"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
I am aSunflower
What Flower Are You?
You Are a Sunflower
"When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."
Photos of di off the wallaby (4)
- The Sunshine Group (by invitaton) post 1/award 2 31,265 photos, 1,899 members
- Parting Shots 928 photos, 558 members
- Australian Geographic 19,494 photos, 1,081 members
- Excellent Image (Admin Invite Only) ( P1/C3) 185 photos, 27 members
- Two by Two... 22,461 photos, 1,152 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 69,173 photos, 4,472 members
- Great Railway Journeys in Australia 308 photos, 37 members
- Flora and Fauna of Tasmania 1,730 photos, 53 members
- The Beauty of Trees 2,193 photos, 87 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,398 photos, 21,570 members
- Honeyeaters, Flycatchers, Thrushes 1,229 photos, 90 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 48,043 photos, 4,164 members
- Universal Arts 35,991 photos, 965 members
- Project Weather 634,795 photos, 90,686 members
- Cloud Junkie 395,892 photos, 40,713 members
- nATUrE cAsTIng ShADoWS & RefLECTioNs! 4,470 photos, 357 members
- painting watercolors 43,670 photos, 2,455 members
- Landscapes - Non Photographic 15,356 photos, 912 members
- watercolor artists of the world 18,651 photos, 706 members
- Watercolour 64,271 photos, 3,479 members
- ! * The Beauty of Nature/NO people!! NO single buildings! P1/C2 267,880 photos, 7,939 members
- Australian Animals 3,389 photos, 230 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,718 photos, 212 members
- Nigella or "Love in the Mist" 230 photos, 65 members
- The Beauty of Rock 1,630 photos, 172 members
- Nature's Patterns 12,083 photos, 350 members
- artland 857,428 photos, 38,410 members
- The Beauty of Grasses 1,853 photos, 378 members
- " Damn Cool Photographers in the WORLD " .♥.♥.♥ 436,386 photos, 8,302 members
- *Feathers & Beaks* P1 - A3 56,393 photos, 2,223 members
- Beautiful, Just Beautiful (P1/C1) 39,406 photos, 864 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 9,980 photos, 320 members
- *REFLECTIONS* 71,457 photos, 11,337 members
- Historic Australia 1788-1901 11,797 photos, 315 members
- Mühlen (Mills) 11,403 photos, 2,195 members
- Old Mills Anywhere 6,030 photos, 825 members
- Photography Downunder 46,495 photos, 699 members
- Terrible Terriers 8,104 photos, 286 members
- Australian Photographers!!!! 415,227 photos, 8,177 members
- Australia All Over 54,199 photos, 2,678 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,349,362 photos, 50,845 members
- All Things Moon 11,892 photos, 1,282 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 95,136 photos, 14,116 members
- MOON Shots 117,580 photos, 24,656 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 36,879 photos, 8,254 members
- Sofala, NSW 247 photos, 42 members
- ABCTV Weather 19,005 photos, 1,210 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 42,109 photos, 616 members
- "Double Dragon Awards" Post 1 Comment 3 SWEEPER!! 936,015 photos, 29,844 members
- The Nature's Soul ELITE~Invite ONLY, P1/C2 5,229 photos, 599 members
"Di's eye for a beautiful image is second to none. Her photography is wonderful and inspiring. She is also such a friendly contact, whose comments I always look out for."
June 17th, 2009
"Just a great Flickr friend, feel like I have known you for years. Di you never disappoint with your unique style of captures, always different, always superb, from the wonderful Giles to a simple pink feather, keep them coming Di."
March 25th, 2009
Heidi's_PaSSioNs ღ says:
"You can count on Di, she'll be one of the first ones there to comment on something new in your Stream. Don't know how she does it, but I hope she feels as good at receiving, as she is at GIVING, giving support to her friends, and giving us visual delights! The rewards of a giving nature will be many for her. That's my wish for her. She deserves our best, back towards her. Like you alot Di !! A Friend Always !"
March 13th, 2009
"all I can say is why have I left it so long to let the world know about this ladies wonderful warmth and spirit that shines out of all her images...great souls can not be hidden in the creative process...the light of the spirit screams out through Di's images and she is also a great friend and humanitarian...she has a great depth of wisdom and knowledge...thanks to flickr...I have met some very wonderful humans...and I am so much richer because of their generosity of spirit and mind..."
February 16th, 2009
"First of all Di, I would like to THANK YOU for helping so selflessly, I appreciate it a lot. It's always a joy to see your new photos uploaded.
Beside that Di has also been such an inpiration to all that visits her photostream, and I'm happy for your success on Explore, very well done!!
I"m looking forward to see more of your great work in future and thanks for showering us with endless inpirations!"
December 19th, 2008
"Di is one of my favourite photographers. Her eye for light, her capacity to turn the most ordinary subject into something evocative and beautiful never ceases to amaze me. Her breadth of subject matter, her ability to make great pictures out of anything from sweeping landscapes to dogs on the beach to a pair of sheep is incredible. I always look forward to her posts - I know they will be a feast for my eyes! And she is a great Flickr friend - always encouraging, always there with a warm comment. I'm privileged that she is one of my contacts and that she takes so much time to look at my photographs!"
October 31st, 2008
Jocelyn Y Bishop says:
"Di Northey is not only a wonderful photographer, she is also a great mentor! I first came across Di when I noticed her enthusiastic comments in one of my contacts page.
I took a look at her photostream and was astounded at the beauty of her pictures. She seems right at home in her beloved seaside environment and her seascapes are a joy to behold. Her love of place shines through every image.
Di has fostered many people and I can truthfully say that if it was not for Di I would not be adding my images to Flickr. Di has helped me improve my techniques and soothed the path for me and I am very grateful. My ambition is to be as good at photography as she is.
I have a lot of catching up to do!"
October 27th, 2008
"Di is a great photographer who constantly reminds me that it is more important to have fun when you are behind the lens than it is to get the perfect shot. Thanks so much for your support."
August 11th, 2008
"di has a very good eye when it comes to what makes a photo they are amazing and so colourfull and they hold the eye for ages you only have to check out her photos to see what i man brilliant photographer"
August 5th, 2008
"Di has a constantly changing visual vocabulary and her photos never fail to surprise!"
July 11th, 2008
- August 2006
- I am: