Please pick up your copy here for display on your profile.
My first photography experience was around 50-years ago when I made a penhole camera in "Graphic Arts" class. We took photos of each other, developed them and then learned composition from our junior high instructor.
I bought myself a Yashica 44 with mowing money and the rest is history. I've run hot and cold about photography over the decades, but always appreciated the great start that I got at Oceanway Junior High in North Florida.
I got into digital photography around 2006 with the purchase of a Canon G7. Now I'm using Canon's 5D MkIII and their 7D with several L-series lenses.
To buy prints and image-based products, go to my SmugMug account at:
I'm a guest blogger at Wasatch Reflections Blog, which you can see at http://www.wasatchreflections.com/page28/page10/page10.html
Use Flickriver to view my "Interesting" images:
Here are stats:
I shoot 100% in Raw and convert my images to jpeg using DxO Optics Pro and make global adjustments in DxO. Most "local" adjustments are made in Sagelighteditor. For stitching panoramas or making multi-image HDRs, I use Photoshop.
Photos of dcstep (6)
- Birds & Animals Butt Shots "Please" BUTTS,BUMS, BACK ENDS ONLY 11,671 photos, 2,997 members
- Noah's Ark, all on board! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,539 photos, 478 members
- ~* Beauties Beasts *~ [ By Admin Invite Only ] 1,896 photos, 734 members
- Eagles of the World 23,993 photos, 3,673 members
- Wide Aspect Ratio 8,213 photos, 365 members
- Birds Portraits 3,173 photos, 2,111 members
- Fog and Rain 251,697 photos, 51,534 members
- Louisa's Animal Gallery 9,524 photos, 464 members
- Canon 7D or 7D2 Nature Photography - Nothing Man Made 58,990 photos, 1,551 members
- Black & White Digital 437,773 photos, 16,455 members
- Canon 7D Mk II 2,611 photos, 236 members
- Clouds, Storms, Sunsets & Sunrises 310,885 photos, 18,202 members
- The Digital Visual - Week in Reader Photos 23,205 photos, 1,294 members
- Canon 7D MkII Image Sharing 1,212 photos, 71 members
- !Catchy Colors 3,776,341 photos, 142,011 members
- FLICKROGRAPHY 3,742 photos, 1,056 members
- Great Blue Herons 1,601 photos, 169 members
- Herşey / Everything 34,023 photos, 1,641 members
- Abstract Flowers 1,086 photos, 127 members
- Wildflower Field Guide, North America 19,366 photos, 1,233 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III (TR) 41,955 photos, 606 members
- CANON DSLR EXPERIENCE - (TR) - 217,427 photos, 3,121 members
- Explorable 15,128 photos, 334 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 68,813 photos, 3,993 members
- Front Range Parks 718 photos, 61 members
- Tra un Manifesto e Lo Specchio - High quality images 416,401 photos, 11,552 members
- PBWA (Photography by Wandering About) 78,444 photos, 1,572 members
- squareFormat 939,925 photos, 36,750 members
- #Flickr12Days 86,788 photos, 7,739 members
- Close-ups of Animals 21,425 photos, 1,342 members
- Archaeology Travel Photos 41,747 photos, 2,301 members
- Princess Cruises 8,304 photos, 407 members
- Stop & Comment 5,683 photos, 467 members
- Golf - public group 36,534 photos, 3,673 members
- ℑ ♡ This Sℌℴt 7,679 photos, 195 members
- Colorado Thunderstorms 2,650 photos, 432 members
- Bike Nation 178,984 photos, 15,565 members
- Canon EOS 1DX / 1DC 28,692 photos, 941 members
- Canon EOS 1D X Group 18,243 photos, 674 members
- Showcase for Soar in Nature's Spirit 4,036 photos, 289 members
- Douglas County Colorado 408 photos, 31 members
- Fisheye Defished 1,492 photos, 332 members
- Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Fisheye 7,482 photos, 1,058 members
- Flickr Friday 16,192 photos, 24,354 members
- #1 GOLD WILDLIFE/ Post 1 - Award 2 (P2-A4) with AWARD CODE! 102,230 photos, 7,828 members
- Clouds and Sky 13,568 photos, 583 members
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM 29,322 photos, 3,473 members
- Bird Perfect (Moderated) 18,947 photos, 2,379 members
- Project Weather 514,564 photos, 80,047 members
- * Birds inside and outside (post 1 ~ comment on 1) 149,862 photos, 4,896 members
Patricia Ware says:
"I'm not even sure how we became friends on Flickr, but I can't thank David enough for the help and support he has given me with my photography. I am fairly new to this wonderful hobby and have had a difficult time understanding how to get the exposure set correctly. So Dave not only explained it to me, but he also gave me links to various articles on the Internet which had even more detail.
He also gently critiques my work telling me how to set my camera to get the correct exposure. He taught me how to set the EV differently for various conditions. I usually take photos of birds, and white birds, he explained, need -EV to bring out their details, whereas black birds need +EV.
He always looks at what I've posted and if he marks it as a favorite, I know I've done well. Dave's the best!"
December 30th, 2010
- David Stephens
- November 2007
- Jacksonville, FL
- Denver, CO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Financial risk manager
- UCM, Inc.