I'm MALE and TAKEN ( often by surprise), and a Londoner at heart by virtue of thirty odd years of life,love and work there. I love the anonymity and familiarity of the big city, but now I've upped and offed to a very different life. I'm just a snapper rather than a photographer - years (and years !) ago when I was a student I ran a Nikkormat and was well into the moody black and whites - but these days it's just a low rent consumer Olympus (delete) now Ricoh Caplio (delete) Panasonic TZ something and a love for, oooh...everything but especially : mountains, engineering, Citroëns ,things that have been designed beyond mere practicality, things with engines ,, cats & dogs
wine ,food, big skies, the sea,buildings ,mushrooms, history, IL2,ebay, ships and the men who sail in them,and of course what the other guys eye saw. Spend hours looking at other people's images.And wondering. And slightly disconcerted that life is so short.
Gon out. Bak son.
Photos of daviddb (7)
- I'm in the car 1,210 photos, 107 members
- Anything Absurd 18,569 photos, 722 members
- buoys of the world 612 photos, 56 members
- Stick figures who have the situation under control 1,670 photos, 704 members
- The British Raj 546 photos, 47 members
- Sir Benfro 1,162 photos, 50 members
- Sailing in Scotland 1,507 photos, 183 members
- Cat Cats Catz!!! 127,325 photos, 9,459 members
- PeReCi French Classic Cars Club [cars over 20 years only] 23,404 photos, 223 members
- flickr cat 94,578 photos, 4,318 members
- Mediterranean Islands - Νησιά της Μεσογείου 51,006 photos, 1,932 members
- English grub and nowt else. 2,688 photos, 101 members
- Citroën with hydropneumatic suspension 1,900 photos, 53 members
- Citroën hydrauliques 1,802 photos, 27 members
- Citroën Xantia 596 photos, 107 members
- Citroën Stuff 10,434 photos, 302 members
- Youngtimers 94,009 photos, 1,472 members
- Boats, Yachts And Ships (No 30/60 Groups Rule) 95,518 photos, 2,098 members
- UK Ship Spotters 70,060 photos, 1,083 members
- Dredger / Schwimmbagger / Draga Flotante 862 photos, 97 members
- Advertising Sillyness from the Seventies 1,353 photos, 334 members
- IKEA In My Home 12,131 photos, 3,099 members
- Pembrokeshire 22,198 photos, 902 members
- Bikes Move Us 7,857 photos, 813 members
- The SIXTIES 6,060 photos, 166 members
- Can you see the cat? 339 photos, 39 members
- Sir Frederick Gibberd 1,054 photos, 67 members
- The Rarest Road Legal Vehicles in Britain 755 photos, 112 members
- Au goût d'Autrefois 35,767 photos, 575 members
- Wagon Wheels Only 1,440 photos, 382 members
- Small Cars (less than 1 liter OR 356 cm / < 61 ci or 140 ") 8,070 photos, 123 members
- Cerbère 2,576 photos, 53 members
- Sailor Chic 2,019 photos, 570 members
- Opel cars 33,204 photos, 1,513 members
- The Police 79,974 photos, 1,809 members
- Police Vehicles (All Nations...All Types) 107,098 photos, 1,321 members
- FlickrMe 55 photos, 25 members
- STRANGERS! 64,115 photos, 1,705 members
- Steam Locomotives 188,138 photos, 3,361 members
- Steam in the UK 145,064 photos, 2,281 members
- Quel est cet autre lieu? 388 photos, 87 members
- The Lake District UK 95,502 photos, 7,491 members
- Citroën Visa 1,395 photos, 82 members
- Perfect Picnics 770 photos, 265 members
- Citroën Berlingo / Peugeot Partner 827 photos, 56 members
- British Cars Photography 139,615 photos, 3,019 members
- Doors in the street 8,533 photos, 632 members
- Lidl 214 photos, 73 members
- Car Accidents 7,204 photos, 1,226 members
- Aircraft Recognition Silhouettes 763 photos, 23 members
Andy Martini says:
"On the face of it, Mister Daviddb would appear to be a gentleman who spends most of his days underneath beautiful yet ailing old vehicles, but beware of first impressions as his gimlet eye is never far from fixing upon those small delights often overlooked by the casual viewer. All this, the fact that he appears to have access to more than one kitchen plus his SHEER BLOODY ENTHUSIASM for the joy of the everyday makes him one very special Flickrino – he can poach me a curate’s egg any day (make that every day)"
March 30th, 2012
"I have yet to write a testimonial for anyone... and seeing that this one is such a challenge, it may well be the only one I ever write...
So if I am bound to write only one, than I would like it to be yours, since you often leave me lost for words... usually just because you're comments make me laugh so much!!
You are, no doubt, my favourite commentator!
Always witty and always brighten up my day!
Thank you for your remarkable remarks :)"
November 5th, 2008
"I'm not much for stringing words together, but this gent's posts are some of my most favorite in flickramaland."
January 6th, 2007
- October 2005