Please pick up your copy here for display on your profile.
My first photography experience was around 50-years ago when I made a penhole camera in "Graphic Arts" class. We took photos of each other, developed them and then learned composition from our junior high instructor.
I bought myself a Yashica 44 with mowing money and the rest is history. I've run hot and cold about photography over the decades, but always appreciated the great start that I got at Oceanway Junior High in North Florida.
I got into digital photography around 2006 with the purchase of a Canon G7. Now I'm using Canon's 5D MkIII and their 7D with several L-series lenses.
I'm a guest blogger at Wasatch Reflections Blog, which you can see at http://www.wasatchreflections.com/page28/page10/page10.html
Use Flickriver to view my "Interesting" images:
Here are stats:
I shoot 100% in Raw and convert my images to jpeg using DxO Optics Pro and make global adjustments in DxO. Most "local" adjustments are made in Sagelighteditor. For stitching panoramas or making multi-image HDRs, I use Photoshop.
Photos of dcstep (6)
- U.S. National Wildlife Refuges 21,724 photos, 684 members
- Group for all users of FLICKR 142,639 photos, 5,332 members
- Only Owls 1,451 photos, 95 members
- Deer in the wild 2,281 photos, 699 members
- Super-Wide-Angle 47,197 photos, 2,485 members
- Owls (Wild Only) 11,533 photos, 1,236 members
- Flickr (Weekend) 140,482 photos, 8,501 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 495,849 photos, 13,409 members
- Solo Imaginacion 51,066 photos, 2,871 members
- Doors, Windows Portals, Gates & Entryways 168,063 photos, 5,780 members
- Electrifying 4,877 photos, 518 members
- Trinidad High Country Photo 386 photos, 48 members
- wild turkey 1,822 photos, 419 members
- Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM 5,978 photos, 980 members
- The Sunshine State 11,411 photos, 221 members
- Canon EOS 5DS and 5DSR Owners Photographs 14,038 photos, 685 members
- Canon 7D mkii 6,871 photos, 155 members
- Barcelona Pics 167,131 photos, 8,472 members
- MOUNTAIN 89,435 photos, 8,929 members
- US Wildlife 8,562 photos, 238 members
- Canon EOS 5Ds / 5DsR Digital SLR 5,100 photos, 220 members
- Deer rut 2,134 photos, 174 members
- Kayaking 21,613 photos, 3,162 members
- **LOVELY, LOVELY PHOTOS INTERNATIONAL"~MODERATED QUEUE 35,576 photos, 633 members
- Minimalist Nature and Landscape-Open Join 7,495 photos, 600 members
- Canon L Lenses 460,856 photos, 7,028 members
- Colorado Landscape Professionals 8,834 photos, 655 members
- Roma - Rome 97,777 photos, 9,403 members
- Walt Disney World Wildlife / Nature 26 photos, 4 members
- canon digital photography. 780,137 photos, 12,924 members
- vic Photography 2,210 photos, 235 members
- High Lakes of Colorado 1,149 photos, 89 members
- Wild Bird Photography 168,817 photos, 2,177 members
- Birds & Animals Butt Shots "Please" BUTTS,BUMS, BACK ENDS ONLY 14,694 photos, 3,221 members
- Noah's Ark, all on board! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 3,106 photos, 567 members
- ~* Beauties Beasts *~ [ By Admin/Mod Invite Only ] 2,508 photos, 787 members
- Eagles of the World 28,180 photos, 4,089 members
- Wide Aspect Ratio 9,866 photos, 361 members
- Birds Portraits 19,306 photos, 2,589 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 257,919 photos, 58,430 members
- Louisa's Animal Gallery 14,399 photos, 631 members
- Canon 7D or 7D2 Nature Photography - Nothing Man Made 98,572 photos, 2,008 members
- Black & White Digital 809,155 photos, 28,240 members
- Canon 7D Mk II 14,638 photos, 513 members
- Clouds, Storms, Sunsets & Sunrises 518,142 photos, 26,757 members
- The Digital Visual - Week in Reader Photos 25,748 photos, 1,312 members
- Canon 7D MkII Image Sharing 8,906 photos, 152 members
- !Catchy Colors 4,321,651 photos, 171,354 members
- FLICKROGRAPHY 70,966 photos, 1,703 members
- Great Blue Herons 3,070 photos, 276 members
Patricia Ware says:
"I'm not even sure how we became friends on Flickr, but I can't thank David enough for the help and support he has given me with my photography. I am fairly new to this wonderful hobby and have had a difficult time understanding how to get the exposure set correctly. So Dave not only explained it to me, but he also gave me links to various articles on the Internet which had even more detail.
He also gently critiques my work telling me how to set my camera to get the correct exposure. He taught me how to set the EV differently for various conditions. I usually take photos of birds, and white birds, he explained, need -EV to bring out their details, whereas black birds need +EV.
He always looks at what I've posted and if he marks it as a favorite, I know I've done well. Dave's the best!"
December 30th, 2010
- David Stephens
- November 2007
- Jacksonville, FL
- Denver, CO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Financial risk manager
- UCM, Inc.