"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."
I am aSunflower
What Flower Are You?
You Are a Sunflower
"When your friends think smile, they think of you. There is not a day that goes by that you can't find something good about the world and your fellow human."
Photos of di on the wallaby (4)
- in explore 685,588 photos, 61,000 members
- Tasmanian Buildings 694 photos, 34 members
- The Sunshine Group (by invitaton) post 1/award 2 38,485 photos, 2,006 members
- Parting Shots 1,063 photos, 618 members
- Australian Geographic 28,372 photos, 1,294 members
- Excellent Image (Admin Invite Only) ( P1/C3) 223 photos, 28 members
- Two by Two... 26,935 photos, 1,377 members
- RUNNING LANDSCAPES 91,396 photos, 4,634 members
- Great Railway Journeys in Australia 425 photos, 51 members
- Flora and Fauna of Tasmania 2,434 photos, 69 members
- The Beauty of Trees 2,353 photos, 93 members
- Flickr Diamond - Invited Photos ONLY 115,171 photos, 22,084 members
- Honeyeaters, Flycatchers, Thrushes 1,367 photos, 107 members
- Nature as Abstract Artist 58,004 photos, 5,153 members
- Universal Arts 49,409 photos, 1,119 members
- Project Weather 643,423 photos, 93,964 members
- Cloud Junkie 462,389 photos, 46,118 members
- nATUrE cAsTIng ShADoWS & RefLECTioNs! 4,483 photos, 375 members
- painting watercolors 49,335 photos, 2,606 members
- Landscapes - Non Photographic 17,885 photos, 992 members
- watercolor artists of the world 21,606 photos, 784 members
- Watercolour 70,448 photos, 3,624 members
- ! * The Beauty of Nature/NO people!! NO single buildings! P1/C2 389,487 photos, 9,737 members
- Australian Animals 4,796 photos, 259 members
- Australian Native Flora and Fauna 16,702 photos, 219 members
- Nigella or "Love in the Mist" 241 photos, 69 members
- The Beauty of Rock 1,910 photos, 214 members
- Nature's Patterns 15,616 photos, 410 members
- artland 1,022,865 photos, 40,750 members
- The Beauty of Grasses 2,165 photos, 465 members
- *Feathers & Beaks* P1 - A3 67,331 photos, 2,391 members
- Beautiful, Just Beautiful (P1/C1) 53,371 photos, 983 members
- Field Guide to the Birds of Aus 12,039 photos, 358 members
- *REFLECTIONS* 70,806 photos, 11,662 members
- Historic Australia 1788-1901 13,468 photos, 338 members
- Mühlen (Mills) 12,375 photos, 2,262 members
- Old Mills Anywhere 6,711 photos, 900 members
- Photography Downunder 61,212 photos, 821 members
- Terrible Terriers 8,299 photos, 292 members
- Australian Photographers!!!! 461,180 photos, 8,575 members
- Australia All Over 72,213 photos, 3,094 members
- Landscape Beauty ! 1,541,893 photos, 57,582 members
- All Things Moon 13,051 photos, 1,344 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 94,457 photos, 14,646 members
- MOON Shots 125,710 photos, 25,549 members
- Moon Full or otherwise 44,253 photos, 9,408 members
- Sofala, NSW 242 photos, 36 members
- ABCTV Weather 23,013 photos, 1,292 members
- @Macromavens.... close-up, everyday... 46,756 photos, 677 members
- "Double Dragon Awards" Post 1 Comment 3 SWEEPER!! 845,074 photos, 28,958 members
"Di's eye for a beautiful image is second to none. Her photography is wonderful and inspiring. She is also such a friendly contact, whose comments I always look out for."
June 17th, 2009
"Just a great Flickr friend, feel like I have known you for years. Di you never disappoint with your unique style of captures, always different, always superb, from the wonderful Giles to a simple pink feather, keep them coming Di."
March 25th, 2009
Heidi's_PaSSioNs ღ says:
"You can count on Di, she'll be one of the first ones there to comment on something new in your Stream. Don't know how she does it, but I hope she feels as good at receiving, as she is at GIVING, giving support to her friends, and giving us visual delights! The rewards of a giving nature will be many for her. That's my wish for her. She deserves our best, back towards her. Like you alot Di !! A Friend Always !"
March 13th, 2009
"all I can say is why have I left it so long to let the world know about this ladies wonderful warmth and spirit that shines out of all her images...great souls can not be hidden in the creative process...the light of the spirit screams out through Di's images and she is also a great friend and humanitarian...she has a great depth of wisdom and knowledge...thanks to flickr...I have met some very wonderful humans...and I am so much richer because of their generosity of spirit and mind..."
February 16th, 2009
"First of all Di, I would like to THANK YOU for helping so selflessly, I appreciate it a lot. It's always a joy to see your new photos uploaded.
Beside that Di has also been such an inpiration to all that visits her photostream, and I'm happy for your success on Explore, very well done!!
I"m looking forward to see more of your great work in future and thanks for showering us with endless inpirations!"
December 19th, 2008
"Di is one of my favourite photographers. Her eye for light, her capacity to turn the most ordinary subject into something evocative and beautiful never ceases to amaze me. Her breadth of subject matter, her ability to make great pictures out of anything from sweeping landscapes to dogs on the beach to a pair of sheep is incredible. I always look forward to her posts - I know they will be a feast for my eyes! And she is a great Flickr friend - always encouraging, always there with a warm comment. I'm privileged that she is one of my contacts and that she takes so much time to look at my photographs!"
October 31st, 2008
Jocelyn Y Bishop says:
"Di Northey is not only a wonderful photographer, she is also a great mentor! I first came across Di when I noticed her enthusiastic comments in one of my contacts page.
I took a look at her photostream and was astounded at the beauty of her pictures. She seems right at home in her beloved seaside environment and her seascapes are a joy to behold. Her love of place shines through every image.
Di has fostered many people and I can truthfully say that if it was not for Di I would not be adding my images to Flickr. Di has helped me improve my techniques and soothed the path for me and I am very grateful. My ambition is to be as good at photography as she is.
I have a lot of catching up to do!"
October 27th, 2008
"Di is a great photographer who constantly reminds me that it is more important to have fun when you are behind the lens than it is to get the perfect shot. Thanks so much for your support."
August 11th, 2008
"di has a very good eye when it comes to what makes a photo they are amazing and so colourfull and they hold the eye for ages you only have to check out her photos to see what i man brilliant photographer"
August 5th, 2008
"Di has a constantly changing visual vocabulary and her photos never fail to surprise!"
July 11th, 2008
- August 2006
- I am: