Please pick up your copy here for display on your profile.
My first photography experience was around 50-years ago when I made a penhole camera in "Graphic Arts" class. We took photos of each other, developed them and then learned composition from our junior high instructor.
I bought myself a Yashica 44 with mowing money and the rest is history. I've run hot and cold about photography over the decades, but always appreciated the great start that I got at Oceanway Junior High in North Florida.
I got into digital photography around 2006 with the purchase of a Canon G7. Now I'm using Canon's 5D MkIII and their 7D with several L-series lenses.
To buy prints and image-based products, go to my SmugMug account at:
I'm a guest blogger at Wasatch Reflections Blog, which you can see at http://www.wasatchreflections.com/page28/page10/page10.html
Use Flickriver to view my "Interesting" images:
Here are stats:
I shoot 100% in Raw and convert my images to jpeg using DxO Optics Pro and make global adjustments in DxO. Most "local" adjustments are made in Sagelighteditor. For stitching panoramas or making multi-image HDRs, I use Photoshop.
Photos of dcstep (6)
- "LOVELY, LOVELY PHOTOS INTERNATIONAL"~MODERATED QUEUE 22,843 photos, 547 members
- Minimalist Nature and Landscape-Open Join 3,954 photos, 382 members
- Canon L Lenses 395,307 photos, 6,717 members
- Colorado Landscape Professionals 7,724 photos, 601 members
- Roma - Rome 93,149 photos, 9,067 members
- Walt Disney World Wildlife / Nature 24 photos, 4 members
- canon digital photography. 641,839 photos, 12,114 members
- vic Photography 841 photos, 217 members
- High Lakes of Colorado 628 photos, 58 members
- Wild Bird Photography 87,529 photos, 1,319 members
- Birds & Animals Butt Shots "Please" BUTTS,BUMS, BACK ENDS ONLY 12,394 photos, 3,087 members
- Noah's Ark, all on board! (by admin approval) p1 ~ c1 2,613 photos, 491 members
- ~* Beauties Beasts *~ [ By Admin Invite Only ] 2,034 photos, 751 members
- Eagles of the World 24,881 photos, 3,796 members
- Wide Aspect Ratio 9,124 photos, 371 members
- Birds Portraits 7,217 photos, 2,293 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 253,176 photos, 54,451 members
- Louisa's Animal Gallery 11,083 photos, 528 members
- Canon 7D or 7D2 Nature Photography - Nothing Man Made 69,298 photos, 1,684 members
- Black & White Digital 542,033 photos, 20,313 members
- Canon 7D Mk II 5,389 photos, 313 members
- Clouds, Storms, Sunsets & Sunrises 367,365 photos, 20,685 members
- The Digital Visual - Week in Reader Photos 24,201 photos, 1,304 members
- Canon 7D MkII Image Sharing 2,886 photos, 94 members
- !Catchy Colors 3,889,782 photos, 151,334 members
- FLICKROGRAPHY 18,152 photos, 1,286 members
- Great Blue Herons 1,887 photos, 193 members
- Herşey / Everything 44,501 photos, 1,676 members
- Abstract Flowers 1,307 photos, 133 members
- Wildflower Field Guide, North America 19,954 photos, 1,255 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III (TR) 50,424 photos, 668 members
- CANON DSLR EXPERIENCE - (TR) - 310,659 photos, 3,879 members
- Explorable 23,119 photos, 388 members
- ANCIENT RELICS 78,564 photos, 4,098 members
- Front Range Parks 962 photos, 66 members
- Tra un Manifesto e Lo Specchio - High quality images 464,240 photos, 11,744 members
- PBWA (Photography by Wandering About) 96,002 photos, 1,622 members
- squareFormat 951,484 photos, 38,177 members
- #Flickr12Days 85,528 photos, 8,065 members
- Close-ups of Animals 27,060 photos, 1,385 members
- Archaeology Travel Photos 41,677 photos, 2,306 members
- Princess Cruises 8,543 photos, 420 members
- Stop & Comment 6,949 photos, 472 members
- Golf - public group 38,209 photos, 3,732 members
- ℑ ♡ This Sℌℴt 9,501 photos, 200 members
- Colorado Thunderstorms 2,828 photos, 451 members
- Bike Nation 183,585 photos, 15,735 members
- Canon EOS 1DX / 1DC 31,820 photos, 1,029 members
- Canon EOS 1D X Group 20,602 photos, 730 members
- Showcase for Soar in Nature's Spirit 4,117 photos, 295 members
Patricia Ware says:
"I'm not even sure how we became friends on Flickr, but I can't thank David enough for the help and support he has given me with my photography. I am fairly new to this wonderful hobby and have had a difficult time understanding how to get the exposure set correctly. So Dave not only explained it to me, but he also gave me links to various articles on the Internet which had even more detail.
He also gently critiques my work telling me how to set my camera to get the correct exposure. He taught me how to set the EV differently for various conditions. I usually take photos of birds, and white birds, he explained, need -EV to bring out their details, whereas black birds need +EV.
He always looks at what I've posted and if he marks it as a favorite, I know I've done well. Dave's the best!"
December 30th, 2010
- David Stephens
- November 2007
- Jacksonville, FL
- Denver, CO, USA
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Financial risk manager
- UCM, Inc.