Please pick up your copy here for display on your profile.
My first photography experience was around 50-years ago when I made a penhole camera in "Graphic Arts" class. We took photos of each other, developed them and then learned composition from our junior high instructor.
I bought myself a Yashica 44 with mowing money and the rest is history. I've run hot and cold about photography over the decades, but always appreciated the great start that I got at Oceanway Junior High in North Florida.
I got into digital photography around 2006 with the purchase of a Canon G7. Now I'm using Canon's 5D MkIII and their 7D with several L-series lenses.
To buy prints and image-based products, go to my SmugMug account at:
I'm a guest blogger at Wasatch Reflections Blog, which you can see at http://www.wasatchreflections.com/page28/page10/page10.html
Use Flickriver to view my "Interesting" images:
Here are stats:
I shoot 100% in Raw and convert my images to jpeg using DxO Optics Pro and make global adjustments in DxO. Most "local" adjustments are made in Sagelighteditor. For stitching panoramas or making multi-image HDRs, I use Photoshop.
Photos of dcstep (6)
- US Wildlife 873 photos, 68 members
- Canon EOS 5Ds / 5DsR Digital SLR 1,670 photos, 111 members
- Deer rut 1,912 photos, 165 members
- Kayaking 21,069 photos, 3,078 members
- "LOVELY, LOVELY PHOTOS INTERNATIONAL"~MODERATED QUEUE 24,850 photos, 557 members
- Minimalist Nature and Landscape-Open Join 4,513 photos, 410 members
- Canon L Lenses 401,989 photos, 6,764 members
- Colorado Landscape Professionals 7,901 photos, 611 members
- Roma - Rome 93,853 photos, 9,115 members
- Walt Disney World Wildlife / Nature 24 photos, 4 members
- canon digital photography. 657,559 photos, 12,244 members
- vic Photography 1,005 photos, 220 members
- High Lakes of Colorado 698 photos, 64 members
- Wild Bird Photography 96,311 photos, 1,418 members
- Birds & Animals Butt Shots "Please" BUTTS,BUMS, BACK ENDS ONLY 12,514 photos, 3,094 members
- Noah's Ark, all on board! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,662 photos, 502 members
- ~* Beauties Beasts *~ [ By Admin Invite Only ] 2,103 photos, 759 members
- Eagles of the World 25,336 photos, 3,819 members
- Wide Aspect Ratio 9,129 photos, 372 members
- Birds Portraits 8,453 photos, 2,322 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 251,268 photos, 55,315 members
- Louisa's Animal Gallery 11,371 photos, 546 members
- Canon 7D or 7D2 Nature Photography - Nothing Man Made 72,558 photos, 1,733 members
- Black & White Digital 576,866 photos, 21,514 members
- Canon 7D Mk II 6,365 photos, 345 members
- Clouds, Storms, Sunsets & Sunrises 384,947 photos, 21,362 members
- The Digital Visual - Week in Reader Photos 24,551 photos, 1,306 members
- Canon 7D MkII Image Sharing 3,552 photos, 103 members
- !Catchy Colors 3,973,139 photos, 154,870 members
- FLICKROGRAPHY 24,606 photos, 1,371 members
- Great Blue Herons 2,010 photos, 200 members
- Herşey / Everything 47,302 photos, 1,684 members
- Abstract Flowers 1,398 photos, 133 members
- Wildflower Field Guide, North America 20,129 photos, 1,258 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III (TR) 53,415 photos, 687 members
- CANON DSLR EXPERIENCE - (TR) - 342,031 photos, 4,022 members
- Explorable 25,635 photos, 405 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 81,376 photos, 4,105 members
- Front Range Parks 1,006 photos, 68 members
- Tra un Manifesto e Lo Specchio - High quality images 477,754 photos, 11,825 members
- PBWA (Photography by Wandering About) 101,823 photos, 1,635 members
- squareFormat 955,609 photos, 38,539 members
- #Flickr12Days 85,055 photos, 8,125 members
- Close-ups of Animals 28,927 photos, 1,389 members
- Archaeology Travel Photos 41,559 photos, 2,305 members
- Princess Cruises 8,526 photos, 426 members
- Stop & Comment 7,386 photos, 467 members
- Golf - public group 38,506 photos, 3,739 members
- ℑ ♡ This Sℌℴt 10,095 photos, 200 members
- Colorado Thunderstorms 2,841 photos, 452 members
Patricia Ware says:
"I'm not even sure how we became friends on Flickr, but I can't thank David enough for the help and support he has given me with my photography. I am fairly new to this wonderful hobby and have had a difficult time understanding how to get the exposure set correctly. So Dave not only explained it to me, but he also gave me links to various articles on the Internet which had even more detail.
He also gently critiques my work telling me how to set my camera to get the correct exposure. He taught me how to set the EV differently for various conditions. I usually take photos of birds, and white birds, he explained, need -EV to bring out their details, whereas black birds need +EV.
He always looks at what I've posted and if he marks it as a favorite, I know I've done well. Dave's the best!"
December 30th, 2010
- David Stephens
- November 2007
- Jacksonville, FL
- Denver, CO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Financial risk manager
- UCM, Inc.