About me (aside from the fact that I have zero tolerance for douchebaggery):
Along with being a professional layout monkey, I am a corporate/freelance photographer capturing architectural, industrial, and commercial images – with a particular interest in shooting scenes of dereliction and abandoned spaces. I also specialize in digital infrared and real estate photography.
My extremely talented husband – (retired from photography but check him out anyway)
I will instantly block you if:
• You add me as a contact and have no photos of your own
• You add me as a contact and have porn or a lot of nudity fav'd or in your stream
• You fave a bunch of my photos at once and leave no comments
• You fave any of my photos and have none of your own
• You constantly spam me with random group invitations
NOTICE: All images in this stream are copyrighted and may not be used without proper license. No derivative works allowed (please don't ask to manipulate my photos or base your art on my photos). In other words, images in this photostream may not be blogged, displayed, transmitted, printed, or otherwise used without permission.
Visit my personal site for inquiries, licensing, or prints:
- Canon EOS M Series - Mirrorless 72,919 photos, 4,271 members
- Pure fucking METAL 10,711 photos, 519 members
- Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM 6,200 photos, 1,038 members
- Life After People 2012 4,160 photos, 132 members
- Retro Camera 7,647 photos, 810 members
- 3D CrossView Stereo Photos 37,635 photos, 1,076 members
- Typography and Lettering 182,378 photos, 29,459 members
- PANASONIC - LUMIX LX5 - LX7 - LX 100 - LX15 35,159 photos, 1,626 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX Enthusiast Compacts 36,567 photos, 2,358 members
- The Photo Argus Community 103,638 photos, 4,985 members
- **THE FORGOTTEN CORRIDOR** 2,659 photos, 180 members
- Bridges and Tunnels 196,754 photos, 18,222 members
- San Francisco 282,730 photos, 15,666 members
- Door & Window Porn 14,435 photos, 1,165 members
- GOONIES 18,666 photos, 317 members
- Beautiful Scenery & Landscapes 596,391 photos, 40,874 members
- DECAY THROUGH THE EYES OF A JUNKIE 18,910 photos, 473 members
- Freedom Urbex 9,404 photos, 198 members
- Urban-explora (NO GRAFITTI , SPARK & LIGHTPAINT-photos!) 41,419 photos, 815 members
- New York: Landmarks - the best of NY 87,970 photos, 5,922 members
- Glamour Cat Magazine 38,115 photos, 5,892 members
- *ADORABLE CATS AND KITTENS* 7,951 photos, 714 members
- Industry_Industrie_Industria 51,406 photos, 3,113 members
- The Rust Bucket 90,864 photos, 7,873 members
- UrbExIt.net 30,536 photos, 523 members
- City Skylines 41,721 photos, 3,887 members
- Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di-II LD SP 36,233 photos, 2,104 members
- URBEX JUNKIES 123,446 photos, 2,651 members
- Bridges Across 61,533 photos, 6,050 members
- Maine Coon Cats 27,850 photos, 2,166 members
- Old Hospitals 14,075 photos, 747 members
- Roosevelt-Vanderbilt National Historic Sites Group 1,063 photos, 62 members
- Autumn in New York State 8,080 photos, 444 members
- WNY Photo Critique 6 photos, 6 members
- Abandoned Beauties 144,109 photos, 3,377 members
- TalkUrbex.com 153,146 photos, 2,408 members
- Artistic Infrared 12,391 photos, 694 members
- Passion for Urbex Stairs 1,706 photos, 220 members
- The Abandoned and The Forgotten 81,366 photos, 1,469 members
- Shadows & Light 156,504 photos, 5,189 members
- Industry 99,456 photos, 6,200 members
- abandoned asylums 20,431 photos, 1,095 members
- Urbex chairs 2,084 photos, 222 members
- Industrial 2,618 photos, 173 members
- UrbEx - Hospitals 12,877 photos, 531 members
- Premier League of the Empty Chair 719 photos, 115 members
- East Coast Urban Explorers 8,229 photos, 245 members
- Infrared Landscape Photography 6,187 photos, 343 members
- Beauty of Decay / Schönheit des Verfalls 111,910 photos, 2,299 members
- Infrared Appreciation Society 2,495 photos, 130 members
"Deeva, a fitting name for a woman of such photographic stature. She has become an icon for American Urban Exploration with her powerful, emotional compositions of dereliction and decay. A master of post processing, HDR, and infra-red, her images are unique, extraordinary, and recognizably authored by her hands.
In stark contrast, she is as humble as a mouse about her work, and goes out of her way to ensure others feel proud about theirs.
I've had the priviledge of befriending Dee this past year, going on multiple shoots with her. Nothing but the best of times!!!
Keep in mind, she does carry 4-5 cameras each time she goes out, so...
I'm just sayin'"
June 15th, 2010
"Deeva is undoubtedly the most creative woman from my all flickr's friends / contacts. Her works are always amazing and surprising me by quality, detail and color. She's true photographer artist and all her photos are totally masterpieces. HDR images that created are certainly the world's highest shelf. Thank you that you are creating these works and share them with us. Please create pictures so awesome and beautiful as so far..."
January 1st, 2010
"There are a few things that I can't live without in my life. One of those things, very dear to me, is inspiration. Sure, you can find it in hidden places, in the glance of an eye, etc. I am honored to have met D.E.E.V.A. and the Flying Dutchee. To me, i should be paying for the inspiration and mindset that I see in their photos.
Thank You, for the photo and all the hard work you put into your shots"
September 4th, 2008
"About time I got around to this. I know that many people don't take the time to even look at a photographer's profile, let alone read these testimonials, but I feel inclined to write a tid bit on this woman because of how truly wonderful and kind, and open minded she is. I first met Deeva at a social group outing by the Niagara River and was instantly drawn to her energy. She has such a deep-rooted passion for all that she does and all that she stands for. She took me under her wing, and helped show me the ropes of photography while still giving me room to experiment and develop my own unique style. She is honest in her feedback and critiques and takes time to express her feelings on each photo she comments on. Not only has she inspired me to continue to use photography as a form of self-expression, but she has driven me to excell and drive myself to get better. She is truly one of a kind and I value her friendship and loyalty. Thanks Dee!"
July 28th, 2008
"I have come to admire Deeva's work over the last 6 or 7 months.Her images are visually stunning and so full of detail,especially her I.R work.Derelict & abandoned buildings have never looked better.Your images are the absolute bollocks my dear flickr friend....nuff said really!"
May 17th, 2008
Scallop Holden says:
"Deeva is the reason I signed up for Flickr in the first place. Her images are breathtaking. Don't take my word for it. Take a ride through her stream and see what I mean.
Easily one of the Top HDR photographers on the Net and pushing the limits all the time."
March 9th, 2008
Oh Lenna (Photolena) says:
"I've been lucky enough to photograph alongside Deeva and know what a real eye she has for composition and colour. Her HDR work has skyrocketed her into a whole new level of photography that few of us ever achieve. To top it off, she's one of the nicest people you could ever ask to shoot with - and she makes a respirator look sexy!"
August 23rd, 2007
DARREN ST0NE says:
"Deeva ,IMHO, is one of the best photographers on Flickr. She can shoot a screaming rock band or a church cathdedral with equal ease. Her photos are always original and superbly crafted. She is also a really kind Flickr friend who always takes time to look at my photos. If you are lucky enough to have found her site, just pray that she and her husband Flying Dutchee make you a contact! Your photography will be better for it!!!!"
March 29th, 2007
"I discovered a set of D e e v a' s HDRs a few months ago and was blown away not only by her technical mastery, but more importantly, by her careful and thoughtful compositions. For me, she sets an outstanding example in each genre of photography that she attempts (and conquers)."
March 29th, 2007
Eye Phunky says:
"D E E V A - what can I say? Words that come to mind - talented, kind, amazing! She is an incredibly talented photographer and a very sweet person."
September 19th, 2006
- July 2005
- I am:
- Female and Taken