I am an artist, creative director and curator.
My photographs are (C) Copyrighted and All Rights Reserved.
Please refrain from reproducing and/or using any of my photographic works for publication, print or for posting on the Internet without permission.
- gay art 6,825 photos, 1,279 members
- Artworks on Paper 308,345 photos, 11,857 members
- Innovative collage 19,125 photos, 744 members
- *Paper Museum 102,048 photos, 3,521 members
- Ice Cream People 385 photos, 687 members
- mens fashion & styles 13,628 photos, 2,099 members
- Cut 'n' Paste 36,343 photos, 1,399 members
- Collage Jerks 17,897 photos, 1,404 members
- ART-X 69,199 photos, 1,693 members
- Collage Brut 17,325 photos, 879 members
- Vintage Paper Collage 18,345 photos, 1,422 members
- All Collages 149,538 photos, 9,013 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,468 photos, 22,476 members
- Collage Images (NOT FOR POSTING ART) 28,765 photos, 10,116 members
- workspaces 1,312 photos, 576 members
- Film in Baltimore 15,394 photos, 517 members
- Creepy Dolls 11,770 photos, 1,720 members
- + Toys ( 玩具,おもちゃ ) 440,220 photos, 23,936 members
- We ♥ Blythe 102,007 photos, 2,259 members
- Blythe Blythe Blythe! 233,783 photos, 6,317 members
- Blythe Doll - Blytheopedia 427 photos, 2,188 members
- Pulp Fiction 9,086 photos, 1,347 members
- Shelf Pr0n 169 photos, 62 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 747,476 photos, 32,917 members
- zinesters 10,556 photos, 1,884 members
- 120 527,203 photos, 15,355 members
- The Film Group 639,747 photos, 11,902 members
- 6x6. 250,534 photos, 6,743 members
- Indoor 'Street' Shooting 2,711 photos, 477 members
- 6x6 -COLOR- *120Film ONLY* NO Toycamera, NO X-Processed 146,962 photos, 6,034 members
- squareFormat 934,402 photos, 36,176 members
- Hasselblad Users Group 130,182 photos, 5,240 members
- 'Roid Week 2010 5,288 photos, 1,624 members
- Existence Day (Ad Campaign SUBMISSION) 68 photos, 26 members
- Call For Entries Listing 145 photos, 875 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 132,225 photos, 8,897 members
- COME INTO LAND 41,744 photos, 1,139 members
- Іt's for You 1,143 photos, 66 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,830 photos, 1,316 members
- Vintage San Francisco 549 photos, 88 members
- Vintage Vegas 1,301 photos, 338 members
- VINTAGE MONSTER AND HORROR MAGAZINES AND BOOKS 15 photos, 202 members
- Retro Kid 5,316 photos, 3,824 members
- Band Promos 30,711 photos, 8,066 members
- Women in prison movies 133 photos, 378 members
- Gutter Magazine Polaroids 2,584 photos, 151 members
- All-Mighty Clothing 1,851 photos, 279 members
- The Ottobar 446 photos, 40 members
- The Polaroid Enthusiast 18,632 photos, 709 members
- Zorp Kingdom: Home of the Zorp 11,578 photos, 587 members
travis street says:
"The single biggest inspiration for me to get off my ass and do something ."
May 18th, 2008
blob renno says:
"I really enjoy defekto's Polaroid spirit!"
May 16th, 2008
"i had a dream that you were on the side of the road selling huge polaroid prints, and one of the pictures was a nude man but they wouldn't let you sell it like that so you ripped the print and crossed the street and you kept telling everyone to buy the whole print they would have to cross the street to buy the other half."
April 22nd, 2008
"Defekto makes little squares of delicious genius that are more addictive than peanut butter brownies. He is nice to animals and has never once tried to assassinate a king. If you are moving, he will lend you his truck."
April 20th, 2008
Johnny Scott Gramercy says:
"Defecto's work is inspiring to me for all the wrong reasons."
April 5th, 2008
i am klaus says:
"polaroids so sweet they give my eyes cavities."
March 5th, 2008
Chase Lisbon says:
February 29th, 2008
"Work? I'm too busy losing myself in Defekto's photostream."
December 11th, 2007
draGnet ★ says:
""defekto will have the chance to review this testimonial before it is published, so don't bother with something rude or nasty."
November 10th, 2007
Lord Jim says:
"I just realized that I stopped adding favorites from Defekto's stream simply cause they all are Faves!
These are categorically baller! No shit! Without exception! It's uncanny.
Which is why we have to kill him:
He's build a transmogrifier that mesmerizes all the beautiful people in the world to move to Baltimore, then he wills them into his subjects. The rest of us get to take pictures of flowers and rust...
Death is welcome.
And then there's that incredibly scarce quality I noticed: I don't think I've ever heard Jim dissing anyone or anything... He always finds something redeeming in everything. That's nobility! I think he somehow belives in the subversive power of tact, manners and humble kindness...wow, weird.
Anyways...keep freaking the mundane Jim. Someone's gotta do it."
October 22nd, 2007
I'm $partacus says:
"I want to party like defekto! If your ever in Glasgow Scotland I'll buy the guy a beer!"
August 12th, 2007
agent lover says:
"If I ever meet a genie, one of my wishes will be for the the two worlds of Defekto and the Cliterati to meet... and Klaus and I end up featured in his magic photostream. He is our favorite!"
April 18th, 2007
"Defekto taught me how to spell."
January 16th, 2007
"i know in great detail the goings on of this man..i have seen his work in progress with my own eyes...he is a machine.. jim is forever glamorous..he's destined to be reincarnated as a big ring on Pauline De Rothchild's finger"
November 2nd, 2006
Angell - says:
"Defekto shoots the kinds of parties I want to go to. And his pictures have such panache. If I was to visit the states, I would go to Baltimore and not leave....
Keep shooting, you're an inspiration."
August 15th, 2006
"Stated simply: Defekto is my American Idol.
He should be yours too."
May 28th, 2006
"jim's images make me squirm...in a good way."
April 12th, 2006
Lou O' Bedlam says:
"Where he is, you want to go.
What he photographs, you want to have.
Who he captures, you want to be.
But you wouldn't, if not for him."
April 11th, 2006
nathan appel says:
"Everytime I see a defekto photo I feel warm and tingly inside, seriously"
April 6th, 2006
"defekto uploads some of the most insane, crazy, and daring photos I have ever seen. It's always a pleasure browsing through the sets... it's like I always discover something new lurking in there. The portraits are amazing and I have never seen anything like them before. Truly original and one of my new favorite photographers!
Keep up the amazing work!"
March 4th, 2006
"i don't know if defekto reveals or imparts magic onto his subjects, but everyone becomes divine under his photographic gaze. he's simply the best portraitist you'll find here, so add him as a contact now and brag to your friends later that you knew about him back in his flickr days."
December 27th, 2005
Annene von Durchgerockt says:
"He's the Prince of Pain, the Balls of Confusion, The Guy With His Finger On It and a man who can light a goddammed photo no matter where or when. Go forth and conquer defekto, may you rule the world."
October 16th, 2005
Lana Evil says:
""Hey kids, stop snogging and pay attention to me. 'Cos if you're a wild-eyed loner standing at the gates of Oblivion, hitch a ride with us. 'Cos we're on the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City, and we haven't even told our parents what time we'll be back ! So put on your dancing trousers, and get down to the utter King of Rock and Roll, CLIFF RICHARD !!!""
October 5th, 2005
"Glorious urban squalor meets distressed technicolor nightmares with a dash of social commentary and a hairy asscheek or two thrown in for good measure. That's how I'd describe the brilliance of Defekto.
I wouldn't even dare use the word "kitsch" to describe Defekto's work; to do so would only serve to label and pigeonhole the photographic work of this man, and it's quite apparent he's wayyyyyyyy beyond that. From dirty toilets to the glance of a colorful personality with an unidentifiable gender, it's all here.
So pull up a chair, look through every single one of his photos if you have the balls to do, and prepare to be entertained. It's certainly a trip.
I only wish he was available in pill form."
July 27th, 2005
- May 2005
- Baltimore, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Curator/Arts Coordinator