I entered the photographical universe a bit late. I never owned an analog camera. Which might account for my snappy way of taking pictures. Not good, erase it and shoot again. My photographical journey of discovery basically started when I bought a HP935 just to make some snapshots during my first visit to Cuba in October 2003. I just fell in love with the country and snapping portraits of its amazing citizens.
I discovered I have bit of a knack for getting portraits just right, to break the pose with a joke and snap it at the right time. It's not really something I can explain, it just works that way.
After my second visit to Cuba I decided to get a bit more serious and I bought a Canon 300D. Never having used a similar analog SLR (digital tends to make you lacy) it took quite some time to figure it out. But I am getting the hang of it now.
[updated: I now shoot with a Canon 40D :)]
Still, my favorite subject will probably always be to shoot portraits of people, as candidly as possible in the sunniest of weather.
Hope to meet you all soon, wherever on this beautiful planet. Take care and share!
Photos of deVos (2)
- flickr | Thank YOU! 1,519 photos, 23 members
- Project Weather 627,600 photos, 93,248 members
- Laren: The Cars 222 photos, 14 members
- Jim and the Doors 328 photos, 121 members
- TRVL Photo Community 328 photos, 57 members
- CreativeCommonsCentral 5,994 photos, 111 members
- Oranje Koorts 740 photos, 61 members
- !In Memory 4,393 photos, 259 members
- Funny signs 16,064 photos, 2,136 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 14,713 photos, 18,032 members
- Geometrie, Geometry 98,738 photos, 5,116 members
- Beaches - Around the World 181,690 photos, 12,603 members
- Sunny Side of Life 7,499 photos, 809 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 401,860 photos, 103,608 members
- Swimming Pools 1,607 photos, 285 members
- THE BEST OF MIMAMOR'S GROUPS ( Admin Invitation Only / 1 - 4 AW 13,465 photos, 2,496 members
- PEOPLE ENJOYING NATURE [ Post 1 Comment 5/ No Blank & White ] 7,313 photos, 1,945 members
- PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE 13,382 photos, 265 members
- MOOI DEN HAAG/ BEAUTIFUL THE HAGUE 8,501 photos, 250 members
- Colour Chart 3,154 photos, 1,951 members
- From the Airplane Window 30,383 photos, 3,949 members
- Canon 85mm f/1.2L Central 40,982 photos, 3,986 members
- Fotografie Nederland 257,700 photos, 3,564 members
- "Men At Work" 13,558 photos, 1,018 members
- Employment - People at Work 7,286 photos, 519 members
- ARCHITECTURE IN SPAIN 3,325 photos, 703 members
- flikkah 3,747 photos, 76 members
- De Tramtunnel 71 photos, 13 members
- The Biggest Group ! (The FUN group!) 135,082 photos, 1,431 members
- Wisdom Cries Out in The Streets. 71,704 photos, 1,737 members
- Patterns and Designs 99,978 photos, 6,914 members
- White 18,976 photos, 2,464 members
- Fashion World 201,374 photos, 11,507 members
- Official National Geographic Group 1,884,819 photos, 36,347 members
- The beautiful Mediterranean 123,746 photos, 5,241 members
- Soller 836 photos, 122 members
- Mallorca 57,328 photos, 3,349 members
- EN PRIMER PLANO 3,009 photos, 506 members
- Spain 371,277 photos, 13,057 members
- Havana / La Habana 36,375 photos, 2,112 members
- Cuban Portraits 3,697 photos, 242 members
- FLOWERS_INSECTS_AND_BUTTERFLIES // FLORES_INSECTOS_Y_MARIPOSAS 141,411 photos, 8,637 members
- Fireworks - Just Fireworks 137,486 photos, 18,565 members
- Rijkslogo 4 photos, 15 members
- Calatrava 2,175 photos, 849 members
- Expo! 73 photos, 14 members
- ARCHITECTURE CONTEMPORARY 21,958 photos, 1,101 members
- FAMOUS CONSTRUCTIONS 13,797 photos, 1,284 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 837 photos, 22,018 members
- Only the most amazing photos (comment on at least 2) 800 photos, 777 members
"You really have to respect this man. He has infiltrated fickr with his delightful comments and wit, added the devil as a contact and even had the time to photograph. I wont ramble about how good his pics are so I'll keep it short, I echo satan : We love you Kees!"
April 8th, 2005
Marianne Andrea says:
"Beautiful pictures - visually pleasing and fun... I like."
April 4th, 2005
actually price says:
"His 1037th photo...the devil congratulates you.
Each and every picture emits warmth and sensuality..something to expect from such a great photographer. He has the warmest smile..and the most joyful. We love you Kees!"
April 2nd, 2005
"on the cusp of his 1000th photo, i want to thank Kees for sharing his great stream with us. The best photographers balance a powerful penetrating eye with an embracing human heart. Kees is one of the best. His portraits are fantastic; he puts everyone at ease and captures their most vibrant smiles. such a great gift!
Kees was the first to reach out to me in Flickr and add me as a contact. i was just a poor hitchiker runaway from Fotki bumming around the Everyone station, looking for a bite to eat from a vending machine and a warm vent to sleep on. Kees gave me a contact add and groups and comments, and slowly i got back on my feet and eventually became a contributing member of the flickrverse. hehe
Actually that prolly means he is responsible for starting my own flickr addiction - but i thank him for his generosity and class.
Kees, you are definitely a great flickr and great friend. thank you!"
March 26th, 2005
stimulating bikes says:
"deVos - an inspiration, a great photographer and my friend. His personality emits warmth, kindess and commands respect. My very big motivation to do better and better."
January 6th, 2005
- Kees de Vos
- July 2004
- The Hague, The Netherlands
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Project Manager at KPN-Getronics
- e n t r o p y