Please pick up your copy here for display on your profile.
My first photography experience was around 50-years ago when I made a penhole camera in "Graphic Arts" class. We took photos of each other, developed them and then learned composition from our junior high instructor.
I bought myself a Yashica 44 with mowing money and the rest is history. I've run hot and cold about photography over the decades, but always appreciated the great start that I got at Oceanway Junior High in North Florida.
I got into digital photography around 2006 with the purchase of a Canon G7. Now I'm using Canon's 5D MkIII and their 7D with several L-series lenses.
To buy prints and image-based products, go to my SmugMug account at:
I'm a guest blogger at Wasatch Reflections Blog, which you can see at http://www.wasatchreflections.com/page28/page10/page10.html
Use Flickriver to view my "Interesting" images:
Here are stats:
I shoot 100% in Raw and convert my images to jpeg using DxO Optics Pro and make global adjustments in DxO. Most "local" adjustments are made in Sagelighteditor. For stitching panoramas or making multi-image HDRs, I use Photoshop.
Photos of dcstep (5)
- Tra un Manifesto e Lo Specchio - High quality images 225,219 photos, 9,312 members
- PBWA (Photography by Wandering About) 19,894 photos, 1,296 members
- squareFormat 879,711 photos, 33,935 members
- #Flickr12Days 69,091 photos, 7,044 members
- Close-ups of Animals 6,842 photos, 1,043 members
- Archaeology Travel Photos 41,731 photos, 2,214 members
- Princess Cruises 7,712 photos, 372 members
- Stop & Comment 2,299 photos, 456 members
- Golf - public group 33,466 photos, 3,468 members
- ℑ ♡ This Sℌℴt 2,971 photos, 185 members
- Colorado Thunderstorms 2,438 photos, 405 members
- Bike Nation 164,347 photos, 14,961 members
- Canon EOS 1DX / 1DC 16,733 photos, 683 members
- Canon EOS 1D X Group 11,991 photos, 490 members
- Showcase for Soar in Nature's Spirit 2,268 photos, 203 members
- Douglas County Colorado 346 photos, 26 members
- Fisheye Defished 1,405 photos, 316 members
- Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Fisheye 6,149 photos, 840 members
- Flickr Friday 8,429 photos, 13,082 members
- #1 GOLD WILDLIFE/ Post 1 - Award 2 (P2-A4) with AWARD CODE! 84,262 photos, 7,420 members
- Clouds and Sky 7,452 photos, 326 members
- Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM 19,172 photos, 2,450 members
- Bird Perfect/Each Photo By Invite Only 10,853 photos, 2,006 members
- Project Weather 157,397 photos, 38,306 members
- * Birds inside and outside (post 1 ~ comment on 1) 131,434 photos, 4,762 members
- Soar in Nature’s Spirit (a Step-up Group) 4,707 photos, 423 members
- NATURE'S SPIRIT (P1/A2) ~ Invitation needed before posting 13,678 photos, 1,147 members
- Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye 2,790 photos, 362 members
- car shows 159,528 photos, 3,313 members
- Disney Fun and Games! 125,256 photos, 1,815 members
- FLICKR NATURE 877,194 photos, 15,908 members
- panoramas 273,481 photos, 37,167 members
- Canon EOS 5d mkiii 8,501 photos, 56 members
- Sagelight Image Editor 505 photos, 36 members
- Castles of the British Isles 11,141 photos, 2,089 members
- Yorkshire 130,315 photos, 3,643 members
- Cotswolds 10,422 photos, 836 members
- Cumbria and the Lake District 7,047 photos, 608 members
- Dana Point And Laguna Beach 1,789 photos, 36 members
- People in Nature, Nature in People 17,977 photos, 1,663 members
- North American Lake Management Society (NALMS) 405 photos, 39 members
- FlickrNova 79,666 photos, 1,844 members
- All Street Photography 352,999 photos, 7,044 members
- Any kind of wildlife/nature 96,505 photos, 1,451 members
- Colorado Wildflowers 3,189 photos, 220 members
- Astrophotography 81,833 photos, 12,295 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,891,533 photos, 81,714 members
- 5D Mark III only 14,327 photos, 455 members
- Dragonfly & Damselfly Moments 42,207 photos, 4,209 members
- Hummingbirds 37,901 photos, 4,348 members
Patricia Ware says:
"I'm not even sure how we became friends on Flickr, but I can't thank David enough for the help and support he has given me with my photography. I am fairly new to this wonderful hobby and have had a difficult time understanding how to get the exposure set correctly. So Dave not only explained it to me, but he also gave me links to various articles on the Internet which had even more detail.
He also gently critiques my work telling me how to set my camera to get the correct exposure. He taught me how to set the EV differently for various conditions. I usually take photos of birds, and white birds, he explained, need -EV to bring out their details, whereas black birds need +EV.
He always looks at what I've posted and if he marks it as a favorite, I know I've done well. Dave's the best!"
30th December, 2010
- David Stephens
- November 2007
- Jacksonville, FL
- Denver, CO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Financial risk manager
- UCM, Inc.