A California transplanted to Amsterdam almost 20 years ago, I am an artist/designer and massively independent researcher who uses 'food' as a platform for social exchange and placemaking. Since 2004 I am the author of www.culiblog.org/ my personal research portal about food, food culture, and the culture that grows our food.
In 2006 - 2007 I:
- launched the Grow Yer Own Dang Food sprout restaurant in Amsterdam, a food producing restaurant cum art installation as part of Mediamatic's Night Garden exhibition. The restaurant served a tasting menu of micro-green cuisine including 31 sorts of sprouts and cresses.
- became food domain expert of the DOTT07-Urban Farming project in Middlesbrough. Together with my colleagues David Barrie (sr. producer) and Nina Belk (asst. Producer) I have initiated a project tha combines mobile growzones, kitchen playgrounds and a town meal for the city of Middlesbrough. Aside from food domain expertise, I will be art-directing the town meal.
- have co-curated the Edible Cities exhibition at the Netherlands Architecture Institute in Maastricht together with Hans Ibelings and Anneke Moors.
- have co-programmed the Doors9JUICE round table workshops with Garrick Jones as part of Doors of Perception 9: JUICE in Delhi
Drop me a line and I'd love to talk about all of these projects and others in florid and wordy detail... dsolomon AT xs4all DOT nl
debra solomon's favorite photos from other Flickr members (3)
debra solomon doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Debra Solomon
- March 2004
- Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- artist, designer