Please pick up your copy here for display on your profile.
My first photography experience was around 50-years ago when I made a penhole camera in "Graphic Arts" class. We took photos of each other, developed them and then learned composition from our junior high instructor.
I bought myself a Yashica 44 with mowing money and the rest is history. I've run hot and cold about photography over the decades, but always appreciated the great start that I got at Oceanway Junior High in North Florida.
I got into digital photography around 2006 with the purchase of a Canon G7. Now I'm using Canon's 5D MkIv and the 5DS-R with several L-series lenses, including an EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM.
Use Flickriver to view my "Interesting" images:
I shoot 100% in Raw and convert my images to jpeg using DxO Optics Pro and make global adjustments in DxO. . For stitching panoramas or making multi-image HDRs, I use Photoshop.
Photos of dcstep (6)
- Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM 290,024 photos, 13,314 members
- Canon EF 100-400 f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM 29,326 photos, 908 members
- Ob-long (Please Heed Rules!) 19,353 photos, 803 members
- Flickr Number 1 Group 2,304 photos, 66 members
- White/Black 1,094,623 photos, 46,241 members
- Panorama World 36,146 photos, 2,690 members
- Bridge Architecture 6,179 photos, 1,115 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR 4,355 photos, 682 members
- Canon Digital Photo Professional 47,039 photos, 1,950 members
- U.S. National Wildlife Refuges 22,286 photos, 694 members
- Group for all users of FLICKR 326,390 photos, 7,181 members
- Only Owls 2,504 photos, 176 members
- Deer in the wild 2,479 photos, 763 members
- Super-Wide-Angle 48,973 photos, 2,532 members
- Owls (Wild Only) 14,407 photos, 1,452 members
- Digital SLR Photography Magazine 539,104 photos, 13,931 members
- Solo Imaginacion 76,446 photos, 2,960 members
- Doors, Windows Portals, Gates & Entryways 171,778 photos, 5,830 members
- Electrifying 5,282 photos, 537 members
- Trinidad High Country Photo 489 photos, 52 members
- wild turkey 1,869 photos, 426 members
- Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM 6,020 photos, 1,001 members
- The Sunshine State 13,699 photos, 228 members
- Canon EOS 5DS and 5DSR Owners Photographs 16,364 photos, 731 members
- Canon 7D mkii 8,098 photos, 169 members
- Barcelona Pics 171,317 photos, 8,613 members
- MOUNTAIN 103,482 photos, 9,964 members
- US Wildlife 11,694 photos, 297 members
- Canon EOS 5Ds / 5DsR Digital SLR 5,946 photos, 239 members
- Deer rut 2,240 photos, 174 members
- Kayaking 21,753 photos, 3,172 members
- **LOVELY, LOVELY PHOTOS INTERNATIONAL"~MODERATED QUEUE 38,125 photos, 654 members
- Minimalist Nature and Landscape-Open Join 8,477 photos, 676 members
- Canon L Lenses 476,932 photos, 7,091 members
- Colorado Landscape Professionals 9,053 photos, 660 members
- Roma - Rome 98,669 photos, 9,465 members
- Walt Disney World Wildlife / Nature 30 photos, 4 members
- canon digital photography. 813,354 photos, 13,127 members
- vic Photography 2,434 photos, 235 members
- High Lakes of Colorado 1,269 photos, 90 members
- Wild Bird Photography 192,965 photos, 2,439 members
- Birds & Animals Butt Shots "Please" BUTTS,BUMS, BACK ENDS ONLY 14,674 photos, 3,231 members
- Noah's Ark, all on board! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 3,166 photos, 571 members
- ~* Beauties Beasts *~ [ By Admin/Mod Invite Only ] 2,636 photos, 795 members
- Eagles of the World 29,283 photos, 4,173 members
- Wide Aspect Ratio 10,348 photos, 360 members
- Birds Portraits 22,342 photos, 2,647 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 261,510 photos, 58,815 members
- Louisa's Animal Gallery 14,853 photos, 637 members
- Canon 7D or 7D2 Nature Photography - Nothing Man Made 105,723 photos, 2,083 members
Patricia Ware says:
"I'm not even sure how we became friends on Flickr, but I can't thank David enough for the help and support he has given me with my photography. I am fairly new to this wonderful hobby and have had a difficult time understanding how to get the exposure set correctly. So Dave not only explained it to me, but he also gave me links to various articles on the Internet which had even more detail.
He also gently critiques my work telling me how to set my camera to get the correct exposure. He taught me how to set the EV differently for various conditions. I usually take photos of birds, and white birds, he explained, need -EV to bring out their details, whereas black birds need +EV.
He always looks at what I've posted and if he marks it as a favorite, I know I've done well. Dave's the best!"
December 30th, 2010
- David Stephens
- November 2007
- Jacksonville, FL
- Denver, CO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Financial risk manager
- UCM, Inc.