I am an artist, creative director and curator.
My photographs are (C) Copyrighted and All Rights Reserved.
Please refrain from reproducing and/or using any of my photographic works for publication, print or for posting on the Internet without permission.
- gay art 7,217 photos, 1,318 members
- Artworks on Paper 317,650 photos, 11,972 members
- Innovative collage 20,132 photos, 765 members
- *Paper Museum 106,880 photos, 3,571 members
- Ice Cream People 413 photos, 687 members
- mens fashion & styles 14,197 photos, 2,139 members
- Cut 'n' Paste 38,330 photos, 1,421 members
- Collage Jerks 18,776 photos, 1,430 members
- ART-X 72,624 photos, 1,727 members
- Collage Brut 18,306 photos, 895 members
- Vintage Paper Collage 19,413 photos, 1,445 members
- All Collages 152,895 photos, 9,067 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,358 photos, 22,334 members
- Collage Images (NOT FOR POSTING ART) 29,069 photos, 10,179 members
- workspaces 1,328 photos, 577 members
- Film in Baltimore 16,050 photos, 534 members
- Creepy Dolls 11,999 photos, 1,759 members
- + Toys ( 玩具,おもちゃ ) 465,886 photos, 24,423 members
- We ♥ Blythe 105,615 photos, 2,312 members
- Blythe Blythe Blythe! 239,327 photos, 6,401 members
- Blythe Doll - Blytheopedia 427 photos, 2,232 members
- Pulp Fiction 9,226 photos, 1,378 members
- Shelf Pr0n 175 photos, 62 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 763,738 photos, 33,172 members
- zinesters 10,970 photos, 1,900 members
- 120 542,691 photos, 15,773 members
- The Film Group 692,081 photos, 12,620 members
- 6x6. 258,954 photos, 7,108 members
- Indoor 'Street' Shooting 2,753 photos, 486 members
- 6x6 -COLOR- *120Film ONLY* NO Toycamera, NO X-Processed 148,963 photos, 6,170 members
- squareFormat 946,857 photos, 37,829 members
- Hasselblad Users Group 133,439 photos, 5,401 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,274 photos, 1,617 members
- Existence Day (Ad Campaign SUBMISSION) 68 photos, 26 members
- Call For Entries Listing 150 photos, 874 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 136,590 photos, 9,129 members
- COME INTO LAND 43,104 photos, 1,152 members
- Іt's for You 1,199 photos, 67 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,845 photos, 1,311 members
- Vintage San Francisco 548 photos, 92 members
- Vintage Vegas 1,299 photos, 346 members
- VINTAGE MONSTER AND HORROR MAGAZINES AND BOOKS 15 photos, 203 members
- Retro Kid 5,314 photos, 3,838 members
- Band Promos 30,982 photos, 8,124 members
- Women in prison movies 238 photos, 406 members
- Gutter Magazine Polaroids 2,590 photos, 150 members
- All-Mighty Clothing 1,842 photos, 279 members
- The Ottobar 446 photos, 40 members
- The Polaroid Enthusiast 19,207 photos, 744 members
- Zorp Kingdom: Home of the Zorp 11,767 photos, 587 members
travis street says:
"The single biggest inspiration for me to get off my ass and do something ."
May 18th, 2008
blob renno says:
"I really enjoy defekto's Polaroid spirit!"
May 16th, 2008
"i had a dream that you were on the side of the road selling huge polaroid prints, and one of the pictures was a nude man but they wouldn't let you sell it like that so you ripped the print and crossed the street and you kept telling everyone to buy the whole print they would have to cross the street to buy the other half."
April 22nd, 2008
"Defekto makes little squares of delicious genius that are more addictive than peanut butter brownies. He is nice to animals and has never once tried to assassinate a king. If you are moving, he will lend you his truck."
April 20th, 2008
Johnny Scott Gramercy says:
"Defecto's work is inspiring to me for all the wrong reasons."
April 5th, 2008
i am klaus says:
"polaroids so sweet they give my eyes cavities."
March 5th, 2008
Chase Lisbon says:
February 29th, 2008
"Work? I'm too busy losing myself in Defekto's photostream."
December 11th, 2007
draGnet ★ says:
""defekto will have the chance to review this testimonial before it is published, so don't bother with something rude or nasty."
November 10th, 2007
Lord Jim says:
"I just realized that I stopped adding favorites from Defekto's stream simply cause they all are Faves!
These are categorically baller! No shit! Without exception! It's uncanny.
Which is why we have to kill him:
He's build a transmogrifier that mesmerizes all the beautiful people in the world to move to Baltimore, then he wills them into his subjects. The rest of us get to take pictures of flowers and rust...
Death is welcome.
And then there's that incredibly scarce quality I noticed: I don't think I've ever heard Jim dissing anyone or anything... He always finds something redeeming in everything. That's nobility! I think he somehow belives in the subversive power of tact, manners and humble kindness...wow, weird.
Anyways...keep freaking the mundane Jim. Someone's gotta do it."
October 22nd, 2007
I'm $partacus says:
"I want to party like defekto! If your ever in Glasgow Scotland I'll buy the guy a beer!"
August 12th, 2007
agent lover says:
"If I ever meet a genie, one of my wishes will be for the the two worlds of Defekto and the Cliterati to meet... and Klaus and I end up featured in his magic photostream. He is our favorite!"
April 18th, 2007
"Defekto taught me how to spell."
January 16th, 2007
"i know in great detail the goings on of this man..i have seen his work in progress with my own eyes...he is a machine.. jim is forever glamorous..he's destined to be reincarnated as a big ring on Pauline De Rothchild's finger"
November 2nd, 2006
Angell - says:
"Defekto shoots the kinds of parties I want to go to. And his pictures have such panache. If I was to visit the states, I would go to Baltimore and not leave....
Keep shooting, you're an inspiration."
August 15th, 2006
"Stated simply: Defekto is my American Idol.
He should be yours too."
May 28th, 2006
"jim's images make me squirm...in a good way."
April 12th, 2006
Lou O' Bedlam says:
"Where he is, you want to go.
What he photographs, you want to have.
Who he captures, you want to be.
But you wouldn't, if not for him."
April 11th, 2006
nathan appel says:
"Everytime I see a defekto photo I feel warm and tingly inside, seriously"
April 6th, 2006
"defekto uploads some of the most insane, crazy, and daring photos I have ever seen. It's always a pleasure browsing through the sets... it's like I always discover something new lurking in there. The portraits are amazing and I have never seen anything like them before. Truly original and one of my new favorite photographers!
Keep up the amazing work!"
March 4th, 2006
"i don't know if defekto reveals or imparts magic onto his subjects, but everyone becomes divine under his photographic gaze. he's simply the best portraitist you'll find here, so add him as a contact now and brag to your friends later that you knew about him back in his flickr days."
December 27th, 2005
Annene von Durchgerockt says:
"He's the Prince of Pain, the Balls of Confusion, The Guy With His Finger On It and a man who can light a goddammed photo no matter where or when. Go forth and conquer defekto, may you rule the world."
October 16th, 2005
Lana Evil says:
""Hey kids, stop snogging and pay attention to me. 'Cos if you're a wild-eyed loner standing at the gates of Oblivion, hitch a ride with us. 'Cos we're on the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City, and we haven't even told our parents what time we'll be back ! So put on your dancing trousers, and get down to the utter King of Rock and Roll, CLIFF RICHARD !!!""
October 5th, 2005
"Glorious urban squalor meets distressed technicolor nightmares with a dash of social commentary and a hairy asscheek or two thrown in for good measure. That's how I'd describe the brilliance of Defekto.
I wouldn't even dare use the word "kitsch" to describe Defekto's work; to do so would only serve to label and pigeonhole the photographic work of this man, and it's quite apparent he's wayyyyyyyy beyond that. From dirty toilets to the glance of a colorful personality with an unidentifiable gender, it's all here.
So pull up a chair, look through every single one of his photos if you have the balls to do, and prepare to be entertained. It's certainly a trip.
I only wish he was available in pill form."
July 27th, 2005
- May 2005
- Baltimore, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Curator/Arts Coordinator