I'm a professional writer and performer, an amateur rock-balancer and hobbyist photographer. I play poker and darts and ride a bike too.
This isn't a very good place to get in touch with me as mail is very rapidly lost...
If you want to get in touch with me about stuff that isn't directly related to flickr or photography then flickr-mail is a really bad way of doing it. I like photography precisely because it's a creative outlet that is unrelated to how I make my living. If you want to know more about what I do for a living, visit my website. You can e-mail me there - I'm far more likely to see it.
Explaining what it is about flickr that I like so much takes up more words than is seemly here... but I did once try to write an article that explained it.
flickr is visual. It is beautiful in and of itself. Adding flashing gifs and group "awards" makes it ugly. It encourages pointless self-promotion and competition. That's ugly too. I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But I delete comments that contain them. I know they mean well. But it makes a clean page look dirty.
I don't comment much. I have little to say. If I like something a lot I favourite it.
I find more things I like - pictures and photographers - by browsing fffflckr.com/ than I do looking at groups etc.I recommend it. It's beautiful. Try it. Log in. Find the photos the people who took your favourites like. It's pretty.
I should eat more soup but then so should you.
Don't drop litter.
- Brickwork 4,247 photos, 224 members
- Flickr Groups Preview 108 photos, 472 members
- Wet Reflections 226,668 photos, 20,194 members
- Caravans Of Doom 349 photos, 93 members
- Sydney Opera House 7,841 photos, 1,805 members
- a letter from eine 1,715 photos, 225 members
- Follies 2,744 photos, 258 members
- Landmark Trust UK 11,112 photos, 492 members
- Pareidolia 6,704 photos, 1,043 members
- Window Skills 2,182 photos, 123 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,337 members
- Flags Of Imaginary Countries 5,527 photos, 269 members
- Diana Mini 40,612 photos, 4,566 members
- Just bicycles (no people) 7,761 photos, 462 members
- Photoshop Pictures 619 photos, 40 members
- Polaroid Film 19,605 photos, 991 members
- abandoned shoes 2,117 photos, 394 members
- Ghost Bike 459 photos, 232 members
- Columbia Road & Flower Market, London 717 photos, 170 members
- Lovely Eyesore 20,734 photos, 17,748 members
- London-alt 174,653 photos, 11,099 members
- Empty Seats 56,883 photos, 19,530 members
- Window seat please 107,145 photos, 27,735 members
- Flickr Commons 2,276 photos, 2,157 members
- silhouette 366,604 photos, 56,837 members
- Save Polaroid - Self Portraits 538 photos, 5,428 members
- FlickrCentral 9,494,193 photos, 249,217 members
- Flatirons - Wedged Buildings 1,383 photos, 568 members
- Windows Without Views 460 photos, 373 members
- Instant Film 67,140 photos, 3,112 members
- Stepping Out 3,329 photos, 813 members
- Hand of God 9 photos, 18 members
- planes, trains and automobiles 248,334 photos, 5,353 members
- Streetcorner Preachers 480 photos, 132 members
- TWOchairs 271 photos, 133 members
- The pleasant jolliness of the POLAROID empire 993 photos, 58 members
- LP portraits 2,181 photos, 1,005 members
- polaroid photograph 69,789 photos, 3,163 members
- polaroid love * 81,842 photos, 4,625 members
- Things looking like the flickr default icon 341 photos, 128 members
- from BELOW - straight up 7,915 photos, 1,652 members
- Polaroid Photographers 60,920 photos, 2,664 members
- Polaroid Portrait 4,488 photos, 1,572 members
- Polaroid 293,878 photos, 30,525 members
- Polaroid Spectra 21,003 photos, 2,446 members
- Still Open 1,110 photos, 169 members
- Nikon D70/s Users 213,769 photos, 11,924 members
- Looks Like A Robot 984 photos, 298 members
- Abstract Faces 4,883 photos, 744 members
- Negative Space 38,044 photos, 4,094 members
"Dave Gorman without a doubt is one of the Few that help to Popularized the Art of Balancing Rocks - Stones - Pebbles."
August 30th, 2007
"I was cycling around the East End the other day, and was amazed at how much of what I saw had been conditioned by Dave Gorman's photographs and his eye for the vivid and vibrant. A wonderful photographer!"
July 12th, 2007
Art Ascii says:
"Dave your Chicago night scenes absolutely rock,
your cloud shots are strat·o·spher·ic, your canyon pics grand
happily you escaped the Chicago grain tower amish mob.
and keep snapping.
I know I will.
Good grief - Dave even gets featured in a recent issue of one of the top UK photo mags. Good onya matey.
Ps You were in Chicago and did not visit Flickr's Dr Joanne - shame on you!
There's always next time....I think she has a neighbor - beware neighbor she has a HUGE icicle and you never know what she might do with it....(is that ok?)..."
March 29th, 2007
Jeff Clow says:
"Dave is a very talented photographer - and one quick look through his photostream will confirm that fact. His diversity of subjects and his unique style produces images that are visually interesting and always intriguing.
But what you might not know is that this talented man is also a generous member of the Flickr community who takes the time - and makes the effort - to praise other's works here on a regular basis.
Flickr is a better place because Dave is involved here, and I'm proud to call him a friend...."
December 31st, 2006
"I'm pretty sure I found Dave's pictures from some rocks (I can't even balance *one* rock, myself). Now I wait to see where in the world Dave is now, and to see it through his lens. And I cross my fingers that there will be doorbells there."
December 20th, 2006
- Dave Gorman
- September 2005
- London, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Writer & Performer