this is me.
thank you for visiting my flickr page! have a look around. the best way to look for specific things is to browse throgh my collections on the right side of the page.
i am a graphic designer for a medium-sized church. i love graphic design and photography. flickr has been a huge contributor to my work for inspiration, technique, and equipment. i value the comments and critique i receive on my stream. thank you everyone, for stopping by, and thank you for the comments. i will post very little if any of my design work on this site, because i think it needs to be strictly for photography. i got into photography out of necessity. with design work, it was easier to compose that "exact shot", rather than spend hours searching for stock photography, buying it, and more time in photoshop rendering a composite of several images, for it still not to come out "exactly what you had in mind". however, i have come to love it, and will do everything i can to become a better photographer. anywho... thanks again for stopping by and taking the time to read this...please leave a comment.
i began shooting with only available or natural light without manipulating it, and later moved on to some DIY equipment and SB-800 strobes. i love natural light as well as strobes for different reasons and depending on the subject and feel i want to achieve.
oh, and please, please no rude, lude, or otherwise discusting comments on my photos - or you will be blocked. flickr is a happy place - let's keep it that way.
if you're interested in purchasing a photo for use or would like to speak with me about a shoot, please just send me a message via flickr.
i shoot nikon digital
i shoot canon film
typically you'll find me with my nikon D200
my favorite lens...hmm...i like them all, but gravitate toward primes - 35mm1.8, 50mm1.8, 85mm1.8, and i also like my sigma 70-200 f2.8.
but if i could only choose one it would be my 50mm f/1.8. it's stubby and sharp!
i love my wife and daughter. they are my main inspiration and most often now, my subjects. the little one doesn't object as much as the big one does.
here are some of my favorite internet hangouts and sources of inspiration:
all images © damon hair 2011
- Phlearn 21,437 photos, 2,089 members
- Florabella Textures & Actions 39,569 photos, 5,451 members
- Salt Life Beach 679 photos, 420 members
- Group with Ҽxperience 1,900,576 photos, 245,888 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 81,670 photos, 5,311 members
- Freelensing 8,282 photos, 3,326 members
- Design the Logo 27,104 photos, 8,687 members
- Hipstamatic 299,978 photos, 16,669 members
- scanned film 3,366 photos, 194 members
- Newborn posing inspiration group 18,270 photos, 7,011 members
- The Photographer Photographed (Must show CAMERA & PHOTOGRAPHER) 10,351 photos, 1,333 members
- Vignette for Android 26,886 photos, 2,153 members
- Maternity Photography 7,782 photos, 1,127 members
- Collectibles vs Digital! 16,844 photos, 4,055 members
- Before & After - A Sneak Peek into Processing 2,884 photos, 4,861 members
- Eureka Springs 2,512 photos, 227 members
- Digital & Film Contact Sheets 435 photos, 308 members
- Contact Theory & Proof Sheets 121 photos, 127 members
- have no fear signs 17 photos, 38 members
- The Spherus Portrait Gallery 55 photos, 47 members
- $2 Portraits 709 photos, 886 members
- StreetSilence 3,975 photos, 598 members
- The Polaroid Traveling Camera Project 27 photos, 160 members
- FashionPhotographyBlog.com 77,559 photos, 15,286 members
- Beautiful Bridals! 4,303 photos, 563 members
- The Items We Carry 1,872 photos, 3,318 members
- Cover Models 3,187 photos, 645 members
- Lightsphere Users 4,502 photos, 1,336 members
- Modified ON CAMERA FLASH 190 photos, 71 members
- Seattle Strobist 5,931 photos, 1,049 members
- Inauguration 2009 12,561 photos, 2,829 members
- The Unofficial JPG Magazine Group 254,601 photos, 21,040 members
- Homemade Photo Solutions 496 photos, 200 members
- 2009: A Year in Pictures 43,726 photos, 369 members
- Fishing Envy 16,429 photos, 4,275 members
- Leigh Taylor Textures 1,081 photos, 2,060 members
- Textures for Layers 15,485 photos, 15,989 members
- f/8 and be there 1,021 photos, 129 members
- Cybersync Triggers 6,020 photos, 431 members
- One Strobe Pony 67,287 photos, 8,742 members
- Concept Photos (please tag) 18,148 photos, 1,630 members
- Long Exposure 583,949 photos, 54,015 members
- Long Exposures 365,494 photos, 32,745 members
- superb lines and colors 122 photos, 134 members
- Photographers' Rights. 237 photos, 3,600 members
- Roof Hacker 2,028 photos, 520 members
- ! ♡ Flickrian ♡ No Rules:) Feel Free to invite your Friends! 126,056 photos, 4,610 members
- Wedding Pictures 17,953 photos, 1,129 members
- Wedding Photos 14,701 photos, 905 members
- Totally Texture Tuesday 4,824 photos, 1,347 members
Anne Ruthmann says:
"Damon is just a damn cool guy. I love that he's constantly experimenting and trying something new!"
1st September, 2008
- September 2006
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- graphic designer
- damon hair photography