visited 25 states (11.1%)Create your own visited map of The World
Google Plus plus.google.com/u/0/106758488395906535821/about
If you want to use any of my photos please just ask. Some of my Flickr shots are for sale & licensed on the Getty Images website: www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?assettype=image&am... Miles#
Just having fun with the camera and learning more with each picture I take. I'm my worst critic but do appreciate help, suggestions and constructive critiques. My love for photography started out while traveling. I hope to reach all the continents sooner than later. Only 4 more to go :) As much as I love to travel , I find that there is so much beauty to see here in Washington state. Weekend excursions around the state have proved to be fun and somewhat productive when the weather cooperates.
I appreciate all your comments, critiques & feedback.There are so many talented people on this site I could spend hours looking through photostreams. Thank you for sharing your amazing photos which encourage me to improve. And thank you for visiting my page.
My friend added the famous "Banff" squirrel to this photo of me hiking at Cascade Pass in the N. Cascades. Hopefully you find it as entertaining as I do :)
- Your "Photo of the Month" 216 photos, 82 members
- The Nature Conservancy 876,455 photos, 39,814 members
- Mountains and Wildflowers 732 photos, 80 members
- Croporamas 1,175 photos, 259 members
- Landscape Masterclass 2,023 photos, 565 members
- Kings of Flickr 206 photos, 107 members
- Scenics & Wilderness (Admin Invite Only) 3,607 photos, 290 members
- Photo Talk Plus 1,400 photos, 337 members
- Fall Color in the American West 1,131 photos, 128 members
- Birds Photos 1,913,985 photos, 68,277 members
- Iceland. 171,243 photos, 7,637 members
- Iceland - Landscape 130,902 photos, 9,564 members
- Falkland Islands Photography 229 photos, 37 members
- The Best Captures AOI~L2~ (Admin Invite) (Post 1-Award & Fave 3) 41,610 photos, 6,409 members
- Art of Images ~ AOI L1~ ( Post 1, Award 3) Semi-Moderated 897,163 photos, 38,385 members
- Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area 11,421 photos, 945 members
- Turismo en Argentina 2,328 photos, 86 members
- [ Wonders of Nature ] 45,537 photos, 2,116 members
- Water... Oceans, Lakes, Rivers, Creeks 1,195,476 photos, 56,109 members
- Flickr's Best Landscape Photographers 14,084 photos, 1,194 members
- Professional landscapes 259,375 photos, 9,611 members
- Photographer's Choice~Hall of Fame (Invitation) 22,246 photos, 2,324 members
- 700+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two) 472 photos, 387 members
- 50+ Faves 1-2-3 (Post one,Comment and Fave two). 35,883 photos, 6,978 members
- Our favorite pictures from ICELAND 2,384 photos, 495 members
- Mt. Rainier the beautiful 2,298 photos, 319 members
- Washington State Outdoors - read da rules! 36,144 photos, 3,116 members
- Mount Rainier National Park 8,517 photos, 887 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 144,282 photos, 7,876 members
- The Serious Nature Photographer (50+ Favorites, P1:A2) - Sweeper 1,102 photos, 260 members
- Nature and Landscapes 497,302 photos, 14,955 members
- Outdoor Photographer Magazine (Unofficial) 421,359 photos, 11,592 members
- NW Photo Tour Workshops 222 photos, 51 members
- The Pantheon of Landscape 8,497 photos, 1,737 members
- The Art of the Long Exposure Land/Sea Scape (Admin inv) P1 C1 11,481 photos, 1,710 members
- Examiner Travel Group 2,802 photos, 194 members
- Spectacular Landscapes-invited images only :-) 13,882 photos, 7,348 members
- ~ Monochrome ~ 46,119 photos, 1,999 members
- Pacific Northwest 362,813 photos, 8,956 members
- Seattle Photographers 31,844 photos, 910 members
- Pacific Ocean 31,799 photos, 1,834 members
- Landscapes of Oregon 12,356 photos, 499 members
- Northwest Outdoors 113,136 photos, 3,145 members
- Seattle 169,774 photos, 8,249 members
- Official Washington State Tourism - Group CLOSED 12,229 photos, 432 members
- Space Needle 13,244 photos, 2,333 members
- The Pantheon of Treasures ( 200+ Faves ) Admin Invite only 706 photos, 130 members
- Pacific Seascapes 4,748 photos, 496 members
- Washington State 81,123 photos, 1,896 members
- North Cascades 10,899 photos, 735 members
"Dene’ (Seattle) Miles – A famous combination of unique names which has found it’s way to the very top of the Flickr world. Followed by thousands and adored by even more amateur and professional photographers alike, her gallery is a maze full of wonder and pure magic. Her work – and I mean every post - leaves a mark of amazement to the viewer, and you are left simply with awe, a sense of serenity and the thought: “Thank goodness I found her stream”. She leaves comments that are never generic, making her certainly one of the most loved major players of the elite team of Flickr greats.
Wishing you all the best Dene. ☺"
June 6th, 2011
Michael Hunter says:
"I came on flickr to be creative, to improve my photography and be inspired. When I surfed my way on to Dene Miles photostream I was blown away and instantly wanted to go out and start shooting more landscapes. She doesn't post every day but when she does upload an image you know it's going to be extraordinary. Dene has a profound sense of composition, light and color and this shows in her work. Aside from her talent behind the lens she's also a very thoughtful flickr contact. I dont know where she finds the time to leave all those really cool and helpful comments on my shots, but I am grateful :)"
August 1st, 2010
"This is actually long overdue, but nonetheless from the bottom of my heart:
Flickr is a huge pool of photos. It's vast. Humongous. Most of the pictures are, well, hardly worth a look. Millions are good. A lot less are really good. Even less are spectacular. And a tiny, tiny part is work which, in my humble opinion, transcends the word ‘epic’.
This is the category in which Dene Miles resides.
I can browse through all of her work without finding a single picture that isn’t just mindboggling and breathtaking. Color. Composition. Exposure. Vision. It’s all there, in an abundance that almost defies belief.
Reading this back, it could appear that she is bribing me to write this. Forget that. If I ever manage to crawl into her shades of photographing überness, I’d be a very happy man indeed.
So, a big salute to you, your work and your personality. You deserve ALL the credit you get!
July 15th, 2010
Rich Capture says:
"Dene is just plain cool. Always positive and friendly. Her stream is a place of inspiration. You should follow it religiously. If you don't, Jave and myself, aka Mob Boss and Hit-man will pay you a little visit.....You hear what I'm saying........"
May 13th, 2010
"Dene, is an amazing photographer with true inspiration with every capture. Her depiction of the pacific northwest is truly a work of art. Her landscapes really stand out as they are perfectly balanced every time. Her photography never ceases to amaze me as they provoke an emotion of positive energy.
Dene, is truly one of the kindest and friendliest people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting here on Flickr. She's charming, and always there to offer an encouraging word. She has an artist’s vision, and a passion for this hobby we all love. Jave"
May 6th, 2010
Werner Kunz says:
"Dene Miles is doing one of the best and impressive landscape photography that I can find on flickr. Maybe it is because she lives in Seattle, a city with thousands of great photo possibilities ;-) But I would doubt that and there is more ! She has all the times a perfect composition and her post-production is pretty sensitive.
Looking forward to the next shots of her
All the best from the East Coast
May 2nd, 2010
Sometimes life throws you a little piece of luck, and its best to just grab and hold on tight. I first met "Seattle Miles" because of the name. Seeing as I'm also a Miles, and live in Portland, I saw the screen name and thought - well, that's someone who I should say "Hi" to. So I did.
But here's the thing. At the time Seattle Miles had a non-descript buddy icon, and I actually thought I was talking to a dude.
Turns out, Seattle Miles is Shenene, Dene', Miss Thang, Her Epicness, 15,000,000 Views. Thank goodness I made that first initial contact, or I wouldn't know any of these things today.
When Seattle Miles and I get married, it's been decided that we will be a little non-conformist, and I will take her last name, becoming Miles Miles. Don't tell my present wife.
Dene' is one of the truly great artists on Fickr. Not only are her images go deservedly to Rockstar status, she's always there to be my first and best comment.
What would I do without her? Flickr would be a lonely, horrible place. Add her as a contact immediately, but don't expect to be her #1 fan. You've got to get in line to be that."
February 3rd, 2010
Extra Medium says:
"Dene was trying as hard as she could to speak into the microphone, but her hoarse voice limited her amount of intelligible words. Even after a pack of sore throat lozenges and a grip of pistachios, her throat was still in pain from giving the same speech on this 10-day lecture circuit. I was lucky enough to sneak backstage and get a few minutes to talk with her, thwarting security with a red balloon and an under-ripe banana. I asked her when she decided to make a career out of quantitive fluvial geomorphology, and she informed me that it wasn't her career, but just a passing interest to help her better understand physical earth dynamics and how to interpret how and where the most photogenic places on the planet. So her whole goal was to better interpret where the most beautiful places were in order to photograph. And after seeing her photos I realized this was absolutely true. I learned a lot from Dene that day back in 1979, and I've seen her grow into a somewhat mature young woman full of energy, passion, and coffee. I look forward to seeing more of her work, and her geomorphology."
February 3rd, 2010
Justin Reznick says:
"Dene' is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. She is a joy to be around and a joy to shoot with, which I look forward to doing lots of in the future! She has a passion for travel and shooting all around the world. Dene' is a very talented landscape photographer who even enjoys shooting wildlife:). As a contact, Dene' will inspire you and make you laugh. I'm lucky to have her as a friend on Flickr and beyond!"
February 2nd, 2010
little m:) says:
"dene has the 3 things i value most in a fellow photographer~vision, tenacity & a big ol sense of humor!
a conceptual shooter~she knows exactly what she wants and is willing to do whatever it takes (*PATRICKS*) to get the shot. i freaking LOVE that!
and she makes me laugh~omg, she makes me laugh so hard i need physical therapy afterwards!
in this life we have so many opportunites to make someone else smiley and, yet, we take advantage of so few~dene is someone who who takes advantage of every single one.
her pictures shine because her spirit shines~expecting much from this lady~true story:)"
January 18th, 2010
"Dene´s photostream never ceases to surprise, delight and amaze me. Her work is spontaneous, technically skillful and always interesting. Her pictures are so strong and beautiful, she really makes the most out her amazing pictures every single time I am so happy that i came across her stream. She is a wonderful person and a really good Flickr friend. Thank you Dene for everything and being my inspiration.
January 8th, 2010
"Dene is a wonderful and talented person. I've had the great experience of working along side her and watching her work her magic. Her appoarch to each shot is amazing, on how she pays so much attention to detail. Stuff that I or maybe others might over look she has found and captured showing us what hidden beauties this world keeps for us. Dene is truly a great inspiration for every photo I take and wonderful friend.
Thanks D :)
December 15th, 2009
"I haven't written a testimonial for my friend, Dene'! Shame on me! Well, I don't know why I missed so many of her earlier pieces of photographic art! Dene' is an incredible photographer. A simple field with a barn is turned into a magnificent and beautiful photo! The colors are bright and without flaw! Her newest adventure into HDR takes her wonderful photos a step closer to masterpieces. I'd have her photographic works hanging in my office if I had the chance to obtain them! Well, Dene' has also become a very nice, wonderful, respectful, intellegent, beautiful friend as well! We seem to follow one another from one photo group to another! I always want to seek her beautiful photos because she deserves EVERY single comment and award she is given! They are amazing, she is amazing! I am glad I "stumbled" upon her photos. Dene', Thank You for being such a very wonderful friend!"
October 3rd, 2009
Mr. janhe_10 says:
"Dene' is a jewel!! Not only because she's a very talented photographer but also because she is a beautiful human being...Only a person with a big heart can see what she sees. That's why I say that some people don't use their eyes to see...but their heart! She definitely is one of them. A being of Light that illuminates people and things around her. When you come across her path, you have hit on gold! Thanks Dene for being...Besos!"
October 1st, 2009
Brandon Godfrey says:
"What can I say, Dene has such a charming and infectious personality. From the moment we met, we have been flickr pea's and pods ever since. =D
Aside from that, she also has a wonderful photostream with an interesting variety of different styles and subjects. You just never know what she's going to post next... Or when. lol
Thanks for your continued support my friend!
September 29th, 2009
- May 2008
- Seattle native
- Seattle , USA (West Seattle)
- I am:
- Seattle, WA