About me (aside from the fact that I have zero tolerance for douchebaggery):
Along with being a professional layout monkey, I am a corporate/freelance photographer capturing architectural, industrial, and commercial images – with a particular interest in shooting scenes of dereliction and abandoned spaces. I also specialize in digital infrared and real estate photography.
My extremely talented husband – (retired from photography but check him out anyway)
I will instantly block you if:
• You add me as a contact and have no photos of your own
• You add me as a contact and have porn or a lot of nudity fav'd or in your stream
• You fave a bunch of my photos at once and leave no comments
• You fave any of my photos and have none of your own
• You constantly spam me with random group invitations
NOTICE: All images in this stream are copyrighted and may not be used without proper license. No derivative works allowed (please don't ask to manipulate my photos or base your art on my photos). In other words, images in this photostream may not be blogged, displayed, transmitted, printed, or otherwise used without permission.
Visit my personal site for inquiries, licensing, or prints:
- Canon EOS M Series - Mirrorless 67,357 photos, 4,104 members
- Pure fucking METAL 10,274 photos, 504 members
- Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM 6,105 photos, 1,028 members
- Life After People 2012 4,097 photos, 134 members
- Retro Camera 7,644 photos, 811 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 36,524 photos, 1,064 members
- Typography and Lettering 182,673 photos, 29,347 members
- PANASONIC - LUMIX LX5 - LX7 - LX 100 - LX15 33,896 photos, 1,610 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX Enthusiast Compacts 36,245 photos, 2,367 members
- The Photo Argus Community 99,762 photos, 4,950 members
- **THE FORGOTTEN CORRIDOR** 2,530 photos, 177 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 193,795 photos, 18,214 members
- San Francisco 279,830 photos, 15,671 members
- Door & Window Porn 13,019 photos, 1,079 members
- GOONIES 18,193 photos, 305 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes 594,718 photos, 40,133 members
- DECAY THROUGH THE EYES OF A JUNKIE 18,600 photos, 459 members
- Freedom Urbex 8,455 photos, 191 members
- Urban-explora (NO GRAFITTI , SPARK & LIGHTPAINT-photos!) 40,568 photos, 803 members
- New York: Landmarks - the best of NY 85,779 photos, 5,886 members
- Glamour Cat Magazine 37,780 photos, 5,891 members
- *ADORABLE CATS AND KITTENS* 7,813 photos, 711 members
- Industry_Industrie_Industria 48,915 photos, 3,024 members
- The Rust Bucket 89,026 photos, 7,846 members
- UrbExIt.net 28,979 photos, 514 members
- City Skylines 39,365 photos, 3,760 members
- Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di-II LD SP 35,572 photos, 2,081 members
- URBEX JUNKIES 117,569 photos, 2,547 members
- Bridges Across 59,380 photos, 5,930 members
- Maine Coon Cats 27,646 photos, 2,155 members
- Old Hospitals 14,059 photos, 743 members
- Roosevelt-Vanderbilt National Historic Sites Group 1,065 photos, 62 members
- Autumn in New York State 8,000 photos, 441 members
- WNY Photo Critique 6 photos, 6 members
- Abandoned Beauties 138,630 photos, 3,245 members
- TalkUrbex.com 149,608 photos, 2,366 members
- Artistic Infrared 12,394 photos, 692 members
- Passion for Urbex Stairs 1,717 photos, 221 members
- The Abandoned and The Forgotten 78,466 photos, 1,425 members
- Shadows & Light 150,380 photos, 5,080 members
- Industry 96,229 photos, 6,138 members
- abandoned asylums 20,416 photos, 1,077 members
- Urbex chairs 2,081 photos, 222 members
- Industrial 2,293 photos, 164 members
- UrbEx - Hospitals 13,076 photos, 516 members
- Premier League of the Empty Chair 697 photos, 114 members
- East Coast Urban Explorers 8,278 photos, 242 members
- Infrared Landscape Photography 5,747 photos, 324 members
- Beauty of Decay / Schönheit des Verfalls 107,368 photos, 2,242 members
- Infrared Appreciation Society 2,271 photos, 125 members
"Deeva, a fitting name for a woman of such photographic stature. She has become an icon for American Urban Exploration with her powerful, emotional compositions of dereliction and decay. A master of post processing, HDR, and infra-red, her images are unique, extraordinary, and recognizably authored by her hands.
In stark contrast, she is as humble as a mouse about her work, and goes out of her way to ensure others feel proud about theirs.
I've had the priviledge of befriending Dee this past year, going on multiple shoots with her. Nothing but the best of times!!!
Keep in mind, she does carry 4-5 cameras each time she goes out, so...
I'm just sayin'"
June 15th, 2010
"Deeva is undoubtedly the most creative woman from my all flickr's friends / contacts. Her works are always amazing and surprising me by quality, detail and color. She's true photographer artist and all her photos are totally masterpieces. HDR images that created are certainly the world's highest shelf. Thank you that you are creating these works and share them with us. Please create pictures so awesome and beautiful as so far..."
January 1st, 2010
"There are a few things that I can't live without in my life. One of those things, very dear to me, is inspiration. Sure, you can find it in hidden places, in the glance of an eye, etc. I am honored to have met D.E.E.V.A. and the Flying Dutchee. To me, i should be paying for the inspiration and mindset that I see in their photos.
Thank You, for the photo and all the hard work you put into your shots"
September 4th, 2008
"About time I got around to this. I know that many people don't take the time to even look at a photographer's profile, let alone read these testimonials, but I feel inclined to write a tid bit on this woman because of how truly wonderful and kind, and open minded she is. I first met Deeva at a social group outing by the Niagara River and was instantly drawn to her energy. She has such a deep-rooted passion for all that she does and all that she stands for. She took me under her wing, and helped show me the ropes of photography while still giving me room to experiment and develop my own unique style. She is honest in her feedback and critiques and takes time to express her feelings on each photo she comments on. Not only has she inspired me to continue to use photography as a form of self-expression, but she has driven me to excell and drive myself to get better. She is truly one of a kind and I value her friendship and loyalty. Thanks Dee!"
July 28th, 2008
"I have come to admire Deeva's work over the last 6 or 7 months.Her images are visually stunning and so full of detail,especially her I.R work.Derelict & abandoned buildings have never looked better.Your images are the absolute bollocks my dear flickr friend....nuff said really!"
May 17th, 2008
Scallop Holden says:
"Deeva is the reason I signed up for Flickr in the first place. Her images are breathtaking. Don't take my word for it. Take a ride through her stream and see what I mean.
Easily one of the Top HDR photographers on the Net and pushing the limits all the time."
March 9th, 2008
Oh Lenna (Photolena) says:
"I've been lucky enough to photograph alongside Deeva and know what a real eye she has for composition and colour. Her HDR work has skyrocketed her into a whole new level of photography that few of us ever achieve. To top it off, she's one of the nicest people you could ever ask to shoot with - and she makes a respirator look sexy!"
August 23rd, 2007
DARREN ST0NE says:
"Deeva ,IMHO, is one of the best photographers on Flickr. She can shoot a screaming rock band or a church cathdedral with equal ease. Her photos are always original and superbly crafted. She is also a really kind Flickr friend who always takes time to look at my photos. If you are lucky enough to have found her site, just pray that she and her husband Flying Dutchee make you a contact! Your photography will be better for it!!!!"
March 29th, 2007
"I discovered a set of D e e v a' s HDRs a few months ago and was blown away not only by her technical mastery, but more importantly, by her careful and thoughtful compositions. For me, she sets an outstanding example in each genre of photography that she attempts (and conquers)."
March 29th, 2007
Eye Phunky says:
"D E E V A - what can I say? Words that come to mind - talented, kind, amazing! She is an incredibly talented photographer and a very sweet person."
September 19th, 2006
- July 2005
- I am:
- Female and Taken