I am an artist, creative director and curator.
My photographs are (C) Copyrighted and All Rights Reserved.
Please refrain from reproducing and/or using any of my photographic works for publication, print or for posting on the Internet without permission.
- gay art 7,326 photos, 1,327 members
- Artworks on Paper 319,750 photos, 12,002 members
- Innovative collage 20,180 photos, 765 members
- *Paper Museum 108,001 photos, 3,585 members
- Ice Cream People 418 photos, 690 members
- mens fashion & styles 14,322 photos, 2,149 members
- Cut 'n' Paste 38,635 photos, 1,428 members
- Collage Jerks 18,582 photos, 1,438 members
- ART-X 73,517 photos, 1,742 members
- Collage Brut 18,283 photos, 898 members
- Vintage Paper Collage 19,596 photos, 1,449 members
- All Collages 152,244 photos, 9,074 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,322 photos, 22,313 members
- Collage Images (NOT FOR POSTING ART) 29,023 photos, 10,185 members
- workspaces 1,325 photos, 578 members
- Film in Baltimore 16,186 photos, 538 members
- Creepy Dolls 12,073 photos, 1,767 members
- + Toys ( 玩具,おもちゃ ) 471,362 photos, 24,525 members
- We ♥ Blythe 106,345 photos, 2,325 members
- Blythe Blythe Blythe! 240,614 photos, 6,426 members
- Blythe Doll - Blytheopedia 427 photos, 2,241 members
- Pulp Fiction 9,226 photos, 1,383 members
- Shelf Pr0n 176 photos, 62 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 767,043 photos, 33,233 members
- zinesters 11,100 photos, 1,905 members
- 120 547,185 photos, 15,846 members
- The Film Group 703,427 photos, 12,747 members
- 6x6. 261,581 photos, 7,181 members
- Indoor 'Street' Shooting 2,771 photos, 489 members
- 6x6 -COLOR- *120Film ONLY* NO Toycamera, NO X-Processed 149,965 photos, 6,201 members
- squareFormat 950,600 photos, 38,131 members
- Hasselblad Users Group 134,487 photos, 5,433 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,252 photos, 1,616 members
- Existence Day (Ad Campaign SUBMISSION) 68 photos, 26 members
- Call For Entries Listing 155 photos, 874 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 136,664 photos, 9,173 members
- COME INTO LAND 43,394 photos, 1,162 members
- Іt's for You 1,207 photos, 67 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,819 photos, 1,310 members
- Vintage San Francisco 546 photos, 92 members
- Vintage Vegas 1,300 photos, 349 members
- VINTAGE MONSTER AND HORROR MAGAZINES AND BOOKS 15 photos, 203 members
- Retro Kid 5,314 photos, 3,848 members
- Band Promos 31,039 photos, 8,143 members
- Women in prison movies 936 photos, 413 members
- Gutter Magazine Polaroids 2,592 photos, 149 members
- All-Mighty Clothing 1,842 photos, 279 members
- The Ottobar 446 photos, 39 members
- The Polaroid Enthusiast 19,267 photos, 747 members
- Zorp Kingdom: Home of the Zorp 11,357 photos, 587 members
travis street says:
"The single biggest inspiration for me to get off my ass and do something ."
May 18th, 2008
blob renno says:
"I really enjoy defekto's Polaroid spirit!"
May 16th, 2008
"i had a dream that you were on the side of the road selling huge polaroid prints, and one of the pictures was a nude man but they wouldn't let you sell it like that so you ripped the print and crossed the street and you kept telling everyone to buy the whole print they would have to cross the street to buy the other half."
April 22nd, 2008
"Defekto makes little squares of delicious genius that are more addictive than peanut butter brownies. He is nice to animals and has never once tried to assassinate a king. If you are moving, he will lend you his truck."
April 20th, 2008
Johnny Scott Gramercy says:
"Defecto's work is inspiring to me for all the wrong reasons."
April 5th, 2008
i am klaus says:
"polaroids so sweet they give my eyes cavities."
March 5th, 2008
Chase Lisbon says:
February 29th, 2008
"Work? I'm too busy losing myself in Defekto's photostream."
December 11th, 2007
draGnet ★ says:
""defekto will have the chance to review this testimonial before it is published, so don't bother with something rude or nasty."
November 10th, 2007
Lord Jim says:
"I just realized that I stopped adding favorites from Defekto's stream simply cause they all are Faves!
These are categorically baller! No shit! Without exception! It's uncanny.
Which is why we have to kill him:
He's build a transmogrifier that mesmerizes all the beautiful people in the world to move to Baltimore, then he wills them into his subjects. The rest of us get to take pictures of flowers and rust...
Death is welcome.
And then there's that incredibly scarce quality I noticed: I don't think I've ever heard Jim dissing anyone or anything... He always finds something redeeming in everything. That's nobility! I think he somehow belives in the subversive power of tact, manners and humble kindness...wow, weird.
Anyways...keep freaking the mundane Jim. Someone's gotta do it."
October 22nd, 2007
I'm $partacus says:
"I want to party like defekto! If your ever in Glasgow Scotland I'll buy the guy a beer!"
August 12th, 2007
agent lover says:
"If I ever meet a genie, one of my wishes will be for the the two worlds of Defekto and the Cliterati to meet... and Klaus and I end up featured in his magic photostream. He is our favorite!"
April 18th, 2007
"Defekto taught me how to spell."
January 16th, 2007
"i know in great detail the goings on of this man..i have seen his work in progress with my own eyes...he is a machine.. jim is forever glamorous..he's destined to be reincarnated as a big ring on Pauline De Rothchild's finger"
November 2nd, 2006
Angell - says:
"Defekto shoots the kinds of parties I want to go to. And his pictures have such panache. If I was to visit the states, I would go to Baltimore and not leave....
Keep shooting, you're an inspiration."
August 15th, 2006
"Stated simply: Defekto is my American Idol.
He should be yours too."
May 28th, 2006
"jim's images make me squirm...in a good way."
April 12th, 2006
Lou O' Bedlam says:
"Where he is, you want to go.
What he photographs, you want to have.
Who he captures, you want to be.
But you wouldn't, if not for him."
April 11th, 2006
nathan appel says:
"Everytime I see a defekto photo I feel warm and tingly inside, seriously"
April 6th, 2006
"defekto uploads some of the most insane, crazy, and daring photos I have ever seen. It's always a pleasure browsing through the sets... it's like I always discover something new lurking in there. The portraits are amazing and I have never seen anything like them before. Truly original and one of my new favorite photographers!
Keep up the amazing work!"
March 4th, 2006
"i don't know if defekto reveals or imparts magic onto his subjects, but everyone becomes divine under his photographic gaze. he's simply the best portraitist you'll find here, so add him as a contact now and brag to your friends later that you knew about him back in his flickr days."
December 27th, 2005
Annene von Durchgerockt says:
"He's the Prince of Pain, the Balls of Confusion, The Guy With His Finger On It and a man who can light a goddammed photo no matter where or when. Go forth and conquer defekto, may you rule the world."
October 16th, 2005
Lana Evil says:
""Hey kids, stop snogging and pay attention to me. 'Cos if you're a wild-eyed loner standing at the gates of Oblivion, hitch a ride with us. 'Cos we're on the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City, and we haven't even told our parents what time we'll be back ! So put on your dancing trousers, and get down to the utter King of Rock and Roll, CLIFF RICHARD !!!""
October 5th, 2005
"Glorious urban squalor meets distressed technicolor nightmares with a dash of social commentary and a hairy asscheek or two thrown in for good measure. That's how I'd describe the brilliance of Defekto.
I wouldn't even dare use the word "kitsch" to describe Defekto's work; to do so would only serve to label and pigeonhole the photographic work of this man, and it's quite apparent he's wayyyyyyyy beyond that. From dirty toilets to the glance of a colorful personality with an unidentifiable gender, it's all here.
So pull up a chair, look through every single one of his photos if you have the balls to do, and prepare to be entertained. It's certainly a trip.
I only wish he was available in pill form."
July 27th, 2005
- May 2005
- Baltimore, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Curator/Arts Coordinator