Please pick up your copy here for display on your profile.
My first photography experience was around 50-years ago when I made a penhole camera in "Graphic Arts" class. We took photos of each other, developed them and then learned composition from our junior high instructor.
I bought myself a Yashica 44 with mowing money and the rest is history. I've run hot and cold about photography over the decades, but always appreciated the great start that I got at Oceanway Junior High in North Florida.
I got into digital photography around 2006 with the purchase of a Canon G7. Now I'm using Canon's 5D MkIII and their 7D with several L-series lenses.
To buy prints and image-based products, go to my SmugMug account at:
I'm a guest blogger at Wasatch Reflections Blog, which you can see at http://www.wasatchreflections.com/page28/page10/page10.html
Use Flickriver to view my "Interesting" images:
Here are stats:
I shoot 100% in Raw and convert my images to jpeg using DxO Optics Pro and make global adjustments in DxO. Most "local" adjustments are made in Sagelighteditor. For stitching panoramas or making multi-image HDRs, I use Photoshop.
Photos of dcstep (6)
- Walt Disney World Wildlife / Nature 16 photos, 3 members
- canon digital photography. 627,758 photos, 11,971 members
- vic Photography 601 photos, 205 members
- High Lakes of Colorado 428 photos, 52 members
- Wild Bird Photography 80,727 photos, 1,259 members
- Birds & Animals Butt Shots "Please" BUTTS,BUMS, BACK ENDS ONLY 11,997 photos, 3,060 members
- Noah's Ark, all on board! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,565 photos, 490 members
- ~* Beauties Beasts *~ [ By Admin Invite Only ] 2,007 photos, 743 members
- Eagles of the World 24,736 photos, 3,770 members
- Wide Aspect Ratio 8,686 photos, 368 members
- Birds Portraits 6,060 photos, 2,250 members
- Fog and Rain 257,929 photos, 53,594 members
- Louisa's Animal Gallery 10,923 photos, 516 members
- Canon 7D or 7D2 Nature Photography - Nothing Man Made 66,233 photos, 1,647 members
- Black & White Digital 509,028 photos, 19,159 members
- Canon 7D Mk II 4,499 photos, 294 members
- Clouds, Storms, Sunsets & Sunrises 350,535 photos, 19,977 members
- The Digital Visual - Week in Reader Photos 23,900 photos, 1,301 members
- Canon 7D MkII Image Sharing 2,382 photos, 86 members
- !Catchy Colors 3,824,635 photos, 147,530 members
- FLICKROGRAPHY 12,852 photos, 1,212 members
- Great Blue Herons 1,763 photos, 185 members
- Herşey / Everything 41,675 photos, 1,665 members
- Abstract Flowers 1,234 photos, 133 members
- Wildflower Field Guide, North America 19,829 photos, 1,251 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III (TR) 48,124 photos, 652 members
- CANON DSLR EXPERIENCE - (TR) - 282,519 photos, 3,680 members
- Explorable 20,911 photos, 372 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 75,617 photos, 4,058 members
- Front Range Parks 908 photos, 66 members
- Tra un Manifesto e Lo Specchio - High quality images 450,759 photos, 11,668 members
- PBWA (Photography by Wandering About) 90,824 photos, 1,613 members
- squareFormat 946,755 photos, 37,824 members
- #Flickr12Days 85,780 photos, 7,996 members
- Close-ups of Animals 25,392 photos, 1,374 members
- Archaeology Travel Photos 41,701 photos, 2,301 members
- Princess Cruises 8,523 photos, 419 members
- Stop & Comment 6,548 photos, 472 members
- Golf - public group 37,603 photos, 3,726 members
- ℑ ♡ This Sℌℴt 8,916 photos, 199 members
- Colorado Thunderstorms 2,801 photos, 447 members
- Bike Nation 182,143 photos, 15,682 members
- Canon EOS 1DX / 1DC 30,830 photos, 994 members
- Canon EOS 1D X Group 19,937 photos, 716 members
- Showcase for Soar in Nature's Spirit 4,092 photos, 292 members
- Douglas County Colorado 409 photos, 32 members
- Fisheye Defished 1,512 photos, 335 members
- Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Fisheye 7,870 photos, 1,104 members
- Flickr Friday 18,284 photos, 27,642 members
- #1 GOLD WILDLIFE/ Post 1 - Award 2 (P2-A4) with AWARD CODE! 106,507 photos, 7,933 members
Patricia Ware says:
"I'm not even sure how we became friends on Flickr, but I can't thank David enough for the help and support he has given me with my photography. I am fairly new to this wonderful hobby and have had a difficult time understanding how to get the exposure set correctly. So Dave not only explained it to me, but he also gave me links to various articles on the Internet which had even more detail.
He also gently critiques my work telling me how to set my camera to get the correct exposure. He taught me how to set the EV differently for various conditions. I usually take photos of birds, and white birds, he explained, need -EV to bring out their details, whereas black birds need +EV.
He always looks at what I've posted and if he marks it as a favorite, I know I've done well. Dave's the best!"
December 30th, 2010
- David Stephens
- November 2007
- Jacksonville, FL
- Denver, CO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Financial risk manager
- UCM, Inc.