David is a 30 year old photographic artist from London.
David grew up in the village of Waddesdon, Buckinghamshire. He later attended Oxford Brookes University, attaining an Honours degree in Ecology and Environmental Biology.
His passion for photography began at a young age. Receiving his first camera at the age of eight, David honed his skills capturing images of the local countryside on the Waddesdon Estate. David began to take photography seriously while at University, but it was only after graduation and the opportunities to travel the world did David discover his passion and adapt his style. Ironically, David has developed a passion for urban and architectural photography, often comparing their likeness with structures in nature.
David employs simple techniques and does not rely on any form of advanced processing. He has never been formally trained in any aspect of photography, but would ultimately like to submit a body of work to the Royal Photographic Society.
In his own words: “My work has always designed to be observational rather than interpretive. Simple and emotive. After all, your eye catches subtleties – light, juxtaposition or texture, whether that’s in a building, a landscape or a cloud formation, and I aim to capture that on camera. I've always been drawn to the detail and intricacy of the world around me, doing nothing but celebrate what was beautiful enough or interesting enough to want to capture the image in the first place. Some of my collections have been described as ‘postcard photography’ but I am quite happy with that description."
David has a collection of work available for sale as reproductions via Fine Art America and Fine Art International.
- Project Weather 645,387 photos, 92,154 members
- Flickr Friday 21,001 photos, 31,094 members
- Lonely Planet: Photo Challenges -- this week: 'Return' 135,180 photos, 15,704 members
- Stones.. (by admin invitation) ~ P1/A2 11,774 photos, 773 members
- l'espace de vie ~ by invitation only ~ P1/A2 8,117 photos, 705 members
- Exquisite Obscurities 4,787 photos, 1,416 members
- Sexy Cityscapes 1,112 photos, 250 members
- NATURE'S PRIME (P1/A4) 403,695 photos, 19,689 members
- Baby animals 39,606 photos, 3,958 members
- Super~Six Bronze ☆ Stage #1 ☆ 1,080,288 photos, 40,358 members
- Secrets Of Explore 2,381 photos, 3,566 members
- African Safari 103,824 photos, 4,878 members
- Great Apes 8,350 photos, 801 members
- Mountain Gorillas 2,184 photos, 403 members
- Rwanda 4,055 photos, 308 members
- show me your best pics ever 23,689 photos, 334 members
- Turismo en Argentina 2,406 photos, 86 members
- Chile 201,763 photos, 10,487 members
- Egypt 50,146 photos, 6,256 members
- Desert 47,426 photos, 4,129 members
- artland 893,729 photos, 39,051 members
- Better Than Good - Level 1 (p1/a3) 568,683 photos, 46,528 members
- Petra of Jordan 6,356 photos, 694 members
- Kingdom of Jordan 24,110 photos, 1,779 members
- 10 Million Photos 8,633,691 photos, 81,468 members
- Better Than Good - Level 2 (p1/a3) 44,195 photos, 6,468 members
- Viajar / Travel 95,066 photos, 2,037 members
- CHURCHES & HOUSES OF WORSHIP 187,119 photos, 11,618 members
- Mosques and Minarets 49,044 photos, 6,735 members
- Mostar 1,790 photos, 396 members
- The beautiful Mediterranean 94,688 photos, 4,554 members
- Malta & Gozo 32,434 photos, 2,566 members
- Views: 1250 47,379 photos, 5,399 members
- ★★★Shutter Bug - Tips & Tricks★★★ 1,525,667 photos, 27,549 members
- UAE PHOTONATION 6,182 photos, 620 members
- UAE BEST 18,736 photos, 4,201 members
- Dubai 28,998 photos, 2,610 members
- Dubai today 26,811 photos, 4,067 members
- EyeWalks Klub 73,813 photos, 3,091 members
- Waterfalls 158,925 photos, 19,554 members
- Canada from Sea to Sea 389,265 photos, 9,807 members
- Built environments 7,802 photos, 175 members
- Sudamérica/América do Sul/South America (Post 1; Award 3). 22,145 photos, 5,823 members
- Favorites: 35 21,692 photos, 3,992 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear And Me #7 - Diamond Elite Selection (Only Invite 36,947 photos, 2,554 members
- 1000+ Best Places On Earth 43,850 photos, 3,570 members
- **Super Best Shots on Flickr**/ P1, A 3 ! NO COMMENT=BAN! 169,906 photos, 6,574 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear And Me #6 - Platinum Exclusive Selection (P1A5 I 47,166 photos, 3,098 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #5 - Gold Selection (P1A5 Only Invited) 63,541 photos, 4,344 members
- [CLOSED]My Gear and Me #4 - Silver Selection (P1A5 Only Invited) 85,332 photos, 5,038 members
"David Gardener has an eye for the beauty in the world. His photos create a comprehensive portrait of the countries he has been to. Looking at them my wandernlust feeling grows stronger and stronger. Many thanks for sharing!"
December 20th, 2010
"I think I added more of your photos than anyone else's to my favorite list. You have a great sense of space, color, dimension, and how to place yourself at the right place, time, angle for just that perfect shot.
But it's more than that, since each of your photos have a theme you're subconsciously trying to convey. I think that's what make your photos so special."
January 23rd, 2010
"davidgardner is a talented photographer that has taken many surprisingly good photos of places around the world. The USA, Asia, Europe and on. Very artistic of a photographer."
March 23rd, 2009
Brandon Godfrey says:
"David Gardener has the eye of the photographer. Having a browse through his photostream is like a brief glimpse of the world. From the old world buildings of Europe to the modern towers of Dubai and New York City, It seems David has covered it all.
What i enjoy most about david's photostream is his style. His pictures are nothing short of iconic, and the scenes he captures are inspriring. One of my favorite photo's by David is Manhatten Skyline.
I would just like to say, your photos are great david! I will continue to browse your photostream on a regular basis. Cheers from Victoria B.C"
March 10th, 2009
- David Gardener Photography
- December 2008
- London, United Kingdom
- I am:
- Male and Taken