I'm a professional writer and performer, an amateur rock-balancer and hobbyist photographer. I play poker and darts and ride a bike too.
This isn't a very good place to get in touch with me as mail is very rapidly lost...
If you want to get in touch with me about stuff that isn't directly related to flickr or photography then flickr-mail is a really bad way of doing it. I like photography precisely because it's a creative outlet that is unrelated to how I make my living. If you want to know more about what I do for a living, visit my website. You can e-mail me there - I'm far more likely to see it.
Explaining what it is about flickr that I like so much takes up more words than is seemly here... but I did once try to write an article that explained it.
flickr is visual. It is beautiful in and of itself. Adding flashing gifs and group "awards" makes it ugly. It encourages pointless self-promotion and competition. That's ugly too. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But I delete comments that contain them. I know they mean well. But it makes a clean page look dirty.
I don't comment much. I have little to say. If I like something a lot I favourite it.
I find more things I like - pictures and photographers - by browsing fffflckr.com/ than I do looking at groups etc.I recommend it. It's beautiful. Try it. Log in. Find the photos the people who took your favourites like. It's pretty.
I should eat more soup but then so should you.
Don't drop litter.
- Flickr Groups Preview 111 photos, 497 members
- Wet Reflections 190,393 photos, 18,803 members
- Caravans Of Doom 233 photos, 49 members
- Sydney Harbour Bridge 5,228 photos, 1,273 members
- Sydney Opera House 6,900 photos, 1,652 members
- a letter from eine 1,704 photos, 222 members
- Follies 2,486 photos, 240 members
- Landmark Trust UK 9,986 photos, 434 members
- Jellyfish!! 11,208 photos, 3,956 members
- Pareidolia 5,513 photos, 944 members
- Window Skills 1,880 photos, 119 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,428 members
- Flags Of Imaginary Countries 5,452 photos, 276 members
- Diana Mini 40,354 photos, 4,399 members
- Just bicycles (no people) 6,851 photos, 379 members
- Photoshop Pictures 625 photos, 40 members
- Polaroid Film 17,915 photos, 943 members
- abandoned shoes 1,599 photos, 359 members
- Ghost Bike 462 photos, 221 members
- Columbia Road & Flower Market, London 691 photos, 165 members
- Lovely Eyesore 21,410 photos, 12,752 members
- London-alt 145,648 photos, 10,645 members
- Empty Seats 48,940 photos, 14,241 members
- Window seat please 100,909 photos, 21,618 members
- Flickr Commons 2,078 photos, 1,819 members
- silhouette 321,617 photos, 45,349 members
- Save Polaroid - Self Portraits 568 photos, 5,519 members
- FlickrCentral 7,144,509 photos, 206,978 members
- Flatirons - Wedged Buildings 1,323 photos, 546 members
- Windows Without Views 464 photos, 280 members
- Instant Film 57,524 photos, 2,736 members
- Stepping Out 3,387 photos, 778 members
- Hand of God 9 photos, 18 members
- planes, trains and automobiles 147,944 photos, 4,452 members
- Streetcorner Preachers 413 photos, 126 members
- TWOchairs 283 photos, 133 members
- The pleasant jolliness of the POLAROID empire 987 photos, 59 members
- LP portraits 2,208 photos, 1,008 members
- polaroid photograph 63,825 photos, 3,004 members
- polaroid love * 75,707 photos, 4,526 members
- Things looking like the flickr default icon 345 photos, 128 members
- from BELOW - straight up 7,496 photos, 1,551 members
- Polaroid Photographers 53,433 photos, 2,364 members
- Polaroid Portrait 4,689 photos, 1,463 members
- Polaroid 276,886 photos, 26,674 members
- Polaroid Spectra 20,200 photos, 2,274 members
- Still Open 987 photos, 160 members
- Nikon D70/s Users 216,116 photos, 11,813 members
- Looks Like A Robot 928 photos, 292 members
- Abstract Faces 4,584 photos, 717 members
"Dave Gorman without a doubt is one of the Few that help to Popularized the Art of Balancing Rocks - Stones - Pebbles."
30th August, 2007
"I was cycling around the East End the other day, and was amazed at how much of what I saw had been conditioned by Dave Gorman's photographs and his eye for the vivid and vibrant. A wonderful photographer!"
12th July, 2007
Art Ascii says:
"Dave your Chicago night scenes absolutely rock,
your cloud shots are strat·o·spher·ic, your canyon pics grand
happily you escaped the Chicago grain tower amish mob.
and keep snapping.
I know I will.
Good grief - Dave even gets featured in a recent issue of one of the top UK photo mags. Good onya matey.
Ps You were in Chicago and did not visit Flickr's Dr Joanne - shame on you!
There's always next time....I think she has a neighbor - beware neighbor she has a HUGE icicle and you never know what she might do with it....(is that ok?)..."
29th March, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Dave is a very talented photographer - and one quick look through his photostream will confirm that fact. His diversity of subjects and his unique style produces images that are visually interesting and always intriguing.
But what you might not know is that this talented man is also a generous member of the Flickr community who takes the time - and makes the effort - to praise other's works here on a regular basis.
Flickr is a better place because Dave is involved here, and I'm proud to call him a friend...."
31st December, 2006
"I'm pretty sure I found Dave's pictures from some rocks (I can't even balance *one* rock, myself). Now I wait to see where in the world Dave is now, and to see it through his lens. And I cross my fingers that there will be doorbells there."
20th December, 2006
- Dave Gorman
- September 2005
- London, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Writer & Performer