"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
I am aSunflower
What Flower Are You?
You Are a Sunflower
"When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."
Photos of di off the wallaby (5)
- Parting Shots 882 photos, 535 members
- Australian Geographic 13,055 photos, 879 members
- Excellent Image (Admin Invite Only) ( P1/C3) 46 photos, 14 members
- Two by Two... 18,929 photos, 905 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 43,194 photos, 3,955 members
- Great Railway Journeys in Australia 275 photos, 30 members
- Flora and Fauna of Tasmania 902 photos, 37 members
- The Beauty of Trees 2,178 photos, 86 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 114,780 photos, 21,615 members
- Honeyeaters, Flycatchers, Thrushes 1,051 photos, 77 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 39,366 photos, 3,415 members
- Universal Arts 27,048 photos, 879 members
- Project Weather 439,994 photos, 75,541 members
- Cloud Junkie 348,487 photos, 33,782 members
- nATUrE cAsTIng ShADoWS & RefLECTioNs! 3,591 photos, 352 members
- painting watercolors 39,183 photos, 2,331 members
- Landscapes - Non Photographic 14,216 photos, 876 members
- watercolor artists of the world 16,573 photos, 648 members
- Watercolour 60,603 photos, 3,368 members
- ! * The Beauty of Nature/NO people/ NO single buildings! P1/A2 186,552 photos, 6,072 members
- Australian Animals 2,714 photos, 189 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,152 photos, 204 members
- Nigella or "Love in the Mist" 224 photos, 64 members
- The Beauty of Rock 1,418 photos, 148 members
- Nature's Patterns 9,778 photos, 302 members
- artland 738,578 photos, 35,086 members
- The Beauty of Grasses 1,563 photos, 306 members
- " Damn Cool Photographers in the WORLD " .♥.♥.♥ 368,613 photos, 7,724 members
- *Feathers & Beaks* P1 - A3 47,726 photos, 2,082 members
- Beautiful, Just Beautiful (P1/C1) 28,953 photos, 705 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 8,454 photos, 285 members
- *REFLECTIONS* 72,084 photos, 11,041 members
- Historic Australia 1788-1901 10,434 photos, 294 members
- Mühlen (Mills) 10,650 photos, 2,134 members
- Old Mills Anywhere 5,633 photos, 785 members
- Photography Downunder 37,548 photos, 617 members
- Terrible Terriers 7,849 photos, 277 members
- Australian Photographers!!!! 384,796 photos, 7,790 members
- Australia All Over 41,324 photos, 2,267 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,071,727 photos, 43,255 members
- All Things Moon 10,908 photos, 1,214 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 91,557 photos, 13,439 members
- MOON Shots 108,374 photos, 23,453 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 29,438 photos, 6,954 members
- Sofala, NSW 245 photos, 31 members
- ABCTV Weather 15,943 photos, 1,130 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 38,652 photos, 568 members
- "Double Dragon Awards" Post 1 Comment 3 SWEEPER!! 911,810 photos, 29,607 members
- The Nature's Soul ELITE~Invite ONLY, P1/C2 4,161 photos, 529 members
- Green Leaf 993 photos, 127 members
"Di's eye for a beautiful image is second to none. Her photography is wonderful and inspiring. She is also such a friendly contact, whose comments I always look out for."
June 17th, 2009
"Just a great Flickr friend, feel like I have known you for years. Di you never disappoint with your unique style of captures, always different, always superb, from the wonderful Giles to a simple pink feather, keep them coming Di."
March 25th, 2009
Heidi's_PaSSioNs ღ says:
"You can count on Di, she'll be one of the first ones there to comment on something new in your Stream. Don't know how she does it, but I hope she feels as good at receiving, as she is at GIVING, giving support to her friends, and giving us visual delights! The rewards of a giving nature will be many for her. That's my wish for her. She deserves our best, back towards her. Like you alot Di !! A Friend Always !"
March 13th, 2009
"all I can say is why have I left it so long to let the world know about this ladies wonderful warmth and spirit that shines out of all her images...great souls can not be hidden in the creative process...the light of the spirit screams out through Di's images and she is also a great friend and humanitarian...she has a great depth of wisdom and knowledge...thanks to flickr...I have met some very wonderful humans...and I am so much richer because of their generosity of spirit and mind..."
February 16th, 2009
"First of all Di, I would like to THANK YOU for helping so selflessly, I appreciate it a lot. It's always a joy to see your new photos uploaded.
Beside that Di has also been such an inpiration to all that visits her photostream, and I'm happy for your success on Explore, very well done!!
I"m looking forward to see more of your great work in future and thanks for showering us with endless inpirations!"
December 19th, 2008
"Di is one of my favourite photographers. Her eye for light, her capacity to turn the most ordinary subject into something evocative and beautiful never ceases to amaze me. Her breadth of subject matter, her ability to make great pictures out of anything from sweeping landscapes to dogs on the beach to a pair of sheep is incredible. I always look forward to her posts - I know they will be a feast for my eyes! And she is a great Flickr friend - always encouraging, always there with a warm comment. I'm privileged that she is one of my contacts and that she takes so much time to look at my photographs!"
October 31st, 2008
Jocelyn Y Bishop says:
"Di Northey is not only a wonderful photographer, she is also a great mentor! I first came across Di when I noticed her enthusiastic comments in one of my contacts page.
I took a look at her photostream and was astounded at the beauty of her pictures. She seems right at home in her beloved seaside environment and her seascapes are a joy to behold. Her love of place shines through every image.
Di has fostered many people and I can truthfully say that if it was not for Di I would not be adding my images to Flickr. Di has helped me improve my techniques and soothed the path for me and I am very grateful. My ambition is to be as good at photography as she is.
I have a lot of catching up to do!"
October 27th, 2008
"Di is a great photographer who constantly reminds me that it is more important to have fun when you are behind the lens than it is to get the perfect shot. Thanks so much for your support."
August 11th, 2008
"di has a very good eye when it comes to what makes a photo they are amazing and so colourfull and they hold the eye for ages you only have to check out her photos to see what i man brilliant photographer"
August 5th, 2008
J. C. Merriman says:
"Di has a constantly changing visual vocabulary and her photos never fail to surprise!"
July 11th, 2008
- August 2006
- I am: