David is a 30 year old photographic artist from London.
David grew up in the village of Waddesdon, Buckinghamshire. He later attended Oxford Brookes University, attaining an Honours degree in Ecology and Environmental Biology.
His passion for photography began at a young age. Receiving his first camera at the age of eight, David honed his skills capturing images of the local countryside on the Waddesdon Estate. David began to take photography seriously while at University, but it was only after graduation and the opportunities to travel the world did David discover his passion and adapt his style. Ironically, David has developed a passion for urban and architectural photography, often comparing their likeness with structures in nature.
David employs simple techniques and does not rely on any form of advanced processing. He has never been formally trained in any aspect of photography, but would ultimately like to submit a body of work to the Royal Photographic Society.
In his own words: “My work has always designed to be observational rather than interpretive. Simple and emotive. After all, your eye catches subtleties – light, juxtaposition or texture, whether that’s in a building, a landscape or a cloud formation, and I aim to capture that on camera. I've always been drawn to the detail and intricacy of the world around me, doing nothing but celebrate what was beautiful enough or interesting enough to want to capture the image in the first place. Some of my collections have been described as ‘postcard photography’ but I am quite happy with that description."
David has a collection of work available for sale as reproductions via Fine Art America and Fine Art International.
- Project Weather 607,011 photos, 87,620 members
- Flickr Friday 18,345 photos, 27,697 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Spice' 128,418 photos, 15,428 members
- Stones.. (by admin invitation) ~ P1/A2 10,439 photos, 739 members
- l'espace de vie ~ by invitation only ~ P1/A2 7,424 photos, 689 members
- Exquisite Obscurities 4,832 photos, 1,422 members
- Sexy Cityscapes 1,002 photos, 243 members
- NATURE'S PRIME (P1/A4) VOTE: Macro Mania WINNERS 382,536 photos, 19,251 members
- Baby animals 38,329 photos, 3,912 members
- Super~Six Bronze ☆ Stage #1 ☆ 1,060,490 photos, 40,358 members
- Secrets Of Explore 2,114 photos, 3,424 members
- African Safari 96,108 photos, 4,703 members
- Great Apes 7,554 photos, 755 members
- Mountain Gorillas 2,096 photos, 394 members
- Rwanda 4,020 photos, 307 members
- show me your best pics ever 18,093 photos, 312 members
- Turismo en Argentina 2,249 photos, 81 members
- Chile 190,920 photos, 10,133 members
- Egypt 48,883 photos, 6,177 members
- Desert 45,886 photos, 4,081 members
- artland 813,830 photos, 37,505 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 552,006 photos, 46,233 members
- Petra of Jordan 6,306 photos, 676 members
- Kingdom of Jordan 23,547 photos, 1,743 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,629,363 photos, 78,927 members
- Better Than Good - Level 2 (p1/a5) 44,179 photos, 6,468 members
- Viajar / Travel 87,071 photos, 1,932 members
- CHURCHES & HOUSES OF WORSHIP 178,121 photos, 11,248 members
- Mosques and Minarets 47,741 photos, 6,585 members
- Mostar 1,767 photos, 390 members
- The beautiful Mediterranean 89,713 photos, 4,363 members
- Malta & Gozo 31,032 photos, 2,442 members
- Views: 1250 38,403 photos, 4,876 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,450,815 photos, 26,918 members
- UAE PHOTONATION 5,868 photos, 599 members
- UAE BEST 17,455 photos, 4,143 members
- Dubai 27,669 photos, 2,547 members
- Dubai today 25,687 photos, 4,010 members
- EyeWalks Klub 70,129 photos, 3,089 members
- Waterfalls 149,698 photos, 18,689 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 358,053 photos, 9,500 members
- Built environments 7,667 photos, 174 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 22,297 photos, 5,657 members
- Favorites: 35 15,322 photos, 3,566 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear And Me #7 - Diamond Elite Selection (Only Invite 37,365 photos, 2,627 members
- 1000+ Best Places On Earth 40,053 photos, 3,409 members
- **Super Best Shots on Flickr**/ P1, A 3 ! NO COMMENT=BAN! 161,715 photos, 6,475 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear And Me #6 - Platinum Exclusive Selection (P1A5 I 47,598 photos, 3,181 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #5 - Gold Selection (P1A5 Only Invited) 64,195 photos, 4,448 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #4 - Silver Selection (P1A5 Only Invited) 86,408 photos, 5,156 members
"David Gardener has an eye for the beauty in the world. His photos create a comprehensive portrait of the countries he has been to. Looking at them my wandernlust feeling grows stronger and stronger. Many thanks for sharing!"
December 20th, 2010
"I think I added more of your photos than anyone else's to my favorite list. You have a great sense of space, color, dimension, and how to place yourself at the right place, time, angle for just that perfect shot.
But it's more than that, since each of your photos have a theme you're subconsciously trying to convey. I think that's what make your photos so special."
January 23rd, 2010
"davidgardner is a talented photographer that has taken many surprisingly good photos of places around the world. The USA, Asia, Europe and on. Very artistic of a photographer."
March 23rd, 2009
Brandon Godfrey says:
"David Gardener has the eye of the photographer. Having a browse through his photostream is like a brief glimpse of the world. From the old world buildings of Europe to the modern towers of Dubai and New York City, It seems David has covered it all.
What i enjoy most about david's photostream is his style. His pictures are nothing short of iconic, and the scenes he captures are inspriring. One of my favorite photo's by David is Manhatten Skyline.
I would just like to say, your photos are great david! I will continue to browse your photostream on a regular basis. Cheers from Victoria B.C"
March 10th, 2009
- David Gardener Photography
- December 2008
- London, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken