955 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 11,764 photos, 351 members
- *REFLECTIONS* 70,925 photos, 11,599 members
- Historic Australia 1788-1901 13,328 photos, 337 members
- Mühlen (Mills) 12,133 photos, 2,252 members
- Old Mills Anywhere 6,564 photos, 888 members
- Photography Downunder 58,751 photos, 807 members
- Terrible Terriers 8,258 photos, 291 members
- Australian Photographers!!!! 454,081 photos, 8,537 members
- Australia All Over 69,262 photos, 3,041 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,499,065 photos, 56,227 members
- All Things Moon 12,826 photos, 1,335 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 94,593 photos, 14,548 members
- MOON Shots 124,101 photos, 25,398 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 42,880 photos, 9,219 members
- Sofala, NSW 241 photos, 34 members
- ABCTV Weather 22,371 photos, 1,279 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 45,930 photos, 670 members
- "Double Dragon Awards" Post 1 Comment 3 SWEEPER!! 847,479 photos, 28,994 members
"Di's eye for a beautiful image is second to none. Her photography is wonderful and inspiring. She is also such a friendly contact, whose comments I always look out for."
June 17th, 2009
"Just a great Flickr friend, feel like I have known you for years. Di you never disappoint with your unique style of captures, always different, always superb, from the wonderful Giles to a simple pink feather, keep them coming Di."
March 25th, 2009
Heidi's_PaSSioNs ღ says:
"You can count on Di, she'll be one of the first ones there to comment on something new in your Stream. Don't know how she does it, but I hope she feels as good at receiving, as she is at GIVING, giving support to her friends, and giving us visual delights! The rewards of a giving nature will be many for her. That's my wish for her. She deserves our best, back towards her. Like you alot Di !! A Friend Always !"
March 13th, 2009
"all I can say is why have I left it so long to let the world know about this ladies wonderful warmth and spirit that shines out of all her images...great souls can not be hidden in the creative process...the light of the spirit screams out through Di's images and she is also a great friend and humanitarian...she has a great depth of wisdom and knowledge...thanks to flickr...I have met some very wonderful humans...and I am so much richer because of their generosity of spirit and mind..."
February 16th, 2009
"First of all Di, I would like to THANK YOU for helping so selflessly, I appreciate it a lot. It's always a joy to see your new photos uploaded.
Beside that Di has also been such an inpiration to all that visits her photostream, and I'm happy for your success on Explore, very well done!!
I"m looking forward to see more of your great work in future and thanks for showering us with endless inpirations!"
December 19th, 2008
"Di is one of my favourite photographers. Her eye for light, her capacity to turn the most ordinary subject into something evocative and beautiful never ceases to amaze me. Her breadth of subject matter, her ability to make great pictures out of anything from sweeping landscapes to dogs on the beach to a pair of sheep is incredible. I always look forward to her posts - I know they will be a feast for my eyes! And she is a great Flickr friend - always encouraging, always there with a warm comment. I'm privileged that she is one of my contacts and that she takes so much time to look at my photographs!"
October 31st, 2008
Jocelyn Y Bishop says:
"Di Northey is not only a wonderful photographer, she is also a great mentor! I first came across Di when I noticed her enthusiastic comments in one of my contacts page.
I took a look at her photostream and was astounded at the beauty of her pictures. She seems right at home in her beloved seaside environment and her seascapes are a joy to behold. Her love of place shines through every image.
Di has fostered many people and I can truthfully say that if it was not for Di I would not be adding my images to Flickr. Di has helped me improve my techniques and soothed the path for me and I am very grateful. My ambition is to be as good at photography as she is.
I have a lot of catching up to do!"
October 27th, 2008
"Di is a great photographer who constantly reminds me that it is more important to have fun when you are behind the lens than it is to get the perfect shot. Thanks so much for your support."
August 11th, 2008
"di has a very good eye when it comes to what makes a photo they are amazing and so colourfull and they hold the eye for ages you only have to check out her photos to see what i man brilliant photographer"
August 5th, 2008
"Di has a constantly changing visual vocabulary and her photos never fail to surprise!"
July 11th, 2008
- August 2006
- I am: