Please pick up your copy here for display on your profile.
My first photography experience was around 50-years ago when I made a penhole camera in "Graphic Arts" class. We took photos of each other, developed them and then learned composition from our junior high instructor.
I bought myself a Yashica 44 with mowing money and the rest is history. I've run hot and cold about photography over the decades, but always appreciated the great start that I got at Oceanway Junior High in North Florida.
I got into digital photography around 2006 with the purchase of a Canon G7. Now I'm using Canon's 5D MkIv and the 5DS-R with several L-series lenses, including an EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM.
Use Flickriver to view my "Interesting" images:
I shoot 100% in Raw and convert my images to jpeg using DxO Optics Pro and make global adjustments in DxO. . For stitching panoramas or making multi-image HDRs, I use Photoshop.
Photos of dcstep (6)
- Nubes y Tormentas (Sin limite de grupos) 4,799 photos, 262 members
- New Smyrna Beach 1,083 photos, 91 members
- Digital Photography Lovers 50,400 photos, 1,145 members
- Sony Professional 9,303 photos, 88 members
- CSSS: *My Perspective, A Personal Focus* 6,302 photos, 286 members
- A-1 Photos that should have made it 2,498 photos, 375 members
- Australia All Over 95,996 photos, 3,537 members
- DxO PhotoLab - No 30/60 limit 3,255 photos, 71 members
- Sony FE 12-24mm f/4 G Lens 141 photos, 46 members
- .: Canon mount lenses on SONY E-mount cameras :. 3,093 photos, 245 members
- Sony ILCE-7RM3 - Alpha7RIII - A7RIII 9,162 photos, 595 members
- Sony A7R III (ILCE-7RM3) 10,822 photos, 831 members
- Beautiful Realm (Admin. Invite) 17,461 photos, 1,310 members
- Sony 24-70/2.8 GM FE 8,713 photos, 1,211 members
- DxO PhotoLab 2,505 photos, 71 members
- The New DxO PhotoLab 7,953 photos, 52 members
- Team Sony 298,772 photos, 3,209 members
- 6,000 Views Unlimited 6000 123,530 photos, 6,572 members
- Sony 100-400mm GM 3,953 photos, 279 members
- Sony G MASTER - All GM lenses 3,969 photos, 220 members
- SONY G Master Lens 8,848 photos, 269 members
- Candid Street Photography Group 739,387 photos, 31,204 members
- SONY ALPHA: Amateur to Advanced 456,612 photos, 9,764 members
- Metabones adaptor 699 photos, 56 members
- Solar Eclipse 2017 USA 1,540 photos, 545 members
- Sony Alpha Only 90,844 photos, 911 members
- Sony A9 Alpha Mirrorless Digital Camera 1,075 photos, 40 members
- LIGHTHOUSE LOVERS 152,741 photos, 22,609 members
- FLICKR INTERNATIONAL - No 30/60 Groups Limit 403,848 photos, 4,724 members
- Solar Astrophotography 9,086 photos, 779 members
- Adams County, Colorado 1,328 photos, 119 members
- Handheld Panoramas 10,107 photos, 487 members
- God Clouds *with* Sun Rays 11,067 photos, 2,036 members
- St. Augustine Alligator Farm Bird Rookery 649 photos, 101 members
- Alligators and Crocodilians 12,391 photos, 2,464 members
- 5D Mark IV Full Frame Canon 30,107 photos, 1,108 members
- The best of world picture 1,348,930 photos, 31,827 members
- Birds of Louisiana 11,181 photos, 223 members
- silhouette 395,352 photos, 64,323 members
- Mountains & Clouds 211,336 photos, 16,519 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Users 28,486 photos, 966 members
- Canon 5D Mark IV 24,209 photos, 883 members
- extreme surfing 4,376 photos, 362 members
- Surfing Photography 23,359 photos, 1,375 members
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM 317,063 photos, 13,709 members
- Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM 58,079 photos, 1,291 members
- Ob-long (Please Heed Rules!) 33,644 photos, 1,160 members
- The Photography Enthusiasts 5,654 photos, 67 members
- White/Black 1,435,897 photos, 56,015 members
- Panorama World 54,839 photos, 3,440 members
Patricia Ware says:
"I'm not even sure how we became friends on Flickr, but I can't thank David enough for the help and support he has given me with my photography. I am fairly new to this wonderful hobby and have had a difficult time understanding how to get the exposure set correctly. So Dave not only explained it to me, but he also gave me links to various articles on the Internet which had even more detail.
He also gently critiques my work telling me how to set my camera to get the correct exposure. He taught me how to set the EV differently for various conditions. I usually take photos of birds, and white birds, he explained, need -EV to bring out their details, whereas black birds need +EV.
He always looks at what I've posted and if he marks it as a favorite, I know I've done well. Dave's the best!"
December 30th, 2010
- David Stephens
- November 2007
- Jacksonville, FL
- Denver, CO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Financial risk manager
- UCM, Inc.