David is a 30 year old photographic artist from London.
David grew up in the village of Waddesdon, Buckinghamshire. He later attended Oxford Brookes University, attaining an Honours degree in Ecology and Environmental Biology.
His passion for photography began at a young age. Receiving his first camera at the age of eight, David honed his skills capturing images of the local countryside on the Waddesdon Estate. David began to take photography seriously while at University, but it was only after graduation and the opportunities to travel the world did David discover his passion and adapt his style. Ironically, David has developed a passion for urban and architectural photography, often comparing their likeness with structures in nature.
David employs simple techniques and does not rely on any form of advanced processing. He has never been formally trained in any aspect of photography, but would ultimately like to submit a body of work to the Royal Photographic Society.
In his own words: “My work has always designed to be observational rather than interpretive. Simple and emotive. After all, your eye catches subtleties – light, juxtaposition or texture, whether that’s in a building, a landscape or a cloud formation, and I aim to capture that on camera. I've always been drawn to the detail and intricacy of the world around me, doing nothing but celebrate what was beautiful enough or interesting enough to want to capture the image in the first place. Some of my collections have been described as ‘postcard photography’ but I am quite happy with that description."
David has a collection of work available for sale as reproductions via Fine Art America and Fine Art International.
- Project Weather 634,883 photos, 90,753 members
- Flickr Friday 19,736 photos, 29,755 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- 'Expanse' 131,924 photos, 15,578 members
- Stones.. (by admin invitation) ~ P1/A2 11,182 photos, 759 members
- l'espace de vie ~ by invitation only ~ P1/A2 7,786 photos, 696 members
- Exquisite Obscurities 4,814 photos, 1,421 members
- Sexy Cityscapes 1,042 photos, 244 members
- NATURE'S PRIME (P1/A4) CONTEST: Butterflies-VOTE 394,288 photos, 19,488 members
- Baby animals 38,931 photos, 3,939 members
- Super~Six Bronze ☆ Stage #1 ☆ 1,071,392 photos, 40,360 members
- Secrets Of Explore 2,191 photos, 3,498 members
- African Safari 100,409 photos, 4,811 members
- Great Apes 8,047 photos, 786 members
- Mountain Gorillas 2,109 photos, 397 members
- Rwanda 4,054 photos, 307 members
- show me your best pics ever 21,513 photos, 323 members
- Turismo en Argentina 2,328 photos, 86 members
- Chile 196,624 photos, 10,310 members
- Egypt 49,543 photos, 6,214 members
- Desert 46,631 photos, 4,101 members
- artland 858,973 photos, 38,436 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a5) 560,891 photos, 46,420 members
- Petra of Jordan 6,336 photos, 683 members
- Kingdom of Jordan 23,901 photos, 1,753 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,631,835 photos, 80,354 members
- Better Than Good - Level 2 (p1/a5) 44,140 photos, 6,472 members
- Viajar / Travel 92,041 photos, 1,985 members
- CHURCHES & HOUSES OF WORSHIP 183,280 photos, 11,458 members
- Mosques and Minarets 48,404 photos, 6,669 members
- Mostar 1,794 photos, 393 members
- The beautiful Mediterranean 92,821 photos, 4,479 members
- Malta & Gozo 31,891 photos, 2,522 members
- Views: 1250 45,756 photos, 5,179 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,492,513 photos, 27,269 members
- UAE PHOTONATION 6,047 photos, 607 members
- UAE BEST 18,022 photos, 4,168 members
- Dubai 28,438 photos, 2,575 members
- Dubai today 26,315 photos, 4,034 members
- EyeWalks Klub 72,199 photos, 3,090 members
- Waterfalls 155,067 photos, 19,206 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 377,339 photos, 9,681 members
- Built environments 7,737 photos, 174 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 22,233 photos, 5,760 members
- Favorites: 35 18,311 photos, 3,792 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear And Me #7 - Diamond Elite Selection (Only Invite 37,202 photos, 2,588 members
- 1000+ Best Places On Earth 42,213 photos, 3,482 members
- **Super Best Shots on Flickr**/ P1, A 3 ! NO COMMENT=BAN! 165,945 photos, 6,523 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear And Me #6 - Platinum Exclusive Selection (P1A5 I 47,366 photos, 3,131 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #5 - Gold Selection (P1A5 Only Invited) 63,870 photos, 4,384 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #4 - Silver Selection (P1A5 Only Invited) 85,874 photos, 5,097 members
"David Gardener has an eye for the beauty in the world. His photos create a comprehensive portrait of the countries he has been to. Looking at them my wandernlust feeling grows stronger and stronger. Many thanks for sharing!"
December 20th, 2010
"I think I added more of your photos than anyone else's to my favorite list. You have a great sense of space, color, dimension, and how to place yourself at the right place, time, angle for just that perfect shot.
But it's more than that, since each of your photos have a theme you're subconsciously trying to convey. I think that's what make your photos so special."
January 23rd, 2010
"davidgardner is a talented photographer that has taken many surprisingly good photos of places around the world. The USA, Asia, Europe and on. Very artistic of a photographer."
March 23rd, 2009
Brandon Godfrey says:
"David Gardener has the eye of the photographer. Having a browse through his photostream is like a brief glimpse of the world. From the old world buildings of Europe to the modern towers of Dubai and New York City, It seems David has covered it all.
What i enjoy most about david's photostream is his style. His pictures are nothing short of iconic, and the scenes he captures are inspriring. One of my favorite photo's by David is Manhatten Skyline.
I would just like to say, your photos are great david! I will continue to browse your photostream on a regular basis. Cheers from Victoria B.C"
March 10th, 2009
- David Gardener Photography
- December 2008
- London, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken