Graduated from the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA, with Honors, in 1995. Majored in Photography. A veteran of the photo-finishing business for 15 years. While living in Maui, HI, was a professional sailboarder. Currently working at Blue Sky Studios as a Materials TD. Has 2 children: Calafia age 10, and Ocean age 8.
Represented by Getty Images
Prints of images are available.
Please contact me for more details.
visited 18 states (36%)Create your own visited map of The United States
the onion face paint project:
The Finger Family
My Film Credits
- Frame It! ~Level 01~ (P1/A5) 193,765 photos, 6,067 members
- LifePixel IR / Kolari Vision - Infrared Converted Camera Group 5,645 photos, 272 members
- gm world on flicker 37 photos, 2 members
- subabran, tohoe, yocan, silvarodo, searia, 0 photos, 2 members
- Auto Focus Level 1 (P1-C5) (No Group Limit) 339,029 photos, 10,208 members
- *Artist of the Year*~L3 Platinum Hall of Fame ~Invite Only 59,521 photos, 6,186 members
- Power / Sail Yachts 940 photos, 35 members
- Super Yachts 6,461 photos, 1,004 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series 581,065 photos, 21,125 members
- The Art of True Tone Mapping 60 photos, 49 members
- °PERFECT HDR° 4,880 photos, 136 members
- ♥♥♥♥0UTSIDE♥♥♥♥ 46,627 photos, 2,021 members
- Nissan Skylines 13,658 photos, 1,897 members
- Nissan Skyline GTR 3,786 photos, 594 members
- NYC Now ! 1,057 photos, 29 members
- Freedom Tower 3,451 photos, 287 members
- ON1 57,578 photos, 2,252 members
- Nik Software Photo Share 291,105 photos, 7,864 members
- Infrared (IR) Creativity (Post 1 - Optional Awards) 11,768 photos, 802 members
- The Light Fantastic 2,235,293 photos, 72,105 members
- Vermeer Pearls.. (P1/A2) 118,515 photos, 4,347 members
- stitch⋯o⋯rama 913 photos, 80 members
- in explore 1,049,553 photos, 85,402 members
- 911 Memorials 3,300 photos, 322 members
- 911 We Will Never Forget 463 photos, 125 members
- The Pinnacle - CLOSED - Thank you for the good times 7,731 photos, 853 members
- Norwegian Breakaway 941 photos, 88 members
- Flickr Friday 40,976 photos, 41,542 members
- FISHEYE CLUB :: 16 mm or wider 38,113 photos, 2,739 members
- Lilac Photo Magazine 7,833 photos, 298 members
- Just Hammonasset (no 30/60 limit) 3,557 photos, 135 members
- Autostitch Paradise 699 photos, 95 members
- Stitching (im)perfections 1,091 photos, 101 members
- Stitched but no panoramas 5,172 photos, 1,055 members
- The Lords of Photo-Stitching 9,286 photos, 943 members
- Views 100 000 103 photos, 124 members
- 100 000 views 392 photos, 165 members
- Film Look On Digital 39,476 photos, 1,367 members
- Photomerge 4,353 photos, 441 members
- Winter Storm Nemo 172 photos, 27 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,670 photos, 6,111 members
- We Have the Munchies 17,429 photos, 339 members
- Soho New York 2,808 photos, 346 members
- L1* La passion de l'image (P1 A3 Sweeper) 121,629 photos, 4,144 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,602,449 photos, 119,779 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 425,108 photos, 17,186 members
- Colossal Flickr Pool 30,558 photos, 1,382 members
- iphoneographyCentral 133,845 photos, 2,472 members
- →Group wi†h Ҽxperience⏎ 3,877,978 photos, 549,791 members
- Percolator 4,467 photos, 807 members
"Great Photographer :D"
August 21st, 2010
"A master portrait artist, Travis’s training at the Art Center shines through, because he takes photos as if he were a painter. Kudos on your ever-expanding collecting of fine art photography.
Author of 25 Lessons I’ve Learned about Photography,
the #1 Photo Essay and Artist Biography on Amazon.com for 2010!
November 3rd, 2010
"Etravus was one of my very first contacts here on Flick r...and to this day remains as one of few that I see continue to evolve as one of today's most talented photographers.
I only wish I had half of his talent, then perhaps I would be working at the Dream Factory as well.
Keep On Keep On Etravus!"
April 21st, 2008
acidic fairies says:
"What is there to say about Etravus...? His profile contains many of my fave Flickr photos, and he has helped me become a better picture taker."
July 22nd, 2007
Jan Kratochvil says:
"Etravus is one of my inspirations how to make an impressive photography. Thank you"
April 4th, 2007
"He's is in the top five percent of excellent photographers on Flicker. Consistantly good.
I hate you ;-)"
February 19th, 2007
necessary offer says:
"This will take me months to see each picture - but I want to!
January 23rd, 2007
Mary Nevtrav says:
"A very interesting set of photographs. You are an excellent photographer with a keen eye for detail and at capturing emotions."
January 19th, 2007
"I would have to say that etravus has never disappointed my eye for the interesting or the beautiful even in things we might consider mundane. For me this is the sign of a master. More recently I have been admiring his portraits and photos of children. These are all delightful. Again his keen eye brings out the best in everything or everyone he points his lense at. Keep it up etravus."
December 12th, 2006
jussara felix says:
December 4th, 2006
"well... with such advanced equipment and extraordinary talent you have I am not surprised to find these professional photos in your flickr ... good luck."
October 27th, 2006
Schwimmclub Regensburg says:
I just started to use flickr for our homepage us as media to share photos. The photos are from different parents or relatives of the members of the swiming club. I hope i don`t forget to mention the fotographer himself. I visited your photos and they are very nice!
Walter from Regensburg Bavaria Germany
If you don`t understand German:
schön anzusehen is translated into Englisch "beautiful to look at"
and that describes your photos well!"
October 23rd, 2006
Gustavo Muleey says:
"Maravillosas fotos, estupendos lugares . gracias por compartir tus fotos ;)"
October 18th, 2006
"You add me as a contact and i decide to take a look to your photostream. and... i forget about all - work, coffee, cigarettes, collegues, who was asking something and tryed to get my attention... i feel like i`m in another World - World of your photos. World of emotions and passions. Wish to add biggest part of your photos to fave`s... great photos, great moments and a lot of emotions. life photos. Thank you for sharing them with us! Anna"
October 18th, 2006
Jair Ribeiro BR says:
"I'd never write a testimonial before, so I'm not good on that. bu anyway.. I want to say that your photos (all of them) are simply amazing... It inspire me a lot... Great work here.. a lot of things to learn..
October 18th, 2006
"Every single time I look at his photo's I am in awe. He seems to capture the intense essence of photography that I strive to capture. I love his shots of in the moment speech and the look in peoples eyes-- or their hand emotions. Just amazing he is! Cannot wait to continue to see more of his works!! Thank you for such inspirational photography!"
September 14th, 2006
"he captures light wonderfully...i love his portraits of his beautiful family...he turns everyday objects into wonderful pictures..."
September 6th, 2006
distinct knot says:
"It appears etravus has an unspoken bond with light. He can feel that natrual flow, and he can reach out and catch it with his shutter in a way that seems so real, so normal, yet at the same exact time truly spectacular. etravus takes what we see, we being the common people of Earth, and transforms it into his own work of art. His photos are truly paintings of light and natural beauty. There is nothing artificial or forced in this man's work. And in that respect, etravus shows a brilliance and an absolute understanding of photography.
etravus is a master, no doubt, but he is also not afraid to try new things and forever better himself in the craft. For that, I am very proud and grateful to have him as a contact and, better yet, a mentor."
September 1st, 2006
"one word 4 him...
AmaZiiiiiNGGGGGGGGG ..... ;0)"
August 27th, 2006
"he nice all yous out there should be his friend"
August 17th, 2006
"Inovation, technique, I just love to view his work. A photographer once told me " When you are able to take exactly what you see, you are half way there" well I see what you see and the other half you have made up with a wonderful eye. I truly enjoy your work. An A class photographer"
August 17th, 2006
. Az says:
"I have just been looking through his work and his images have lifted my spirits, they are so full of the everyday things in life, but he has captured each, and every one with sheer poetry."
August 12th, 2006
Harshad Sharma says:
"The Internet is full of surprises, and being added as a contact by etravus came as one big surprise too! Not that I know him, but when I traced the link from the email, I found out how beautiful photographs he makes! Not just a great photographer - he's a photogeek too! Woo hoo!
August 10th, 2006
To Day 9/8/06 saw the a person called Etravus wanted me to be listed as a contact. I did not or yet know this person. I have just seen the reputation this man has, I a flabbergasted that I was contacted. I am honoured that such a phorographer would see me as a person, he would want to contact, that takes average photographs. I was delighted to list him as a friend"
August 9th, 2006
Edward Beavers says:
"Somehow etravus discovered me, as I noticed I had a message naming me as his newest contact one day. Then I took a look at his photography, and that was when I knew I had to have him as a contact.
Brilliant vision, great follow thru, and when you have beautiful children, it makes photography of them even easier."
August 7th, 2006
"I just discover his work, but Etravus must be the best photographer I ever saw on Flickr!"
August 4th, 2006
"very nice nice meeting u etravus was looking over your photos they are great great ............. have great day..........hope to see more of u photos very soon,,,,,,,,"
August 2nd, 2006
"you do Art Center proud!
Art Center, class of '71"
July 28th, 2006
"These images are bold and exciting. Etravus is by far my favourite of any photographer I've found on Flickr so far."
July 9th, 2006
"this comment was from yer awesome Silver Bullet shot but it totally inspired me*
i thought yer Fireworks were Hot but i've got Roman Candles & Burning Skoolhouses goin off in my pants after seeing this!!!!!!
perfectly shaped breasts*
a work of god*
Keep Up your Great Work etravus**********************
Cheers!! Billy Warhol ;))"
July 2nd, 2006
"There's etravus... and then there's the rest of us."
April 16th, 2006
- Travis Price
- February 2006
- Encinitas, Park City, Paia, Los Angeles, New York
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Photographer & Film maker