We try to grab pieces of our lives as they speed past us. Photographs freeze those pieces and help us remember how we were. We don't know these lost people but if you look around, you'll find someone just like them.
Gene McSweeney, Grey Water Photography, 06-04-2006
I've been in Korea for a long long time. I am really interested in improving my photography so any comments are welcome. I am from Nova Scotia Canada.I taught esl in South Korea for over 10 years now I am home and going to NSCC Waterfront for photography. I don't know where life will lead me but I am hoping it will have something to do with taking photos.
create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands
- Panasonic Leica DG Nocticron 42.5mm f/1.2 ASPH 7,244 photos, 713 members
- Panasonic Lumix 100-300 And the Leica DG Vario Elmar 100-400mm 6,822 photos, 731 members
- Panasonic Lumix G X 35-100 mm f 2.8 8,637 photos, 791 members
- Panasonic 35-100mm F2.8 1,251 photos, 124 members
- Olympus 75mm f/1.8 Micro Four Thirds Lens 37,692 photos, 3,404 members
- Micro Four Thirds (Micro 4/3) 1,054,219 photos, 19,523 members
- Panasonic Lumix GX85 6,443 photos, 561 members
- Panasonic Lumix Lovers 298,352 photos, 4,057 members
- Panasonic Lumix G Micro Four-Thirds Cameras 118,548 photos, 2,687 members
- Strobist.com 606,538 photos, 123,706 members
- Seoul Ride 서울 라이드: motorcycling in Korea 75 photos, 16 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,680 photos, 6,142 members
- Zombie Walks 36,968 photos, 1,945 members
- Girls in hats 5,273 photos, 1,209 members
- flickr (unofficial) 6,372,329 photos, 118,671 members
- More Than Portraits 24,895 photos, 1,451 members
- Statues 95,848 photos, 6,236 members
- Texture 131,273 photos, 8,895 members
- 121clicks 18,770 photos, 9,936 members
- this is Canada-Photo Competition 3,747 photos, 822 members
- Tattoos 76,977 photos, 22,286 members
- Food Porn 818,940 photos, 63,725 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 11,861 photos, 13,171 members
- Portraiture 1,035,593 photos, 37,027 members
- Portraiture Photography 1,811,497 photos, 77,537 members
- Selective Colors 47,232 photos, 6,404 members
- Let's go Kyeongki-Do 1,354 photos, 43 members
- Makro-Planar 100mm ZF, ZF.2, ZE 12,491 photos, 1,095 members
- portraits and faces. 1,949,913 photos, 97,736 members
- Street Photography & Candid Street Portrait (The Very Best) 10,878 photos, 7,007 members
- FlickrDuel ALPHA Contests 7,687 photos, 960 members
- STREETART 703,904 photos, 29,614 members
- Rorschach Tribute 251 photos, 39 members
- Symmetrically Yours 462 photos, 267 members
- Geometric Beauty 214,294 photos, 12,064 members
- Camera Appreciation (Pictures of cameras) 92,592 photos, 11,316 members
- NIKON D7000 CLUB 794,600 photos, 28,922 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 17,799 photos, 21,549 members
- Favorites: 250 9,624 photos, 1,946 members
- top-f [ 25+ faves ] 100,791 photos, 13,421 members
- Official ZEISS Camera Lenses Group 34,296 photos, 16,599 members
- Costume and Cosplay Photography Critique 9,117 photos, 565 members
- Seoul Photography Workshop Meetup 400 photos, 83 members
- Micro Four Thirds Concert Photos 2,490 photos, 98 members
- Popular Photography Magazine 795,478 photos, 12,955 members
- ! FIFA World Cup (fans, people, celebrating, watching) 15,424 photos, 1,470 members
- Canon Classics 27,932 photos, 887 members
- Analog Korea 4,064 photos, 124 members
- Photographers' Rights. 218 photos, 3,597 members
- Panasonic LUMIX G VARIO 7-14mm/F4.0 ASPH 14,941 photos, 1,410 members
"Derek's portraits are so lifelike, they have to pay taxes."
July 29th, 2011
"Many photographer mention famous photographer as their role model. the truth is: I can't even mention 5 famous photographer in the world, but I know for sure that my role model and teacher in photography is this man, Derek Winchester.
Since i joined FIS, Derek is the person who never get tired to teach others about photography, Derek is a person with abundant knowledge that can help amateur like me to develop my own work. I never get tired to look of his works and ask him how he do that. To know such a person is a wonderful gift to me.
Beside of being a great photographer, Derek also a wonderful person, big brother of every FIS members. I know he just has a bad experience in China, I wish him not to loose courage in photography 'cause he is a great teacher for many people.
Thank you for everything during my time in FIS. I hope there is a time when our path will cross again."
August 16th, 2009
"Derek's work speaks for itself, and for Derek's abilities and dedication. I met Derek a few years ago. He has taught me invaluable things about photography (and did so without making me feel inept - bravo my friend, you are certainly a humble human being amongst us!!) The vivid colors, sharpness, and content of how he has captured the world around us continues to keep me impressed with his skill level and eye for interestingness. I have definitely enjoyed knowing Derek and will forever be grateful for the plethora of assistance he gave me as a novice photographer. Keep at your passion, Derek, you have a huge following :-) ~Laura"
August 6th, 2009
Rika Tri Yunarti says:
"He is a professional photographer with so much technical knowledge, and of course stunning pictures produced. Knowing him expanded my state of knowing photography, and having lovely and kind friend as well. His published pictures make me jealous >.<
Keep up your good work."
July 28th, 2009
"Derekwin is a wonderful creative and
professional orientated photographer.
He uses the light and bokeh in unique
ways. Spot on sharpness and moods of
his photos made me a big fan of his.
Already several publications of his
photos on center pages of local magazines
have made me quite jealous and let's me strive to
become a better photographer myself."
April 27th, 2008
Tims Reflection says:
"Derekwin has put an amazing amount of effort into his photography in which sublime photos are presented in which they speak for themselves. Fantastic work!"
December 3rd, 2007
"Amazing photographer, love the colors and vibrancy! Keep up the fantastic work!"
September 28th, 2007
- Derek Winchester
- May 2005
- Dartmouth, Canada
- I am:
- Male and Single