"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
I am aSunflower
What Flower Are You?
You Are a Sunflower
"When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."
Photos of di on the wallaby (4)
- in explore 735,409 photos, 65,234 members
- Tasmanian Buildings 777 photos, 39 members
- The Sunshine Group (by invitaton) post 1/award 2 39,592 photos, 2,046 members
- Parting Shots 1,098 photos, 627 members
- Australian Geographic 30,656 photos, 1,339 members
- Two by Two... 27,864 photos, 1,414 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 97,368 photos, 4,667 members
- Great Railway Journeys in Australia 447 photos, 52 members
- Flora and Fauna of Tasmania 2,782 photos, 75 members
- The Beauty of Trees 2,395 photos, 94 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,162 photos, 22,123 members
- Honeyeaters, Flycatchers, Thrushes 1,403 photos, 108 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 60,854 photos, 5,444 members
- Universal Arts 53,445 photos, 1,155 members
- Project Weather 640,638 photos, 94,092 members
- Cloud Junkie 475,885 photos, 46,648 members
- nATUrE cAsTIng ShADoWS & RefLECTioNs! 4,680 photos, 381 members
- painting watercolors 50,763 photos, 2,638 members
- Landscapes - Non Photographic 18,176 photos, 1,018 members
- watercolor artists of the world 22,314 photos, 804 members
- Watercolour 71,754 photos, 3,654 members
- ! * The Beauty of Nature/NO people!! NO single buildings! P1/C2 421,323 photos, 10,118 members
- Australian Animals 5,229 photos, 266 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,702 photos, 219 members
- Nigella or "Love in the Mist" 244 photos, 69 members
- The Beauty of Rock 1,994 photos, 219 members
- Nature's Patterns 16,100 photos, 420 members
- artland 1,064,050 photos, 41,422 members
- The Beauty of Grasses 2,236 photos, 484 members
- *Feathers & Beaks* P1 - A3 69,760 photos, 2,434 members
- Beautiful, Just Beautiful (P1/C1) 56,883 photos, 998 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 12,226 photos, 371 members
- *REFLECTIONS* 70,388 photos, 11,759 members
- Historic Australia 1788-1901 13,646 photos, 342 members
- Mühlen (Mills) 12,676 photos, 2,272 members
- Old Mills Anywhere 7,001 photos, 922 members
- Photography Downunder 65,000 photos, 839 members
- Terrible Terriers 8,323 photos, 294 members
- Australian Photographers!!!! 472,555 photos, 8,664 members
- Australia All Over 76,850 photos, 3,193 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,610,026 photos, 60,273 members
- All Things Moon 13,527 photos, 1,381 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 94,170 photos, 14,734 members
- MOON Shots 129,242 photos, 25,896 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 47,080 photos, 9,902 members
- Sofala, NSW 242 photos, 39 members
- ABCTV Weather 24,042 photos, 1,316 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 47,698 photos, 686 members
- "Double Dragon Awards" Post 1 Comment 3 SWEEPER!! 840,769 photos, 28,934 members
- The Nature's Soul ELITE~Invite ONLY, P1/C2 5,332 photos, 585 members
"Di's eye for a beautiful image is second to none. Her photography is wonderful and inspiring. She is also such a friendly contact, whose comments I always look out for."
June 17th, 2009
"Just a great Flickr friend, feel like I have known you for years. Di you never disappoint with your unique style of captures, always different, always superb, from the wonderful Giles to a simple pink feather, keep them coming Di."
March 25th, 2009
Heidi's_PaSSioNs ღ says:
"You can count on Di, she'll be one of the first ones there to comment on something new in your Stream. Don't know how she does it, but I hope she feels as good at receiving, as she is at GIVING, giving support to her friends, and giving us visual delights! The rewards of a giving nature will be many for her. That's my wish for her. She deserves our best, back towards her. Like you alot Di !! A Friend Always !"
March 13th, 2009
"all I can say is why have I left it so long to let the world know about this ladies wonderful warmth and spirit that shines out of all her images...great souls can not be hidden in the creative process...the light of the spirit screams out through Di's images and she is also a great friend and humanitarian...she has a great depth of wisdom and knowledge...thanks to flickr...I have met some very wonderful humans...and I am so much richer because of their generosity of spirit and mind..."
February 16th, 2009
"First of all Di, I would like to THANK YOU for helping so selflessly, I appreciate it a lot. It's always a joy to see your new photos uploaded.
Beside that Di has also been such an inpiration to all that visits her photostream, and I'm happy for your success on Explore, very well done!!
I"m looking forward to see more of your great work in future and thanks for showering us with endless inpirations!"
December 19th, 2008
"Di is one of my favourite photographers. Her eye for light, her capacity to turn the most ordinary subject into something evocative and beautiful never ceases to amaze me. Her breadth of subject matter, her ability to make great pictures out of anything from sweeping landscapes to dogs on the beach to a pair of sheep is incredible. I always look forward to her posts - I know they will be a feast for my eyes! And she is a great Flickr friend - always encouraging, always there with a warm comment. I'm privileged that she is one of my contacts and that she takes so much time to look at my photographs!"
October 31st, 2008
Jocelyn Y Bishop says:
"Di Northey is not only a wonderful photographer, she is also a great mentor! I first came across Di when I noticed her enthusiastic comments in one of my contacts page.
I took a look at her photostream and was astounded at the beauty of her pictures. She seems right at home in her beloved seaside environment and her seascapes are a joy to behold. Her love of place shines through every image.
Di has fostered many people and I can truthfully say that if it was not for Di I would not be adding my images to Flickr. Di has helped me improve my techniques and soothed the path for me and I am very grateful. My ambition is to be as good at photography as she is.
I have a lot of catching up to do!"
October 27th, 2008
"Di is a great photographer who constantly reminds me that it is more important to have fun when you are behind the lens than it is to get the perfect shot. Thanks so much for your support."
August 11th, 2008
"di has a very good eye when it comes to what makes a photo they are amazing and so colourfull and they hold the eye for ages you only have to check out her photos to see what i man brilliant photographer"
August 5th, 2008
"Di has a constantly changing visual vocabulary and her photos never fail to surprise!"
July 11th, 2008
- August 2006
- I am: