I'm a professional writer and performer, an amateur rock-balancer and hobbyist photographer. I play poker and darts and ride a bike too.
This isn't a very good place to get in touch with me as mail is very rapidly lost...
If you want to get in touch with me about stuff that isn't directly related to flickr or photography then flickr-mail is a really bad way of doing it. I like photography precisely because it's a creative outlet that is unrelated to how I make my living. If you want to know more about what I do for a living, visit my website. You can e-mail me there - I'm far more likely to see it.
Explaining what it is about flickr that I like so much takes up more words than is seemly here... but I did once try to write an article that explained it.
flickr is visual. It is beautiful in and of itself. Adding flashing gifs and group "awards" makes it ugly. It encourages pointless self-promotion and competition. That's ugly too. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But I delete comments that contain them. I know they mean well. But it makes a clean page look dirty.
I don't comment much. I have little to say. If I like something a lot I favourite it.
I find more things I like - pictures and photographers - by browsing fffflckr.com/ than I do looking at groups etc.I recommend it. It's beautiful. Try it. Log in. Find the photos the people who took your favourites like. It's pretty.
I should eat more soup but then so should you.
Don't drop litter.
- British Canal Networks 4,016 photos, 158 members
- Moths UK 10,495 photos, 285 members
- Sunrise, Sunset 244,550 photos, 13,181 members
- Sunrise and Sunset’s Today 59,225 photos, 4,941 members
- Brickwork 4,638 photos, 249 members
- Flickr Groups Preview 108 photos, 479 members
- Wet Reflections 246,150 photos, 20,777 members
- Caravans Of Doom 404 photos, 107 members
- a letter from eine 1,734 photos, 233 members
- Follies 2,859 photos, 264 members
- Landmark Trust UK 11,613 photos, 539 members
- Pareidolia 7,258 photos, 1,104 members
- Window Skills 2,333 photos, 125 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,296 members
- Flags Of Imaginary Countries 5,446 photos, 265 members
- Diana Mini 40,675 photos, 4,629 members
- Just bicycles (no people) 8,422 photos, 501 members
- Photoshop Pictures 611 photos, 39 members
- Polaroid Film 21,204 photos, 992 members
- abandoned shoes 2,537 photos, 412 members
- Ghost Bike 470 photos, 235 members
- Columbia Road & Flower Market, London 731 photos, 175 members
- Lovely Eyesore 20,480 photos, 19,375 members
- London-alt 188,757 photos, 11,299 members
- Empty Seats 59,344 photos, 21,359 members
- Window seat please 109,670 photos, 29,842 members
- Flickr Commons 2,661 photos, 2,315 members
- silhouette 388,313 photos, 61,439 members
- Save Polaroid - Self Portraits 531 photos, 5,389 members
- FlickrCentral 9,425,711 photos, 262,898 members
- Flatirons - Wedged Buildings 1,409 photos, 574 members
- Windows Without Views 436 photos, 391 members
- Instant Film 72,141 photos, 3,224 members
- Stepping Out 3,318 photos, 814 members
- Hand of God 9 photos, 18 members
- planes, trains and automobiles 316,753 photos, 5,679 members
- Streetcorner Preachers 517 photos, 139 members
- TWOchairs 277 photos, 133 members
- The pleasant jolliness of the POLAROID empire 981 photos, 58 members
- polaroid photograph 73,188 photos, 3,221 members
- polaroid love * 84,320 photos, 4,658 members
- Things looking like the flickr default icon 344 photos, 127 members
- from BELOW - straight up 8,169 photos, 1,697 members
- Polaroid Photographers 64,313 photos, 2,778 members
- Polaroid Portrait 4,374 photos, 1,582 members
- Polaroid 300,338 photos, 31,743 members
- Polaroid Spectra 20,920 photos, 2,514 members
- Still Open 1,165 photos, 167 members
- Nikon D70/s Users 212,733 photos, 11,885 members
- Looks Like A Robot 915 photos, 296 members
"Dave Gorman without a doubt is one of the Few that help to Popularized the Art of Balancing Rocks - Stones - Pebbles."
August 30th, 2007
"I was cycling around the East End the other day, and was amazed at how much of what I saw had been conditioned by Dave Gorman's photographs and his eye for the vivid and vibrant. A wonderful photographer!"
July 12th, 2007
Art Ascii says:
"Dave your Chicago night scenes absolutely rock,
your cloud shots are strat·o·spher·ic, your canyon pics grand
happily you escaped the Chicago grain tower amish mob.
and keep snapping.
I know I will.
Good grief - Dave even gets featured in a recent issue of one of the top UK photo mags. Good onya matey.
Ps You were in Chicago and did not visit Flickr's Dr Joanne - shame on you!
There's always next time....I think she has a neighbor - beware neighbor she has a HUGE icicle and you never know what she might do with it....(is that ok?)..."
March 29th, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Dave is a very talented photographer - and one quick look through his photostream will confirm that fact. His diversity of subjects and his unique style produces images that are visually interesting and always intriguing.
But what you might not know is that this talented man is also a generous member of the Flickr community who takes the time - and makes the effort - to praise other's works here on a regular basis.
Flickr is a better place because Dave is involved here, and I'm proud to call him a friend...."
December 31st, 2006
"I'm pretty sure I found Dave's pictures from some rocks (I can't even balance *one* rock, myself). Now I wait to see where in the world Dave is now, and to see it through his lens. And I cross my fingers that there will be doorbells there."
December 20th, 2006
- Dave Gorman
- September 2005
- London, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Writer & Performer