"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
I am aSunflower
What Flower Are You?
You Are a Sunflower
"When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."
Photos of di off the wallaby (4)
- The Sunshine Group (by invitaton) post 1/award 2 30,455 photos, 1,885 members
- Parting Shots 923 photos, 556 members
- Australian Geographic 18,476 photos, 1,060 members
- Excellent Image (Admin Invite Only) ( P1/C3) 185 photos, 28 members
- Two by Two... 21,261 photos, 1,032 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 65,421 photos, 4,437 members
- Great Railway Journeys in Australia 297 photos, 35 members
- Flora and Fauna of Tasmania 1,656 photos, 50 members
- The Beauty of Trees 2,190 photos, 87 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,158 photos, 21,535 members
- Honeyeaters, Flycatchers, Thrushes 1,162 photos, 88 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 46,381 photos, 4,011 members
- Universal Arts 34,693 photos, 955 members
- Project Weather 624,496 photos, 89,042 members
- Cloud Junkie 386,589 photos, 39,633 members
- nATUrE cAsTIng ShADoWS & RefLECTioNs! 4,410 photos, 357 members
- painting watercolors 43,106 photos, 2,430 members
- Landscapes - Non Photographic 15,086 photos, 902 members
- watercolor artists of the world 18,257 photos, 701 members
- Watercolour 63,805 photos, 3,455 members
- ! * The Beauty of Nature/NO people!! NO single buildings! P1/C2 250,930 photos, 7,594 members
- Australian Animals 3,307 photos, 218 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,724 photos, 208 members
- Nigella or "Love in the Mist" 230 photos, 65 members
- The Beauty of Rock 1,598 photos, 167 members
- Nature's Patterns 11,759 photos, 347 members
- artland 833,992 photos, 37,954 members
- The Beauty of Grasses 1,795 photos, 365 members
- " Damn Cool Photographers in the WORLD " .♥.♥.♥ 423,750 photos, 8,195 members
- *Feathers & Beaks* P1 - A3 54,717 photos, 2,196 members
- Beautiful, Just Beautiful (P1/C1) 37,275 photos, 848 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 9,628 photos, 314 members
- *REFLECTIONS* 71,559 photos, 11,281 members
- Historic Australia 1788-1901 11,471 photos, 309 members
- Mühlen (Mills) 11,283 photos, 2,185 members
- Old Mills Anywhere 5,952 photos, 818 members
- Photography Downunder 44,868 photos, 681 members
- Terrible Terriers 8,061 photos, 285 members
- Australian Photographers!!!! 410,271 photos, 8,126 members
- Australia All Over 51,684 photos, 2,621 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,290,465 photos, 49,424 members
- All Things Moon 11,768 photos, 1,270 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 95,042 photos, 14,054 members
- MOON Shots 116,437 photos, 24,509 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 35,885 photos, 8,117 members
- Sofala, NSW 244 photos, 41 members
- ABCTV Weather 18,521 photos, 1,194 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 41,549 photos, 615 members
- "Double Dragon Awards" Post 1 Comment 3 SWEEPER!! 930,261 photos, 29,833 members
- The Nature's Soul ELITE~Invite ONLY, P1/C2 4,925 photos, 581 members
"Di's eye for a beautiful image is second to none. Her photography is wonderful and inspiring. She is also such a friendly contact, whose comments I always look out for."
June 17th, 2009
"Just a great Flickr friend, feel like I have known you for years. Di you never disappoint with your unique style of captures, always different, always superb, from the wonderful Giles to a simple pink feather, keep them coming Di."
March 25th, 2009
Heidi's_PaSSioNs ღ says:
"You can count on Di, she'll be one of the first ones there to comment on something new in your Stream. Don't know how she does it, but I hope she feels as good at receiving, as she is at GIVING, giving support to her friends, and giving us visual delights! The rewards of a giving nature will be many for her. That's my wish for her. She deserves our best, back towards her. Like you alot Di !! A Friend Always !"
March 13th, 2009
"all I can say is why have I left it so long to let the world know about this ladies wonderful warmth and spirit that shines out of all her images...great souls can not be hidden in the creative process...the light of the spirit screams out through Di's images and she is also a great friend and humanitarian...she has a great depth of wisdom and knowledge...thanks to flickr...I have met some very wonderful humans...and I am so much richer because of their generosity of spirit and mind..."
February 16th, 2009
"First of all Di, I would like to THANK YOU for helping so selflessly, I appreciate it a lot. It's always a joy to see your new photos uploaded.
Beside that Di has also been such an inpiration to all that visits her photostream, and I'm happy for your success on Explore, very well done!!
I"m looking forward to see more of your great work in future and thanks for showering us with endless inpirations!"
December 19th, 2008
"Di is one of my favourite photographers. Her eye for light, her capacity to turn the most ordinary subject into something evocative and beautiful never ceases to amaze me. Her breadth of subject matter, her ability to make great pictures out of anything from sweeping landscapes to dogs on the beach to a pair of sheep is incredible. I always look forward to her posts - I know they will be a feast for my eyes! And she is a great Flickr friend - always encouraging, always there with a warm comment. I'm privileged that she is one of my contacts and that she takes so much time to look at my photographs!"
October 31st, 2008
Jocelyn Y Bishop says:
"Di Northey is not only a wonderful photographer, she is also a great mentor! I first came across Di when I noticed her enthusiastic comments in one of my contacts page.
I took a look at her photostream and was astounded at the beauty of her pictures. She seems right at home in her beloved seaside environment and her seascapes are a joy to behold. Her love of place shines through every image.
Di has fostered many people and I can truthfully say that if it was not for Di I would not be adding my images to Flickr. Di has helped me improve my techniques and soothed the path for me and I am very grateful. My ambition is to be as good at photography as she is.
I have a lot of catching up to do!"
October 27th, 2008
"Di is a great photographer who constantly reminds me that it is more important to have fun when you are behind the lens than it is to get the perfect shot. Thanks so much for your support."
August 11th, 2008
"di has a very good eye when it comes to what makes a photo they are amazing and so colourfull and they hold the eye for ages you only have to check out her photos to see what i man brilliant photographer"
August 5th, 2008
"Di has a constantly changing visual vocabulary and her photos never fail to surprise!"
July 11th, 2008
- August 2006
- I am: