I'm a professional writer and performer, an amateur rock-balancer and hobbyist photographer. I play poker and darts and ride a bike too.
This isn't a very good place to get in touch with me as mail is very rapidly lost...
If you want to get in touch with me about stuff that isn't directly related to flickr or photography then flickr-mail is a really bad way of doing it. I like photography precisely because it's a creative outlet that is unrelated to how I make my living. If you want to know more about what I do for a living, visit my website. You can e-mail me there - I'm far more likely to see it.
Explaining what it is about flickr that I like so much takes up more words than is seemly here... but I did once try to write an article that explained it.
flickr is visual. It is beautiful in and of itself. Adding flashing gifs and group "awards" makes it ugly. It encourages pointless self-promotion and competition. That's ugly too. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But I delete comments that contain them. I know they mean well. But it makes a clean page look dirty.
I don't comment much. I have little to say. If I like something a lot I favourite it.
I find more things I like - pictures and photographers - by browsing fffflckr.com/ than I do looking at groups etc.I recommend it. It's beautiful. Try it. Log in. Find the photos the people who took your favourites like. It's pretty.
I should eat more soup but then so should you.
Don't drop litter.
- Sofa Free!! 10,219 photos, 923 members
- Britain's Canal Networks 6,391 photos, 237 members
- Moths UK 16,238 photos, 366 members
- Sunrise, Sunset 300,394 photos, 14,711 members
- Sunrise and Sunset’s Today 89,569 photos, 6,356 members
- Brickwork 5,221 photos, 286 members
- Flickr Groups Preview 88 photos, 469 members
- Wet Reflections 266,933 photos, 21,265 members
- Caravans Of Doom 456 photos, 120 members
- a letter from eine 1,767 photos, 233 members
- Follies 3,471 photos, 283 members
- Landmark Trust UK 12,368 photos, 575 members
- Pareidolia 8,322 photos, 1,206 members
- Window Skills 2,433 photos, 127 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,206 members
- Flags Of Imaginary Countries 5,366 photos, 259 members
- Diana Mini 40,245 photos, 4,662 members
- Just bicycles (no people) 9,354 photos, 563 members
- Photoshop Pictures 627 photos, 40 members
- Polaroid Film 21,774 photos, 1,010 members
- abandoned shoes 2,903 photos, 441 members
- Ghost Bike 486 photos, 244 members
- Columbia Road & Flower Market, London 726 photos, 172 members
- Lovely Eyesore 20,188 photos, 20,080 members
- London-alt 208,975 photos, 11,455 members
- Empty Seats 60,778 photos, 22,178 members
- Window seat please 115,326 photos, 30,376 members
- Flickr Commons 2,632 photos, 2,540 members
- silhouette 397,081 photos, 64,523 members
- Save Polaroid - Self Portraits 518 photos, 5,300 members
- FlickrCentral 9,208,731 photos, 279,538 members
- Flatirons - Wedged Buildings 1,451 photos, 580 members
- Windows Without Views 430 photos, 401 members
- Instant Film 79,199 photos, 3,368 members
- Stepping Out 3,276 photos, 804 members
- Hand of God 9 photos, 18 members
- planes, trains and automobiles 400,231 photos, 5,980 members
- Streetcorner Preachers 540 photos, 142 members
- TWOchairs 283 photos, 133 members
- The pleasant jolliness of the POLAROID empire 949 photos, 57 members
- polaroid photograph 77,884 photos, 3,287 members
- polaroid love * 88,654 photos, 4,703 members
- Things looking like the flickr default icon 328 photos, 122 members
- from BELOW - straight up 8,275 photos, 1,704 members
- Polaroid Photographers 69,483 photos, 2,927 members
- Polaroid Portrait 4,277 photos, 1,588 members
- Polaroid 307,858 photos, 32,560 members
- Polaroid Spectra 21,198 photos, 2,620 members
- Still Open 1,166 photos, 169 members
- Nikon D70/s Users 207,466 photos, 11,790 members
"Dave Gorman without a doubt is one of the Few that help to Popularized the Art of Balancing Rocks - Stones - Pebbles."
August 30th, 2007
"I was cycling around the East End the other day, and was amazed at how much of what I saw had been conditioned by Dave Gorman's photographs and his eye for the vivid and vibrant. A wonderful photographer!"
July 12th, 2007
Art Ascii says:
"Dave your Chicago night scenes absolutely rock,
your cloud shots are strat·o·spher·ic, your canyon pics grand
happily you escaped the Chicago grain tower amish mob.
and keep snapping.
I know I will.
Good grief - Dave even gets featured in a recent issue of one of the top UK photo mags. Good onya matey.
Ps You were in Chicago and did not visit Flickr's Dr Joanne - shame on you!
There's always next time....I think she has a neighbor - beware neighbor she has a HUGE icicle and you never know what she might do with it....(is that ok?)..."
March 29th, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Dave is a very talented photographer - and one quick look through his photostream will confirm that fact. His diversity of subjects and his unique style produces images that are visually interesting and always intriguing.
But what you might not know is that this talented man is also a generous member of the Flickr community who takes the time - and makes the effort - to praise other's works here on a regular basis.
Flickr is a better place because Dave is involved here, and I'm proud to call him a friend...."
December 31st, 2006
"I'm pretty sure I found Dave's pictures from some rocks (I can't even balance *one* rock, myself). Now I wait to see where in the world Dave is now, and to see it through his lens. And I cross my fingers that there will be doorbells there."
December 20th, 2006
- Dave Gorman
- September 2005
- London, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Writer & Performer